** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September

Mustafa

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September This weeks fixtures show two teams that offer a value in my opinion. Newcastle v Blackburn. Newcastle at 1.91 Ladbrokes Newcastle have started well and although they do not impress upfront they do look solid at the back this season and are sneaking results, they are taking thier chances when they come along. I know blackburn beat Arsenal on the weekend but to be honest Blackburn did not look great and if Arsenal could defend they would of won the came easily. I know obviuosly that we are into a new season but Newcastle took 26 points at home last year and had a goal differene of +14 which is quite impressive and Blackburn took 15 points and had a goal difference of -19. Only slightly worrying trend I have seen is that Blacburn have wont at St James park on thier last 3 visits. Wigan v Spurs. Spurs at Evens Ladbrokes I would agree that Wigan will be happy with thier start to thier season but they have played the 3 teams that have came up and then lost to two teams that were in the division last year and i would agree that they were two tough away fixtures. Spurs on the other hand lost against the two manchester sides and then won thier last two games, at Wolves which is a hard place to go and Liverpool at home but by an impressive scoreline. spurs are starting to get thier players back and do look stronger at the back. Also as mentuioned earlier Spurs had an impressive away record last year and Wigan had the 3rd worst home record only above two relegated sides Blackpool and West Ham. I personally think that Spurs will just have to much for Wigan. The third price that looks appealing to me is WBA v Fulham draw at 3.3 Ladbrokes. WBA dont look the same side that finished last season but they have had tough fixtures at start of the season. I would also say the same about fulham as they havnt looked great at the start of the season but i do expect them to come good under Jol. I expect a draw and under 2.5.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September

Yeah, but with a team containing Rodallega, Cleverley and Nzogbia - none of whom will be available on Saturday. The season before it was 9-1 to Spurs at the Lane and 3-0 at Wigan :p
Yip i know! I am just stressing the fact personally i dont think EVS is fantastic value, Wigan had a good win against QPR at home and i think it will be a very tough game for Spurs,and Di Santo has hit a rich vein of form now, James McCarthy is a very good player as is Moses, plenty on that Wigan team to worry Spurs i think.

Yip i know! I am just stressing the fact personally i dont think EVS is fantastic value, Wigan had a good win against QPR at home and i think it will be a very tough game for Spurs,and Di Santo has hit a rich vein of form now, James McCarthy is a very good player as is Moses, plenty on that Wigan team to worry Spurs i think.
I agree its not a fantastic price and as stated in my initial post I never back Spurs anyway - just trying to add some knowledge if possible. Worth noting that was a QPR before they strengthened significantly in the transfer window and since that game Wigan have lost all 3. Also the Wigan match you talk about last year followed on the back of a midweek Champions league game. Getting up for a league game against the lower teams after the Champions league match was something we struggled with last year. :ok

I agree its not a fantastic price and as stated in my initial post I never back Spurs anyway - just trying to add some knowledge if possible. Worth noting that was a QPR before they strengthened significantly in the transfer window and since that game Wigan have lost all 3. Also the Wigan match you talk about last year followed on the back of a midweek Champions league game. Getting up for a league game against the lower teams after the Champions league match was something we struggled with last year. :ok
Fully agree with you there mate!

Top teams playing so called weaker sides and I guess outsiders can be taken in some sort of a handicap, especially Swansea and if Villas Boas will play Torres again I can't see them beating Swansea by many goals. Arsenal might be a good pick considering that they won last 9 out of 10 games against Bolton (lost the last one). Might even take it in a double with Man.United who beat Stoke in all 7 games since they were promoted to Premier League.
Is that your only reasoning for considering backing Arsenal? Would you elaborate a bit more on why you think Arsenal might be a good shout?

Are previous head to head meetings not enough for you?
Not for me anyway, because they have nothing to do with this season. For example, Arsenal weren't in a crisis in any of the previous matches which you are using to support your bet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Man.City - Everton Both teams are doing well in terms of scoring goals. However, both also concede regularly. Man.City has a very good attack and so far they have scored 22 goals in 8 games. However, their defense is not great and they also concede goals. Everton are also good up front and so far scored 11 goals in their 6 games. They also have an impressive record against Man.City and won in 7 out of their last 8 games against the citizens. Man.City are much stronger this season but Everton's impressive record against them can't be ignored and I don't see Man.City winning this game easily and can see Everton scoring at least a goal here. Both to Score @ 1.90 (3 units) William Hill

Not for me anyway' date=' because they have nothing to do with this season. For example, Arsenal weren't in a crisis in any of the previous matches which you are using to support your bet.[/quote'] All stats are important in betting and many punters will support my point of view.

They're definitely not enough for me. Are they for you?
Yes they are, but I have not decided 100%. Will do some more research and post my reasoning if I find something. As I said Arsenal might be a good pick considering their record against Bolton.

I know that. This is just a part of my reasoning as you can see from my earlier post regarding the game.
All I can see from your post regarding the game is that Arsenal have won nine of their last ten games against Bolton. You haven't given any other reasons. I'm going to leave this here though. Not worth arguing over something so small. Best of luck with your bet. :ok

Yes they are, but I have not decided 100%. Will do some more research and post my reasoning if I find something. As I said Arsenal might be a good pick considering their record against Bolton.
I know you said might be a good pick considering their record against Bolton. That's why I asked you to elaborate but you've made it clear that stats are enough for you. To each his own I guess. Good luck with that approach :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Games i feel has value in: (open for debate!) Newcastle vs Blackburn Newcastle at 1.91 are too short to back. Blackburn were in crisis, but i feel their lucky win against Arsenal was all they needed to improve. Obviously im not suggesting they will finish in the top half but they shouldn't be rated as lowly as this. Samba and Nelson are solid defenders and yakubu looks a great signing. Blackburn +0.5 @ 21/20 6/10 Wigan vs spurs Wigan play well at home, although a poor side they will go at tottenham and will have a good game. Quite simply i feel they havn't got enough to win, tottenham at evens is too short, therefore: Draw 5/2 3/10 Stoke vs Man utd Stoke are a solid team, especially at home, but their simple game style will be quickly picked off by man utd's creative players. The players have played alot of games and will be chasing shadows for the entire match. Man utd will pick them off and thump the stoke goal. Stoke will get Huth and Shawcross to charge the ball down but in the end the best team will win and a side can run out of luck at the end. Utd WIN 6/10 11/10 (Ik I feel theres alot of value on this one) Utd -1 EVS 10/10 QPR vs Villa Mcleish's side have been boring to watch. They can create a few excellent chances in a match but otherwise is slow. Their defence is solid but their passing and movement is inprecise. I sense a low scoring game of QPR 1 - 0 or 2 - 0. QPR and under 2.5 (Ima see if theres more value in placing individual bets of 1 - 0 and 2 - 0 before making the bet) 3/10

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Unusual for me but I've gone for a high odds treble. The reason being that I have been waiting until the next round of games before getting seriously involved, but I have a few that I fancy this week and would kick myself if they all came off without me putting any money on it. So rather than put normal stakes on each I've just gone for a treble. Maybe not the best reasoning for long-term gambling but it will only be a small stake. Bolton @ 8.5- Bolton have started poorly and their away record under Coyle is abysmal. However, they are still a decent side and have the potential to cause Arsenal trouble; I'm especially thinking of Davies and Klasnic up against Mertesacker and Koschielny. You'd fancy Cahill to put in a good performance against a side who might buy him in January as well and he may be a threat from set pieces against a shaky defence. The main reason for this bet is of course Arsenal's current form, the media attention surrounding it and the probable effect on team morale. At odds as long as these I think it is worth betting against a team who are arguably 'in crisis'. Stoke +1 (AH) @ 1.87- Man Utd have been phenomenal so far but have yet to be tested by a really hard away game. They might continue to steamroller all and sundry but the odds are skinny in my opinion, if you consider their long term away form, and especially their away form last season. Stoke is a very hard place to go and it goes without saying the fans and players will be well up for this. Tiredness should not be too much of an issue with players rotated in midweek. Vidic is still out and you'd fancy Evans to have a problematic game against a physical Stoke side. QPR @ 2.37- I like the look of this QPR side. They have some quality players, Barton and Wright-Phillips have looked stunning and Taarabt looks as though he might prove me wrong and make it in the Premiership. He's certainly come on a lot since his days at WHL. Although it's early to judge QPR, I would say that they look at least equal to Villa in terms of quality. If this is the case, they should be close to evens when playing Villa at home. Comes to 38.5 with Victor Chandler.

Stoke +1 (AH) @ 1.87- Man Utd have been phenomenal so far but have yet to be tested by a really hard away game. They might continue to steamroller all and sundry but the odds are skinny in my opinion, if you consider their long term away form, and especially their away form last season. Stoke is a very hard place to go and it goes without saying the fans and players will be well up for this. Tiredness should not be too much of an issue with players rotated in midweek. Vidic is still out and you'd fancy Evans to have a problematic game against a physical Stoke side.
Just wanted to add my two cents here :ok GL with all your bets though.... Personally 1.87 is way below my acceptable estimation for that bet. Considering you still need Stoke to draw with United to get a result. Worth remembering that United have won all three encounters here at the Brittania. Stoke can be a tough place to go, but I think that is overplayed sometimes, and doesn't hold water where United are concerned as they always put in a good show. I also thinks it takes a brave man to bet against the tide in these circumstances, and I just think that trying to predict when a side in full swing is likely to drop points next is risky and worth a lot more than the 1.87 on offer tbh. Maybe if United had severe injuries and this was nearer the close season when the players are naturally jaded, or United have the title sealed up. Let's not forget as well that Stoke shipped four up at Sunderland last weekend, which might be a warning sign they aren'ty dealing with other distractions.

Newcastle vs Blackburn Newcastle at 1.91 are too short to back. Blackburn were in crisis, but i feel their lucky win against Arsenal was all they needed to improve. Obviously im not suggesting they will finish in the top half but they shouldn't be rated as lowly as this. Samba and Nelson are solid defenders and yakubu looks a great signing. Blackburn +0.5 @ 21/20 6/10
I've been having a look at this one, Newcastle did well against Villa because of the way they controlled the centre of the park, I think Villa have a fairly offensive midfield with Petrov and Delph and those 2 may have been over-powered by the likes of Tiote and Cabaye. Blackburn have Nzonzi in central midfield who I feel would be more up for that kind of CM tusstle. It would depend on who Blackburn stick alongside Nzonzi to help in that battle but for sure the CM positions is where Newcastle's strength and solidity comes from. I just feel Blackburn are stronger than Villa in that area and can perhaps get a result at St James. Confidence will be boosted after collecting 3pts against Arsenal, Blackburn also have more firepower than Newcastle IMO.

Just wanted to add my two cents here :ok GL with all your bets though.... Personally 1.87 is way below my acceptable estimation for that bet. Considering you still need Stoke to draw with United to get a result. Worth remembering that United have won all three encounters here at the Brittania. Stoke can be a tough place to go, but I think that is overplayed sometimes, and doesn't hold water where United are concerned as they always put in a good show. I also thinks it takes a brave man to bet against the tide in these circumstances, and I just think that trying to predict when a side in full swing is likely to drop points next is risky and worth a lot more than the 1.87 on offer tbh. Maybe if United had severe injuries and this was nearer the close season when the players are naturally jaded, or United have the title sealed up. Let's not forget as well that Stoke shipped four up at Sunderland last weekend, which might be a warning sign they aren'ty dealing with other distractions.
If you're playing +1 I think a ''result'' is not losing, with a win a bonus. I think that's the way I see it with this type of bet, anyway.

Unusual for me but I've gone for a high odds treble. The reason being that I have been waiting until the next round of games before getting seriously involved, but I have a few that I fancy this week and would kick myself if they all came off without me putting any money on it. So rather than put normal stakes on each I've just gone for a treble. Maybe not the best reasoning for long-term gambling but it will only be a small stake. Bolton @ 8.5- Bolton have started poorly and their away record under Coyle is abysmal. However, they are still a decent side and have the potential to cause Arsenal trouble; I'm especially thinking of Davies and Klasnic up against Mertesacker and Koschielny. You'd fancy Cahill to put in a good performance against a side who might buy him in January as well and he may be a threat from set pieces against a shaky defence. The main reason for this bet is of course Arsenal's current form, the media attention surrounding it and the probable effect on team morale. At odds as long as these I think it is worth betting against a team who are arguably 'in crisis'. Stoke +1 (AH) @ 1.87- Man Utd have been phenomenal so far but have yet to be tested by a really hard away game. They might continue to steamroller all and sundry but the odds are skinny in my opinion, if you consider their long term away form, and especially their away form last season. Stoke is a very hard place to go and it goes without saying the fans and players will be well up for this. Tiredness should not be too much of an issue with players rotated in midweek. Vidic is still out and you'd fancy Evans to have a problematic game against a physical Stoke side. QPR @ 2.37- I like the look of this QPR side. They have some quality players, Barton and Wright-Phillips have looked stunning and Taarabt looks as though he might prove me wrong and make it in the Premiership. He's certainly come on a lot since his days at WHL. Although it's early to judge QPR, I would say that they look at least equal to Villa in terms of quality. If this is the case, they should be close to evens when playing Villa at home. Comes to 38.5 with Victor Chandler.
99% sure Klasnic is out for Bolton. Still think they will score and could cause an upset, mind.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Toon vs Blackburn Blackburn +0.5AH @ 2.06 I have been unconvinced with Newcastle, despite have a great run and sitting 4th in the table. Apart from getting well deserved points against Fulham and Villa, against Arsenal, Sunderland and especially QPR they were extremely lucky to come away with anything. To me they have looked uninspired going forward and fortunate not to concede in defence, with the opposition missing hosts of chances. Also, are Blackburn really as bad as everyone says? Their squad has a lot of depth to me, and injury worries are easing, with influential Samba and Yakubu both fit. I'd take my chances of over evens for them not to lose here. Arsenal Bolton BOTH SCORE @ 1.72 Both these sides scored in corresponding fixtures last year, and both teams are attack minded, Bolton have scored in 4 out of 5 prem games this season (the one not against United). Arsenal in 3 out of 5. I don't see any problem in Arsenal scoring against an unconvincing back line, but Arsenal's back line is also helpless the majority of the time, no matter who the personnel. 3 out of the 4 Arsenal back line looks on the edge of catastrophe most of the time (Mertesacker, Gibbs and Koscielny) and indiscipline in front will give Bolton plenty of set piece opportunities. United -1AH vs Stoke @ evens Imperious United take their clinical attack to Stoke who defend in numbers and attack in a direct manner. I cannot see Stoke dealing with Uniteds pace and verve at the moment. In defence De Gea is looking assured and they have never really had a problem with Stoke's set pieces as far as I remember- Rio will probably play instead of Evans to provide more experience. With Betfair :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Arsenal - Bolton both to score @1.72 with bet365 I think it's a best way to approach this game, as at these odds I'm not convinced about home win at all. Also, Bolton won only their opener and then suffered 4 defeats in a row, shipping an impressing number of 13 goals in the process. Arsenal is far from perfect defensive-wise, too. New signing Mertesacker looks a bit slow, while Koscielny himself can provide the Bolton goal, should Bolton offensive players fail to score. I believe it's not his last own goal of the season, the one he scored for Blackburn. These defensive factors made me incline toward this bet, but of course both teams have the potential to score some goals. I'll also have a go on over 3 goals @2 with the same bookie

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Swansea +1.75ah @2.02 with bet365 Chelsea showed a really good performance against Man Utd, when they produced a massive 20 shots on De Gea's goal and if they were more effective up front, they could have got something out of the game. But that was away to United, who were not playing with 10 men behind the ball. The upcoming fixture will resemble in my opinion the ties with WBA or Norwich, when Chelsea struggled to win. In both of these games Chelsea were really lucky and let the visitors create many goalscoring chances. Here, I believe, Swansea will play carefully at the back and will want to hit on the counter. They will be on a high after scoring first goals in the Premier League and grabbing first victory. They also have a good goallie in the shape of Vorm, who will be key here. I think Chelsea will get a hard-fought win here, and I'll be surprised to see visitors hammered by the Blues. Also, a small punt on Chelsea to come from behind @7 cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Manchester City-Everton HCX (0:1) 3,80 3/10 bwin Man City should be able to win this but odds are not good enough.Everton has a good record against the Citizens since Mancini got in charge. City has a very important match against Bayern Munich next week and therefore they should be looking for a poor 1-0 or 2-1 victory. Everton is good enough to keep this match tight,but I don't think they will win or snatch a draw because they have no good strikers. I think Mancini is just looking for a victory and this could surely end just 1-0 or 2-1.His mind is already at neyt week's clash in Munich.He knows that they have to reach a draw at least to make sure that the no 1 spot will be realistic. GL:ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Spurs EVENS I will be on this Spurs are getting their players back from Injury VDV is back, Modric finally looks happy, Adebayor looks class in a spurs shirt I just think Spurs will be too good. Wigan are good at home but Hugo Rod is out injured which is a massive loss to them. I am on the YIDS

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Hey all, Just new to punters lounge.tips are great.. Anyway my thoughts for this weekend in the premiership are: Tottenham-Tottenham are a team that have their priorities straight. Unlike two or three teams in the premiership that can field two sides that can win a game tottenham cannot. Hence the much changed "Weakened" line ups against PAOK and their midweek league cup game against Stoke. Spurs eggs are in the league basket in an attempt to secure 4th place. I think they should defeat wigan this weekend with a side that includes an inform adebayor and what now appears to be Modric. I will be waging with this game. Other markets this weekend i like the look off are anytime goalscorers- two of note are manchester uniteds wingers who will be up against if last week is anything to go by possibly Huth and Wilson(not cryng out with pace). I think this could be an area where united will get great joy. Ashley Young 12/5 and nani 11/5 with paddy power. Yakubu who looks in much better shape lately is 13/2 and of course the fast starter and eventually cannot be arsed Adebayor is 6/4. Finally id like to add that I cannot see Swansea scoring at the Bridge this weekend,(after AVB open criticisim of refrees&linesmen) any hope of Swansea sneaking any type of goal against a champions league defence i think is slim..so Swansea not to score is in my mind. Anyway hope this was useful and criticism or more importantly more educated opinions are welcome. cheers lads.:beer

Wigan vs. Tottenham. My initial thoughts are that Tottenham are good value at around evens to beat Wigan at the weekend. Yeah, Tottenham have lost two of their first four games, but we must remember the two of those were against Man City and Man United who were both in scintillating form. Apart from that, Spurs beat Wolves 3-0 and Liverpool 4-0. Not a bad start in my eyes. Wigan haven't started too badly - with two draws, two defeats, and one win - but they do not have the quality to keep out an in-form Tottenham side, especially with Adebayor up-front. I'm very confident that Spurs will win on Saturday so I am going in with a max bet. 5 Units - Tottenham to beat Wigan @2.00 (Paddy Power)
I agree here - Spurs at evens is one of the best prices you'll find in the Premier League this weekend worth taking big. Even though Bale and vd Vaart have been quiet so far, Modric is coming off a good performance versus Liverpool and Adebayor has lifted the club (at least in league position by scoring in both his games). Scott Parker has sured up the defence who now have back-to-back clean sheets. Wigan haven't taken a point in either of their games against non-promoted sides, and from what I saw of their games against the 3 newcomers they weren't convincing in either (ok keeper cost them 2 points v Norwich but still could only score once versus a leaky Championship defence, Swansea came the closest to scoring in Matchday 2 and Di Santo needed 2 deflections to beat a slow-starting QPR side). Take Spurs at EVENS

Yes, Arsenal have a good record but I don't like backing teams who are below 1/2 myself, especially with the mess Arsenal are in. However, Bolton have been shocking in 2011 also....