** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September

Mustafa

Saturday 24 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Manchester City v Everton (12:45 BST) 1.44 4.8 9.4 100.70 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers (15:00 BST) 1.46 4.74 9.11 100.57 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v Swansea City (15:00 BST) 1.22 7.4 19 100.74 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers (15:00 BST) 1.4 5.08 10.5 100.64 %
maximize.gif Newcastle United v Blackburn Rovers (15:00 BST) 1.91 3.6 4.86 100.71 %
maximize.gif West Bromwich Albion v Fulham (15:00 BST) 2.34 3.4 3.45 101.13 %
maximize.gif Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur (15:00 BST) 4 3.6 2.1 100.40 %
maximize.gif Stoke City v Manchester United (17:30 BST) 7.2 4.3 1.58 100.44 %
Sunday 25 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v Aston Villa (16:00 BST) 2.4 3.44 3.35 100.59 %
Monday 26 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Norwich City v Sunderland (20:00 BST) 2.5 3.43 3.06 101.83 %

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Top teams playing so called weaker sides and I guess outsiders can be taken in some sort of a handicap, especially Swansea and if Villas Boas will play Torres again I can't see them beating Swansea by many goals. Arsenal might be a good pick considering that they won last 9 out of 10 games against Bolton (lost the last one). Might even take it in a double with Man.United who beat Stoke in all 7 games since they were promoted to Premier League.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September

Top teams playing so called weaker sides and I guess outsiders can be taken in some sort of a handicap' date=' especially Swansea and [b']if Villas Boas will play Torres again I can't see them beating Swansea by many goals. Arsenal might be a good pick considering that they won last 9 out of 10 games against Bolton (lost the last one). Might even take it in a double with Man.United who beat Stoke in all 7 games since they were promoted to Premier League.
Don't agree with that part. Despite only scoring 1 goal, don't think anyone can argue that Torres hasn't been playing well for the last few games. Sure he missed an absolute sitter but he also played very well on Sunday. Scored a great goal and created a few chances, namely putting it on a plate for Ramires. Also even if he does play, Chelsea have goals from all over the place. Malouda, Mata, Anelka, Drogba (If his back), Lampard, Ramires, Merieles etc. I can see Chelsea winning comfortably.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Early thoughts (pre research) newcastle Wba Qpr Possibly Stoke on a handicap Newcastle looked very decent 2nd half v Villa and although i backed Blackburn last week v Arsenal i'd be suprised see them get soemthing here. Wba v Fulham, not sure about this one really, maybe a draw but Hodgson against his old side who don't travel well, 2.40 wba could be value maybe dnb? QPR v Villa, qpr were very impressive against us (wolves) sat and also played well v Newcastle according to reports and ppl on here. Villa have struggled but not played too badly, wolves 0-0, everton 2-2 and nwecastle 1-1. They always have a threat but perhaps a improving qpr and team who look in form is the way to go. Laslty, stoke v man utd. Man utd in exceptional form but Stoke is a tough place to go and they rarely lose by more than 1 if they do. Will have to look at the odds in the market to see if there's value but worth a look.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Stoke – Man.United Man.United is playing really well at the moment and it looks like they won’t have much competition in the Premier League. Sir Alex rested some of his players in the midweek against Leeds in Carling Cup, but they still won comfortably 3-0. Since Stoke was promoted to the Premier League they played Man.United 7 times and lost all of these games. Stoke will have a game against Besiktas in Europa League an their mind might be on that game. I don’t think that Man.United will win this one easily, but considering their current form I can see them winning by more than 1 goal. Man.United -1 AH @ 1.97 (4 units) Bet365

Better to take Stoke +1 AH. Manchester United series must come to an end and Britannia Stadium is the ideal place to do that. Stoke are really tough' date=' don't look at that 0-4. They are very physical and I think they will not let Rooney and comp to have some fun![/quote'] Agree that it will come to an end but really don't see it happening this weekend. Man.United is in a really good form now.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Early thoughts are with Stoke or maybe DNB, West Brom and if Torres starts for him to score. Ok he missed a sitter on Sunday but performed extremely well in patches and looks as though he will bang in one soon, leading to many. Write up will follow.

Early thoughts are with Stoke or maybe DNB, West Brom and if Torres starts for him to score. Ok he missed a sitter on Sunday but performed extremely well in patches and looks as though he will bang in one soon, leading to many. Write up will follow.
Torres scored on Sunday!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Wigan vs. Tottenham. My initial thoughts are that Tottenham are good value at around evens to beat Wigan at the weekend. Yeah, Tottenham have lost two of their first four games, but we must remember the two of those were against Man City and Man United who were both in scintillating form. Apart from that, Spurs beat Wolves 3-0 and Liverpool 4-0. Not a bad start in my eyes. Wigan haven't started too badly - with two draws, two defeats, and one win - but they do not have the quality to keep out an in-form Tottenham side, especially with Adebayor up-front. I'm very confident that Spurs will win on Saturday so I am going in with a max bet. 5 Units - Tottenham to beat Wigan @2.00 (Paddy Power)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Early thoughts for the weekend are Bolton,man united and man city. Bolton have been playing *reasonably*, and were hard doneby not to steal an equalizer late against Norwich. Arsenal seem completely drained and are relying far to heavily on a defends that can only be described as shaky at best. I will most likely be looking to take them at the double chance win or draw and look for a win this weekend. To cover this bet I will likely take an accumulator on a man city, man united wins. Both these teams are in excellent form and are miles ahead of the competition. Also, i was just wondering what is meant by +1 AH or -1 AH?

Early thoughts for the weekend are Bolton,man united and man city. Bolton have been playing *reasonably*, and were hard doneby not to steal an equalizer late against Norwich. Arsenal seem completely drained and are relying far to heavily on a defends that can only be described as shaky at best. I will most likely be looking to take them at the double chance win or draw and look for a win this weekend. To cover this bet I will likely take an accumulator on a man city, man united wins. Both these teams are in excellent form and are miles ahead of the competition. Also, i was just wondering what is meant by +1 AH or -1 AH?
+1 AH: Bet wins if your selected team wins or draw. If they lose by 1 goal you get your stake back. -1 AH: Bet wins if your selected team wins by at least 2 goals. If they win by 1 goal you get your stake back.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September Dont be dragged in by stokes huge odds for a win on Saturday. Fight the temptation because you'd be mad to go against uniteds form at the mo. They are playing really well together and the pace they have is outstanding. Its ok saying stoke are a solid big team, but pace always comes out on top and they have it in abundance. United win all day long but expecting a small margin and a controlled game due to europe next week and already having a few defensive injuries.. MAN UTD WIN

Wigan vs. Tottenham. Wigan haven't started too badly - with two draws, two defeats, and one win - but they do not have the quality to keep out an in-form Tottenham side, especially with Adebayor up-front. I'm very confident that Spurs will win on Saturday so I am going in with a max bet. 5 Units - Tottenham to beat Wigan @2.00 (Paddy Power)
For what it's worth mate, I strongly fancy us this weekend - although I never back my own team. We had a decent away record last season amassing 26 points and finishing 4th in the away league table. Recording wins against - Liverpool, Sunderland, Blackburn, Villa and Arsenal along the way. We look a much stronger side than last year and with the new additions of Parker, Adebayour and a rejuvenated Modric I think we will have too much for Wigan. We should also have Gallas and Sandro in the squad for the first time this season. Also we haven't conceded a goal in the last 4 games and I always expect us to score so. Good luck with this one :ok

No one taking into account Everton's very impressive record v Man City since Mancini took over?
Also Everton has a good record against Man.City. Out of the last 7 games between these two sides Everton won 7 times, 1 draw and only 2 defeats. I think there might be a value in backing Everton on a handicap. About Wigan - Tottenham. Spurs won 4 times against Wigan in their last 10 games and 3 times at White Heart Lane. In their last 5 home games against Tottenham, Wigan lost only once, drawing on three occasions and with only one win.

Mancini has this City team playing very differently this season' date=' and Everton are a complete shambles atm. I can see the likes of Aguero and Silva ripping them to shreds.[/quote'] What are you raving about??? Everton are in 7th place in the table with a game in hand. If they win the game in hand they go into 3rd spot!! Some shambles that :eyes

Mancini has this City team playing very differently this season' date=' and Everton are a complete shambles atm. I can see the likes of Aguero and Silva ripping them to shreds.[/quote'] Like they did against Fulham? :lol

No one taking into account Everton's very impressive record v Man City since Mancini took over?
Four out of four, ain't it? City look like they're struggling just a tiny bit at the moment too. I would think Everton or unders would be the play here, thought I'm yet to look at it.

What are you raving about??? Everton are in 7th place in the table with a game in hand. If they win the game in hand they go into 3rd spot!! Some shambles that :eyes
Agreed they are not in shambles but their position definately flatters them. Had a very easy fixture list compared to most and shouldn't have picked up the results they have either. Blackburn should have definately won at home and pretty sure Villa and Wigan had their chances. Man City are in a different league to them and all the teams they have faced. Plus the fact they are at home means I can't see Everton getting anything this time round.

I take you don't know what's going on behind the scenes at Everton atm. That's fine though. ;) Also I guess you just glance at the league each week and make your picks, even if it is only after 4 games of the season? If you had seen how Everton have been playing, and the calibre of opposition they have faced so far, you might be a little less confident about their chances this weekend. Fulham are rarely an easy team to beat at Craven Cottage. City should have won quite comfortably of course, but there's no disgrace in dropping points there.
Well if Everton are a shambles what does that make Arsenal? They lost to QPR on their opener.... Since then they have played 5 games, won 4 and drew 1... Add to their very good record against City in recent times... Granted they only beat Sheffield United, Blackburn, Wigan and West Brom, they had a draw against Villa, i cant envisage how you could call them shambolic??? Behind the scenes has nothing to do with the results on the pitch! Everton are doing well Lets not forget that Everton start slowly every year, they were in the relegation zone for a good while in previous years at the start! Obviously if you look at my picks i do more than look at the league table so thats unconstructive of you!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September This may be bias as I am a tottenham fan, but one of the stand out bets for me this week is tottenham to beat wigan. Tottenhams first two games were against Man city and Man utd who were both in amazing form at the time, Since then tottenham have won both games comfortably, keeping clean sheets in both games. Tottenham at EVENS seems to be an amazing price to me! I have taken this early because i think the odds will drop come the weekend. If Ledley King Plays i will be tempted to go for spurs to win to nil. GL :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 24-26 September I think Everton will give City a hard game, not sure they'll get anything, but I certainly would rather lay than back City @ 1.4ish. Everton have done well there in recent years, and whilst head to head isn't always the best indicator, in this case I'd say it is as Moyes has been at Everton for a while and the way they play hasn't changed a great deal lately. Everton struggle to break down weaker sides at home but tend to put in excellent performances when playing on the counter attack at top four sides. They don't always pick up points but these games are normally pretty close.

This may be bias as I am a tottenham fan, but one of the stand out bets for me this week is tottenham to beat wigan. Tottenhams first two games were against Man city and Man utd who were both in amazing form at the time, Since then tottenham have won both games comfortably, keeping clean sheets in both games. Tottenham at EVENS seems to be an amazing price to me! I have taken this early because i think the odds will drop come the weekend. If Ledley King Plays i will be tempted to go for spurs to win to nil. GL :ok
I agree that Spurs should win but you have to bear in mind that most of Wigan's games this season have been away from home.. They had 2 games at home, a win against QPR and a draw against Norwich. No mean feat i guess but i think Wigan will be a tough gritty side at home this season as they need to have decent home form if they are to survive as they wont pick up much on their travels. I cant agree that EVS is amazing value as it is an away match, and Spurs have had 2 tough cup games recently at PAOK and Stoke! I wouldnt go in too heavy but i agree that they are the most likely winners.

I cant agree that EVS is amazing value as it is an away match, and Spurs have had 2 tough cup games recently at PAOK and Stoke! I wouldnt go in too heavy but i agree that they are the most likely winners.
Agree about evens being average value at best. Spurs have only beaten them twice out of six attempts here, so for me evens looks about fair. Disagree about the cup games though, Spurs rotated the squad, and the majority of the team that take to the field in Wigan will have had time to rest.

Also wasnt it Wigan who defeated Spurs at White Hart Lane last season???
Yeah, but with a team containing Rodallega, Cleverley and Nzogbia - none of whom will be available on Saturday. The season before it was 9-1 to Spurs at the Lane and 3-0 at Wigan :p