** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Been getting big into Serie A this season, already seen a fair few games on the tv and now in a position to have a bet or two! AC Milan vs Udinese - Udinese DNB 4.0 at Coral (3/10) You have to worry for Milan here having seen them toil so badly against Napoli at the weekend particularly in midfield. The problem is with so many injuries in that area (Gattuso, Boeteng, Robinho, Ambrosini and Flamimi are all out) Allegri has very little possibility for change, and from what i've seen Udinese play a similar way to Napoli, with the extra man in midfield allowing them to attack quickly and with large numbers and that midfield will be tested again. As well as the tactics of Udinese I think fitness will also be an issue here. Both have played league and european matches this season, but in the case of Udinese both their league games have been sown up in the first half and they have been able to take the foot of the gas. Against Rennes in the Europa League they were able to rest a few first teamers players. Milan on the other hand have had to comeback from 2-0 against Lazio, were given 88 minutes on the Barca rollercoaster midweek and then outclassed and outfought by Napoli at the weekend. With the likes of Nesta, Van Bommel and Seedorf in the team this will no doubt have taken a toll, something which was evident in the second half against Napoli. Both the games last season were draws so it shows how close these two are ability wise, and with the fitness issues Milan have this is a good as a chance as any for Udinese to register a win and keep up there 100% league record. :hope

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September

Novara vs Inter Novara is the most pleasant surprise in Italy in recent years. This will be their first game in front of their fans on artificial pitch, which can be a problem for this season unconvincing Inter. This will be a historic match for Novara that will play the first Seria A home game after 55 years. They have sold two best strikers from last season, but have brought several experienced players. The biggest changes at Inter are Eto'o's departure and arrival of coach Gasperini. He's under pressure cause of poor results, but will try with his attacking style to win tonight and thus returns confidence. Away side will again be without injured Stankovic, Maicon and Motta, but Chivu probably returns to the field. Inter's victory has no value in this case, but goals are an excellent valued. Novara (4-3-1-2): Ujkani; Dellafiore, Lisuzzo, Paci, Gemiti; Porcari, Radovanovic, Rigoni; Mazzarani; Meggiorini, Morimoto. INTER (3-5-2): Julio Cesar, Lucio, Ranocchia, Chivu; Nagatomo, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Obi; Pazzini, Forlan. over 2,5 @1.95 3/10 :clap
3:1 Novara deserves all praises and Gasperini just - arrivederci! :cigar

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September One more for Wednesdays games is; Juventus vs Bologna - Juve -1.5AH 2.30 at Victor Chandler (4/10) I'm loving the look of this Juve team so far this season and have high hopes that they can keep it up and get a title challenge going. Didn't see the Siena game, but against Parma in the first game of the season they were fantastic in parts, great movement and passing all over the pitch with Pirlo pulling the strings. The fans will want many more games like that to grace the new stadium, and against a Bologna side who have had a troubled start to the season they will expect a similar score and performance. Bologna for there part will probably come with a defensive mindset dropping either Diamenti or Aquafrescha for an extra midfielder as they did away to Fiorentina in the first match of the season. However the great thing about this Juve team now is that they have great depth of squad and could bring the likes of Elia or Toni off the bench offering decent back up plans if they are struggling to break a more defensive Bologna down and because of that I cant see them not being able to win this match. The extra goal required for this bet just comes more out of optimism that with the attacking talents on the pitch and with Pirlo getting back to his best they should create a few opportunities and this Bologna defence is pretty poor and don't think they will be able to cope with 90 minutes of pressure and trickery from the Juve attackers. :hope

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Not entirly sure what that article says but he's fit according to the official Juve site, who has Pirlo listed in Conte's 21 man squad for this game as at the end of training today. We shall see how it plays out, but personally not too worried if he does start or is on the bench as like I say they have a number of other options to use. The likes of Del Piero or Krasic could come in a be a very capable play maker for them in this game.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Italian Soccer 2011-2012 2W-0L-0P +2.00 units (100.00%) Udinese +1 (-146) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Just liking these guys early on with the preseason experience of playing Arsenal and now the Europa League. They've got more time in together then the other Italian teams

Novara - Inter Not impressed by Inter so far, but the last 20 minutes of Roma game Gasperini finally realised that Sneijder is made for role of playing in behind the strikers, and since that point Inter was better team. So i believe, Inter should get a vital win in this game, not sure if 4 man defence will be played, but overall quality is on Inter side and it is time for them to get a first win Novara not bad, but still relegation candidate and in this game against wounded Inter i see them having no chance at all. Inter -0.75 @ 1.95 sbobet
bet lost, congratulations to Novara, totally deserved win! If i saw dangerous Inter against Roma, when Sneijder went on to play in his position, this game was a disaster. Gasperini did not build on last 20 minutes of Roma game, but made weird choices, pur Sneijder into central midfield and stuck to 3-4-3. I can not say that Novara was good, but Inter was so bad, they created one chance in whole game (their goal was a fluke) which Pazzini managed to miss. If Benitez was bad then Gasperini is fit for mental insitution, with all that talent in Inter squad he seems to try to get the minimum out his players and if e does not get the sack in 24 hours, then Inter has already lost the Scudetto race.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September AC Milan v Udinese Results since 2005 when Milan are at home: Milan 3 - 1 Udinese Milan 3 - 2 Udinese Milan 5 - 1 Udinese Milan 2 - 3 Udinese Milan 4 - 1 Udinese Milan 5 - 1 Udinese Milan 0 - 1 Udinese Milan 3 - 2 Udinese Milan 4 - 4 Udinese See a trend here??? :lol Over 3.5 looks like cracking value here Over 3.5 Goals @ 9/4 Ladbrokes

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Chievo vs Napoli Pick: Draw Probable starting eleven: Chievo: Sorrentino; Sardo, Andreolli, Cesar, Jokic; Bradley, Rigoni, Hetemaj; Cruzado; Paloschi, Moscardelli Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Zuniga, Inler, Gargano, Dossena; Hamsik, Pandev; Cavani It is clear we will see an interesting match at Stadio Bentegodi in Verona. Napoli is the favorite, no doubt about it. They started the season in terrific way, with two victories in the row. First they won Cesena on road, then the actual champion Milan at home. In the meantime Napoli played 1:1 in England, against Manchester City in UEFA Champions League. For this match coach Walter Mazzarri will be without Marco Donadel and Miguel Britos as they are still injured. Chievo started the season not too good. In the first round they played 2:2 with Novara at home, even they were leading 2:0 after 24 minutes with goals scored by Sergio Pellissier and Cyril Thereau. In the second round Chievo lost 1:2 from Parma. Coach Domenico Di Carlo is under small pressure and this is very important match. Three players are doubtful for this match, Sergio Pellissier, Francesco Acerbi and Luciano. I think this match will end with draw. Napoli is better team, they are in good form, but we can't underestimate Chievo. Specially because they are playing at home. After all, Chievo took all six points the last season, winning 2:0 at home and 3:1 in Naples. So, I think this match will finish with draw.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Lecce v Atalanta This should be a very tight affair but i fancy Atalanta to get a result here. They have a very good record at Lecce with 2 wins, 2 draws and only 1 loss there in their last 5 visits.. On that basis Atalanta draw no bet appeals to me. Atalanta DNB @ 11/8 Bet365

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Juventus vs Bologna Pick: Under 2.5 goals Probable starting eleven: Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Krasic, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pepe; Matri, Vucinic Bologna: Gillet; Raggi, Portanova, Loria, Morleo; Perez, Mudingayi, Kone; Diamanti; Acquafresca, Di Vaio I think Juventus will win, but I also think there will be no more then two goals in Torino. First of all Bologna is playing very poor. They failed to score a single goal in the first two matches. So, how can we expect Bologna to score against Juventus when they failed to score against Fiorentina and Lecce. I know Bologna have a good striker in Marco Di Vaio, but it seems his time is gone. Di Vaio is old and slow and I am sure Juve defenders can handle with him. Now about Juventus, how many goals can they score. In the first round they scored four goals against Parma, but then just one against Siena. Coach Antonio Conte has many options in the attack. Still, I believe Juventus will win 1:0 or maximum 2:0 on this game. After all, three of the last four mutual games have ended with Under 2.5 goals. Here are the results: Italian Serie A 2010/11 26.02.2011. Juventus - Bologna 0:2 24.10.2010. Bologna - Juventus 0:0 Italian Serie A 2009/10 21.02.2010. Bologna - Juventus 1:2 27.09.2009. Juventus - Bologna 1:1 So, I believe in another low efficient match. Bologna will play catenaccio, no doubt about that. As I already wrote, I don't think they will score. That is why I am suggesting Under 2.5 goals.

For the rest of this round, I will take Napoli, but I think odds will rise tomorrow cause Mr. Mazzarri will rest some regulars for turnover
Napoli should play with De Sanctis, Aronica, Fernandez, Fideleff, Maggio, Zuniga, Gargano, Dzemaili, Santana, Hamsik, Pandev. Cavani on the bench, maybe also Inler, Lavezzi, Campagnaro and Dossena did not go with the team to Verona. Odds for away win are rising and will continue according to me.

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Krasic, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pepe; Matri, Vucinic Bologna: Gillet; Raggi, Portanova, Loria, Morleo; Perez, Mudingayi, Kone; Diamanti; Acquafresca, Di Vaio
Hi mate, Del Piero will play instead of Matri upfront, and for Bologna only one between Acquafresca and Di Vaio will play upfront.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Milan vs Udinese Pick: Milan Probable starting eleven: Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Seedorf; Aquilani; Pato, Cassano Udinese: Handanovic; Benatia, Danilo, Domizzi; Basta, Isla, Pinzi, Badu, Armero; Torje; Di Natale There is no other option for Milan then a victory. Milan have just one point from the first two rounds and this is a must win situation. I know the opponent is Udinese, another good team then even participate in UEFA Champions League qualifications (Udinese was eliminated from Arsenal), but Milan have to win. Coach Alegri will have to play without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Massimo Ambrosini and Mathieu Flamini, but Milan have other good players. Alexandre Pato is in great form and his confidence is very high at the moment, specially after his great performance at Nou Camp where he scored the fastest goal in Champions League. Udinese coach Francesco Guidolin has also some unavailable players as Andrea Coda, Damiano Ferronetti, Antonio Floro Flores, Giovanni Pasquale and Kwadwo Asamoah are injured. But I see some motivation problems in Udinese squad, specially after the fans jeered during the match with Rennes in UEFA Europa League. Finally, Milan have a good home record against Udinese in the last few seasons. Three victories and one draw surely point out who is the favorite on this match. Here are the results: 09.01.2011. Milan - Udinese 4:4 12.02.2010. Milan - Udinese 3:2 21.12.2008. Milan - Udinese 5:1 18.05.2008. Milan - Udinese 4:1 I believe Milan will win once again.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Milan vs. Udinese As said I am taking Udinese+0.75 and here is why. Udinese are a great dog team and will once again assume that role tonight. They are also a great counter-attack team which is what will worry Milan most. Milan are coming into this under some pressure. They've yet to get going in the league and were overrun by Napoli due to their sheer energy and pace. Udinese have both of these in bundles so they'll be in for a long night if they can't get a firmer grip. Their narrow and largely slow midfield will be stretched to the limit by the 5 man midfield of Udinese. This is potentially Nesta's 4th game in 12 days - a schedule that he will certainly not be loving. Yepes could step in for him as an able replacement. God forbid if Silva is rested it is game over. The midfield has been struggling of late. Only Nocerino has pace and energy in there. MVB hasn't been bossing games like he usually has. Seedorf is too slow. Cass/Pato has not been working out well. I have to disagree regarding Pato - he has been off-form and playing poorly - along with the team. Cass is Cass. Udinese face their 4th game in 10 days which is a bit of a worry to be honest. They rely on pace and energy quite heavily so if that is lacking their effectiveness will certainly drop. Asamoah is doubtful so Badu may step into his role as energetic destroyer. He'll run all day. Isla into CM was a masterstroke and he was really great in that role. Basta and Armero will raid the wings as always. Torje will play off of Di Natale to offer some more support when needed. This is a team, and as a team, they are so mobile Milan will struggle to get a grip. I personally can't see how Milan can overrun Udinese at any point. Milan can only build attacks slowly and therefore Udinese will always be able to get back in and man up. With the ball Udinese will also stretch the Milan midfield when they break. If needs be they can drop into a back 5 and so on. Guidolin is a fantastic manager who really sees the team as one unit. Udinese +0.75 - 1.926 - 3 points - Pinnacle

Napoli should play with De Sanctis, Aronica, Fernandez, Fideleff, Maggio, Zuniga, Gargano, Dzemaili, Santana, Hamsik, Pandev. Cavani on the bench, maybe also Inler, Lavezzi, Campagnaro and Dossena did not go with the team to Verona. Odds for away win are rising and will continue according to me.
Do you really think they will rest that many players? It's a really tough one for Mazzari to judge because his side have real momentum so to break that up would be foolish. They have a tough schedule though so I think some will be made. I'm quite happy to let the odds rise and see a line-up and then decide. Pelissier is missing for Chievo and I'll certainly take Napoli DNB if I can. EDIT - Napoli do also usually put the smaller clubs to the sword.

Gasperini is gone! Ranieri is favourite to take over so Inter's woes should continue to some degree. It really is crazy that two seasons ago they had Mou' date=' and now they are back to their farcical ways.[/quote'] yes, ranieri is the favorite candidate for inter now.. more news : http://betting.betfair.com/international-football/italian-football/serie-a-betting-shambolic-inter-need-to-make-spall-210911.html

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Getting rid of a manager after only 5 matches is disgraceful!! How can a manager have any chance if this is the case? Personally i would like to see sanctions on clubs that change their manager very frequently, it would make clubs far more selective on who they choose, beyond belief getting the sack after only 5 games!

Getting rid of a manager after only 5 matches is disgraceful!! How can a manager have any chance if this is the case? Personally i would like to see sanctions on clubs that change their manager very frequently, it would make clubs far more selective on who they choose, beyond belief getting the sack after only 5 games!
In Romania there were teams last season which changed coach like 7 or more times during a season. Some coaches lasted only 1 game!! I agree there should be some punishment against owners who do that.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September Hi everyone. I'm italian and I'm a big Udinese fan. Tonight we can play a good counterattack match, nobody of the starting eleven is injured or disqualified. Ac Milan is not playing well at all and we won the last three matches (Lecce 2-0, Rennes 2-1 and Fiorentina 2-0). Di Natale scored a goal in all the 4 previous games and Gabriel Torje is too quick for Milan defensive department. Milan-Udinese 2 @5 stake3 bwin Milan-Udinese X2 @2,25 stake5 bwin

In Romania there were teams last season which changed coach like 7 or more times during a season. Some coaches lasted only 1 game!! I agree there should be some punishment against owners who do that.
I think its a risk for being a coach. the big club usually make strict contract for the candidate. if he didnt want the risk, why he signed the contract? its always hot seat for the coach who handle the big teams..

Hi everyone. I'm italian and I'm a big Udinese fan. Tonight we can play a good counterattack match, nobody of the starting eleven is injured or disqualified. Ac Milan is not playing well at all and we won the last three matches (Lecce 2-0, Rennes 2-1 and Fiorentina 2-0). Di Natale scored a goal in all the 4 previous games and Gabriel Torje is too quick for Milan defensive department. Milan-Udinese 2 @5 stake3 bwin Milan-Udinese X2 @2,25 stake5 bwin
All fans want their team win. but for the professional punter will predict objectively. if i were you, i will skip this match..

All fans want their team win. but for the professional punter will predict objectively. if i were you, i will skip this match..
I agree with you, but believe me I'm very objective when my team plays. If you see Italian forums, 80% of people are sure Milan won't win tonight, for the things I explained before. Ac Milan has great top players and can obviously win this match, but my opinion is that a double chance at @2,25 is pretty good and my advice is not to skip it:-) But of course, this is just an opinion

Do you really think they will rest that many players? It's a really tough one for Mazzari to judge because his side have real momentum so to break that up would be foolish. They have a tough schedule though so I think some will be made. I'm quite happy to let the odds rise and see a line-up and then decide. Pelissier is missing for Chievo and I'll certainly take Napoli DNB if I can. EDIT - Napoli do also usually put the smaller clubs to the sword.
I have same idea, I will take Napoli dnb if odds rise a little more, I am checking odds from Monday morning, It's sure that Mazzarri will make some changes, Saturday they will have Fiorentina, and then Villareal for Champions League at San Paolo, after the draw against City thay think qualification (at least 3rd place) is not impossible. Lavezzi, Campagnaro and Dossena will be rested for sure, I think Mazzarri will change only 1 player in defense, Fideleff according to me will not start, I believe Inler and Cavani will start from the bench and maybe will play 2nd half, sure away win around @2 was nosense.
I agree with you, but believe me I'm very objective when my team plays. If you see Italian forums, 80% of people are sure Milan won't win tonight, for the things I explained before. Ac Milan has great top players and can obviously win this match, but my opinion is that a double chance at @2,25 is pretty good and my advice is not to skip it:-) But of course, this is just an opinion
Hi mate, I added that Milan should have played with Thiago Silva midfield and Van Bommel on the bench, but Antonini and Bonera injuries (just yesterday) obliged Allegri to put Thiago in defense, so midfield will be the same which played agains Napoli, and there was in midfield that Milan lost match. Udinese has good counterattack players, with high speed, It will be really a difficult game for AC Milan, more then odds say.

AC Milan v Udinese Results since 2005 when Milan are at home: Milan 3 - 1 Udinese Milan 3 - 2 Udinese Milan 5 - 1 Udinese Milan 2 - 3 Udinese Milan 4 - 1 Udinese Milan 5 - 1 Udinese Milan 0 - 1 Udinese Milan 3 - 2 Udinese Milan 4 - 4 Udinese See a trend here??? :lol Over 3.5 looks like cracking value here Over 3.5 Goals @ 9/4 Ladbrokes
I looked at that as well. Overs won in 13 of last 16 meetings at San Siro. Udinese scored 38 goals away from home last year - the most in Serie A. Even if you take away their 7-0 thrashing of Palermo, they would still have outscored the next team (Roma) by three. Over 2.5 is a cracking bet.

Sport Football (Italy)
Event Chievo - Napoli
Selection over 2 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.70
Reasoning Chievo opening match at home finished 2-2 against Novara, after that they lose 2-1 in Parma so two over in a row. On the other hand Napoli succeed to score three against Millan, three against Cesena both mathces they won with 3-1 also two over in a row. It is interesting that Chievo won last two encounters 2-0 at home 1-3 in Napoli past season. Another reason here is that three of last four enocunters played in Chievo finished over.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 20-22 September AC Milan-Udinese =both teams to score (1.72) bet365 Milan position 16° points 1 Udinese position 3° points 6 Preview: Milan: unavailable: Flamini, Mexes, Gattuso, Ibrahimovic, Ambrosini, Boateng, Robinho, Antonini, Bonera Udinese unavailable: Ferronetti, Coda, Floro Flores, Pasquale, Barreto Milan have a score of w0-d1-l1 goals scored 3 goals against 5 Udinese and has a score of w2-d0-l0goals scored 4 goals against 0. The last eight games between AC Milan and Udinese at the Meazza goals are all finished and over. The two teams prefer the offensive game having among their ranks the likes of Pato, Cassano, Di Natale. Instead the defense of the two teams often leaves much to be desired alternating excellent performance in very poor performance with total amnesia. So in the end I think this is a game full of action scoring. :hope:hope:hope