** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September

Tuesday 20 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Osasuna v Sevilla (19:00 BST) 2.72 3.4 2.75 102.54 %
maximize.gif Real Sociedad v Granada CF (19:00 BST) 1.95 3.65 4.6 100.42 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Real Mallorca (21:00 BST) 1.68 3.95 6 101.51 %
Wednesday 21 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v Real Sporting de Gijon (19:00 BST) 1.53 4.6 8 99.46 %
maximize.gif Málaga v Athletic Bilbao (19:00 BST) 1.73 3.9 5.3 102.31 %
maximize.gif Racing Santander v Real Madrid (19:00 BST) 14.5 6.6 1.25 102.05 %
maximize.gif Rayo Vallecano v Levante UD (19:00 BST) 2.25 3.35 3.6 102.07 %
maximize.gif Valencia v FC Barcelona (21:00 BST) 8 5 1.5 99.17 %
Thursday 22 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Espanyol v Getafe (19:00 BST) 2.2 3.35 3.6 103.08 %
maximize.gif Real Betis v Real Zaragoza (21:00 BST) 1.8 3.65 5.2 102.18 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September I'm no expert on Spanish La Liga, but i can see two intresting matches on tuesday. Real Sociedad playing home with Granada @1,95 looks very good. They played Barca@ home and draw 2-2, in two away matches they have 1W 1L - win against weak Sporting Gijon, and a narrow lose with FC Sevilla. Oposite team won last weekend with Villareal @ home 1-0, but two other matches they lost 0-1 against Betis and only away feature 4-0 with Malaga, which team I rate close to Real Sociedad. I predict home win. Real Sociedad 1 @1,95 8/10 Second match is AGAINST Villareal wchich is doing awful at the moment. Only 1 point in 3 matches. On the oter hand we have Mallorca team wchich has 3pts from Espanyol win@home. I think X2@ 2,10 is a good choice. Mallorca X2 @2,10 4/10

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Osasuna vs Sevilla A team thrashed 0-83 days ago cannot have a great morale tonight. Sevilla is doing pretty well this season, is not the force that used to be but is a team that will have good results further. I think that Sevilla has the most of the chances to win this match and I am staying with them. away 0 AH @ 1.86 with Ladbrokes

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Sociedad -Granada=Xpt (2.20) bet365 Sociedad position 10° points 4 Granada position 15° points 3 Preview: Sociedad: injured: Xabi Prieto (midfielder 3 / 0), Carlos Martinez (defender 2 / 0); Granada: injured: Geijo (striker 1 / 0). Sociedad has a score of w1-d1-l1 goals scored 4 goals against 4, while Granada has a score of w1-d0-l2 goals scored 1 goals against 5. Sociedad after losing their last game 0-1 against Sevilla for playing a good game today, will address the Granada that comes from a good performance and a surprising victory against Villarreal. Fabri Gonzales Granada coach said that most likely will make a small turn-over in this match as his players have spent a lot of energy in the game against Villarreal. The home team tonight will have a big problem for the absence of midfielder Prieto and Martinez. A great handicap for the home team that will surely make it difficult to play against a director without his Granada able to defend well as has happened in the match against Villarreal. In the end I think this is a game with few actions and very balanced scoring. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Villareal - Mallorca 1 (@1.74) 4 points sbo Villareal has not started the season well,and they are not playing their fantastic offensive football, I see 1st time of the match against Granada on saturday, and rhythm is very very low. I think this evening against Mallorca which storically away have bad results Yellow Submarine can win, player like Rossi, Cani, and Neymar can score anytime.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Valencia - Barcelona over 3.5 Barcelona has trashed Osasuna 8-0 which means they are back in business. Of course Valencia is much stronger team than Osasuna but Barcelona is from another planet compared to Barcelona. Barcelona will try to win this game because they are playing against one of the strongest sides in the La Liga and every point might be important. Also it is good to notice that Barcelona is facing BATE away from home and I'm sure that they can get 3 points from there even with the half of the first team so Valencia is probably their first priority now. In last 3 games at home Valencia has scored 8 goals.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Villareal - Mallorca
Selection Villareal -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.85
Reasoning Yellow Submarines start to the season have not been the best. But if you look at the opposition they met its understandable, Barca away, Sevilla home, Bayern Munchen home, I think this have led to both low morale, confidence and difficulty finding a good rythm wich led to them lose away at newcomers Granada, in a game Rossi missed a penalty. Mallorca, have sold important players, among them J. De Guzman to Villareal. Depending on points at home to survive, yet I see them struggle hard this season. Their squad looks pretty lacklustre and Nunnes is still out injured. The islanders have to pretty much throw everything to defend and prey. Perfect game for Villareal to get back on track, with a strong unit, and a lot of offensive weapons that are just dying to pop off, this can be frustration unleashed, at worst a comfortable 2-0 win if Mallorca defend strong and have luck, imo.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Real Sociedad - Granada
Selection R.Sociedad -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.55
Reasoning Sociedad impressed by taking one point at home against mighty Barcelona, and were close to do the same away at Sevilla after that. sitting on 4 points after winning away to Betis in the first round. They have looked very solid, and tight defensively. Going forward with the likes of Griezman, C.Vela and impressive youngster Imanol Agirretxe who scored 3 goals so far. At home they are a very tough side to beat. Granada didnt impress last year in the second division neither, in the awaytable they were only on 11th place with a -10 goal diff. , but they managed to get to playoffs thanks to their home form. Despite picking up 3 points at home v Villareal, im not impressed and consider them relegation favourites. Away at Malaga they lost 4-0 and I dont think they can resist Sociedads attack even tho they miss a couple of players.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Rayo Vallecano vs Levante - Under 2.25 Goals @ 1.875 [bet365] Still provisional, I'll decide either way tomorrow after work, but of the six games the two sides have played between them this season in La Liga, 0/6 have cleared Over 2.5 Goals. Of the last four head-to-heads in recent seasons between the sides, 3/4 have finished Under 2.5 Goals, and indeed Under 2 Goals - last four results between the sides read: 2-1, 0-0, 1-0, 0-0. The one game that did clear 2.5 Goals only went over via a last-minute penalty. With both sides having just gained promotion to the top-flight, I'd expect both teams to try and stay tight at the back and give nothing away to the opposition, as losing to the teams around you will ultimately lead to relegation again. Both teams have started the season reasonably well, and I suspect both teams will try to avoid defeat tomorrow. If anyone thinks otherwise I'd like to hear it, as I'd like to take in all information available to me before taking the bet for definite. As it stands though, with recent league results and recent history between the two teams on my side, I'll probably be looking to take this bet tomorrow, unless someone from here can sway my mind drastically.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Malaga v Athletic Bilbao - Malaga HT/Malaga FT @ 2.50 - B365 Malaga come into this match full of confidence with two wins on the bounce and meet Marcelo Bielsa's side who are in poor form. The Bilbao side seem to be still adjusting to the Bielsa way of playing and Malaga can catch them out tonight. Bilbao lost 10 on the road last season; 7 of which were L/L double results. They lost to the top six teams away last season - all L/L's. I put Malaga in that quality category right now and the odds are juicy enough to have a play. Pellegrini may ring a few players but the quality on the bench is good enough to come in and do a job.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Valencia vs Barcelona Barcelona has been awaken by the 2-2 draws with Milan and Sociedad. They might realized that they are a having a name and some trophies to defend and if they do not take all the games seriously they will fail earning something this season. I have heared many times Guardiola that he will quit when the team will lose its pleasure to play. I am sure no one wants this and I think that every one realized that this will be another tough season when wins are needed. Valencia is trying a reconstruction and it has full success so far. In a match against the perfect team, I cannot bet on the outsiders, as some surprises have been already produced. away -1 AH @ 1.71 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Malaga vs Athletic Bilbao Home side is trying to get into the elite of the Europea football. To do that, they must climb in Spain in top positions. The players they have come are classy, also the coach. So, they need results. Bilbao was poor against a very good Betis side. Playing against Malaga will be tough for them, as here will be a land tough to tame. I believe in a home win. home @ 1.75 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Rayo vs Levante Away side comes with a boosted morale after winning against Real Madrid 1-0 at home. This is a game that they must win now. They got a goalless draw to Santander and to Getafe. Seems that Madrid is a location preferred by Levante, as they get positive results every time they play against these teams. Rayo is having some problems with scoring goals, managed just 2 but are unbeaten. I think Rayo will not win! away +0.5 AH @ 1.81 with Canbet

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September After watching this yesterday http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/liga-bbva/20110920/cristiano-dedica-una-provocativa-peineta-aficion-del-racing/1156021.shtml I'm pretty sure about 2 things: - Cristiano Ronaldo will be wishing to score even more than other times - Red card during the game for sure. Hostile atmosphere, so Racing could be too agressive or Madrid could fight back some foul

Rayo vs Levante Away side comes with a boosted morale after winning against Real Madrid 1-0 at home. This is a game that they must win now. They got a goalless draw to Santander and to Getafe. Seems that Madrid is a location preferred by Levante, as they get positive results every time they play against these teams. Rayo is having some problems with scoring goals, managed just 2 but are unbeaten. I think Levante will not win. away +0.5 AH @ 1.81 with Canbet
I think "Levante" will not win??

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Hi guys today there are great matches in Spain. Valencia- Barcelona I think today Barsa wins at Valencia. Since the beginning of the season Valencia has showed a good offense (Soldado is in great shape) but they tend to get stucked in the midfield and fail to deliver a proper game. The other day agains Genk Valencia should've won but they only managed to get a draw which was an absolute failure. I thought Parejo and Canales (from R.Madrid and Getafe) were going to help a lot the team, but so far Parejo hasn't played enough minutes and Canales still needs some time to settle. The Barcelona after the draw against Real Sociedad proofed the strong team they are against Osasuna and I think they'll do it again today. Except Piqué,Alexis and Iniesta there aren't any other major absences for Barcelona. On the other hand Valencia has an injured, Ricardo Costa (defender) and others due to technical decision (Parejo,Barragán, Feghouli). My pick is Barcelona -1,25 AH @1,99 Pinnacle 5/10 Racing de Santander - Real Madrid All week here in Spain the news have been talking about the other day loss agains Levante. Mourinho just said that Levante's players were great actors and blamed directly Khedira for the 1-0 result after he got the red card. I personally think that he got relaxed after Barcelona's draw and didn't prepare well an apparently easy match against Levante. Today they're playing against a team who hasn't won any match yet (1 draw and 2 losses) and has 5 injuries (Colsa,Torrejón,Kennedy,Arana and Acosta) plus the captain Munitis who is doubful for the match. Mourinho can't afford another loss or draw, he's going to deploy all his arsenal to win this game and I'm pretty confident they'll do it. Real Madrid has still some injuries (Altintop, Sahin, Pepe) and Khedira can't play because of last's week red card. An important detail is that Mourinho is travelling with everyone to Santander even the injured ones, as I think he wants to show a team image and proof the great team they are. For me Real Madrid is going to do today what Barsa did last week against Osasuna, goals and more goals. So my pick for today is Real Madrid -2AH @1,93 Bet365 5/10 Rayo Vallecano Levante Both teams come from a great weekend after winning Getafe and Real Madrid respectively. Vallecano a newly promoted team makes lots of faults and the game is always really messy in the midfield. On the other hand Levante doesn't deploy a great game either but is a better team in my opinion. Rayo Vallecano has 2 absences (Casado and Lass, due to technical decisions). Levante is bringing the same team that won the other day against Real Madrid. I have a few bets in this match but the main one is betting on the number of cards. Clos Gómez the referee likes the cards a lot, and i think today he's going to show plenty. Both teams are very faulty (I don't know if that's the correct word), with Rayo getting 4-5 cards/match and Levante around 3 ( Real Madrid match not considered). Then my second betting line is on the number of goals although now the value is not that good but there is still I think. Both teams have played 3 games each and not a single over. I see here something like a 0-1 / 1-1 kind of thing. So my bets are Over 6.5 cards @1.825 Bet365 2/10 Under 2.5 goals @ 1,7 Betfair 3/10 Good luck everyone! :)

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Atletico Madrid vs Sporting Gijon Courtois - Perea (Silvio), Domínguez, Miranda, Filipe Luis - Tiago (Koke), Arda Turan (M. Suarez), Gabi - Reyes, Falcao, Adrian. Juan Pablo - Damián Suárez, Botía, Gregory, Canella - Rivera, Sergio Álvarez - Nacho Novo, André Castro, De las Cuevas - Barral. Atletico made a great move when they brought Falcao who compensates well absence of Aguero and Forlan. With their coach Manzano team very good play and they have a goal difference 6:0, in the last two winning games. Away game against Barcelona is waiting for them on Saturday. Their only problem is injury of playmaker Diego before tonight's match. On the other hand Gijon recorded all three defeats this season. Bad job in the transfer window coming to expression now. Atletico was winner nine times in 10 previous mutual duels at Vicente Calderon. In the same way will probably be tonight... 1 1.45 @6/10 Malaga vs Athletic Bilbao W. Caballero - J. Gámez, Demichelis, Mathijsen, Eliseu - Toulalan, Duda - Joaquín, J. Baptista, Cazorla - V. Nistelrooy. Iraizoz - Iraola, S. José, Ekiza, D. Marcos - Iturraspe, J. Martínez - Susaeta, Muniain, Gabilondo - F. Llorente. The battle between new-modern and old-traditional, between rich and loyal, the battle of two South American coaches - that's Malaga against Athletic. Home team started season very well, the opposite of the Basques who have a responsibility of playing and European matches. Athletic didn't won in Malaga for the past ten years, and would be difficult to make a good result tonight at crowded La Rosaleda. On one side are Van Nistelrooy, Baptista & Cazorla, on the other are Llorente & Munian. With respect to home team, goals are my first option here. over 2,5 @1.75 5/10 Rayo Vallecano vs Levante Dani - Tito, Arribas, Jordi, Casado - J. Fuego, Movilla - Piti, Michu, Botelho - Tamudo. Munúa - J. Venta, Ballesteros, Nano, Juanfran - X. Torres, Iborra - Valdo, Barkero, Juanlu - Kone. Both teams are suprisingly unbeaten after three rounds. However Levante defeated big Real in the last round. It was a tough game for them, so the question is: if players are physically and mentally completely ready for tonight's match. I'm giving better chances for home team to win... 1dnb @1.50 7/10 Racing Santander vs Real Madrid Toño - Francis, Álvaro, Osmar, Cisma - Tziolis, Adrian - J. Luque, Munitis, O. Serrano - Stuani. Casillas - Ramos, Carvalho, Varane, Marcelo - Alonso, Lass - Cristiano, Özil, Di María - Benzema. Racing has won just one point from three games, but Real don't play perfectly (lost in the last round). Racing will be weakened for four injured starters, and Real will be without Khedira, Pepe and Coentrao - but team quality is clearly on their side. It's enough for victory... 2 @1.20 8/10 Valencia vs Barcelona Guaita - Miguel, Víctor Ruiz, Rami, Jordi Alba - Banega, Albelda - Pablo, Mathieu, Jonas (Piatti) - Soldado. Valdes - Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Abidal - Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas - Pedro, Messi, Villa. derby... no bet for me! GL to all!!!

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Atl. Madrid - Gijon
Selection Atl. Madrid
Strength 10/10
Date 21/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.44
Reasoning After poor start of new season Atletico Madrid come back on the winning way defeating Santander 4-0 at home on Sunday. Falcao start the match as titular for the first time this season and he scored hattrick. It was another good night to Madrid fans after Atletico won on Thursday against Scotish Celtik 2-0 also with Falcao in front of their offense. On the other hand Gijon are going to Madrid after three loss in a row so bad start for this club. Gijon lose last three matches in Madrid 4-0, 3-1, 3-2 so nothing good I can tell about this small team.

Atletico Madrid 4:0 Sporting Gijon Courtois - Perea (Silvio), Domínguez, Miranda, Filipe Luis - Tiago (Koke), Arda Turan (M. Suarez), Gabi - Reyes, Falcao, Adrian. Juan Pablo - Damián Suárez, Botía, Gregory, Canella - Rivera, Sergio Álvarez - Nacho Novo, André Castro, De las Cuevas - Barral. Atletico made a great move when they brought Falcao who compensates well absence of Aguero and Forlan. With their coach Manzano team very good play and they have a goal difference 6:0, in the last two winning games. Away game against Barcelona is waiting for them on Saturday. Their only problem is injury of playmaker Diego before tonight's match. On the other hand Gijon recorded all three defeats this season. Bad job in the transfer window coming to expression now. Atletico was winner nine times in 10 previous mutual duels at Vicente Calderon. In the same way will probably be tonight... 1 1.45 @6/10 Malaga 1:0 Athletic Bilbao W. Caballero - J. Gámez, Demichelis, Mathijsen, Eliseu - Toulalan, Duda - Joaquín, J. Baptista, Cazorla - V. Nistelrooy. Iraizoz - Iraola, S. José, Ekiza, D. Marcos - Iturraspe, J. Martínez - Susaeta, Muniain, Gabilondo - F. Llorente. The battle between new-modern and old-traditional, between rich and loyal, the battle of two South American coaches - that's Malaga against Athletic. Home team started season very well, the opposite of the Basques who have a responsibility of playing and European matches. Athletic didn't won in Malaga for the past ten years, and would be difficult to make a good result tonight at crowded La Rosaleda. On one side are Van Nistelrooy, Baptista & Cazorla, on the other are Llorente & Munian. With respect to home team, goals are my first option here. over 2,5 @1.75 5/10 Rayo Vallecano 1:2 Levante Dani - Tito, Arribas, Jordi, Casado - J. Fuego, Movilla - Piti, Michu, Botelho - Tamudo. Munúa - J. Venta, Ballesteros, Nano, Juanfran - X. Torres, Iborra - Valdo, Barkero, Juanlu - Kone. Both teams are suprisingly unbeaten after three rounds. However Levante defeated big Real in the last round. It was a tough game for them, so the question is: if players are physically and mentally completely ready for tonight's match. I'm giving better chances for home team to win... 1dnb @1.50 7/10 Racing Santander 0:0 Real Madrid Toño - Francis, Álvaro, Osmar, Cisma - Tziolis, Adrian - J. Luque, Munitis, O. Serrano - Stuani. Casillas - Ramos, Carvalho, Varane, Marcelo - Alonso, Lass - Cristiano, Özil, Di María - Benzema. Racing has won just one point from three games, but Real don't play perfectly (lost in the last round). Racing will be weakened for four injured starters, and Real will be without Khedira, Pepe and Coentrao - but team quality is clearly on their side. It's enough for victory... 2 @1.20 8/10
I won't make trips to Primera for a long time... :@

Valencia - Barcelona over 3.5 Barcelona has trashed Osasuna 8-0 which means they are back in business. Of course Valencia is much stronger team than Osasuna but Barcelona is from another planet compared to Barcelona. Barcelona will try to win this game because they are playing against one of the strongest sides in the La Liga and every point might be important. Also it is good to notice that Barcelona is facing BATE away from home and I'm sure that they can get 3 points from there even with the half of the first team so Valencia is probably their first priority now. In last 3 games at home Valencia has scored 8 goals.
:clap Got 30€ thanks for this and City - Blues under 2.5 :cheers

Sociedad -Granada=Xpt (2.20) bet365 Sociedad position 10° points 4 Granada position 15° points 3 Preview: Sociedad: injured: Xabi Prieto (midfielder 3 / 0), Carlos Martinez (defender 2 / 0); Granada: injured: Geijo (striker 1 / 0). Sociedad has a score of w1-d1-l1 goals scored 4 goals against 4, while Granada has a score of w1-d0-l2 goals scored 1 goals against 5. Sociedad after losing their last game 0-1 against Sevilla for playing a good game today, will address the Granada that comes from a good performance and a surprising victory against Villarreal. Fabri Gonzales Granada coach said that most likely will make a small turn-over in this match as his players have spent a lot of energy in the game against Villarreal. The home team tonight will have a big problem for the absence of midfielder Prieto and Martinez. A great handicap for the home team that will surely make it difficult to play against a director without his Granada able to defend well as has happened in the match against Villarreal. In the end I think this is a game with few actions and very balanced scoring. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHHHH :ok

Re: Spain - La Liga - 20-22 September Betis-Zaragoza = 1 (1.62) Totosì Betis position 3° points 9 Zaragoza position 13° points 4 Preview: Betis: injured Nelson (defender 0 / 0), Fabricio (goalkeeper 0 / 0), Momo (midfielder 0 / 0); Suspended: Mario (defender 2 / 0). Zaragoza: injured: Oriol (striker 1 / 0), Ivan Obradovic (defender 0 / 0). Betis has a score-w3-d0-l0 goalsscored 5 goals against 2 while Zaragoza has a score of w1-d1-l1 goals scored 2 goals against 7. Betis with a victory tonight would move to the top of the standings. Betis are a good team with a very solid defense and an effective attack. Zaragoza is a decent team and so far has shown some weaknesses in the defense department and problems in the offensive department. Quote of the sign 1 in decline of many books. :hope:hope:hope