** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

InfectedBoy

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

LOSS - 3pts Somerset to beat Mumbai Indians @ 6/5 [Coral] LOSS - 2pts Fifty in Match? NO @ 13/8 [WillHill] LOSS - 1pt Somerset Top Batsman: R. van der Merwe @ 9/2 [General]
Shocker yesterday, read the game all wrong. Wasn't even any rain to save me either. The less said about that the better. One game left to return a profit for me then and I'm going with yesterdays winners. - 5pts Mumbai Indians to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore @ 5/4 [Ladbrokes] Great price on Mumbai here. Far better than anywhere else. I genuinely think that RCB will come unstuck on this pitch today, somewhere where they are yet to play so far in this tournament. I feel that this match will come down to Mumbai's bowling versus Bangalore's batting and on a slow/low pitch, I think the top 3 may find it tricky. We all know Gayle and Dilshan in particular love the ball coming onto the bat and that's not where theyre going to get here. The average price around other bookies is closer to 2.10, 2.25 at Ladbrokes has to be the play.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 One for the final. Total match wides over 8.5 @5/6 sportingbet Hoping the pressure of a final might result in a few being sprayed down the leg side from both sides, might be some dew in the 2nd innings making it difficult to grip the ball too, also noticed Rayadu isnt the greatest gloveman and anything full sprayed slightly down leg by Malinga for example, could be going all the way for 5 wides.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 You two have beaten me to it. Agree completely. Won't add too much to your write ups really. 4pts Mumbai to beat Bangalore 5/4 Ladbrokes This just looks like a battle between Mumbai's bowlers and Bangalore's batsmen but the surface dictates the bowlers could win. I can't see Gayle and Dilshan being able to play the way they have been and any target that Bangalore would normally achieve can come down 15-20 runs because of Malinga's 4 overs. Mumbai bat strongly and bat an awful way down as we've seen in the tournament so far and they'll be up against a poor bowling attack, Vettori excepted. If this was at Bangalore I'd probably favour them but it isn't and with experience of the conditions Mumbai look a good bet this afternoon. 4pts Over 8.5 wides 5/6 Sportingbet Wongy has correctly covered Malinga and I agree completely but there's also Nannes playing in this match and he seems to have brought Mitchell Johnson's radar to this tournament with him with the amount he's sprayed it around. Dew factor is sure to play a big part in this final in the heat and humidity of Chennai so the ball will be a proverbial bar of soap so I expect wides to be a factor in this final with slower balls not easy to bowl in the conditions too.

Thinking of taking the 5/4 Skybet on total run outs tomorrow. Just because, it's the final so every run will count even if it means giving up a wicket or two at the end of innings, the wicket seems to be skiddy so a lot of 50/50 thinking on whether or not to run, and lastly a lot of lazy runners with these 2 teams which makes me think hopefully we'll see atleast 2 run outs tomorrow. Should be a good finale :ok
Needed 2 run outs and got 3 in the end. Happy days. Forgot to put the line but i guessed the regs knew what it would be anyway. Good work to rest of you guys :clap

WIN - 5pts Mumbai Indians to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore @ 5/4 [Ladbrokes]
Nice earner to finish this one off them with the Mumbai Indians successfully defending that pretty low total. The wides came in too with 14 wides coming in that second innings alone and 3 run outs as well. +6.25 for the final then, cancelling out yesterdays losses and leaving me in small profit for the tournament. Looks like there wasn't a single loser in here for the final. Other Sports is shittin' on the rest. Let's keep it going for the ODI series in India next week :ok

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Great work in the final guys. Lucky that saved a tournament which struggled to really get going for me but I managed to finish it +3.67pts. Well done to all who made a profit on the tournament in what was another profitable cricket thread :clap