** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

InfectedBoy

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

WIN - 4pts Total Sixes: Under 8.5 @ 5/6 [sportingbet] WIN - 2pts Fifty to be Scored in Match?: No @ 7/4 [WillHill]
Pleased with these yesterday. Game panned out exactly how I thought it would resulting in +6.82 for the match. Leaving today's proceedings though. I don't really have any faith in backing RCB in this tournament after their performances so far. Definitely one to watch with interest rather than bet. Good luck to all involved.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Bangalore v Somerset Real value to be had here imo. Somerset are a VERY good team who have been boosted with Craig and Joss coming back back from England duties. If there batting fires we could see the first 200 score in this tourny (assuming they bat first) and no total is unchasable for them, especially on this ground. The perception is Somerset are a bit light in the bowling dept. but I disagree, I think they have genuine wicket takers and more than enough experience to keep teams in check. At odds against I'm more than happy to keep adding to my long Somerset play (been in from 1.68 to current levels (1.74). Should be a high scoring game yet again with the over 6's line worth considering. As ever there is always as risk and in this case the major risk is that Gayle gets away. I'm prepared to take this risk given my view on Somersets attack. AB being out is a big blow to bangalore but Dilshan should be treated with respect.Bangalore have been poor in their first 2 games but they are still dangerous to any team. The toss could play a part, but I dont see Somerset losing this whatever happens with the toss. I will however employ some tactics under certain scenarios based on who wins the toss. Anything can happen with t20 (and I will adjust my strategy to developments) but on the face of it, is a 8/10 for me.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 4pts - RCB v Somerset over 11.5 Sixes @ 1.83 Various Although the over's line has shifted to a point where this isn't a maximum bet, I think we have enough hitters on show to see 12 maximums this afternoon. Dont want to just go over what has already been said about this ground and the previous amount of sixes (so I won't), but if the top order fire for both teams then Gayle and Kieswetter should go along way to covering this bet themselves. Happy to play this line and sit back and watch what should be a good high scoring game - weather permitting :hope

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Closed Somerset position for about 13 ticks pre (1.81). Will re-enter after the toss. Not going to touch the over 6's today, will probably still come in but dont like the line and cant get the price I want.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Just a couple of small bets for me pre-match in case the rain that was due to be around pre-match is lingering. 3pts Bangalore vs Somerset - Over 11.5 6's 5/6 William Hill I've said all I need to about this ground in previous bets but the simple fact is it ain't a lot bigger than a postage stamp and with the ground being at altitude the ball flies further than at any other ground being used for the tournament. We have some real big hitters on show here in the likes of Gayle, Dilshan, Kohli and even Tiwary while Bangalore have also added Johan van der Wath to their squad so he can biff a big ball if he's playing here. Somerset have Kieswetter, Trego, van der Merwe, Hildreth and Buttler all capable of biffing the ball miles and with batting being the stronger suit for both sides I'll take this line to be covered. 3pts R.van der Merwe's Performance Pts - 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Roelof van der Merwe could well have a point to prove in this match as he's up against his IPL side but wasn't picked in their squad for this tournament. As Bangalore are his IPL side, this is his home ground in that competition so he will know conditions very well. In Somerset's 3 matches thus far he has covered this total twice and in the game he didn't cover it he scored 38 against Auckland. What I like about this total is with him batting at number 3 in the batting line up he can cover this target with the bat or with the ball and that makes him look a good thing here. Somerset always need their overseas players to perform and give them the responsibility to do just that and van der Merwe seems to relish that responsibility. I'll take him to cover 40 against his IPL teammates.

4pts - RCB v Somerset over 11.5 Sixes @ 1.83 Various Although the over's line has shifted to a point where this isn't a maximum bet, I think we have enough hitters on show to see 12 maximums this afternoon. Dont want to just go over what has already been said about this ground and the previous amount of sixes (so I won't), but if the top order fire for both teams then Gayle and Kieswetter should go along way to covering this bet themselves. Happy to play this line and sit back and watch what should be a good high scoring game - weather permitting :hope
Well that was nice and easy. :cigar Only in the 17th over of the first innings and already 13 sixes.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Couple of small losses in a row for me. Back to +5.17 now. Not really been able to get anything going since I had that winner voided the other day. Going to leave it alone tomorrow I think. 60% chance of rain all day so I don't really need to get involved. Good luck to those who do.

Couple of small losses in a row for me. Back to +5.17 now. Not really been able to get anything going since I had that winner voided the other day. Going to leave it alone tomorrow I think. 60% chance of rain all day so I don't really need to get involved. Good luck to those who do.
Just on that, I don't think 2.42 on NSW to win Group A is a bad price with Betfair. A wash-out will result in NSW winning the group, and even if it isn't washed out, NSW aren't a bad side, and are capable of beating Chennai. Also, I think the Chennai surface suits NSW much more than Bangalore as they have quite a few slow/medium paced bowlers who can take some pace off the ball and make it difficult to score.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Also, for those of you with Betfair accounts, that 2.42 for NSW to win Group A is essentially for a NSW win with the washout being in your favour. NSW to beat Chennai on Betfair is only 2.28. The only downside I can see is if the first game gets a result in favour of the Cobras and the second game is a washout.

Sport Cricket
Event Chennai Super Kings - New South Wales
Selection New South Wales
Strength 10/10
Date 04/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.20
Reasoning At the moment Cape Cobras are playing with Trinidad and Tobago they are favourit at bookies with 1.20 odds to win so if Cape Cobras win they will eliminate Chennai Super Kings because Cape will have five points in their account the same as Mumbai Indians have the while if Chennai defeat New South they will have four points. On the other hand if New South Wales win this match they will go to semis with no matter of other matches because they will have six points and will win this group A. As I said Cape Cobras for sure will win against T&T at this way they will eliminate Chennai so I think defending champion will be demotivated to win this one. Hussey was not in a good fit in past two Chennai games so I think NSW should be my bet.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 One for this match at HT. 1pt D.Bravo Top Chennai Batsman 8/1 Boylesports Dwayne Bravo has top scored both times he's made it to the crease in this tournament and with Chennai needing 2 a ball to qualify he could be shoved up the order. Even if he isn't the Super Kings will have to go for it from the off so wickets will fall. 8/1 on a guy who is in good form with the willow is a decent price and with plenty of runs to get he'll bat somewhere. Worth a 1pt bet to see how close he goes in the quest for a top scoring hat trick.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Good shouts on NSW totse and Lahrio :clap:clap. No joy with Bravo although he looked like he might've been clicking into gear when he mishit one. I've lost the outright saver too but the main outright bet is suddenly looking good. +2.67 overall now.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 One for the early match. Will wait until I've seen the result of the first game before deciding on anything in the second. 4pts Somerset vs Warriors - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 Stan James This line still looks on the low side and I would probably have had a stronger bet on this were it not a quarter final effectively and had Warriors hit more than 3 6's last time they played on this ground. That wicket was damp though and the conditions heavy after a day of rain so I don't think that was a normal innings really. They hit 9 6's here in the opening match so somewhere in the middle is eminently possible. Somerset hit 6's, most of their batting line up are big hitters even against decent bowlers. Somerset will have faced the likes of Nicky Boje and Johan Botha in county cricket which will help them. The ropes here are small and there's enough hitters on either side to ensure we get the required 11 6's even in a match as important as this one is.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Somerset vs warriors Somerset win 11/10 Ladbrokes Think the value lies with Somerset here, powerful top 3 and solid looking middle order with a decent bowling attack, Warriors bowling is decent but I don't know how good there middle order is, if Somerset can knock the openers over cheaply, especially smuts early on they'd be well set.

Sport Cricket
Event Somerset - Chevrolet Warriors
Selection Warriors
Strength 10/10
Date 05/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.89
Reasoning Well who win today will play in the semis so this will be another tough encounter between these two teams. It is also battle between England and RSA to place a team in the semis as we know Australia and India already have semi finalist. Warriors are going today after two win and one loss so four points to that team if they win they fill face Mumbai Indians in the semis. Warriors defeated South Australia with 50 runs, they also won against Bangalore recording 173 runs in second inning, the loss came against Kolkata so Warriors showed excellent cricket so far. On the other hand Somerset defeated Kolkata twice at T20 Champions League in qualifications also but they failed against Bangalore with 51 runs so I think this team will no be very concentrated today. South Australia also can win this group B if they win today because they have three points but I think Warriors has more quality in their squad. I watched Theron against Bangalore he produced four wickets, he defeated Gayle so early in that games so I think if Prince have a day and Theron is in good fit this should be another Warriors win.

Sport Cricket
Event Royal Challengers Bangalore - South Australia
Selection Royal Challengers Bangalore
Strength 10/10
Date 05/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.72
Reasoning Well after crashing win over Somerset with 50 runs, now Bangalore have good chance if they win today they will qualify to the semi finals because of their good run rate. South Australia are in better position before this game with three points but today they should play in Bangalore against local Royal Challengers who recorded 206 runs in their last match at home. Gayle was amazing recording 86 he produced so many 6s and 4s he played risky and he succeed. I think South Australia bowlers can't stop Gayle. The crowd will be with Gayle he will be concentrated because he know that if they win they are going against NSW in the semis. South Australia failed against Warriors with 51 runs they recoded only 121 I think this will be another poor match of that team.

Sport Cricket
Event Champions League Twenty20 Outrights
Selection New South Wales
Strength 10/10
Date 09/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 3.50
Reasoning Well after yesterday game against Chennai Super Kings played in Chennai when Warner recorded 135 runs not out I think former champion of 2009 have power to win this tournament. Everyone saw what Warner produced, he recorded so many sixes now he lead by sixes and fours also by runs. The most exciting yesterday was that in last 20th over he managed to send one ball over the roof outside of the stadium that was amazing. Of course New South Wales won that game by 46 runs with recorded 201 runs, with three won and one loss they won group A where are also the teams of Mumbai, Trinidad & Tobago finalist in 2009, that was tough group. I think if Warner keep his fit NSW seeks to their second title in three years.

Somerset vs warriors Somerset win 11/10 Ladbrokes Think the value lies with Somerset here, powerful top 3 and solid looking middle order with a decent bowling attack, Warriors bowling is decent but I don't know how good there middle order is, if Somerset can knock the openers over cheaply, especially smuts early on they'd be well set.
Kerr-ching :beer

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Annoyingly one six short there :wall. 2 for the second game. 3pts South Australia to beat Bangalore 11/8 Ladbrokes 4pts Over 11.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power With the Warriors losing by as much as they did this becomes a straight knockout for the final semi final spot. I haven't been convinced by Bangalore in this tournament at all and I think their batting lacks a genuine batsman to it's depth in the absence of AB de Villiers. The only game they've won so far was against Somerset who dropped Gayle early before he went on to destroy them with a 2 a ball 86. I think this match is all about Gayle. If South Australia can get him early it will leave a massive hole in the Bangalore batting and will put the pressure on with them having a leaky bowling attack. South Australia have a strong side with plenty of hitters and clever bowlers. If South Australia get Gayle early this 11/8 will look very big quite quickly but just in case they don't I'll have the saver on the 6's because Gayle will hit balls out of this ground. It isn't just a saver on the 6's, they have every chance anyway with the likes of Dilshan, Kohli, Ferguson, Harris, Klinger and Christian as well as a couple of the lesser lights all able to hit big 6's on a small ground. There were 10 6's in the earlier game and the South Africans completely died under the pressure in the last 10 overs of that match, as South African's do. Neither of these will so I'll take the 6's and I'll take South Australia to send the IPL side out.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 3.34pt loss on the day although I should've had the Redbacks really. Still it serves them right for choosing to bat first on a ground which is impossible to defend and when dew is going to hamper you even more :eyes. -0.67 overall and not really helped by NSW getting Bangalore in the semi finals either :(.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Semi Finals start tomorrow and I'm going in with a couple. - 3pts New South Wales (vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore) @ 11/10 [General] Been umming and ahhing about this bet all day but I've decided to pull the trigger. RCB are a batsman light for me. Lets say something drastic happens early up and RCB are three down after 8-or-so overs. They're pretty much fxcked. De Villiers is a big loss for them and despite them getting to the semi-finals and chasing down 214, I still feel their batting is an issue. NSW on the other hand don't really have any problems. They've only used 12 lplayers in the whole tournament. Theyre team is settled and they have canny bowlers who CAN potentially tie the mighty RCB down in the middle overs. They're also very, very sharp in the field. Watson and Warner have the ability to take the game away from any team and if they get a good start, I reckon they can take it. *prays Katich wins the toss and elects to field first* - 6pts RCB Sixes: Over 6.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes Sixes are a given at this Bangalore ground. I think Ladbrokes have been very generous here in their line setting for each respective team and I expect a lot of runs and a lot of maximums. Let's take Bangalore's recent games on this ground. Yesterdays thriller against the Redbacks saw them hit 15 sixes alone. Game before, Chris Gayle went mad; 14 sixes there. Before that they entertained KKR and hit 9 maximums there. Each time they've played they have COMFORTABLY cleared this total. Not quite sure why Ladbrokes are asking for only seven maximums here but I am getting on quickly. A good day from any of Gayle, Dilshan, Kohli, Tiwary and this is wrapped up quickly. Don't really want to miss out and can't really see the trend changing.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 1st semi Bangalore vs NSW Bangalore win 10/11 This could be a another high scoring game, with the 2 sides with superb openers on both sides, rcb carrying the momentum of the other night and belief of beating an Aussie team from what looked an impossible target will help, as will a full house of fans cheering them on. Gayle, Dilshan and Kohli will have to make big contributions but all are in form, the middle order is young but still decent. NSW have the dangerous warner and watson up top and if they cut loose in the first 6 overs there could be trouble. Will take stan James standout price of 10/11.

LOSS- 3pts New South Wales (vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore) @ 11/10 [General] WIN - 6pts RCB Sixes: Over 6.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes
Katich didn't win the toss unfortunately and once again the chasing side won. Gayle going mad brought the sixes in comfortably though so no sweat there. +2.00 for the match. A side note, for all the talk about the pyrotechnics of Warner and Gayle etc, I really do think Virat Kohli goes slightly undetected. Twice now he's guided RCB home with two fxcking amazing innings. 84 from 49 today and 70 from 36 before. Brilliant player. Nice one Wongy :ok

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Second semi starts soon. Thunderstorms are forecast for later on this evening so conservative stakes are the way to go. - 3pts Somerset to beat Mumbai Indians @ 6/5 [Coral] - 2pts Fifty in Match? NO @ 13/8 [WillHill] Even if there wasn't any rain about I would still be on these bets, especially with it being played at Chennai. The track here is horrible. You may look at the results here and say, yes David Warner did hit a century here but those types of innings don't come around often. This will be a low scoring encounter which will favour the spinners. Somerset with three spinners have to be favoured here especially at odds-against. Mumbai have a stupid amount of injuries and really and truly, without Malinga's mad spell of hitting the other day, they wouldn't be here. Infact, they shouldn't be here. They have no real stability in their top order, their middle order of Symonds and Pollard haven't produced and removing Harbhajan and Malinga, they're bowling is weak. Yes there is the potential of being caught on the wrong side of the D/L ruling tonight. Minor. Somerset for me AND no fifties. - 1pt Somerset Top Batsman: R. van der Merwe @ 9/2 [General] I've never really mastered the art of nailing Top Bat's. They can be a lucrative area though and with the prospect of rain, I'll happily be onside of Roelof here at 9/2. He's in great form. He hit a brisk 32 not too long ago and coupled that with a 23 the otehr day in Bengaluru. His bowling has been impressive too lately and he looks full of confidence. Craig Kieswetter won't go well here either. If this was at Bangalore, I might say Craig would be my selection here as we all know he likes those flat decks where th white cherry zooms onto his bat. Not here. I think he'll depart early which gives RVDM a great chance of snagging this. If Somerset bat second and have their chasing score refined then this bet becomes even tastier. Happy to be on the South African here.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Thinking of taking the 5/4 Skybet on total run outs tomorrow. Just because, it's the final so every run will count even if it means giving up a wicket or two at the end of innings, the wicket seems to be skiddy so a lot of 50/50 thinking on whether or not to run, and lastly a lot of lazy runners with these 2 teams which makes me think hopefully we'll see atleast 2 run outs tomorrow. Should be a good finale :ok