** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

InfectedBoy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

Having watched this first match there's a few lines which I like in the second one. 5pts Chennai vs Cape Cobras - Under 8.5 6's 8/11 Sportingbet Got stung on this market last night but having seen how this wicket is playing I can't believe we're going to get 9 6's in this match. The two matches here on Saturday, which were played on a better wicket than this, never passed this line and we've seen the wicket really slow up in the first game today. Not only is it slow but the ball is staying really low too and there's turn there so coming down the track isn't easy either. It is a bit of a risk with the likes of Morkel, Raina, Kemp and Dhoni playing in this match but both have the bowling attacks to bowl well which we didn't get yesterday when the 6's line was smashed. Spin is going to be very hard to get away on this wicket especially when the spinners are as good as Ashwin, Peterson and Jakati. The seamers are where the scores will be done but Dougie Bollinger and Dale Steyn aren't the easiest to hit for 6's. Shane Watson is as big a hitter as there is in the game right now and he couldn't get anything away so even though there is likely to be some dew around I'll take the same thing to happen in this match and keep the 6's total below 9. 4pts A.Morkel's Performance Pts - Under 35 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This total looks a little bit high to me given how the wicket is playing. It's not going to suit Morkel's big hitting aggressive style of batting and I don't think his seamers will stand up to much here either. The one thing against his bowling is this Cobras side will have faced him a fair bit in domestic cricket and with the wicket playing the way it is I would expect Suresh Raina to bowl 4 overs so there's every chance that Morkel won't bowl 4 overs for the second successive match. If Cobras can giving him catches in the field then with him batting at 6 and potentially not bowling 4 overs I think this total looks beyond him. He only made 32 in Chennai's first game when the wicket suited him a bit more so it's unders for me barring something out of the ordinary here. 3pts Highest Individual Score - Under 55 9/4 Stan James I really do think this will be a low scoring game and in 6 completed innings on this ground, 4 of which were on a better wicket than this one, only one score of over 55 has been posted with Gibbs also getting exactly 55 in the Cobras first match. We've seen in the earlier games that it's not easy for someone to come in after 6-8 overs and score quickly so only the openers are likely to cover this or the batsmen at 3 if an early wicket falls. The opening bowlers on both sides are good enough to keep it tight at the top and then the spinners can really strangle. There's a chance that someone like Hussey could bat through but even his natural game won't be suited to this wicket so at the 9/4 I think the under 55 is well worth a punt. 3pts H.Gibbs (+1.5 runs) to beat M.Vijay 5/6 Ladbrokes Really surprised someone with Herschelle Gibbs' class is getting a 1.5 run head start here especially after he hit 55 in the opening match. I don't see him scoring that well here but I do think he can get a few away to the boundary. Vijay will be facing Dale Steyn first up which is never easy but his natural strokeplaying game will need to be abated on this wicket. I've not seen Vijay play a decent innings since the IPL final so his confidence could well be low unlike Gibbs who is in decent touch and is experienced enough to adjust to the conditions and unlike Vijay, is one of his teams better batsmen. With the head start I'll take Gibbs here.
Missed them all :wall but 3 out of 4 is great work. Loving the 9/4 on below 55... Hope to get on that in the future!

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 RCB Vs KKR Total match 6's - over 8.5 @ 5/6 Sportingbet Getting on this early, other firms have it at 9.5. Both these sides are better batting than bowling and have looked lopsided especially KKR. The M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore isnt big and the ball comes onto the bat nicely. Big hitters on both sides, RCB, Gayle is due a failure but then again could clear this by himself! no AB de Villiers but Dilshan is a great replacement, throw in Saraubh Tiwary and Kohli too, even Kaif managed to blast a couple of maximums in their last game at this ground. KKR have Yusuf Pathan, Kallis, RTD, Shakib all able to potentially smash maximums. Were due a high scoring game after the last couple of days, hopefully it'll be here.:ok

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Much better day for myself and the thread on Wednesday. Great games of creekit as well. +1.17pts overall now with the shambles of Sunday and Monday behind me. 3 for Thursday. 6pts Bangalore vs Kolkata - Over 8.5 6's 5/6 Sportingbet I agree with Wongy here. This line just looks too low to me. Whether it's to do with what we saw at Chennai on Wednesday or if it's because of the low scorer here on Monday I'm not sure but one thing I do know is if it is because of either then I think they've got it wrong. Trinidad & Tobago made just 98 here on Monday but they hit 4 6's in that time which goes to show the hitting potential on this ground. Sure that match went down to the last ball but that wasn't a bad wicket like it looks. It was just irresponsible batting and at times some very accurate bowling. I don't think we'll see bowling like that with these two sides because bowling is their weak links by a long way. Looking at the hitters we've got on show here it's a bit of a who's who of 6 hitting with Gayle, Pathan, Dilshan, ten Doeschate, Kohli and Kallis and even players like Brett Lee and Kaif further down the orders can clear the ropes, especially these ones where the longest boundary on Monday was 74m. Gayle and Pathan can clear those one handed. Weak bowling, strong batting, good wicket and short boundaries. If all goes to plan this will equal 9 6's at the very least. Although the last game was a blowout, there were 17 6's in Bangalore's opening match here so that's enough for a strong bet at this line. 3pts V.Kohli's Performance Pts - 27&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Virat Kohli is in terrific form with the willow right now. He made a very nice century in the final ODI of the England vs India series a couple of weeks ago and he carried on that form with a top scoring 34 off 29 balls in Bangalore's opening match against the Warriors last week. He comes up against a weak Kolkata bowling attack here so I see no reason why his good form will dip in this match. If he doesn't cover this with the bat he took two catches in the opening match and with him being an excellent fielder by Indian standards (admittedly not the best benchmark :lol) and fielding in the key places I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a catch here too. His medium pace seam up's could be called into play at any time too so that's a potential 3rd scoring option but I'm content he's in good enough form to reach 27 with the bat so I'm happy to take the overs here. 1pt ew R.ten Doeschate Top Kolkata Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I'm like a dog with a bone with this one but I am going to get my man :lol. I think the world saw on Tuesday that ten Doeschate is being wasted by this Kolkata line up but with them needing a big win here I don't see that mistake being made again. They sacrificed Shakib in the last match but if they promote someone up the order in this match I fully expect it to be ten Doeschate especially having seen the way he was hitting it at the end of that South Australia match. If he is pushed up the order, against this weak bowling attack, I think he'll pace his innings well enough to give him a major chance of top scoring. There aren't many in this KKR batting line up that are in good form but the Essex all rounder is definitely one of them so I'll take him with the each way terms on offer again in this match.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Half time in today's match. One more for me in the second half. 6pts Kolkata (+15.5 runs) to beat Bangalore 5/6 Sportingbet Kolkata are chasing 170 to win which I personally only think is par. This looks a fantastic wicket, even better than the first game on this ground where 172 wasn't enough for Bangalore. Vettori aside there isn't a lot in this Bangalore bowling attack unless the right Dirk Nannes shows up here. Kolkata have strengthened their batting line up in this match with Brad Haddin coming in for Shakib who has barely been able to get it off the square in the tournament so far. If they use their batting line up right then Sportingbet's revised target for them of 154 is well within the reach of this strong KKR batting line up.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Good shout with the 6's Wongy. Hope we cleaned em up with that. +6.17 for me after Kolkata chased that revised target down easily. One for me initially for Friday although I could be back with more on Friday. 5pts Mumbai vs Cape Cobras - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 Sportingbet Once again on this Bangalore ground this line looks a touch on the low side. In the two what I would call normal matches out of the three on this ground this line has been covered easily and with the depths of the batting line up's of these two sides I see no reason why it won't be here either. Justin Kemp came in at 7 for the Cobras on Wednesday night and there was still Philander and Steyn after him so they have a very long batting line up as do Mumbai who have had Harbhajan and Malinga in at 8 and 9. The top 6's of these two sides are who's who of cricket really. Mumbai have genuine six hitters in Blizzard, Franklin, Symonds and Pollard, the latter two of which mishits will be more than enough to clear the ropes here, and the Cobras have Gibbs, Shah, Duminy, Ontong and Kemp. There's more than enough hitting power to bring this total in. I'm going one point less than Thursday's match purely because the two bowling attacks are a bit better but I fully expect to see 11 6's with the array of quality batsmen we have on show in this match.

Sport Cricket
Event Mumbai Indians - Cape Cobras
Selection Mumbai Indians
Strength 10/10
Date 30/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.80
Reasoning Mumbai Indians lead group A with two win of two games played so far at T20 Champion League. Mumbai defeated last two years champion of Indian Premier League who host the finals team of Chennai Super Kings they also beat qualifier Trinidad & Tobago, so if Mumbai win today they will qualify to semi finals. On the other hand Cape Cobras defeated New South Wales with 16 balls remaining but they lose unhappy against Chennai with just two ball remaining. This should be tough game my favourite Mumbai is playing in his home country they won Indian Premier League three years ago, in opener they showed good cricket against Chennai with so good bowler and batsman as Malinga Mumbai represent good value in my eyes.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 @Totes I seriously don't see much value in backing Mumbai @1.80, They've won both their games so far but against CSK their price reached a hefty 25/1 (26.0) and ironically against Trini they were 1/25 (1.03) at half time but managed to slip to 2.20 at one stage. I see no reason why it can't be another cliffhanger (Remember England in World Cup) and would like to trade (buy lower sell higher) for making a 5,6 pts profit.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Not sure about the total 6s yet, looks tempting but I cant get out my head that Mumbai were involved in the debacle the other night and therefore I should hold fire on it. Definately happy to take Franklin top bat for mumbai ew @ 8's @ coral. Barring Symonds (who is really a dinosaur now) he has the highest average in this team. The price is higher on coral than most other bookies which is unusual given hes a very live EW contender. I thought I would be backing the Cobras in this game, I really liked the look of both SA teams at the start of the tournament but I feel like the bookies have just about caught up with their strength and the game seems priced pretty reasonably. Edit as I was getting on this the Franklin bet it got referred a trader, who offered bout 1/3rd at 8/1 and the rest at 7/1. Time ran out while I was thinking about it and then the price had sunk to 6/1 by the time I submitted it again. Withdrew from Coral after that, if Franklin doesn't get a score I might email them to tell them how they missed out on my money, bookies sometimes astound me with how petrified of any risk they are. Better get looking for something else.

Good shout with the 6's Wongy. Hope we cleaned em up with that. +6.17 for me after Kolkata chased that revised target down easily. One for me initially for Friday although I could be back with more on Friday. 5pts Mumbai vs Cape Cobras - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 Sportingbet Once again on this Bangalore ground this line looks a touch on the low side. In the two what I would call normal matches out of the three on this ground this line has been covered easily and with the depths of the batting line up's of these two sides I see no reason why it won't be here either. Justin Kemp came in at 7 for the Cobras on Wednesday night and there was still Philander and Steyn after him so they have a very long batting line up as do Mumbai who have had Harbhajan and Malinga in at 8 and 9. The top 6's of these two sides are who's who of cricket really. Mumbai have genuine six hitters in Blizzard, Franklin, Symonds and Pollard, the latter two of which mishits will be more than enough to clear the ropes here, and the Cobras have Gibbs, Shah, Duminy, Ontong and Kemp. There's more than enough hitting power to bring this total in. I'm going one point less than Thursday's match purely because the two bowling attacks are a bit better but I fully expect to see 11 6's with the array of quality batsmen we have on show in this match.
Took all of 15 and a half overs :clap

Good shout with the 6's Wongy. Hope we cleaned em up with that. +6.17 for me after Kolkata chased that revised target down easily. One for me initially for Friday although I could be back with more on Friday. 5pts Mumbai vs Cape Cobras - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 Sportingbet Once again on this Bangalore ground this line looks a touch on the low side. In the two what I would call normal matches out of the three on this ground this line has been covered easily and with the depths of the batting line up's of these two sides I see no reason why it won't be here either. Justin Kemp came in at 7 for the Cobras on Wednesday night and there was still Philander and Steyn after him so they have a very long batting line up as do Mumbai who have had Harbhajan and Malinga in at 8 and 9. The top 6's of these two sides are who's who of cricket really. Mumbai have genuine six hitters in Blizzard, Franklin, Symonds and Pollard, the latter two of which mishits will be more than enough to clear the ropes here, and the Cobras have Gibbs, Shah, Duminy, Ontong and Kemp. There's more than enough hitting power to bring this total in. I'm going one point less than Thursday's match purely because the two bowling attacks are a bit better but I fully expect to see 11 6's with the array of quality batsmen we have on show in this match.
Sportingbet have voided this :wall

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 One for the second match for me tomorrow and it's a pretty obvious pick. - Total Sixes: Over 9.5 @ 5/6 [William Hill] Small boundaries at Bangalore. Three and a half matches here so far have produced 50 sixes. Simple maths tells us that this line is way too low for those types of numbers. We all know that KKR can hit when they want to. Haddin looked comfortable last time out at the top of the order and Gambhir found some form. Gambhir really is one of the worlds best batsmen when he bats like that. The Warriors pack some threat too. They have a good slug here at Bangalore when they played RCB last week clearing the ropes 9 times by themselves. Mumbai hit 10 sixes today as you all know and that was only in the first innings. There will be overs at Bangalore alot more than unders so I'm happy to be on at Hills where the line is set at 12.5 elsewhere. Overs for me.

One for the second match for me tomorrow and it's a pretty obvious pick. - Total Sixes: Over 9.5 @ 5/6 [William Hill] Small boundaries at Bangalore. Three and a half matches here so far have produced 50 sixes. Simple maths tells us that this line is way too low for those types of numbers. We all know that KKR can hit when they want to. Haddin looked comfortable last time out at the top of the order and Gambhir found some form. Gambhir really is one of the worlds best batsmen when he bats like that. The Warriors pack some threat too. They have a good slug here at Bangalore when they played RCB last week clearing the ropes 9 times by themselves. Mumbai hit 10 sixes today as you all know and that was only in the first innings. There will be overs at Bangalore alot more than unders so I'm happy to be on at Hills where the line is set at 12.5 elsewhere. Overs for me.
Yep. Cannot really see any reason not to take this. I have taken both overs in the 6s markets tomorrow. I think teams will be watching the last couple of games at Bangalore and even the tamer batsmen will be eyeing up big shots as the success rates seem to be through the roof. Obviously the weather was a slight concern as the pitch may have changed a tad - no hover covers here, just tarps. Of course betting with Hills means any weather around tomorrow cant hurt us and there looks to be a definite chance of rain.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Looks like we've all noticed these 6's lines are low. I've not really taken advantage of them as I'd like to have so far this week. I've had enough of messing around. Attacking them both on Saturday with max bets. The first two max bets of the year for me :cigar. 10pts Somerset vs South Australia - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 William Hill I think this line is really low. If South Australia bat first they could cover this total on their own against this Somerset batting line up. It's only really Shaun Tait that's going to be hard for Somerset to swipe away as well really. If we look at the batsmen that are on show in this one, Kieswetter, Trego, van der Merwe, Hildreth, Buttler and even someone like Kartik down the order can all hit a big ball for Somerset while for the Redbacks there is Michael Klinger, Dan Harris, Callum Ferguson and Dan Christian while even the likes of Cameron Borgas and Tommy Cooper are no slouches in the six hitting ranks. Neither bowling attack is overly scary although South Australia are probably better in that department but on a superb batting wicket and with boundaries that aren't even 70m in some places I see no reason why we won't pick up the required 11 6's here. 10pts Kolkata vs Warriors - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 William Hill I can kind of understand this line but even so it's still way too low. If my maximum bet was 20pts it would be getting used on this bet the line is that generous. These two have both played a match on this ground. Warriors hit 9 6's in their innings here while Kolkata hit 7 6's. When Gautam Gambhir is hitting 4 6's on a ground you can officially mark it down as a small ground. Warriors bowling attack is better than Bangalore's but they are bowling to three genuine 6 hitters in this match in Haddin, Pathan and ten Doeschate. Then there's the likes of Kallis, Gambhir and Tiwary who can clear ropes as can Brett Lee. Warriors have enough hitters in their ranks too and aside from Brett Lee there's no reason why they won't hit 6's against this attack. On a ground where 98 vs 99 had 6 6's on it the other night I just can't not smash into a line like this when although Warriors have a better bowling attack than most it's still more than hittable. We saw in the World Cup just how small this ground is and it's been emphasised already in this tournament. This is definitely a line for a max bet if ever I saw one.

Sport Cricket
Event Kolkata Knight Riders - Warriors
Selection Warriors
Strength 10/10
Date 01/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.19
Reasoning Although Kolkata won won by 9 wickets with 15 balls remaining against Bangalore recording 171/1, I don't think they are in better position today to take this one. Knight Riders are sitting in the bottom of group B after they failed against Somerset and South Australia this will be their last game if they win will be still alive for the semis and will have mathematical chance to overcome this group. On the other hand Warrios captain said they are not here only to go out of group. Warrios is going today after two win and game in a hand versus Somerset, so they will be calm and sure will use better the opportunities which they will have. Warriors won by 50 runs against South Australia while Kolkata lose the game with them so Warrios seems to be good bet here as underdog.

VOID - Total Sixes: Over 9.5 @ 5/6 [William Hill]
Got away with that one I think. Five sixes were still needed when the rain came, would've been a bit tight. Onto tomorrow though and one for the opener: - 4pts Total Sixes: Under 8.5 @ 5/6 [sportingbet] - 2pts Fifty to be Scored in Match?: No @ 7/4 [WillHill] I think we're going to see a low-scoring encounter tomorrow at the Chidambaram. It's a horrible, slow, and tricky track in Chennai, not conclusive to high scores or large numbers of sixes. Neither sides batting line-ups in this tournament have looked in great nick so far in this tournament and I don't think that's set to continue any time soon. I think Mumbai have enough to win this game, especially with their bowling. Malinga, Harbhajan, Pollard and company will be hard to get away. They've only conceded seven sixes in their two matches so far with four of those coming at Bangalore where a man with one arm can probably hit a six. NSW have actually only conceded four in their two games too. You may look at the stakes and think with all the above mentioned, why are the stakes so conservative? Admittedly there is plenty of scope for a bomb here with Rayudu, Pollard, Warner, Watson and the impressive Kanwar all expected to line up tomorrow. Still though, I think low-scores will be the order of the day. I often see Kevshat take the "Under 55" market in the Highest Individiual Score at nice odds over at StanJames. I think Unders is the way to go here too tomorrow, however that is only at 5/4. I went with the Higher odds at Hills with the 5-run swing. Let's see if that market will be good to me tomorrow. Unders all the way.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Agree with all of that mate. Threat of rain around again which puts me off getting involved though especially as I'm on NSW outright. Think I'm going to watch the first match and look to take the second match apart once I've seen how conditions are playing. Good luck with those two Tyler :ok.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 MI V's NSW Trading the early market on MI, expect to see the price continue to firm as we approach 1130. However poor MI have been they have always managed to find a way to win (be it very fortunate at times) and they semi-clicked last time out. NSW have been equally as poor and I cant see past a MI win here. I wont commit however until I see how certain things develop (T20 can be too unpredictable at times) but difficult to find any sort of case for NSW wining this (except perhaps MI throwing away the game or NSW top order firing). I have taken 1.5 units on the

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 MI just giving this away (27-4). Closed pre-match trading for .5 until loss, covered a % of the unders 6 line, will let teh rest run. Looking to take long positions in NSW at around 1.5ish for a max exposure of 5000.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Jumped on under 32.5 boundaries in the 2nd game at willhills @ 1.83 and I think the line has already fallen to 31.5. It looks relatively hard to find the boundaries and the pitch looks a bit hard to get to grips with, one minute its slow, one minute its quick, then low, then it moves. Think there might be a little bit too much in the wicket for TnT to handle, and CSK know it well.

Been completely ignorant with cricket' date=' but following your conversations can you explain me why is the line so low in over 6s in T&T game? In sportingbet over 6.5 @ 2.50[/quote'] If it's being played at the same ground as the Mumbai NSW game it'll be because there hasn't been a single 6 hit yet (to the best of my knowledge) and that's with the likes of pollard,warner and Watson!

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Not often impressed with smith but hes done a decent job bringing them home (85-5). Now the dust has settled was a good session for me. I somehow have the feelign game 2 wont be as so low scoring. T&T are pretty poor but there are a few scenarios I am thinking about that could be profitable. Will sit on the fence for now and see what develops.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 3 for me in the late game. 4pts Over 8.5 wides 5/6 Sportingbet With the humid and hot conditions in Chennai the ball can get a bit slippy which coupled with the dew makes for a potential of wides. The tw night matches in Chennai in this tournament so far have seen 12 and 15 wides and I expect similar in this match. Both sides have a mixture of left and right handers which can mess up the bowlers lines which is another bonus for wides but conditions dictate for a few wides in this match. 3pts Highest Individual Score - 25-49 6/4 Blue Square Relatively self explanatory this one. This isn't the easiest wicket to bat on and everyone has found scoring on it a bit difficult. Both sides have decent bowling attacks and the right sort of bowlers to take advantage of the slow conditions. I don't think this will be a high scoring match so I'm quite happy to take this line with the danger obviously being that the wicket completely goes and nobody makes it to 25. That's a small risk though so I'm happy the highest individual score will fall inside this total. 1pt Most 6's - Tie 11/2 Blue Square We only saw one six in the first match of the day and so I don't expect 6's to be a regular thing here. With sixes on the low side it's perfectly possible the two sides cancel each other out in that department. You couldn't completely rule out a 0-0 but however many are hit there's no reason why it can't be a tie be it 0-0, 1-1 or 2-2. 11/2 looks a decent price with the potential lack of 6's around in this match so I'll have a small punt on that here.