** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

InfectedBoy

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 RCB vs Warriors Bangalore has lost 3 Tournament openers at home previously but Chris Gayle was not a part of their squad at any of those occasions.. If Warriors have to repeat history, they must execute their plans against him to the perfection.. It can be a good idea to back RCB @ 1.60 and then lay them after some Gayle fireworks in first 6 overs...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 One for me this afternoon. 4pts J.Botha's Performance Pts - 30&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I think this line looks quite low for the Warriors captain. He's one of the better spinners in limited overs cricket and as we saw in the IPL and in his stint with Northants in county cricket, he's a more than useful batsman too. Being captain I don't think he'll be too far from the bat in the field so there are 3 genuine scoring options for Johan Botha. We've seen in the qualifying section that caught and bowled's are perfectly possible and one of those sees this bet in but I think he has the potential to cover with bat or ball or an average combination of both. The line looks a bit on the low side to me so I'll take the overs here.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 +2 for me overall now with the Leicestershire losses gone. I'll take that after that Auckland shambles the other night. 2 for me on Saturday. Not around during the day so I'll take these now. 4pts New South Wales vs Cape Cobras - Under 10.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Taking a bit of a risk going against the likes of Shane Watson, Dave Warner and Justin Kemp but I don't think the Chennai wicket is playing like we've known it to do during the IPL's. Usually the wicket at the MA Chidambaram is a good one for batting but in the World Cup it was very low and slow and in a warm up match NSW played here earlier in the week that's how Simon Katich described the wicket. Both sides have good bowling attacks anyway so the line could naturally look a little high. In all the IPL matches on this ground it was only covered 4 times and two of those were when Chris Gayle and Murali Vijay went bonkers. If we factor in that the sides come in here a little rusty in the main and with bowlers the calibre of Steyn, Watson, Clark and Langeveldt and then spinners in Hauritz, O'Keefe, Smith and Peterson I think the ball can dominate the bat enough for this line to be just a smidgeon too high. 4pts Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians - Under 10.5 6's 5/6 Skybet And the same bet in the second match. Admittedly there's a lot of hitters in the line up's of these two sides but low and slow wickets just don't suit big hitting. Yes there's Vijay, Dhoni, Raina, Morkel, Pollard and Symonds but there's also Malinga, Bollinger, Ashwin and Harbhajan so again I don't necessarily see the bat dominating the ball especially if the wicket is a bit sluggish which it could very well be as this is the second match on the wicket in the one day. The dew factor could have a bit of an influence but we saw in enough World Cup matches that this is not an easy ground to hit through the line on and with that in mind I will take the unders in the 6's count in the second match of the day.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Was tempted by Cape Cobras last night but decided against it. Have noticed Stuart Clarke and Hughes arent playing for NSW and I think this makes a good bit of difference to their team. There is a lot of pressure on Warner and Watson here because the batting looks weak to me. Going to try and get on Cobras at a good time, hopefully NSW will have a good final 2 powerplay overs without a wicket and the price will jump up.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 +8.67pts now after those two 6's lines were never threatened. 2 for me in Sunday's opener. 4pts South Australia to beat Warriors 10/11 Ladbrokes Warriors won their first game against Bangalore but even though they won and chased down a fair total I wasn't overly impressed with them. They were fortunate in that you can't really defend in Bangalore but here in Hyderabad you can. South Australia are a decent T20 side. We saw that in this tournament last season and I expect to see it again this season. Having no Kieron Pollard isn't overly helpful but he missed large parts of the Big Bash so it's not drastic. In Harris, Klinger and Ferguson they have a solid core to their batting while Shaun Tait is the destroyer with the ball. Adil Rashid and Nathan Lyon are good spinners and Aaron O'Brien can also provide some spin on wickets which we saw turn in the qualifying phase of the competition. Warriors have a solid bowling attack but there isn't a huge depth to their batting and a couple of their players looked out of touch and their depth in the first game. Mark Boucher batting at 5 can't be a good thing. South Australia are the better balanced side and I think they win this. 4pts J.Botha's Performance Pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Although I think South Australia will have too much for the Warriors I still believe the Warriors skipper can complete a 2nd performance target for me in two matches. He made up a total of 72 in the opening match for the Warriors and on a wicket which will turn a lot more here I'm expecting much more from him with the ball especially against an Australian side with the Australian's traditions of not playing spin too well. Botha still has the chance of scoring points with catches and the way he was timing the ball in the first match a few runs aren't beyond him either. This line just looks too low on a wicket which will probably suit him more than the one in Bangalore so I'll hit the overs again.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Gonna take Mumbai most sixes @ 2, I feel like this Trinidad team isn't a typical West Indian side. The top 3 know all the pressure is on them and are therefore, at times, reluctant to play the big shot (this was evident with Bravo in the qualifying, more than capable of clearing the ropes straight but rarely tried it). I think Bravo in particular is aware that they aren't blessed with batting behind him in the lineup. I think if they bat first they will try and settle into it and then there won't be much opportunity for 6s as Harbi will bowl the middle overs and then Malinga will save at least 2 for the end when the slog should be on. If Mumbai bat first they have 6 hitting power through the lineup and it doesn't really matter who gets a score, they will hit some big ones.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 2 for me in today's match. 5pts Mumbai vs T&T - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Quite content that we will see 6's in this Bangalore clash. Mumbai have plenty of hitters in their team but T&T aren't short of hitters and their Caribbean flamboyance always makes them likely to contribute to a 6's total. The likes of Barath, Simmons, Bravo and then Ganga and Mohammed down the order can all hit a long ball while Mumbai's line up is littered with big hitters. Mumbai's bowling attack can be tricky to get away at times but the boundaries in this Bangalore ground are so small that I'm prepared to take this despite that. There were 17 6's on this ground when Bangalore played Warriors in the tournament opener and while we may not see 17 here I do believe we will see double figures once again. 4pts K.Pollard's Performance Pts - 36&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kieron Pollard is playing against his own team here so he'll know all the bowlers he's facing and all the batsmen he'll bowl to. He scored 42 points in Chennai the other night on a wicket which will never suit him. The added pace and bounce of this Bangalore track is much more to his liking though. He can mishit the ball for 6 on these boundaries and his bowling should have a greater impact as well, especially if he bowls at or near the death. He is always a candidate for catches in the field too as he's such an amazing athlete so putting the 3 scoring methods together I think the big Trinidadian will cover a 36pt target.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 The last two days have been shambles for me. Was looking fine for both bets in that Mumbai/T&T match at various stages and then a T&T collapse kills one and a rush of blood for no real reason from Pollard kills the other. Back to -8.33 overall now. 3pts South Australia to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 6/4 Blue Square South Australia looked pretty rotten in their first match but I'm prepared to give them that game considering they hadn't played since earlier in the year. Hopefully they got all the rust out of their system and if they have I give them every chance here because I think the Knight Riders have been awful so far. It's only down to a last 2 over collapse from Auckland that they are even in this event but only after the last ball did they look like winning that match and they haven't looked like winning the two matches since. Their batting line up looks a bit lop sided. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned they should us RTD a lot better and I fully agree but it's with the ball I have issues over this lot. Take Brett Lee out and there's nothing really there which is a concern. South Australia's batsmen never got going against a pretty good Warriors bowling attack in their first match but this attack isn't as good so I expect them to prosper against it. As long as the Redbacks keep Yusuf Pathan under control I think they'll win this. It's must win for both sides but I believe the Aussies will claim victory in this one. 4pts Under 9.5 6's 8/11 Stan James This line just looks a smidgeon high to me. Only twice in the tournament has this line been covered on this ground and there have been 8 previous matches on the ground. The two which covered were the Ruhuna vs Leicestershire match where Leicestershire took unusual risks because they needed a big win to bump their run rate up and the Kolkata vs Somerset version two where Yusuf Pathan hit 4 6's in 4 balls which is an occurance which won't happen every day. That was off a part time spinner too and a weakish attack overall anyway. certainly weaker than this Redbacks attack. The other six matches have all been under this total despite some big hitting teams on show. Jacques Kallis and Gautam Gambhir if he gets in will take some overs out for Kolkata while someone like Callum Ferguson will take overs out of the game for South Australia. Both sides have wicket takers in their ranks so this just looks a high line to me. 1pt ew R.ten Doeschate Top Kolkata Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Ryan ten Doeschate already has one top scoring effort against a side who he has played against before and this is an opportunity for exactly the same again with him having played against, and top scored against South Australia in his time with Tasmania in the Big Bash. Somerset lacked the penetration in their attack to get RTD in during the last match but that's one thing I don't see being a problem with the Redbacks attack with the likes of Tait able to shoot batsmen out early and a few spinners to bamboozle a couple more out. Ten Doeschate is an excellent finisher and if all goes to plan he'll see some overs before Tait comes back at the death. He looks a fair price to me in a batting line up which is far from firing on all cylinders.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

4pts Under 9.5 6's 8/11 Stan James This line just looks a smidgeon high to me. Only twice in the tournament has this line been covered on this ground and there have been 8 previous matches on the ground. The two which covered were the Ruhuna vs Leicestershire match where Leicestershire took unusual risks because they needed a big win to bump their run rate up and the Kolkata vs Somerset version two where Yusuf Pathan hit 4 6's in 4 balls which is an occurance which won't happen every day. That was off a part time spinner too and a weakish attack overall anyway. certainly weaker than this Redbacks attack. The other six matches have all been under this total despite some big hitting teams on show. Jacques Kallis and Gautam Gambhir if he gets in will take some overs out for Kolkata while someone like Callum Ferguson will take overs out of the game for South Australia. Both sides have wicket takers in their ranks so this just looks a high line to me.
I've been very quiet as of late but saw this line and though it was definitely too high. Happy to take this at the lower price of 1.72 as I definitely don't think we'll see 10 sixes. Unders will come in alot more than overs will so happy to follow with a high stake of 6pts.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Kkr vs nsw Dan Christian, player performance pts 34& over. 5/6 bet365 Decent all-rounder on his day, picked up a couple of wickets in the opening game and got some runs but is yet to fully explode with the bat, being a Deccan charger, will be used to conditions/ground etc. Looks low enough line for me to get involved. :)

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 wtf?! ^^ :lol:lol Dan Christian went mental and cleared the line, for s.australia not nsw as i put earlier,:lol. Great call on the outright win Kev, unlucky with the 6's guys and why the fcuk is RTD batting at no7?! Kolkata deserve what they get, Push RTD to open instead of Bisla surely?:eyes

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 NSW Vs TT NSW Wales win 8/13 sportingbet. I know theprice wont be everyones cup of tea,fancy the aussies to batter T&T, like S.Aus they should improve after their opening game, i appreciate T&T rallied vs Mumbai and almost pulled off miracle victory however NSW have an explosive batting line up and could take the T&T bowlers to the cleaners.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Good shout with Christian, Wongy. Good luck with NSW mate :ok. Can't really find anything I like in the first game on Wednesday. Am already on NSW outright so don't need to push the boat out with them. Everything else looks well priced up for once so I'll leave the first game but will watch some of it to get a feel of conditions and then come back with any bets for the 2nd game.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 I think I am being priced in here. I think batting first could be a positive and the TnT price seems to have climbed a bit since the toss. I also just feel this NSW batting is a bit light once you get past Warner and Watson (who could obviously win this game by themselves). need to catch TnT on a good day but I dont feel they should be 6/4+ vs this side.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Having watched this first match there's a few lines which I like in the second one. 5pts Chennai vs Cape Cobras - Under 8.5 6's 8/11 Sportingbet Got stung on this market last night but having seen how this wicket is playing I can't believe we're going to get 9 6's in this match. The two matches here on Saturday, which were played on a better wicket than this, never passed this line and we've seen the wicket really slow up in the first game today. Not only is it slow but the ball is staying really low too and there's turn there so coming down the track isn't easy either. It is a bit of a risk with the likes of Morkel, Raina, Kemp and Dhoni playing in this match but both have the bowling attacks to bowl well which we didn't get yesterday when the 6's line was smashed. Spin is going to be very hard to get away on this wicket especially when the spinners are as good as Ashwin, Peterson and Jakati. The seamers are where the scores will be done but Dougie Bollinger and Dale Steyn aren't the easiest to hit for 6's. Shane Watson is as big a hitter as there is in the game right now and he couldn't get anything away so even though there is likely to be some dew around I'll take the same thing to happen in this match and keep the 6's total below 9. 4pts A.Morkel's Performance Pts - Under 35 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This total looks a little bit high to me given how the wicket is playing. It's not going to suit Morkel's big hitting aggressive style of batting and I don't think his seamers will stand up to much here either. The one thing against his bowling is this Cobras side will have faced him a fair bit in domestic cricket and with the wicket playing the way it is I would expect Suresh Raina to bowl 4 overs so there's every chance that Morkel won't bowl 4 overs for the second successive match. If Cobras can giving him catches in the field then with him batting at 6 and potentially not bowling 4 overs I think this total looks beyond him. He only made 32 in Chennai's first game when the wicket suited him a bit more so it's unders for me barring something out of the ordinary here. 3pts Highest Individual Score - Under 55 9/4 Stan James I really do think this will be a low scoring game and in 6 completed innings on this ground, 4 of which were on a better wicket than this one, only one score of over 55 has been posted with Gibbs also getting exactly 55 in the Cobras first match. We've seen in the earlier games that it's not easy for someone to come in after 6-8 overs and score quickly so only the openers are likely to cover this or the batsmen at 3 if an early wicket falls. The opening bowlers on both sides are good enough to keep it tight at the top and then the spinners can really strangle. There's a chance that someone like Hussey could bat through but even his natural game won't be suited to this wicket so at the 9/4 I think the under 55 is well worth a punt. 3pts H.Gibbs (+1.5 runs) to beat M.Vijay 5/6 Ladbrokes Really surprised someone with Herschelle Gibbs' class is getting a 1.5 run head start here especially after he hit 55 in the opening match. I don't see him scoring that well here but I do think he can get a few away to the boundary. Vijay will be facing Dale Steyn first up which is never easy but his natural strokeplaying game will need to be abated on this wicket. I've not seen Vijay play a decent innings since the IPL final so his confidence could well be low unlike Gibbs who is in decent touch and is experienced enough to adjust to the conditions and unlike Vijay, is one of his teams better batsmen. With the head start I'll take Gibbs here.