** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

InfectedBoy

After a humiliating defeat from England we now return home for some T-20 action. Last years winners Chennai Superkings will try to defend its title from some of the very best T-20 sides of the world. I have been quietly profiting from the picks of the others and I thought its about time that I got involved with the community. Hoping this thread will yield some profit for all of us.:hope Fixures:- Qualifiers: Mon Sep 19 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Qualifying Pool A - Ruhuna v Trinidad & Tobago Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad 23 - 27° C Mon Sep 19 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Qualifying Pool B - Auckland v Kolkata Knight Riders Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad 23 - 27° C Tue Sep 20 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Qualifying Pool A - Leicestershire v Trinidad & Tobago Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad 23 - 29° C Tue Sep 20 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Qualifying Pool B - Auckland v Somerset Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad 23 - 29° C Wed Sep 21 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Qualifying Pool A - Leicestershire v Ruhuna Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad 23 - 28° C Wed Sep 21 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Qualifying Pool B - Kolkata Knight Riders v Somerset Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad 23 - 28° C Group Matches: Fri Sep 23 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Warriors M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore 17 - 27° C Sat Sep 24 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Group A - Cape Cobras v New South Wales MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Sat Sep 24 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Mumbai Indians MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Sun Sep 25 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Group B - Warriors v South Australia Eden Gardens, Kolkata N/A Sun Sep 25 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group B - TBC v TBC Eden Gardens, Kolkata N/A Mon Sep 26 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group A - Mumbai Indians v TBC M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore N/A Tue Sep 27 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group B - TBC v South Australia Eden Gardens, Kolkata N/A Wed Sep 28 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Group A - New South Wales v TBC MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Wed Sep 28 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Cape Cobras MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Thu Sep 29 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group B - TBC v Royal Challengers Bangalore Eden Gardens, Kolkata N/A Fri Sep 30 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group A - Mumbai Indians v Cape Cobras M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore N/A Sat Oct 1 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Group B - South Australia v TBC M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore N/A Sat Oct 1 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group B - TBC v Warriors M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore N/A Sun Oct 2 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Group A - Mumbai Indians v New South Wales MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Sun Oct 2 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group A - Chennai Super Kings v TBC MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Mon Oct 3 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v TBC M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore N/A Tue Oct 4 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Group A - Cape Cobras v TBC MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Tue Oct 4 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group A - Chennai Super Kings v New South Wales MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Wed Oct 5 10:30 GMT | 16:00 local 16:00 IST Group B - Warriors v TBC M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore N/A Wed Oct 5 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v South Australia M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore N/A Semi-finals and Final: Fri Oct 7 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST 1st Semi-Final - TBC v TBC (1st Group B v 2nd Group A) M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore N/A Sat Oct 8 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST 2nd Semi-Final - TBC v TBC (1st Group A v 2nd Group B) MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A Sun Oct 9 14:30 GMT | 20:00 local 20:00 IST Final - TBC v TBC MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai N/A

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 One pick for me from the opening day. 5pts Trinidad & Tobago to defeat Ruhuna Rhinos @ 1.80 Bet365 Trinidad & Tobago had a undefeated run in their domestic T-20 campaign and that was mostly due to their strong bowling attack. The largest total that any team managed against them was 136. In Ravi Rampaul they have a cunning fast bowler but their strength is their spin attack of three good spinners in Ganga, Badri and Narine. With the likes of Barath, Simmons and Darren Bravo they have quality batsman who can compile a good score against any attack. On the other hand Ruhuna's bowling has been weakened by the omissions of Suraj Randiv(Opted to play for Chennai Superkings) and Welgedara(On International Duty). Track in Hyderabad is likely to assist the spinners so Trinidad & Tobago have a strong chance in this opening fixture.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 3 outrights for me. 2 proper ones and a saver. 2pts ew New South Wales to win Champions League T20 6/1 Totesport (1/2 1,2) New South Wales won this competition the last time it was held in India. That was the only time it's been held in India so they could say they are the defending champions in a way, especially as they never qualified for the tournament last year after a horror show in the Big Bash last year. They could only come 2nd in the Big Bash this year but the likes of Watson, Smith and Hughes all missed games as did David Warner. They are all big players for the Blues and I believe their inclusion will see them a better proposition than the winners of the Big Bash, South Australia. With Watson back NSW have a huge hitter of a ball and a reliable bowler of 4 overs while the likes of Warner, Katich, Smith and Rohrer all provide solid batting potential. NSW are without Lee and Bollinger who will be with their IPL franchises but Stuart Clark and Josh Hazlewood have international experience while Australia's forgotten man Nathan Hauritz could be useful as can Steve O'Keefe who can biff it as well as bowl tidy left arm spin. We saw 2 years ago that they know how to go course and distance here and that knowledge could be invaluable. With the Indian sides or the Indian players in those sides taking a mental and physical battering over the last 2 months I want to look at the foreign sides for potential winners and NSW are the ones I fancy most. 1pt ew Leicestershire to win Champions League T20 25/1 Totesport (1/2 1,2) Leicestershire almost have to be backed in every T20 tournament they play because they have their plans which work through time and they perform their roles to a man in this format. Although they were 40/1 to win their domestic competition it was no surprise to me that they did so because they are a side who studied the competition in the early days and have put all their efforts into it since. What I like about them here is they have all their squad available so Andrew McDonald can play his influential role and Abdul Razzaq can create his carnage while Claude Henderson's wily spin can be relied upon as can Harry Gurney's new ball assault. Of course the icing on the cake would be if Paul Nixon was to go out with a Champions League win too but this is a side comfortable in this format who are used to winning T20 matches and although they have to qualify for the main event, I'm confident they will and when they get there I wouldn't be surprised at all if they go deep in this event. 1.5pts Chennai Super Kings to win Champions League T20 9/2 Ladbrokes I don't want to take an Indian side outright but I've decided to cover on the Chennai Super Kings because they have the potential to tear this competition apart again. They've won the last two IPL's and they are the defending champions of this competition so they merit respect even if the likes of Raina and Dhoni could be suffering from mental and physical fatigue. That could well be the only danger for the Super Kings because squad wise they definitely have the personnel to win this tournament with the bat and the ball. They will also have home advantage should they get into the playoffs which could make a difference as well so although I think the Indian players could struggle so soon after the England tour this lot do worry me enough to force me into a saver.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Just the one for me in the first match tomorrow. Will come back before the second game with bet(s) for that as I'm waiting for a couple of lines to go up. I'm with IB here. 4pts Trinidad & Tobago to beat Rahuna 4/5 Sportingbet Rahuna, the Sri Lanka champions, come into this qualifying series very much weakened in the bowling attack with Welegedera and Eranga with Sri Lanka and Randiv having chosen to play for his IPL franchise. I worry about their batting too because aside from Chandimal there isn't anyone of any note if we don't dress it up and admit that Jayasuriya is way past his best. Sri Lankan teams generally don't bat long both domestically and internationally. Trinidad & Tobago don't have any of that to worry about. They'll be without Kieron Pollard and Dwayne Bravo but they were without them for their domestic competition and still won it coming past Hampshire in the final. In Daren Ganga they have one of the game's best thinkers leading them while a top 4 of Perkins, Barath, Bravo and Simmons is up there with the best top 4's in the tournament. Rampaul is a good leader of the attack which can go in with a lot of spin. We saw two years ago just how good the Caribbean side are when they came 2nd in this event and I think they can get their quest to qualify for the main tournament off to a winning start in this match.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Been umming and aahing about this second match and whether to take Auckland or not but with T&T finally getting their arses in gear I will take it. 3 for me in total. 3pts Auckland Aces to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 2/1 Bet365 2/1 is a big price on any side in this format but I genuinely believe the Aces have a chance in this match. They came through their domestic competition - the HRV Cup - as champions and in it they won a match by 1 run and another by 2 runs so they know how to get the job done and don't panic. For much of that tournament they were without their star batsman Martin Guptill as well as he was playing for New Zealand. They have some other key batsmen in Aussie Rob Quiney who has showcased his big hitting talents in the IPL while James Adams and Lou Vincent have just finished county seasons so will be match sharp. Their bowling attack in Kyle Mills, Andre Adams, Daryl Tuffey and Chris Martin could be the New Zealand bowling attack in matches so their attack is fine. Kolkata come into this match with a few key absentees not lead their captain Gautam Gambhir who picked up multiple injuries in England over the last couple of months or so. Jacques Kallis will skipper the side in Gambhir's absence but he'll have to do without Eoin Morgan who is out with injury and Brad Haddin who is playing for Australia out in Sri Lanka. The likes of Ryan ten Doeschate, Shakib-al-Hasan and Brett Lee are all available while Yusuf Pathan could be the key man. However if Auckland can get past Brett Lee's spell there's nothing devastating about this Kolkata bowling attack which should give them confidence. I think this will be a lot closer than the odds suggest so I'll have a poke at Auckland here. 4pts Over 7.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Having watched the earlier match I think this line is a little on the low side. The boundaries don't look overly big, they rarely are at the Rajiv Gandhi Stadium and the wicket, as it always does, is playing very well. This is the ground which T&T lit up the first CL on two years ago and it wouldn't surprise me if we see well into the double figures in terms of 6's. There's not a lot in either attack to worry about, Brett Lee aside, and there's some decent hitters of a cricket ball on show in the likes of Pathan, ten Doeschate, Shakib, Bisla, Guptill, Vincent and even the likes of Lee and Andre Adams down the respective orders. Wicket looks good, boundaries are pretty short and the batting line up's are strong. That should equate to 8 6's to me. 1pt ew R.ten Doeschate Top Kolkata Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) It's difficult to know exactly where ten Doeschate will bat in this Kolkata line up but the one thing we do know is he's the only one in it who has been playing regular cricket of late and that should give him some sort of advantage. We've just seen Darren Bravo top scoring for T&T and he came into this event off the back of playing regular cricket unlike his team mates and that's the case with ten Doeschate too as he's been playing a county season with Essex. We all know what ten Doeschate can do when he gets going and we saw it out in India in the World Cup. I think he'll be disappointed with his IPL season so he may well be out to prove a point here and at 13/2 I think he's a good each way bet in a batting line up which is missing two king pins in Gambhir and Morgan.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Unlucky Kev. Followed you on Auckland and I think they were a little bit naive in the middle overs. Onto tomorrow. I have already taken Auckland at evens with boyles vs Somerset. Somerset are missing a huge chunk of their batting in Buttler, Tresco and Keiswetter and Aucklands attack impressed me today. I am not going to touch a bet that involves scoring runs (6s, boundaries) because that pitch was a nightmare and I heard them mention that there was another wicket with different soil on the commentary ?! Feel like Leicestershire probably have the mental beating of TnT but they do have a pretty talented lineup, quite an even match up.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Nice win on T&T to start the tournament. Although it got too close for my liking. Tough luck Kev with the Auckland bet. They were in the game right till the very last ball, just couldn't finish it off. Solitary victory in the T&T match gives me +4 points to start off.

One early bet for tomorrow's game. 4pts Leicestershire to defeat Trinidad & Tobago @ 2.00 Bet365 Although T&T gave me a nice victory to start off still I am not convinced by their performance. I expected them to win more comfortably but that clearly was not that case. Their top order seemed to be struggling against the slow bowlers. Even though Bravo was there till the end he never got going. It was clearly evident that they were missing their power players Pollard and Dwayne Bravo. Leicestershire on the other hand are a well balanced side and they don't mind to start as underdogs. We all witnessed what they did in the Friends Life T-20. They have a knack of pulling out victories out of nowhere as we have seen in the final against somerset. They have a good balanced side with spinners who like to choke the opposition. In Abdul Razzaq they have a power player who will enjoy batting in the familiar condition. I think it will go Leicestershire's way because they are a mentally tough side who can keep their cool in close encounters.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011

Nice win on T&T to start the tournament. Although it got too close for my liking. Tough luck Kev with the Auckland bet. They were in the game right till the very last ball, just couldn't finish it off. Solitary victory in the T&T match gives me +5 points to start off.
Just because I'm annoying... +4pts :p But good calls both of you on T&T :clap

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Nothing for me in the opening match tomorrow. Have Leicestershire outright so will see how they've settled in before I get stuck in. May come back with something for the 2nd game. -5.8 after today but that should've been +3.2 because Auckland should've won. Not sure the pitch was too bad GF. Awful running cost us on Auckland. To lose Guptill to a run out first ball was far from ideal and then KKR just squeezed with the spinners. I thought the wicket played quite well in both matches, the bowlers just bowled well in both games, especially that second one. Will be interesting to see if there are high scoring matches tomorrow because the two English sides deal in high scoring games.

2 for me in the 2nd game. 5pts Auckland to beat Somerset 4/5 Paddy Power Somerset are really depleted in their batting line up which is very much their strength so I think Auckland are a good bet here. The Somerset batsmen could have struggled at full strength against this Auckland attack so that could be exaggerated more here. Auckland have a decent enough batting line up and this Somerset bowling attack don't match up to KKR's in ability. It's a must win game for Auckland and with Somerset light in both departments I'll take the Kiwi champions to win this. 3pts M.Guptill (-1.5 runs) to beat A.Suppiah 5/6 Ladbrokes The general consensus appears to be that Suppiah will open in this match but I'm not so sure he will and if he doesn't he'll be in down the order when he may have to sacrifice his wicket. As a batsman I don't think Suppiah is all that good in this format. I believe he's only in the side because he offers another spin option. Martin Guptill is definitely good enough and I think he'll want to get a few after his first ball run out yesterday. He faces the weaker if the two attacks and will open so can take advantage of the fielding restrictions. With that in mind, with Suppiah potentially down the order, I think this is a good line for Guptill. Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum

Nothing for me in the opening match tomorrow. Have Leicestershire outright so will see how they've settled in before I get stuck in. May come back with something for the 2nd game. -5.8 after today but that should've been +3.2 because Auckland should've won. Not sure the pitch was too bad GF. Awful running cost us on Auckland. To lose Guptill to a run out first ball was far from ideal and then KKR just squeezed with the spinners. I thought the wicket played quite well in both matches, the bowlers just bowled well in both games, especially that second one. Will be interesting to see if there are high scoring matches tomorrow because the two English sides deal in high scoring games.
I didn't really mean they were bad wickets, just strange, and felt like the batsmen didn't have any confidence in them because once they lost a few wickets they stopped going after it.

I didn't really mean they were bad wickets' date=' just strange, and felt like the batsmen didn't have any confidence in them because once they lost a few wickets they stopped going after it.[/quote'] Well that seems to me the trend in the tournament so far. So far it looks like the best time to score runs is the powerplay and once the new ball loses its shine it really gets tougher to get it away.

One early bet for tomorrow's game. 4pts Leicestershire to defeat Trinidad & Tobago @ 2.00 Bet365 Although T&T gave me a nice victory to start off still I am not convinced by their performance. I expected them to win more comfortably but that clearly was not that case. Their top order seemed to be struggling against the slow bowlers. Even though Bravo was there till the end he never got going. It was clearly evident that they were missing their power players Pollard and Dwayne Bravo. Leicestershire on the other hand are a well balanced side and they don't mind to start as underdogs. We all witnessed what they did in the Friends Life T-20. They have a knack of pulling out victories out of nowhere as we have seen in the final against somerset. They have a good balanced side with spinners who like to choke the opposition. In Abdul Razzaq they have a power player who will enjoy batting in the familiar condition. I think it will go Leicestershire's way because they are a mentally tough side who can keep their cool in close encounters.
Wow what a dismal performance from Leicestershire. It never looked like they had their heart in the game. The way they set their field was like they were waiting for catches.:spank Never tried to force the issue by stopping the singles. As for their batting; the less we talk the better. :@

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 Just looking at the odds for tomorrows games and one bet that stands out is in the 2nd game between KKR and Somerset. I strongly fancy KKR to have the most sixes with a batting line up including Kallis,Tiwary,ten Doeschate and Yusuf Pathan. Somerset didnt hit any today and without their big 6-hitters like Butler and Kieswetter. So therefore,Kolkata Knight Riders to hit most sixes @ 4/5 Paddy Power

Just looking at the odds for tomorrows games and one bet that stands out is in the 2nd game between KKR and Somerset. I strongly fancy KKR to have the most sixes with a batting line up including Kallis,Tiwary,ten Doeschate and Yusuf Pathan. Somerset didnt hit any today and without their big 6-hitters like Butler and Kieswetter. So therefore,Kolkata Knight Riders to hit most sixes @ 4/5 Paddy Power
Completely agree, just got 11/10 with Coral!

I didn't really mean they were bad wickets' date=' just strange, and felt like the batsmen didn't have any confidence in them because once they lost a few wickets they stopped going after it.[/quote'] Yeah that has been strange. I don't think the format is helping. This qualification thing is daft. Basically someone will go through on run rate and it's appeared to me teams have wanted to make sure they don't get walloped rather than be brave and win. They'd have been much better sending Leicestershire (as champions) and T&T (as former runners up) through and having the other 4 sides play a 4 team round robin for the final place. Nothing for me in the opening game on Wednesday. I have the Leicestershire outright needing them to win big but in reality that's probably gone but I still think they might win although not by enough but I'm not interested at 4/5 after today.

Wow what a dismal performance from Leicestershire. It never looked like they had their heart in the game. The way they set their field was like they were waiting for catches.:spank Never tried to force the issue by stopping the singles. As for their batting; the less we talk the better. :@
They were all absolutely shitfaced the night before.:rollin Som of the pics I've seen are unreal, its not even a serious competition, we have won our trophy admid this pathetic season. No point us winning it anyway, the money doesnt actually filter to Leicestershire unless we agree to a sponsorship deal with an Indian company and we wont do that.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 @kevshat Feel for you, things are not going right but looking at the things more closely we see 3/4 games or 7/8 innings have been low scoring.. So a fruitful strategy can be to back the team batting second and then lay your stake (just to be on the safe side). In today's first game Ruhuna has a really good price (2.26) as they've a potent spin attack and English sides are known for their weakness against the turning ball (Abdul Razzaq is no exception).. So, I'm backing Ruhuna to beat Leicestershire [email protected]

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 :welcome to PL gemzaib. Good call on Ruhuna. 2 for me in this later match. 3pts Somerset to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 15/8 Betfred With Ruhuna winning the opening match of the day then the margins are a wee bit too close for one side to bat out an equation which sees them going through. The simple equation is whoever wins this match will definitely be through and I expect that to be the way the match is played. I wasn't all that impressed with Kolkata in the opening match and they should've lost but their bowling attack just about saw them over the line but I'm still willing to take Somerset in this match. Somerset bowled well against Auckland and their batting held their nerve to get the job done and that should give them the confidence that is needed to go on and win this match too. Generally Somerset aren't good under pressure so it was pleasing to see them win under pressure yesterday. Although they are missing a few key players if the likes of Trego, van der Merwe and Kartik perform to their best then they will have every chance in this match. There is also the potential for Kolkata to be batting second here and with their run rate being marginally better than Somerset's they could have a smoother chase to ensure they qualify without winning the game. I'll go with Somerset in this one as a value pick. 4pts Over 5.5 6's 5/6 Skybet This line looks very low to me. We've just seen a match in which there have been 10 6's hit and neither of the sides had anyone with the hitting power that Yusuf Pathan has. 5 or so overs of Yusuf Pathan and this one is in you would think but it's not all about Pathan. The likes of Bisla, ten Doeschate, Shakib and Tiwary can all clear the ropes while Somerset have Trego, van der Merwe and even players like Kartik and Maschede if they are shoved up the order. Brett Lee aside there isn't a huge amount in either bowling attack which can't go and with the rain which fell on the wicket earlier potentially juicing it up a bit I think the ball could well come onto the bat and if it does I believe we'll get the required 6 6's in. This line just looks a bit low for a wicket which didn't play too badly in the first game it was just that Leicestershire couldn't play spin.

:welcome to PL gemzaib. Good call on Ruhuna. 2 for me in this later match. 3pts Somerset to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 15/8 Betfred With Ruhuna winning the opening match of the day then the margins are a wee bit too close for one side to bat out an equation which sees them going through. The simple equation is whoever wins this match will definitely be through and I expect that to be the way the match is played. I wasn't all that impressed with Kolkata in the opening match and they should've lost but their bowling attack just about saw them over the line but I'm still willing to take Somerset in this match. Somerset bowled well against Auckland and their batting held their nerve to get the job done and that should give them the confidence that is needed to go on and win this match too. Generally Somerset aren't good under pressure so it was pleasing to see them win under pressure yesterday. Although they are missing a few key players if the likes of Trego, van der Merwe and Kartik perform to their best then they will have every chance in this match. There is also the potential for Kolkata to be batting second here and with their run rate being marginally better than Somerset's they could have a smoother chase to ensure they qualify without winning the game. I'll go with Somerset in this one as a value pick. 4pts Over 5.5 6's 5/6 Skybet This line looks very low to me. We've just seen a match in which there have been 10 6's hit and neither of the sides had anyone with the hitting power that Yusuf Pathan has. 5 or so overs of Yusuf Pathan and this one is in you would think but it's not all about Pathan. The likes of Bisla, ten Doeschate, Shakib and Tiwary can all clear the ropes while Somerset have Trego, van der Merwe and even players like Kartik and Maschede if they are shoved up the order. Brett Lee aside there isn't a huge amount in either bowling attack which can't go and with the rain which fell on the wicket earlier potentially juicing it up a bit I think the ball could well come onto the bat and if it does I believe we'll get the required 6 6's in. This line just looks a bit low for a wicket which didn't play too badly in the first game it was just that Leicestershire couldn't play spin.
Nice call on Somerset and the sixes Kev. Well done:clap:clap What an innings by Ten Doeschate; real shame that KKR don't use him to his potential.

Re: Cricket : Champions League Twenty20 2011 RCB vs Warriors Bangalore has lost 3 Tournament openers at home previously but Chris Gayle was not a part of their squad at any of those occasions.. If Warriors have to repeat history, they must execute their plans against him to the perfection.. It can be a good idea to back RCB @ 1.60 and then lay them after some Gayle fireworks in first 6 overs...