** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21

aliando

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Liverpool and Chelsea @ 2.04 (Bet365) Nothing really needs to be added with Liverpool. Brighton rotating a bit, Liverpool putting out a good side. Like the Chelsea team, and think we'll see decent stuff from McEachran, Sturridge, and Lukaku. Not too intimately aquainted with some of the Fulham lads, and Ruiz may cause problems, but I do like that Chelsea side. Everton v WBA Both To Score @ 1.83 (Coral) Both sides look pretty attacking. Expect Barkley and Coleman to be flying down the flanks, and hopefully Fellaini and Denis can do some damage. CC usually has plenty of goals, which hopefully'll help. Also, believe both teams scored when these sides met in 1908.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Anyone looking for a live in play bet. After watching the first half of our game we have put up a good fight and the new boys give credit to them have looked very bright. Ruiz and Frei the picks of the bunch for me. However I think Chelsea will come out on top in this one 1 or 2 nil. Got some talent on the bench and I think our positive first half will come undone to a small defeat. I cant bet against my own team but the 1.57 Chelsea win looks good for a larger stake and possibly small/medium stakes on 1-0 Chelsea 3.60 and 2-0 Chelsea 4.75 Good luck :hope Sorry if anyone followed. Was looking that way but the game changed dramaticly after the red. Did say earlier It could just be Fulham to do a small upset here or even force extra time, so I hope some of you left it alone.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21

Man City - Birmingham under 2.5 Mancini said that he is gonna rest 5-6 players from the first team which means that Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero, Silva, Y. Toure and maybe someone else won't be in the starting squad or even play at all. Owen Hargreaves will probably make his debut. I'm quite sure that Balotelli will start and maybe Tevez. Birmingham is one of those teams which are not easy to play against plus Mancini is having bigger priorities on CL and PL. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3822939/Owen-Hargreaves-set-to-make-Manchester-City-debut-against-Birmingham.html
:clap

Liverpool and Chelsea @ 2.04 (Bet365) Nothing really needs to be added with Liverpool. Brighton rotating a bit, Liverpool putting out a good side. Like the Chelsea team, and think we'll see decent stuff from McEachran, Sturridge, and Lukaku. Not too intimately aquainted with some of the Fulham lads, and Ruiz may cause problems, but I do like that Chelsea side. Everton v WBA Both To Score @ 1.83 (Coral) Both sides look pretty attacking. Expect Barkley and Coleman to be flying down the flanks, and hopefully Fellaini and Denis can do some damage. CC usually has plenty of goals, which hopefully'll help. Also, believe both teams scored when these sides met in 1908.
Fulham, annoying as always.

I've settled on a similar bet in the end. Over 1.5 at Man City' date=' Southampton and Brighton, it comes to 1.58 with Stan James. My stake was 2/10. Avoided the all Premier League clashes as those games tend to have less goals than games involving lower league opposition in the league cup.[/quote'] Well done on skipping Chelsea :)

Liverpool -1 (EH) @ 2.65 :@ Gave up a late penalty to only win 2-1. Should have been up by a few goals at half time
Feel exactly the same :@ and out of all the time to concede a penalty too!! The game should have been over and Liverpool should certainly not have been diving in to tackles which they were uncertain to win... if it was a foul? Either way, obviously they were defending naively to concede a penalty that late in a game in which they held a 2 goal cushion! Stupid!!

Brighton v Liverpool -1 (AH) @ 1.875 bet365 I was a bit reluctant to take this at first as it's not exactly a value bet. But there are a number of factors why I fancy it. Firstly, Dalglish has stated already that he will be sending a strong team. They had a bad loss at the weekend and I think he will be keen to get back to winning ways. Although champions league qualification has got to be number 1 priority due to the money involved, I can't help but think Dalglish would love a bit of silverware. And realistically, the Carling Cup could be their best opportunity. In the last round, Pool demolished Exeter and were clealry focused on doing a professional job. Of course, Brighton will prove to be a much tougher test, but if the likes of Bellamy and possibly Carroll and Gerrard start, then Liverpool SHOULD do another professional job here. Brighton have had a great start to the season and you would think they would be up for an attempted scalp here. But it's worth noting that they hae an important championship clash against leeds in just 48 hours. This has got to be in Poyet's mind and you wonder whether this will have any influence. Certainly while Brighton look to be promotion contenders, the league has to be where their priorities lie. So although this tie does have the potential to be a major banana skin for Liverpool on the surface, other factors have convinced me that Liverpool should come away from this as winners tonight. If Dalglish does indeed put a strong team out, there should also be a reasonable chance of them winning this by 2 goals or more.
Everton v West Brom +1 (AH) @ 1.90 Bet365 Strong starting line up for West Brom tonight. Everton still look fairly strong but they have rested more players. With the +1 handicap, I feel that West brom represent decent value here.
Annoying with liverpool to conceed so late on but took them on the asian so stake returned. West Brom got the draw, so still up on the night.

Everton v WBA WBA to Qualify @ 3.30 Bluesq Wow, superb odds imo. Can't justify them being an A star bet :lol but i think there is alot of value in this one. Wba under Hodgson and even Di Matteo have put in several decent away performances. I don't know how Wba will line up but Everton are thin for the first team nevermind league cup game fixtures. They do have some youthful talent (everton) but i think as long as Wba put out a decent side they should be equal odds to everton. Jase pointed out last weekend that the compiler of evertons odds needs shooting and if he hasn't been already then he certainly does now. Everton for many a season now have gone out early in the comp often to lower league sides, they are struggling form as usual in the prem early on and face a team who traditionally do ok at Goodison park. All comes down to motivation and line ups but i think Hodgson will want a cup run for europe (unsubstantiated claim). All in all, with alittle risk WBA to Qualify @3.30
2 minutes from coming in :sad Bloody hate late goals :@

The Reds team in full is: Reina' date= Kelly, Robinson, Carragher, Coates, Lucas, Spearing, Maxi, Kuyt, Bellamy, Suarez. Subs: Gerrard, Carroll, Downing, Wilson, Shelvey, Flanagan, Doni. Liverpool team is confirmed. Just going to have a small interest in this game, and that is on Maxi to score anytime. He has only started one game this season, vs Exeter in the last round, and he duly netted. He finished last season in flying form, netting 7 in 3 consecutive games, including hatricks against Birmingham & Fulham. In fact he has 8 goals in his last 5 starts all told. The fact that Suarez starts is a plus. His movement means that Liverpool are very fluid up front, and this suits Maxi from a goalscoring point of view. Also, that fact that he hasn't really been getting a look-in in the league, means that he should get a decent run out tonight. Suarez would be the most likely of the attacking players to be hooked, and Maxi did get the full 90 mins in the last round. An important consideration with this bet. Bet365 were going 5.0 on this a short while ago, but I couldn't get the confirmed line-up. They are now only 3.25, and the best price is 4.5 with WH. Will also put a chip on him to net 2 or more with Blue Square, at a massive 34.0. That price just looks wrong!! 1pt Maxi Rodrigez Anytime Scorer @4.5 William Hill 0.25pt Maxi Rodrigez To score 2 or more @34.0 Blue Square :hope
No joy :( Didn't see the game so can't really comment on whether he had any chances. Did get the full 90 mins as expected. Would gladly take the bet again (WH cut to 3.0 after I posted)

Fulham' date=' annoying as always.[/quote'] Cant say I didnt warn you. I have got my previews on Newcastle, Blackburn and Man City pretty spot on this season and here is another one to chuck in to the pile. Chelsea did look like going on to win the game after the first half, but surely this is isnt Fulham being annoying and more Ironicly Alex the same name as yours getting a red for Chelsea and blowing what look like a scrappy 1-0 to the home side. Gutted though not seeing them off on pens. After Lampard missed the 1st I thought it was written in the script that we would go on to win it. :@ My small stake on us to qualify went the distance though so got to be happy with that. Great performances from the young lads and nice to see we have some real talent coming through. :clap

I've settled on a similar bet in the end. Over 1.5 at Man City' date=' Southampton and Brighton, it comes to 1.58 with Stan James. My stake was 2/10. Avoided the all Premier League clashes as those games tend to have less goals than games involving lower league opposition in the league cup.[/quote'] Bet won. Thank you very much Alex C for providing me with the stats and inspiration for this bet. :ok