** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

"€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock

richfock

Intro It is my first post and since this section of PL is my favorite, i thought i should post my Challenge that im currently running on my Tumblr blog. I want to turn €100 to €100.000 by betting on football. I have tried two times and both times i failed after 9-10 matches that i won in a row. I was not concentrating a lot as i thought that it would be easy but it is not. So here i go again, one more time, to prove that it can be done. Im not sure if it is allowed to post a link to my Tumblr blog but i will leave it for now till someone can confirm that i can post a link to my personal blog. The System Well it is very stupid but it is the only way for me to reach my goal in a short space of time. Most bookies offer Double Chance betting (1x, x2, 12) so it would be kinda easier to predict which outcome wont happen than predicting which will happen. It is exactly the same as Laying an outcome on Betfair. A match between two even teams (at least in terms of the odds) has a Double Chance for the 1x (Home win or Draw) or the x2 (Away win or Draw) around 1,4-1,45 (Decimal Odds). A match between a huge favorite and a weak underdog has odds of around 1,1 or less for the favorite to win or draw the match. So i am playing with odds starting from as low as 1,01 (could be less but no point in it) and as high as 1,45 for the favorite team. The underdog can have odds of 2,00 or 3,00 or even more but i dont examine the case of the underdog since i am looking only for the favorites to win a match. Very common are odds around 1,1-1,15 where one of the teams is the favorite to win. I will mostly concentrate on these odds. Now lets take a look at a very simple calculation. If i win 50 matches in a row with decimal odds of 1,1 then i would have total odds of 117,4 (this is the outcome from multiplying [1,1 x 1,1 x 1,1 x...x 1,1] 50 times). By total odds i mean the scenario that i could play all 50 matches in a single bet slip. So i will treat this challenge as a single bet slip. What does this mean? It means that i will start with €100 and bet everything on a match. After i win, i will again bet my new balance on the 2nd match and so on till the point that i have a little more than €90.000 to bet on a single match with odds around 1,1 to reach close to €100.000 where the Challenge will end. Of course, you will probably be thinking, which bookie will accept such a large bet? This is not a problem since you can evenly split for example €50.000 to 5 bookies and bet €10.000 on each one on the same match. From what i have seen you can bet as much €50-60k on a single match with odds around 1,1 so no problem at all. To sum up, i will start with €100 and Double Chance selections. As long as i am winning, i will be betting the whole balance on the next match till i reach my goal. P.S. I dont plan on rushing things, so i might do some overbetting till i reach €1.000 and then slow down playing 1 match per day midweek and 2-3 matches per day on the weekends. I expect your full support.. :cow Stay tuned!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Thanks for your wishes. Since im not familiar with the whole procedure here on PL, what do you mean by someone counting my winnings?

Welcome player and good luck....:welcome If you need anyone to count your winnings for you just let me know... Cheers mate....:hope

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Ok. So time for our first match. I have found two matches for today but i will select only one of them. Lets see one more time the possible selections i can make for a specific match. 1x = Home win or Draw x2 = Away win or Draw 12 = Home win or Away win Lets move on to our first selection: Match #1 NEC Nijmegen vs NAC Breda = 1x @ 1.15 (GB) Current Balance: €100 P.S. My other selection was Gil Vicente but i decided not to bet on it.

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock I changed it 1 minute after i posted it because of a grammatical error. I wont do it again.. :ok

One of the rules of this forum is don't edit your posts, as obviously that leaves you open to suggestions you changed a pick. Good luck :ok

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Thats exactly what i am aiming for. The 10k as a first step. Then i might leave 5k aside and use the rest to get to 100k. Btw how did you do this calculation that you posted? Is it a program? It would be useful for me..

Here's how i see it 100to100k.png Good luck :ok

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Update #1 Nijmegen took the lead on the first 2' of the match and then in the 2nd half lost the match in 3 minutes from Breda. :wall Nice way to start a Challenge.. :cry In any case i ll be betting a lot this weekend and hopefully reach at least 1k but i need a lot of luck.. I wont give up till i do this. Thats for sure.. More matches to come tomorrow.. Stay tuned!

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Thanks a lot. I really need it to save time from using my calculator as i can see the exact return for every match i win.. Thanks for your wishes.. I think i ll do better over the weekend.. :cow

It's a program I've made. There you go ;) https://rapidshare.com/#!download|539dt|2127520225|betting.exe|476|RapidPro expired. (34fa3175) Good luck with your next attempt :hope

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Hard luck going out on your first go. I'd seriously considered splitting your balance if you managed to reach the 1,000 mark though. So you have some money back to start again. However it is your challenge so it's up to you, good luck.

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock I was thinking of splitting it if i reach 10k but since i know it is a very long way to go till that point i might have to do what you say.. Lets see if i can hit the 1k mark this weekend..

Hard luck going out on your first go. I'd seriously considered splitting your balance if you managed to reach the 1' date='000 mark though. So you have some money back to start again. However it is your challenge so it's up to you, good luck.[/quote']

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Ok. Lets start from the beginning. 14 matches for today and €100 as starting balance. Selections: Arsenal x2 @ 1.21 Hertha 1x @ 1.11 FC MIKA x2 @ 1.12 Cercle Brugge 1x @ 1.15 Univ. Catolica x2 @ 1.08 AGF Aarhus x2 @ 1.16 Leeds Utd 1x @ 1.16 Pecs MFC 1x @ 1.14 Cagliari 1x @ 1.12 Modena 1x @ 1.12 Cerro Porteno x2 @ 1.12 Dundee Utd 1x @ 1.18 Hearts 1x @ 1.16 FC Dukla Banska Bystrica 1x @ 1.11 [stake: €100 / Total Odds: 6.12] (GB) Let's hope for a good start..

Re: "€100 to €100k Challenge" by richfock As you probably already know i lost the bet above because of Arsenal and Univ. Catolica. As soon as Arsenal lost, i got a little mad as it was one of my first matches and decided to bet €250 at Bet365 to some of the remaining matches from the above selections. So i chose 7 matches and bet €250 on them. Result? €658 :nana I didnt have time to post it but here is the screenshot as proof:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/bet365f.jpg/

So i ll have to rename the Challenge to: "€250 to €100k Challenge" In any case, i ll continue today with more selections. I did some calculations and i decided that i will be playing mostly on the weekends and i will be looking for combined odds of 1,5 per day. I am looking at around 13 days to reach €100k mark. So lets see. Selection for today together with screenshot for bet confirmation will be posted later on. Stay tuned!

Re: "€250 to €100k Challenge" by richfock You are totally right! :unsure Not sure how this happened. The good thing is they gave me more money. :nana Thats totally weird. My account says 1032 and not 1026 as it should so cant tell whats going on.

Well done :clap I may be wrong but when i do the sums for your bets, I get different totals, I done my own then I used a web site betting Calculator, the first I get 641.72, the 2nd I get 1026.85 Any reason for mine been different, compared to the returns you got

Re: "€250 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Although i read the rules, im new so i might have missed something. Please explain the difference between screenshots and pics? Let me know what is the correct thing to post and i ll post it. :D

Don't take screenshots' date=' man, just post your pics. Makes the whole thing more credible.[/quote']

Re: "€250 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Oh. Right! Well i thought posting screenshots would be much more credible since you can see the amounts of money that i bet and not just picks but anyway no problem with me. I ll just post the picks before the start of the matches if thats what most of you want.. :\

Think Alec meant picks not pics

Re: "€250 to €100k Challenge" by richfock

Oh. Right! Well i thought posting screenshots would be much more credible since you can see the amounts of money that i bet and not just picks but anyway no problem with me. I ll just post the picks before the start of the matches if thats what most of you want.. :\
That is what's required, Post the selections before KO, the total points you are placing on them, and with which bookmaker. Screen shots are really only for in-play, or if you think you have found a very good price somewhere, take a screen shot, save it, if someone questions the price you have the proof of where and when. Good luck

Re: "€250 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Good luck with this, in theory this could either make you a lot of money very quickly or lose a lot of money in a frustrating way with bets that appear little risk (i.e. Arsenal to win or draw at Blackburn and Real Madrid yesterday against Levante!). You are placing your bets with bet365? Are you having problems getting the bets accepted? I tried to see the maximum amount they would let me bet with your last bet and was allowed max stake of 900 euros - will bet365 let you bet 1k/2k plus on such small odds as 1.80? EDIT: Saw your first post again explaining the above.

Re: "€250 to €100k Challenge" by richfock Yeah, as you might have read i will have to split the amount in different bookies in case a bet doesnt get accepted.. I tried a match with odds around 1,15 and bet365 was allowing up to 50-60k. If you more than one matches then the max bet drops. But for one match it was up to 60k. What i did notice was that they have a limit on max winnings for such odds and it was around 12k. Lets hope that i make it this far and then i guess splitting between different bookies wont be a problem..

Good luck with this, in theory this could either make you a lot of money very quickly or lose a lot of money in a frustrating way with bets that appear little risk (i.e. Arsenal to win or draw at Blackburn and Real Madrid yesterday against Levante!). You are placing your bets with bet365? Are you having problems getting the bets accepted? I tried to see the maximum amount they would let me bet with your last bet and was allowed max stake of 900 euros - will bet365 let you bet 1k/2k plus on such small odds as 1.80? EDIT: Saw your first post again explaining the above.

Re: "€250 to €100k Challenge" by richfock

Yeah, as you might have read i will have to split the amount in different bookies in case a bet doesnt get accepted.. I tried a match with odds around 1,15 and bet365 was allowing up to 50-60k. If you more than one matches then the max bet drops. But for one match it was up to 60k. What i did notice was that they have a limit on max winnings for such odds and it was around 12k. Lets hope that i make it this far and then i guess splitting between different bookies wont be a problem..
Guess so! I like your picks because in my own experience when picking winners or favourites or winners more often than not the bet loses due to a hard fought draw (rather than the long shots actually winning outright). If you're sucessful tonight I'm going to give it a go myself (with a smaller target of 2k) - although I'll be avoiding the Carling Cup tommorow as that is a minefield!