** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September

Saturday 17 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Granada CF v Villarreal (17:00 BST) 3.5 3.5 2.27 101.20 %
maximize.gif Real Mallorca v Málaga (17:00 BST) 3.35 3.53 2.4 99.85 %
maximize.gif Real Sporting de Gijon v Valencia (17:00 BST) 3.61 3.45 2.22 101.73 %
maximize.gif FC Barcelona v Osasuna (19:00 BST) 1.1 13.5 44 100.59 %
maximize.gif Sevilla v Real Sociedad (21:00 BST) 1.58 4.5 7 99.74 %
Sunday 18 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Getafe v Rayo Vallecano (11:00 BST) 2 3.62 4.33 100.70 %
maximize.gif Real Zaragoza v Espanyol (15:00 BST) 2.27 3.35 3.65 101.30 %
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v Racing Santander (17:00 BST) 1.53 4.5 7.76 100.47 %
maximize.gif Levante UD v Real Madrid (19:00 BST) 14.5 7.2 1.24 101.43 %
maximize.gif Athletic Bilbao v Real Betis (21:00 BST) 2.14 3.6 4 99.51 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September Standout bet for me so far has to be Valencia to beat Gijon @ 2.11 currently. valencia seem to be coping well with the loss of Mata and in Soldado they have a man on fire at the minute, they have won their opening 2 games, Gijon have lost their 2 games and i can see Valencia making it 3 out of 3.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September Agree ^ - 5pts (Sporting Gijon) vs. Valencia @ 5/4 [VC] Mad value here. No idea how Valencia are better than EVS to win this match. As Shotty has already mentioned, they've started this season well with two wins. Stark contrast to how Sporting have started. Soldado is in crazy scoring form in La Liga right now and they seem to be full of confidence. I didn't see any of their midweek game away in Belgium but I don't think it will hinder them too much. Valencia have been an experienced "play a Champions League game away in midweek and go away in La Liga on the weekend " team for several years now, they should know how to deal with it. Sociedad have sold Diego Castro and Valencia have only dropped two points at Sociedad in their last four visits. Away win for me at a tasty price. - 7pts Mallorca vs Malaga AH0 @ 8/11 [Ladbrokes] Big stake here on Malaga but I think it's justified. I don't think that they'll lose this game, especially with the sale of. J. de Guzman and Mallorca's skipper Jose Nunes being ruled out for the home side. Everyone knows about Malaga's renovation and they looked good in their 4-0 win last week, even if it was against lowly Granada. I think that Pellegrini's side is starting to gel and the creativity of Santi Cazorla especially in midfield will be too much to handle for the home team. Mallorca haven't exactly got the worst home record in the world but I expected the AH0 line to be alot closer to 1.5 than 1.7. At these odds, I'll play to see Malaga avoid defeat.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September Sporting Gijon - Valencia: Valencia @ 2.29 (Pinnacle) 10/10 The odds are excellent for Valencia's win, I think. The teams have started the season in opposite directions with Gijon losing 2 matches and Valencia winning both of its matches. Last season, Valencia was the 3rd best away team behind Barcelona and Real Madrid and 3rd place overall was comfortably achieved. Valencia won this fixture, last season, by a score of 0-2 and certainly has the quality to win again this year. Good Luck....:hope

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September Guya is there a good website to use to check out the potential line ups? I cant believe the odds are near to 2.3 now and i want to check the potential line ups or the actual ones close to KO. Also i think there could be value in a Malaga win tonight aswell, they have some quality players, a great manager and coming off the back of a 4-0 win against Granada i think they will want to string a few good results together. I know Mallorca can be a tough team to beat at home but i believe Malaga have the players to win, odds are 2.25 @ Betfair.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September

Agree ^ - 7pts Mallorca vs Malaga AH0 @ 8/11 [Ladbrokes] Big stake here on Malaga but I think it's justified. I don't think that they'll lose this game, especially with the sale of. J. de Guzman and Mallorca's skipper Jose Nunes being ruled out for the home side. Everyone knows about Malaga's renovation and they looked good in their 4-0 win last week, even if it was against lowly Granada. I think that Pellegrini's side is starting to gel and the creativity of Santi Cazorla especially in midfield will be too much to handle for the home team. Mallorca haven't exactly got the worst home record in the world but I expected the AH0 line to be alot closer to 1.5 than 1.7. At these odds, I'll play to see Malaga avoid defeat.
Hi mate, what does AH0 mean for Malaga, the assian handicaps confuse me haha. I agree that Malaga should have enough to win the game but i am interested in the AH0 odds

Hi mate' date=' what does AH0 mean for Malaga, the assian handicaps confuse me haha. I agree that Malaga should have enough to win the game but i am interested in the AH0 odds[/quote'] AH (0) is the same as draw no bet. You will get your stake returned if the match is a draw.

AH (0) is the same as draw no bet. You will get your stake returned if the match is a draw.
Ah okay, thankyou. Isn't backing +1 better because a draw still counts as a win or will the odds be lower because of this. And regarding the Valencia game, Unai Emery looks set to ring the changes for Valencia's trip to Sporting following their Champions League stalemate with Genk. One player certain to miss out is midfielder Mehmet Topal,spacer.gif who will be out for up to a month after suffering a shoulder injury in Los Che's disappointing 0-0 draw during the week. Midfielders Ever Banega, Dani Parejo, Sofiane Feghouli and goalkeeper Diego Alves were also brought in for the European tie, and Emery will now decide which ones to retain, having dropped stopper Vicente Guaita to the bench along with Pablo Hernandez,spacer.gif David Albelda,spacer.gif Tino Costa and Jonas Goncalves. Roberto Soldadospacer.gif will be the first name on Emery's team sheet having scored four goals in helping Valenciaspacer.gif pick up six points from their opening two games. Los Che's toughest challenge could be avoiding complacency against a side who are yet to register a point ahead of a testing run against Barcelonaspacer.gif and Sevillaspacer.gif in the league and then Chelseaspacer.gif in the Champions League. Emery told the club's official website: "Tomorrow's (Saturday) game is a difficult one. We have started the league season in good form, with six points from two games, but we are visiting a team who have always had good performances against us. "Sporting need to play at the limit, because they have yet to take a point. We should show plenty of character, because this is an attribute that has been key in our results so far. "We also need to improve on the pitch. We are optimists and realists at the same time: This game is important for the path that we want to take in the league." Does this make anyone nervous for a Valencia win or will they be playing a near full strengh team? I am not familiar on who starts for them.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September Not so convinced myself that Valencia are such a good bet. They might have won both games, but they were at home for both, and they were hardly convincing in the 4-3 win against Santander, needing 2 goals in the last couple of minutes to turn it around. They're also off the back of a Champions League match. Last season in league matches after a Champions League game they were 3-2-3, which included defeats at home to Mallorca and away to Zaragoza, and draws at home to Sporting and Osasuna. Good luck to those backing them, but the price doesn't really look particularly tempting to me.

Ah okay, thankyou. Isn't backing +1 better because a draw still counts as a win or will the odds be lower because of this. And regarding the Valencia game, Unai Emery looks set to ring the changes for Valencia's trip to Sporting following their Champions League stalemate with Genk. One player certain to miss out is midfielder Mehmet Topal,spacer.gif who will be out for up to a month after suffering a shoulder injury in Los Che's disappointing 0-0 draw during the week. Midfielders Ever Banega, Dani Parejo, Sofiane Feghouli and goalkeeper Diego Alves were also brought in for the European tie, and Emery will now decide which ones to retain, having dropped stopper Vicente Guaita to the bench along with Pablo Hernandez,spacer.gif David Albelda,spacer.gif Tino Costa and Jonas Goncalves. Roberto Soldadospacer.gif will be the first name on Emery's team sheet having scored four goals in helping Valenciaspacer.gif pick up six points from their opening two games. Los Che's toughest challenge could be avoiding complacency against a side who are yet to register a point ahead of a testing run against Barcelonaspacer.gif and Sevillaspacer.gif in the league and then Chelseaspacer.gif in the Champions League. Emery told the club's official website: "Tomorrow's (Saturday) game is a difficult one. We have started the league season in good form, with six points from two games, but we are visiting a team who have always had good performances against us. "Sporting need to play at the limit, because they have yet to take a point. We should show plenty of character, because this is an attribute that has been key in our results so far. "We also need to improve on the pitch. We are optimists and realists at the same time: This game is important for the path that we want to take in the league." Does this make anyone nervous for a Valencia win or will they be playing a near full strengh team? I am not familiar on who starts for them.
Valencia is a team with a top quality roster. They can make changes to the 'top' lineup and still have a squad that can play top rate football. Let's remember they are up against Gijon here and not Barcelona, Real Madrid or even Villarreal or Atletico Madrid. Sure, on any given day the better team can fail to win. But, at the odds offered I'm willing to take the risk that even a Valencia side with changes can defeat a Gijon side that hasn't indicated anything special. One of the reasons, I think, the odds are as good as they are is that the market is a bit spooked by Valencia's CL participation and its need to rotate players. But just because Valencia has big games against Chelsea, Barcelona and Seville coming up doesn't mean they are going to sacrifice any points against Gijon. In fact, this is a league match that Valencia will view as a must win against a weaker team.

Guya is there a good website to use to check out the potential line ups? I cant believe the odds are near to 2.3 now and i want to check the potential line ups or the actual ones close to KO.
Marca (a Spanish sports daily paper) gives predicted lineups, although they're rarely completely accurate, but it can at least give you a rough idea. Go to http://www.marca.com/, then down the right there's a list of the fixtures under the heading "Jornada 4" (Matchday 4). Click on any of the matches (as long as they're in blue, if they're in grey it's because they've not yet written the preview) and you'll get the preview page for that match, which includes their predicted lineups.

Marca (a Spanish sports daily paper) gives predicted lineups, although they're rarely completely accurate, but it can at least give you a rough idea. Go to http://www.marca.com/, then down the right there's a list of the fixtures under the heading "Jornada 4" (Matchday 4). Click on any of the matches (as long as they're in blue, if they're in grey it's because they've not yet written the preview) and you'll get the preview page for that match, which includes their predicted lineups.
Thanks a lot :cheers If that predicted team is correct then i believe Valencia can win the game, they do have quality players all over the pitch in my opinion.

Valencia is a team with a top quality roster. They can make changes to the 'top' lineup and still have a squad that can play top rate football. Let's remember they are up against Gijon here and not Barcelona, Real Madrid or even Villarreal or Atletico Madrid. Sure, on any given day the better team can fail to win. But, at the odds offered I'm willing to take the risk that even a Valencia side with changes can defeat a Gijon side that hasn't indicated anything special. One of the reasons, I think, the odds are as good as they are is that the market is a bit spooked by Valencia's CL participation and its need to rotate players. But just because Valencia has big games against Chelsea, Barcelona and Seville coming up doesn't mean they are going to sacrifice any points against Gijon. In fact, this is a league match that Valencia will view as a must win against a weaker team.
Ye mate i agree with you and i will be taking the odds on offer. Just seen a predicted team and if it is that is the team they play tonight or similar to that they definately have the quality to win the game so i am backing Valencia to win :hope:hope:hope

Woop woop, full time 1-0 in both games. CASHHHHHHHHHHH :nana:nana Well done mate :cheers
Bloody hell that was a sweat... All I had was livescores up and just saw both at 1-0 for basically the whole game! Booom!! Finally a winning Saturday from Rugby in the morning, to La Liga late night (Was looking at Barca -2 @ 1.75 earlier but never got on.... grr)

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September Going to take the following bet in the Sevilla vs Real Sociedad match: 4pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.74 Betfair Both team have each played two games this season and have not kept clean sheets in either of their games. In addition to that, for both teams, both of their games have ended with Over 2.5 Goals. Just based on statistics alone, it has got to be the overs for me.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Sevilla - Real Sociedad
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 17/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 4.36
Reasoning Both teams started very well new season with four points of two matches so far. Seviila defeated Malaga 2-1 at home in opening round followed by 2-2 draw in Villareal. On the other hand Real Sociedad won in Gijon 1-2 on the road but after that they make wonderful came back against Barcelona after trailing 0-2 they drew 2-2. So it seems that both sides are in good fit last season they finished neighbors in the table so too possible draw today.

Going to take the following bet in the Sevilla vs Real Sociedad match: 4pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.74 Betfair :eyes Both team have each played two games this season and have not kept clean sheets in either of their games. In addition to that, for both teams, both of their games have ended with Over 2.5 Goals. Just based on statistics alone, it has got to be the overs for me.
Game did not go as I had thought it would. Plenty of chances to score, unfortunately both teams couldn't capitalise on their chances and the game ended only 1-0 to Sevilla.

Athletic Bilbao vs. Real Betis

Wasn't the best start for coach Marcelo Bielsa who did great job with Chile in World Cup competition,and if he is looking to take Bilbao to an European spot he has to start winning soon enough. They had disappointing results so far, drawing at home to Rayo Vallecano and later last week losing to Espanyol. Results might not reflect the performance, with Bilbao having heaps of occasions and shots on goal but without managing to push the ball successfully in the back of the net. Thursday they played away to Slovan Bratislava in Europe, where they won 2:1 and I think that might be the spark they needed to start winning some. Betis will be missing Ruben Castro becuz of injury, who scored in both winners of this season for his team and who scored in most of every game last season for Betis. Statistics and form might not look at the best right now, but Betis had two late goal winners so far against Mallorca and Granada both by Ruben and with Bilbao hungry for points in the league I highly expect them to win today. Even odds for a home win are high and I think they worth to be taking. Hopefully European fatigue won't be a huge factor for this encounter and Bilbao do the job. Selection: Home Win @ 2,10 - 6/10 Selection: Home Win and clean sheet @ 3,25 2/10 Opinions ?

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September Bilbao vs Betis Great match here to bet on. Marcelo Bielsa is a very good coach and Bilbao has by tradition a strong game play at home. New promoted Betis surprised every one with their god display but I think here will be very hard game for them. I think that home side will win this game, their place should be in the Europa League places, not on middle or in relegation area. home -0.25 AH @ 1.88 with Canbet

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 September Atlético Madrid VS Racing Santander Home win :ok I feel that ATL.Madrid will win this.Becouse they are one class bether then Racing and have very good team. T. Courtois, Sílvio, L. Perea, A. Domínguez, Filipe, Gabi, M. Suárez, Tiago, J. Reyes, Adrián, R. Falcao

Atlético Madrid VS Racing Santander Home win :ok I feel that ATL.Madrid will win this.Becouse they are one class bether then Racing and have very good team.
That doesn't necessarily make it a good bet though ;). (To be a good bet, the odds have to be better than they should be)

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Atl. Madrid - Santander
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 18/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.99
Reasoning I don't want to understimate Atletico Madrid but after Aguero was sold they have big problems in their offense just one goal in two matches in Primera Division, opening match against Osasuna finished 0-0, we sa what Barcelona did with Osasuna yesterday night so Atletico are not in so good fit at the moment. Some of you will say that Falcao sure will play, but Santander are not so poor club in defense. In opening match against Valencia Santander took 1-3 lead in Valencia but allowed few foolush goals and lose 4-3 in last five minutes so today if they are more concentrated they can clinche a point here, even more they will be with fresher legs after Atletico played on Thursday against Celtic.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Zaragoza - Espanyol
Selection over 3.5
Strength 10/10
Date 18/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 4.01
Reasoning The last Zaragoza home match finished with 0-6 loss against Real Madrid that was two weeks ago I don't think they will play better in defense for just two weeks time to this games. Espanyol are tough Spanish club they bought some good players their aim this season is to play in euro cups. Zagoza will want prove to their fans after this big loss so they will go for a win today, and this may be the key to this match with fast Espanyol counters this sure will be over I think.