** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Return of Ted's "Bag A Rag" ( Again)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 4.05 LEOPARDSTOWN~.25 E/W WHATUTHINK 20/1 BET365 Very good race this to finish the card and a very tricky one at that! The weld Fav should be there abouts was going to go for Deutschland but have plumped for this horse who Silvester De Sousa rides which i find interesting has a bit to find with a few of these when well beaten behind Pond Cottage (who also has a decent chance) lto but think 2F extra will suit the horse and the softer the ground the better. 3.45 FFOS LAS~.25 E/W PLUM PUDDING 22/1 VC Has been off the track a long time so i'm taking a chance that trainer has got him back firing for this. Looked an improving horse going places when winning a couple of handicaps at this trip at leicester at the start of 2010 before pulling up over farther at Exeter in March that year not seen since, carrying 3lb more than last win but may get away with that if back to best, ill take the chance at the price.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 3.30 CARLISLE~TEENANDO .25 E/W 16/1 LADBROKES Sue Smith's yard is in fine form. The bottom weight is ok handicapped has won off bigger back from a break could run well and is worth a chance at the price and the form the yard are in there may still be a bit of life in the old 11yo yet. Bank~187.96

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" Teenando 3rd. 3.40 LINGFIELD .25 E/W WHITCOMBE SPIRIT 16/1 PP Bottom weight not at best on flat this year but has some fair form over hurdles that gives him a chance of sorts here a winner of one race over a bit further off 4lb less but we may see a bit of improvement now back over the jumps worth a small bet at the price and a lot of these have questions to be answered.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 2.50 SOUTHWELL ON THE HIGH TOPS 25/1 BET 365 1PT E/W Think this is a huge price for this horse i feel bet365 have got the price very wrong here only 12 with PP. This horse is best when fresh as is the case tomorrow. Has a few quirks but first time blinkers will help. First run on the AW which is a bit unknown but i think it will take to it should be up near the front from the start and may lead from start to finish outside draw should suit the horse . Would prefer if it laid as the kick back may not be to the horses liking. Won first run of the season on turf a C3 at Thirsk for Tom Tate is now trained by Ruth Carr who has put the jock on (Andrew Mullen) who was on that day. Not broke sweat yet for current trainer but gets in here off 3lb lower than last win and is much better than current form figures suggest i really fancy it to run a big race tomorrow but will be following it closely in the coming months on the AW circuit no matter what happens as i feel there is plenty more to come from this horse. :hope

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 1.45 CHELTENHAM~ .25 E/W SAFARI JOURNEY 25/1 WH~.25 E/W PEPLUM 40/1 BS (NOT GAR) SJ is stable 2nd string but ran a sound race in this last year 4lb less to carry should give good account despite Richard Johnson deciding to ride the more fancied stable runner. Peplum is a massive price and has a chance of getting into the frame if he runs up to his 2nd at Sandown in March and this shorter trip may just suit.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 1.10 CHELTENHAM .75 WIN PIGEON ISLAND PP 12/1~ .5 WIN QUATTROCENTO 18/1 BETFRED PI can be a really monkey and does make mistakes in his race but is a talented horse on his day and has won a couple at the track, course form means a hell of a lot here. Not a great price but stable are in very good form. Quattrocento went of Fav in this last year and was very disapointing has a chance to make amends here off a lighter weight and is a CD winner.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag"

3.30 CHELTENHAM .25 E/W ON ALL 3 KAUTO RELKO 33/1 SKYBET ~DANTARI 33/1 PP~GEORGIAN KING 33/1 BOYLES SPORT
Three outsider in a wide open contest. Dantari is better than form figures suggest. GK is on a handy mark and will have ground to suit. KR Ran ok here in march and can now step up on that. Small stakes big prices is the way to go in this race imo.

7.45 WOLVES NAMIR ' date='25 E/W VC 28/1[/quote'] May look a strange pick but thats me! None from 26 on the AW for the Moody Namir and could be argued 5f beat trip but has few decent AW runs and limited runs over 6f. Needs to get away on terms to have a chance but has a good draw worth a squeak at the price.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 1.55 CHELTENHAM~ .5 E/W HEY BIG SPENDER 16/1 VC 1/4 1-3 Top weight good on his day can throw in the odd stinker esp if he hits a fence early tends to lose interest but goes well fresh and is a course winner 2.35 CHELTENHAM~ .5 E/W PP 18/1 BOG 1-5 QUANTITATIVEEASING~As big as 25/1 with some bookies but PP paying 5 places. Nicky Henderson 2nd string but has a decent chance ran a cracker here in march when 2nd to Divers should reverse that form here. Trainer in hot form owner not he could do with a winner or he will be down to his last few million soon!~.75 WIN GREAT ENDEAVOUR 12/1 PP ~Likes this race and good record at track and yard have hit top form. 3.10 CHELTENHAM~ .5 E/W PETTIFOUR 20/1 LADBROKES~ Has good record over hurdles and gets in here on a very handy mark. Yard like to bang in a Cheltnham winner or two. ~.5 E/W RASLAN 20/1 PP Top yard bang in form this horse is carrying 18lb less than when 4th in this last year :loon top chance today imo.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 2.25 WETHERBY~1PT E/W 14/1 PP~PANCAKE Really fancy this horse to bounce back to form carrying no weight in this C4 race. Has left the Hobbs yard and maybe a new change in the air is what's needed. Back over hurdles will suit the horse a winner off 132 in younger days. Very interesting runner is thrown in on anywhere near best form imo

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 3.55 WETHERBY~.25 E/W PUYOL 50/1 VC~.25 E/W BOCAMIX 33/1 WH Two big fat ones here! Puyol Won a big prized handicap in Ireland when trained there didn't show a lot in two runs last season for unfashonable new trainer. Worth a risk to me at the price and mark dropped another 5lb. Bocamix is the bottom weight and is much better than form figures suggest and is worth taking a chance off this mark.

1.55 CHELTENHAM~ .5 E/W HEY BIG SPENDER 16/1 VC 1/4 1-3 Top weight good on his day can throw in the odd stinker esp if he hits a fence early tends to lose interest but goes well fresh and is a course winner 2.35 CHELTENHAM~ .5 E/W PP 18/1 BOG 1-5 QUANTITATIVEEASING~As big as 25/1 with some bookies but PP paying 5 places. Nicky Henderson 2nd string but has a decent chance ran a cracker here in march when 2nd to Divers should reverse that form here. Trainer in hot form owner not he could do with a winner or he will be down to his last few million soon!~.75 WIN GREAT ENDEAVOUR 12/1 PP ~Likes this race and good record at track and yard have hit top form. 3.10 CHELTENHAM~ .5 E/W PETTIFOUR 20/1 LADBROKES~ Has good record over hurdles and gets in here on a very handy mark. Yard like to bang in a Cheltnham winner or two. ~.5 E/W RASLAN 20/1 PP Top yard bang in form this horse is carrying 18lb less than when 4th in this last year :loon top chance today imo.
decent effort mate, 12/1 winner 3 places at 20/1, 20/1 and 25/1!!!

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" Cheers Guys :ok The thread is coming on too just two months old and so nearly to doubling the bank NTD runner led over 2 out but just got done on the line have to say i thought he had it in the bag after the last och that hurt :\ awell it wasn't all gloom as for the second Sat in a row had the first two home in one the big Handicaps. 12/1 winner three 20/1 place makes it another top day for the thread. :cheers Ted Bank~196.92 Profit~96.92

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 2.20 CHELTENHAM~1PT WIN 9/1 PP A MEDI LUZ Travelled like a dream last time blew up late on would like to think thats what it was due to lack of fitness rather than weak in a finish time will tell but i think it was the former and this 4yo has a big career in front of it top trainer who is bang in form and plenty of dosh for it a fair bit shorter than i would normally back in these types of races but i do think this horse is a good un! .25 E/W HARRY TRICKER 80/1 VC is very much a forgotten horse but i'm willing to give him a chance in this as he was 2nd two years ago to the classy Khyber Kim. Needed run lto is very much better than that imo and price is huge and i will be on over a 100 on BF!!