** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Return of Ted's "Bag A Rag" ( Again)

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 4.05 YORK .25 E/W ON BOTH KALDOUM KINGDOM 20/1 LAD & CASTLES IN THE AIR 40/1 VC. Have been following the latter over a cliff but just feel its a lot better than shown on most of this years runnings. No money around for it you think there would be if the owner fancied it but i just feel 40's is a massive price on some old form. The former is back down to fair mark can run the odd stinker but has won here Hanagan's choice of stable runners.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 5.15 YORK FASTNET STORM .75 E/W 25/1 BOYLES Big price. Handy mark. Has won in higher grades than this. Gibbo back on board today and trainer has had four winners this month from small amount of runners. Fancy it to go really well massive price imo. 5.15 YORK DHAULAR DHAR .25 E/W 28/1 BOYLES The old boy has fell well down the weights and is down in grade. Showed he still capable of putting a performance as was the case late July at Doncaster. May just surprise the young uns.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 8.5 pts bet the last couple of days just a couple of placers at 20's & 25's for a 5.22 return. BANK 175.40 On todays bets first one i had to throw up quickly as price was going with most firms best priced 25's now will go off shorter imo. 2.35 GOODWOOD PISCEAN .5 E/W Stan James 33/1 Running very well on the AW and is on a mark in the high 90's gets in here off 88. Didn't get away on terms at Haydock lto will forgive that and a bold show likely here plenty of money coming for it. Will be held up early but will be flying at the finish!

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag"

8.5 pts bet the last couple of days just a couple of placers at 20's & 25's for a 5.22 return. BANK 175.40 On todays bets first one i had to throw up quickly as price was going with most firms best priced 25's now will go off shorter imo. 2.35 YORK PISCEAN .5 E/W Stan James 33/1 Running very well on the AW and is on a mark in the high 90's gets in here off 88. Didn't get away on terms at Haydock lto will forgive that and a bold show likely here plenty of money coming for it. Will be held up early but will be flying at the finish!
Its Hugh Taylor's pick Ted!

I see thats why false money for it well real money but false price. Ah well i'm happy i played at 33's as i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now.
Aye false gamble in essence, but in saying that you got a good price no matter what happens! And looking at the form it has a chance, has won 3 of its 6 starts at the track!

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 3.45 CURRAGH~ .75 WIN MARREK 12/1 LADBROKES ~BLUE DAHLIA .25 25/1 WIN BET365 Really very impressed with the way this horse won here in a handicap lto and i really think it can step up to this level today only slight worry is why Lordan who has been on board for all three wins isn't on board today but chooses to ride Blue Dahlia instead so for that reason a small win on that also.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 4.15 CURRAGH .75 WIN ENGLISH SUMMER WH~0.5 E/W DEUTSCHLAND 33/1 STAN JAMES. English Summer comes over here from the red hot Mark Johnston yard and owned by the good doctor who won the English version of this yesterday. Horse is running well and is on a fair weight should go close trainers horses do well on these shores. The dual purpose Mullins horse is a very big price imo although it hasn't won for a long time can take a hand off this mark.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 8.10 KEMPTON~0.25 E/W 66/1 PP MISSIONARE Out of form at the mo but may bounce back here. All three runs on the AW have came here but ran off 83 in a C2 on last occasion only 68 here in a C5! Will most likely try to make all. 8.40 KEMPTON~LISAHANE BOG 28/1 VC 0.25 E/W Another one out of sorts of late but much better than that was 2nd to Kames Park here in April double the price of that one a bit better off at the weights tonight if you take claimers allowance and he is a good un imo. Slow away at times needs to be in the mood but is capable of a show. 9.10 KEMPTON~RADIATOR ROONEY 11/1 VC 0.5 E/W Pops up every so often top jock booked 1/2 on the horse bold show likely. Poor show here lto but step back up to 6F may do the trick.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 8.50 KEMPTON .5 E/W BOYLESPORTS 14/1 BALLINA BLUE~ Is the interesting runner here. Unshipped rider early on first try over hurdles lto put back over the flat here for first run in a handicap given a fair looking mark upped to 2 miles i think will suit this horse trainers last four runner over hurdles has produced 2 1st & 2 2nd. Question marks about most of these so good a chance as any imo.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 2.25 ASCOT~0.25 E/W LIBRANNO 40/1 BET365 Hell of a price for the Hannon 3yo which interestingly Fallon is booked for the spare ride! Poor run in France three runs back and has to bit to find with a few of these on that and can be forgiving lto as a mile was to far for the horse sandwich in between that was a Group 3 win at Goodwood when fought back to win could trouble these at what is a massive price.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" In the last at Ascot you pay your money and take your chance as 29 go to post for the app handicap and i'll take to e/w at massive prices the top weight drawn low and the bottom weight drawn high.0.25 E/W WOODCOTE PLACE 66/1 SJ Not without a chance won easily a C5 at Goodwood in August althoughh tis is a big stepup has ran well since and is in good form. 0.25 E/W VC AXIOM 66/1 Has won two C2 off 94 & 99 ran really well lto and may pop up very soon. (now gone 50's)

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" Another biggie. 8.00 WOLVERHAMPTON SKY BUT N BEN 0.25 75.00 W O.25 P ?? ON BF First run for new stable after disappointing over hurdles. First try at 2miles on the flat has won at the distance over hurdles. I really like the Irish Jock who gets the leg up deffo he is one to watch for the future and does well when teamed up with trainer Burke and also Channon.

8.30 WOLVES ~FOLLY DROVE .25 E/W 16/1 SPORTING BET
16's is to big a price for this one imo. Won here on only try on the AW off 2lb lower. This is a bit further but should be in there pitching at the death. Left turf form behind when won here last time and needs to do the same but 16's is a good e/w price.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 5.15 BATH~ Trappy race fav Seeking Magic has a fighting chance put way too short for me at 4/1 the rank outsider Dream Catcher 50/1 isn't without a chance nor is One Way Or Another who drops to this level for the fist time but i'll go for two at 0.25 e/w CALDECRUIX 20/1 VC Won a couple over further when with Tom Tate first try at this distance today and might just surprise off a handy mark DIAMOND VINE 25/1 PP Probert has a first and second from two rides on this horse. The bottom weight won a nursery here and carries 4lb less here i can see another big run here with DP booked.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 2.00 BATH~WELSH DANCER 33/1 PP 0.25 A speculative punt on a horse having first run for third trainer already! This horse has been highly tried at time back to sprinting will suit this horse imo. Gets in here off a rock bottom mark trainer has three in this and two in the last he could have a good day. 4.10 BATH~ MAGICALMYSTERYTOUR .5 WIN 10/1 BET 365 ~ O.25 E/W PELHAM CRESCENT 22/1 WH A win bet on MMT who has yet to win this year but is on a very handy mark here better run LTO and drop in distance will suit will go close in this today imo. A e/w bet on PC who has been a fine servant to connections over the year is on a high mark but still capable of a bold show round here having won three times at this gaff. Pittodrie Star is also a danger and is a decent price. Bank 171.53pts

2.00 BATH~WELSH DANCER 33/1 PP 0.25 A speculative punt on a horse having first run for third trainer already! This horse has been highly tried at time back to sprinting will suit this horse imo. Gets in here off a rock bottom mark trainer has three in this and two in the last he could have a good day. 0.25 E/W that should read.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" MAXIMUM BET 5.00 LINGFIELD~ 2PTS E/W BRANDYWELL BOY 25/1 BOYLESPORTS Eleven go to post with three 10yo & two 8yo present a couple of 3yo thrown in and i think them two are the main dangers to my selection. BB is one if not my Favourite horse still in training so forgive me if i'm betting a little bit from the heart BUT i believe it has a stonking e/w chance off bouncing back to form here. Has a very good track record overall here with three 1st's & 5 2nds mixed in. Had a cracking year last year recording four wins the last of which was here off 72 indeed 09 was good also with four wins. Has not been in the winning or place enclosures this year... yet. The useful Chris Catlin keeps the ride after poor effort from the two of them last week off this mark but forget that, as it was over 7f! 25/1 is a total insult to this horse the high draw doesn't worry me in the slightest as he has won here previously from a wide barrier in smallish fields and seem equally effective over 5f & 6f. I'm expecting a huge run tomorrow :hope Opening Bank 100pts Current Bank 167.53pts

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" BB was 5th a bit disappointing but still think he has another race in him. 8.50 KEMPTON~ BIG BAY 0.25 W44.00 0.75 P11.00 ON BF Big price for this one (33/1 VC) who likes it here and is lower than last winning mark and decent claimer on will help. Last run was poor on turf but much more at home on the AW.

7.00 KEMPTON 1PT WIN HI SPEC 14/1 SJ 9.00 KEMPTON 1PT WIN BRANDYWELL BOY 12/1 SJ 0.5 EW DOUBLE SJ
Ok its a 3pt bet on two old favs of mine both out of form at the mo but both with decent chances tonight in poor races. HI SPEC is reunited with Adam Kirby who does well for trainer. C7 is as good as it gets for this horse has a couple of CD wins. BRANDYWELL BOY as you can see i backed this horse a few times down to a low mark has a very good claimer on who has won 6 times on the horse including here. Backed with SJ as i think both will be backed.