** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Return of Ted's "Bag A Rag" ( Again)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag"

I fancy a couple today that i tipped upon this thread before. 2.40 CURRAGH .75 E/W MAAREK 16/1 BET365 BOG PAYING 5 PLACES Think this price is generous although it is a big field and it looks wide open bookies going 10/1 the field confirms that. Ran a cracker at Ayr last week and if that hasn't taken to much out of the horse can run a big race again.
:nana Easy winner

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" :sad Still haven't been moved to the ATR section. Going to have a bet tonight although i missed the early price. Lucky last at Kempton .75 E/W CELTIC SULTAN 9/1 PP. On an alltime low mark of just 79 dropped to a C4. Franny Norton 1/1 on he horse was gambled on opened 11/2 won at 3's that day. Can see it being a lot shorter than 9's come the off . Trainers horses seemed to have turned the corner so doesn't worry that plenty of duck eggs beside its name. Will lead from the front and will be hard to pass tonight.

:sad Still haven't been moved to the ATR section. Going to have a bet tonight although i missed the early price. Lucky last at Kempton .75 E/W CELTIC SULTAN 9/1 PP. On an alltime low mark of just 79 dropped to a C4. Franny Norton 1/1 on he horse was gambled on opened 11/2 won at 3's that day. Can see it being a lot shorter than 9's come the off . Trainers horses seemed to have turned the corner so doesn't worry that plenty of duck eggs beside its name. Will lead from the front and will be hard to pass tonight.
:nana Another Rag for the Bag :nana

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" Trainer has gone from very cold to very hot worth keeping an eye on his runners although doesn't have that many entries. Another 8.1 pts profit. Small bets on decent to big priced horses seems to be working at the mo. The cold spell will come but hopefully i will have a healthy profit to weather it with out to much damage as long as i keep the bets small which is the plan. Current Bank 183.35 PTS Profit 83.35 PTS ....ATR here i come :unsure....or not....

Nice going Ted :clap:clap:clap If you really need it moved why not message one of the Mods such as Bowles, He will advise if it warrants moving :ok
moved to ATR main forum page as requested Ted. As per PM's exchanged, please ensure that the reasoning is adequate and P/L account kept up to date No problem with that and your persistence has paid off Lets hope the thread continues with the success to date :ok

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 5.45 WOLVES RIO SANDS 25/1 PP .25 E/W~ WOTATOBOY 12/1 .5 E/W SKYBET Both horses from the same trainer who horse are not starting to hit form. RS is 1 lb out of the weights which ain't a lot, drop to 5f will suit. Stable jock on top could to a lot better than of late worth a small play at the price. Wotatoboy is a lot shorter in price but is in better form 1st try at 5f here at wolves Lady app on top and she is decent.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" No good tonight but i think rio sands can pick up a small race at some stage. Bank 181.85pts 3.50 ASCOT .5 E/W DREAM EATER 25/1 BET365~Top wight has been running in top company and given a fair handicap mark here imo and has a 7lb claimer on. Back to best trip here and i wouldn't write this horse off to quickly. .75 E/W ATLANTIC SPORT 25/1 LADBROKES~Long overdue a win gets a chance here by the handicapper. Good run here last month in smilar race and i think Channon will have him spot on for this and i used to really like Culhane in the saddle not as good as he used to be but the little bugger can still boot the odd winner or two home. .75 E/W AL KHALEE 22/1 BOYLESPORT~A bit of a mixed bag from this horse this year but if the same one that turned up at Newmarket early August last year it willl have a hell of a chance here imo. Will have come on for last months run and i think its overpriced i'm expecting a big run fom the bottom weight. All BOG 1/4 4 PLACES

moved to ATR main forum page as requested Ted. As per PM's exchanged, please ensure that the reasoning is adequate and P/L account kept up to date No problem with that and your persistence has paid off Lets hope the thread continues with the success to date :ok
Thanks to all Mods.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" Thanks to everyone for your support:ok 4.00 REDCAR~.25 E/W IMELDA MAYHEM 33/1 PP 4 PLACES Not my bag really these sort of races but think this one has a bit of an e/w squeak. Carrying the least weight here and is good form has a couple of wins to its name this is tougher put may have more to give and she is fitted with the cheek pieces for the first time. Trainer has three in the race and i think this is his best chance.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 5.10 REDCAR .25 E/W MEY BLOSSOM 33/1 BOYLESPORTS Can't resist a bet at the price on this horse who is totally out of form and the stable haven't been in great form all year either but are now starting to hit a few winners. This horse won five handicaps last year start at a mark of 58 and ended up winning off 76 carries 67 here has a decent draw and trainers horses can return to form from nowhere and gets plenty of big priced winners. Worth a bet on what looks a massive price on old form may be the rank outsider here but has squeak imo.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" Ho good yesterday a5pt loss although Imelda Mayhem ran a good race btn a nose for 4th by 50/1 stable mate! One bet today it goes over in France in the 2nd race .5 e/w SOLE POWER 8/1 WH. This Irish trained runner has proved its worth by winning a couple of top races and can take this forget last run that was over 6f has plenty in its favour today and i'm sure trainer will have horse horse fine tuned for a tilt at this. Go the Power :hope. Bank 175.85

One bet today it goes over in France in the 2nd race .5 e/w SOLE POWER 8/1 WH. This Irish trained runner has proved its worth by winning a couple of top races and can take this forget last run that was over 6f has plenty in its favour today and i'm sure trainer will have horse horse fine tuned for a tilt at this. Go the Power :hope.
A bit unlucky there SP didn't get the rub of the green nevertheless a bit of profit on the day. Bank 177.35

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 8.10 KEMPTON .5 E/W GALLANTRY 28/1 BOYLESPORT Certainly worth a small play at these odds in this imo. Yet to get in the winners enclosure for current trainer. Has two ways of running just hope he's in the mood tonight but pops up every so often and is back from a spell. Last three wins have came at the track & distance has 11 wins in 106 races and the 9yo is capable of picking up a C6 on the AW imo.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 6.50 WOLVES 0.75 E/W TABARET 16/1 PP Probably best on turf but i gives Tab's a chance tonight off this very low mark and in a poor C6 race. Stable have turned the corner and now that they have wouldn't be surprised if this horse goes very close in this. No money so far for it but the stable like a gamble any late dosh on it would be a plus. TC is an interesting booking!

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 7.50 WOLVES .25 E/W HI SPEC 25/1 BET 365 Needed the run lto. pops up every now and again and has won a couple here although all wins have been in the lowest of the low (C7) but can to lot better than last time and this is only a C6 has a squeak and has been placed at big prices.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" Lucky last at wolves PAGAN STEPS .25 E/W ON BF W34 P7.8 Irish raid who ran best race lto and has a chance in this poor race i'm sure connections are not here for the fun of it and Cathy Gannon booked who rode a nice winner last night worth a small bet on BF at those odds imo.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" Update. Gallantry ran a good race last night put couldn't reach the leaders and finished 5th still capable of picking up another race imo. On to tonight Hi Spec also finished 5th was up there for a while but faded late on.The Irish raider pulled the arms out of Cathy Gannon and ran no sort of race. My old mate Tabaret ran a blinder (SP 22/1) beaten by an improver and a red hot Jock who i think will end up being this seasons champ watch your back PH! Bank 178.68pts Profit 78.68pts Happy with how its panning out so far most of my picks have ran well even those that didn't produced profit thats pleasing as the majority were double figure prices. Still very early days yet though. Thought i had my staking plan on here but i haven't :$ Max Win 4pts or 2pts E/W Minimum .25 or .25 E/W Mostly bookies early price with BOG will be used but sometimes BF or SP when no price up before i go to work will be used. :cheers TTW

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 3.05 YORK 1PT E/W SNOW BAY 20/1 BOYLESPORTS A bit of money around for this horse already was 22's with PP earlier they have cut it to 16's. This horse hit the ground running when joining the handicap king in April this year winning its first two starts a C4 worth 3grand off a mark off 82 and a C3 8grand race off 87 ran well after that including in a C3 here in July when 2nd off 94 (beat Barren Brook 3/4L caring 10lb more level weights today BB is 9/1 today:loon) has went off the boil since but gets into this C2 off 90 forget last start reared when leaving the gates lost all chance if it gets away ok here will be up with the pace and will be hard to beat. Overpriced at 20's imo.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 3.50 NEWMARKET .5 E/W MYSTERY STAR 40/1 PP 1-5 BOG Ran a cracker in the Chester cup at 50/1 off this mark if he brings that form to the table has a chance with a good draw. 3.50 NEWMARKET .5 E/W BERNIE THE BOLT 33/1 LADBROKES 1-5 BOG Ladbrokes have this one priced up a lot higher than the other bookies! On a high enough mark and has been off over a year but if back to its best this CD will go well an easy winner of a C2 at Ascot last year over 2miles goes on any ground and has a good draw and 33's is to big will go off shorter imo.

Re: Ted's "Bag A Rag" 2.20 YORK .5 E/W BARNEY McGREW 25/1 LADBROKES This horse is totally out of form but has bounced back from nowhere before and i think today could be his day to do just that. Has won over CD last win was off 100 just 84 today a very hot and cold horse could finish last put has the potential to win if puts in and will bounce back hopefully today.