** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September SUNDERLAND V STOKE CITY HOME WIN @ 2.37 BLUESQ Posting this one up quite early as i expect the price will drop for anyone wishing to follow this. At the odds available Sunderland DNB might be worthwhile too however, i'm confident enough to back Sunderland outright. H2H since Stoke promotion to Premier League Sunderland 2 v 0 Stoke Sunderland 0 v 0 Stoke Sunderland 2 v 0 Stoke Stoke come into this game after an exhausting trip to Ukraine and they also put in a very big effort to gain a very decent point. I fancy they will get use to the european nights and prem football but given this is the first time they've experienced this and also given that the game v Kiev was likely the hardest they'll play in the group, i can see them losing. Especially considering they haven't scored in their last 3 matches at the Stadium of Light. Obviously i/we need to consider if Sunderland are good enough to take advantage of Stoke's circumstances. They've yet to record a win and although that is slightly worrying when we look closer they've had some tough fixtures. I also believe they will be extra motivated to get that first win out of the way. If we look over Bruce's record, he tends to start seasons very well and only falters after xmas time. Another factor which lends itself to the home win. I don't think everything is all rosy at sunderland but they do have a quality midfield and i think that will be the most crucial area, with sunderland being able to dominate Stokes tired legs and minds after their trip to Kiev. Superb odds for the home win given all the cirucmstances/factors and recent H2H. I like to keep a tally of my A star bets, so far main ones have included Wigan to beat QPR, Crewe to beat Barnet, Espanyol to beat Bilbao and a few others. Basically all my A stars have come off so far this season. I put this bet at the top of the list and imo the best bet of the season so far obviously linked to odds. SUNDERLAND HW @ 2.37 :hope

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5pts Fulham v Man City - City -1AH @ 2.00 Bet365 More than happy to take City on the handicap at this price. I can't see anything other than a City win so hopefully a stake returned is a minimum. City play tonight but with the squad and quality they have available we should see no problems with any fatigue. Fulham on the other hand play in the UEFA cup tomorrow and have so such luxuries in terms of squad depth. City have recorded 2 away wins this season scoring 8 goals and conceding 3. On the back of their recent 5-1 away win in London over Spurs, (and although we were awful) they showed a real attacking intent that I think will cause Fulham plenty of problems. Fulham have so far to register a home win in 2 draws against Blackburn and Villa - Teams nowhere near the level of City. I also like the fact that City play knowing that Man Utd will have a very tough game against Chelsea on the Sunday. This is a chance for them to set down another marker and put some pressure on United ahead of their big match. GL 2 ALL
Bet of the week for me. Will follow. GL!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Man.United – Chelsea Apart from their opening fixture against Stoke, Chelsea have scored in all of their games and look good up front. Man.United is also good in attack and they have scored in all of their games this season. Man.United will be without Vidic and I believe it is a big factor in a game against Chelsea. Chelsea are already 2 points behind from both Manchester teams and a loss here will increase the gap to 5 points and I don’t expect Chelsea to sit in defense because it is always dangerous against United especially at Old Trafford. I am personally leaning towards a score draw here, but considering Man.United style who quite often snatch a win in the last minutes of the game I will take a safer option. Both to Score @ 1.91 (5 units) William Hill

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Bolton vs Norwich Bolton 5/6 10/10 Both teams to score: No EVS 10/10 Also considering a Bolton -1.5 but not placed bet yet Bolton are a very experienced side and Owen Coyle is a good manager that provides plenty of encouragement. They will want a result after the big loss to Manchester united. As for the both teams to score i feel both teams are good front-runners and Norwich will defend heartily if they take the lead. If bolton take an early lead i see them netting 2 or 3 and winning to nil because I feel the bolton defence is just too experienced to let norwich through. Sure, norwich can take an early goal when its 0 - 0 but I feel bolton doesnt play well after going behind and end up losing by lots more goals. Examples i can think of is the 5 - 0 defeat to stoke last season in the cup, recent 5 - 0 defeat to united and 3 - 1 defeat to liverpool (they scored in the last minute which was a defensive mistake) but otherwise big defeats. To contrast it shows when they are ahead, crazy and desprate teams such as QPR and Norwich will crumble and bolton will go on to score more, eg QPR 0 - 4 bolton.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Watched Newcastle a few times already this season and they have been rather lucky thus far... the QPR match just summed this up! If QPR had a striker of premiership quality it could have been 3 or 4 nil. Their biggest worry is clearly their inability to score goals... and if you can't score goals against rejects Gabiddon, Anton Ferdinand and Traore you have little hope against this Villa defence. Aston Villa clean sheet@ 2/1 Ladbrokes

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September BOLTON V NORWICH OVER 2.5 GOALS ODDS : 1.85 BLUESQ Alongisde Sunderland to win, i think that's me done in the prem this weekend. There are a few other tempting bets like Spurs DNB, Villa win but at the moment i'm leaving it at this. I can really give much reason for taking the overs tbh. I think Norwich have a goal in them but i mainly believe Bolton will put a few past them ie 3 +. I don't think Norwich will be able to cope with Boltons strength up top and Bolton can also pass it about alittle too. Not much reasoning i'm afraid, Just can't imagine a low scoring game.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Not putting anything on untill tomorow when i can see what kind of teams they put out, but i like the look of a treble for saturday, Arsenal, Bolton and Villa to win, odds are 6.58 @ Betfair which looks good value. Blackburn aren't playing well at the minute, the fans are planning a protest and i can see them getting on the players backs as Arsenal love to keep the ball. Villa have had a steady start and dont concede too many under Mcleish, newcastle on the other hand seem to be struggling to score at the minute. Bolton are an established Premier league team, Norwich seem to be finding it tough at the minute and i can see a home win here.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September BLACKBURN V ARSENAL HOME DNB 3.30 BLUESQ I think Wengers time is up now mainly from his comments the other day when he stated he buys smaller players duw to their technical style, even CB!. That tells me Wenger has learnt nothing from the past 5 seasons without a trophy proven by the buys/loans of Mertesacker, Benayoun and Arteta. To win the league or cup in this country you need to pass it about with the best of them but also be able to mix it up and grind out those results on a cold winters night at Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn etc... This isn't a cold winters night fixture, but it is a game that comes around on the back of Arsenal being poor in every game so far this season no matter if they won/drew or lost. If Pat Rice thinks they've turned a corner well that is more worrying to me and that deluded confidence will halt their progress imo. They were lucky to draw with Dortmund, Fortunate to beat Udinese, got hammered at Old trafford and picked up a point at Newcastle (who were under strength) Yet the bookies expect/want us to back a team in that form, with so many disappointing performances at 1.80 ish !!! Crazy ! Of course Blackburn need to be able to take advantage of Arsenals circumstances/form and i believe they can. They have started quite poorly but they picked up a decent point away at Fulham last time out. The home defeat to Wolves, they were very under strength. They always lose at Villa and how they didn't beat Everton at home after missing 2 pens and several chances is anyones guess. But the performances more than the results suggest everything isn't as bad as it looks at first glance. The fans will be protesting i believe, which isn't encouraging however that may anger and stir the manager/players into battling hard for the 3 points. It could very well unite/bond the dressing room. The H2H record, past 5 meetings is blackburn 1 draw 1 Arsenal 3 but i think it's irrevelant in this fixture given the changes Arsenal have had and their current bad form. Blackburn always give Arsenal a good game and most games are tight. To conclude, @ 3.30 Blackburn DNB smells of value to me and imo backing Arsenal is crazy. It may seem like a risky bet but every bet is risky and for me the signs are their that Arsenal wont win. Signs both teams contribute to : mainly Blackburn last 2 games have performed very well (everton home and fulham away) Arsenal are in mess and regardless of points picked up have performed badly in every game. That's me done on the prem def now : Blackburn DNB Sunderland win Bolton over 2.5 goals Good luck

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Premier football might not be my best league, but sometimes there is good bets to follow there aswell. Everton - Wigan I am surprised that Everton was given a goal to beat against Wigan. Surely Wigan are not a bad team and Everton not a top team. I simply cant see past fact that Everton is probably not so big fav. as books suggest and Everton will suffer the syndrom of missing Arteta. To high hcp here and value on Wigan. Wigan +1 @ 2.09 sbobet Aston Villa - Newcastle In this one I was thinking mainly about unders, payed excellent (1.92), but as the bets looks just to good to be true I rather go on home win. Newcastle imo overperforming and i am pretty sure, Villa has superior side on their hands. Both defences are very solid, but Newcastle miss goalscorers. So i see it as 55-45 game in Aston Villa favour add to that home advantage and value is here. Aston Villa -0.5 @ 1.96 sbobet last one is Sunderland - Stoke Immense value here, Stoke played in Euro league and had a trip to Ukraine and now regenaration period will be short. I see it as a draw game overall, but odds on Sunderland are just too good to miss out. Both teams have solid squads, defences are packed with quality and hopefully Gyan leaving is has now setlled the attack problems for Bruce. Teams with similar quality, Sunderland will fight for first win this season, home audience, freshness for Sunderland and great odds all make me go for them, with a bit of caution for half ball. Sunderland -0.25 @ 2.06 sbobet

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September

First of all the champions league should be viewed with some contrast to the premier league but Arsenal played fairly solid against Dortmund and reduced the German team to creating very little in terms of actual goal scoring opportunities. Dortmund had good pressure play as we were all expecting but were a little toothless IMO. A draw was the fair result and there were a lot of encouraging signs for Arsenal including the fact that they didn't naively launch wave after wave of all-out attack in that rather self destructive Blackpoolesque manor. In terms of quality of personnel Blackburn should be higher than they are at present, unfortunately they have developed a bit of a losing mentality under Steve Kean. Kean is under pressure and knows that large sections of the Blackburn faithful are calling for his head. Whether this added pressure transmits itself to the Blackburn team performance is dependant on how much the players want to fight for him. Arsenal are becoming less soft centred and look like they are developing the ability to grind results out rather than just attacking teams to death. Song is vital and I also believe Frimpong can be a fantastic premier league midfielder, he has strength and fight aswell as technical ability. Losing Fabregas is a blow but Arteta is a more than capable replacement and he stuck his body on the line V Dortmund which is very encouraging for Wenger as he needs that grit and fight. Fabregas is a great player but unfortuantely his time at Arsenal was synonymous with failure and sometimes big changes can actually be positive. Nasri's contribution cannot be so easily be replaced as he was a great premier league player. Clichy added nothing to Arsenal IMO and he will not be missed, Man City wasted £8m on a player riddled with defensive errors, good luck to them. Gibbs had a fantastic game V Dortmund by the way. The biggest problem for Arsenal this weekend will be Blackburns physicallity. Arsenal are great away from home in the EPL but still struggle at places like Stoke. Ewood is never an easy place to come away with all 3pts and for me this game should be a no-bet situation. Arsenal getting better and better and appear to be learning lessons from the past but a little risky to bet on them to get all 3pts this weekend I feel after a high energy performance away to Dortmund.
I disagree with almost every word written here, sorry Das Phantom. Just don't think Arsenal are anywhere near their potential yet and still need 2-4 players. I'll be very suprised if they get a top 4 spot this season and i don't think it'd be a massive shock to see them finish 6th.

I disagree with almost every word written here, sorry Das Phantom. Just don't think Arsenal are anywhere near their potential yet and still need 2-4 players. I'll be very suprised if they get a top 4 spot this season and i don't think it'd be a massive shock to see them finish 6th.
Don't apologise friend, it's just my views but they appear to have gone down like a bucket of cold sick on here. Arsenal seem to divide opinion rather more than most at present, I think the Blackburn game is quite murky with a lot of question marks for both teams. I wouldn't want to oppose Arsenal but I won't back them for reasons I've already outlined. A clear no-bet game in my view.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Just wanted to pick up on a few points here :)

First of all the champions league should be viewed with some contrast to the premier league but Arsenal played fairly solid against Dortmund and reduced the German team to creating very little in terms of actual goal scoring opportunities. Dortmund had good pressure play as we were all expecting but were a little toothless IMO. A draw was the fair result and there were a lot of encouraging signs for Arsenal including the fact that they didn't naively launch wave after wave of all-out attack in that rather self destructive Blackpoolesque manor.
My view of the Dortmund game is that it was very reminiscent of how Arsenal can be, in giving three points away late in the game. Whilst it could be considered that they are grinding out results, the way I see it, Arsenal right now seem to have more of a desperation about them because they haven't got the confidence that they can see games out.
Arsenal are becoming less soft centred and look like they are developing the ability to grind results out rather than just attacking teams to death. Song is vital and I also believe Frimpong can be a fantastic premier league midfielder, he has strength and fight aswell as technical ability. Losing Fabregas is a blow but Arteta is a more than capable replacement and he stuck his body on the line V Dortmund which is very encouraging for Wenger as he needs that grit and fight. Fabregas is a great player but unfortuantely his time at Arsenal was synonymous with failure and sometimes big changes can actually be positive. Nasri's contribution cannot be so easily be replaced as he was a great premier league player. Clichy added nothing to Arsenal IMO and he will not be missed, Man City wasted £8m on a player riddled with defensive errors, good luck to them. Gibbs had a fantastic game V Dortmund by the way.
Two things here - Firstly I completely disagree about Frimpong. After watching the games he's been involved in, I think he lacks all the qualities to play in that position. He seems to show no composure and his decision making is a little rash at times. Definitely against Liverpool he was all over the place. Secondly, whilst I think Arteta is a quality player I don't think he'll have the energy or enthusiasm to become even half the player Fabregas was. He's also quite injury prone now that he's approaching the last few years of his career. I honestly think Everton saw the best of him.
Forgot to mention Van Persie is leading the team' date=' experienced, world class player - his goal and all-round performance V Dortmund was sensational, they wont go far wrong with him as captain let me tell you.[/quote'] I disagree here too. I think Arsenal have always lacked a little bit of leadership and decisive qualities throughout the team, and I'm never a big fan of strikers as Captains because they're usually very naturally selfish and tend to stay too far away from the heart of the action. The decision to give Van Persie the Captains armband was taken purely to give him some incentive to stay at the Emirates. The same reason Cesc was given the armband. Neither are what I would call particularly strong leaders. Wenger's just given the armband to the best player at the club, simple as that. Agree though that it's a tough fixture to call. Although Arsenal have a pretty decent record up at Ewood Park, you can't discount the fact Arsenal are in transition again, and the recent dramas at Blackburn, which are sure to play a part. Tough to call.

Don't apologise friend' date=' it's just my views but they appear to have gone down like a bucket of cold sick on here. Arsenal seem to divide opinion rather more than most at present, I think the Blackburn game is quite murky with a lot of question marks for both teams. I wouldn't want to oppose Arsenal but I won't back them for reasons I've already outlined. A clear no-bet game in my view.[/quote'] I agree and understand you swerving this game. Blackburn weren't in my list of favs for the weekend but after further thought i think 3.30 dnb is good odds for a side that when at full strength (ish) performed excellently against everton and got a hard worked point at fulham. That says to me that the players do and will play for Kean but of course if Arsenal turn up they will likely win. Will Arsenal turn up though? Imo they wont, i think they are at their team strength and mental weakest for many a season and even before now they've made hard work of many fixtures. I think it's going to be a season much like Liverpool last year, a poor start, much turmoil, transition and a final push for europe last 10 games or so.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Arsenal 10/11 William Hill

william hill previous gone qpr this just see scoring enough proven premier league striker struggle year. wolves hand more solid back year took majority expect same again with extra away keep them up before day season. utd didn chelsea through week how played did stadium light saturday wasn impressed if must b honest kind agree torres comment getting old not side once where as united opposite full confidence. gut feeling fancy why though. support sunderland recommend us weekend understand stoke being kiev long trip we chances still players play come into squad go draw personally.>

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Blackburn v Arsenal A good point by Profit Prophet regarding Arsenal's price. They've traded around the 1.8 mark for the last couple of seasons. Given all the hullabaloo this season I'd have expected a bigger price. One could say this is balanced by what's currently happening at Blackburn but I personally think the fans are overreacting. They have been a tad unfortunate in some games, the Everton game certainly springs to mind. If they'd have won that as they should have done it would be them sitting mid table and Everton rock bottom. There's such fine margins at play here. I wasn't originally looking at this game but you've certainly given me food for thought with your post Profit Prophet :ok

Blackburn v Arsenal A good point by Profit Prophet regarding Arsenal's price. They've traded around the 1.8 mark for the last couple of seasons. Given all the hullabaloo this season I'd have expected a bigger price. One could say this is balanced by what's currently happening at Blackburn but I personally think the fans are overreacting. They have been a tad unfortunate in some games, the Everton game certainly springs to mind. If they'd have won that as they should have done it would be them sitting mid table and Everton rock bottom. There's such fine margins at play here. I wasn't originally looking at this game but you've certainly given me food for thought with your post Profit Prophet :ok
Blackburn have gone equally downhill imo, although football is a funny game, when you feel a team has absolutely no chance of winning whatsoever, they come out with a top class performance unlike what we've seen so far. The price is fair imo but ill put a v small bet on to keep myself entertained.

Blackburn v Arsenal A good point by Profit Prophet regarding Arsenal's price. They've traded around the 1.8 mark for the last couple of seasons. Given all the hullabaloo this season I'd have expected a bigger price. One could say this is balanced by what's currently happening at Blackburn but I personally think the fans are overreacting. They have been a tad unfortunate in some games, the Everton game certainly springs to mind. If they'd have won that as they should have done it would be them sitting mid table and Everton rock bottom. There's such fine margins at play here. I wasn't originally looking at this game but you've certainly given me food for thought with your post Profit Prophet :ok
Thanks Darwin. I think it is alittle risky but look at Barcelona/Inter/Kiev/Lazio and more midweek.. My advise would be to stay away if money is tight but if you've got abit of money/margin of error to play with then it's a perhaps worth a chance. It's not an A star bet by any means but i think it's the best value from all the markets in this game. Of course value doesn't mean success. Sunderland best bet for me in prem followed by bolton over 2.5, villa, wolves (Both not wrote up yet) and blackburn dnb.

Blackburn have gone equally downhill imo, although football is a funny game, when you feel a team has absolutely no chance of winning whatsoever, they come out with a top class performance unlike what we've seen so far. The price is fair imo but ill put a v small bet on to keep myself entertained.
Personally i think Blackburn haven't strengthened or weakened. They did quite well towards the back end of last season. Wolves and Villa aside where they were under strength and also playing at a ground they perform badly at in recent history they have showed encouraging signs the past 2 games. Perhaps they just need abit of luck. I don't think Arsenal offered anything in Dortmund and i can see the same pattern occuring here. Like alot of bets going against the favs it's trying to judge whether the dogs will win or draw (stoke as eg v kiev or v l'pool last week). For me, overall i can't see Arsenal scoring more than 1 which leaned me towards the Home dnb over draw. All about averages though isn't it, so for all i know Arsenal could put in the performance of their season so far and rack 4 up against them.

Personally i think Blackburn haven't strengthened or weakened. They did quite well towards the back end of last season. Wolves and Villa aside where they were under strength and also playing at a ground they perform badly at in recent history they have showed encouraging signs the past 2 games. Perhaps they just need abit of luck. I don't think Arsenal offered anything in Dortmund and i can see the same pattern occuring here. Like alot of bets going against the favs it's trying to judge whether the dogs will win or draw (stoke as eg v kiev or v l'pool last week). For me, overall i can't see Arsenal scoring more than 1 which leaned me towards the Home dnb over draw. All about averages though isn't it, so for all i know Arsenal could put in the performance of their season so far and rack 4 up against them.
Stoke were battered heavily by liverpool and another day liverpool could have easily score 3-4 goals. Even though stoke invested over £20m and put out a full strength squad out, Kiev were also the better side in the europa league this week and stoke were lucky to get a draw. The odds for blackburn to win are just too short. If i asked you on similar odds if QPR is more likely to beat wolves away or Blackburn to win at home vs Arsenal i'd say QPR seems far more likely. Of course, football has a massive variance and the better team won't always win but its looking gloomy over ewood these days. I can imagine stadium being half-full and chants and banners of "kean out" everywhere. That wont give the manager any encouragement.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Bolton- Norwich=over (1.80) bet365 Bolton position 14 ° points 3 Norwich position 17° points 2 Preview: Bolton: injured: Marcos Alonso (defender 4 / 0), Tyrone Mears (defender 0 / 0), Sean Davis (midfielder 0 / 0), Sam Ricketts (defender 17 / 0), Lee Chung-Yong (midfielder 31 / 3); in doubt: Ricardo Gardner (5 midfielder / 0), Stuart Holden (midfielder 26 / 2). Norwich: injured: Elliott Ward (defender 39 / 1), Daniel Ayala (defender 1 / 0); in doubt: Zak Whitbread (defender 2 / 0), James Vaughan (striker 1 / 0). Bolton has a score of w1-d0-l3 7 goals conceded 11 goals scored while Norwich has a score of w0-d2-l2 3 goals scored 6 goals conceded. Bolton has suffered two heavy defeats with Man Utd and City, but his game is appreciated very offensive. The home team has drilled more than the defense of the tournament with 11 goals conceded in four games. In the end I think this is a game full of action scoring. Quote of the over down on many books. :hope:hope:hope

BLACKBURN V ARSENAL HOME DNB 3.30 BLUESQ I think Wengers time is up now mainly from his comments the other day when he stated he buys smaller players duw to their technical style, even CB!. That tells me Wenger has learnt nothing from the past 5 seasons without a trophy proven by the buys/loans of Mertesacker, Benayoun and Arteta. To win the league or cup in this country you need to pass it about with the best of them but also be able to mix it up and grind out those results on a cold winters night at Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn etc... This isn't a cold winters night fixture, but it is a game that comes around on the back of Arsenal being poor in every game so far this season no matter if they won/drew or lost. If Pat Rice thinks they've turned a corner well that is more worrying to me and that deluded confidence will halt their progress imo. They were lucky to draw with Dortmund, Fortunate to beat Udinese, got hammered at Old trafford and picked up a point at Newcastle (who were under strength) Yet the bookies expect/want us to back a team in that form, with so many disappointing performances at 1.80 ish !!! Crazy ! Of course Blackburn need to be able to take advantage of Arsenals circumstances/form and i believe they can. They have started quite poorly but they picked up a decent point away at Fulham last time out. The home defeat to Wolves, they were very under strength. They always lose at Villa and how they didn't beat Everton at home after missing 2 pens and several chances is anyones guess. But the performances more than the results suggest everything isn't as bad as it looks at first glance. The fans will be protesting i believe, which isn't encouraging however that may anger and stir the manager/players into battling hard for the 3 points. It could very well unite/bond the dressing room. The H2H record, past 5 meetings is blackburn 1 draw 1 Arsenal 3 but i think it's irrevelant in this fixture given the changes Arsenal have had and their current bad form. Blackburn always give Arsenal a good game and most games are tight. To conclude, @ 3.30 Blackburn DNB smells of value to me and imo backing Arsenal is crazy. It may seem like a risky bet but every bet is risky and for me the signs are their that Arsenal wont win. Signs both teams contribute to : mainly Blackburn last 2 games have performed very well (everton home and fulham away) Arsenal are in mess and regardless of points picked up have performed badly in every game. That's me done on the prem def now : Blackburn DNB Sunderland win Bolton over 2.5 goals Good luck
I disagree with your assessment of the away form, PP. Newcastle are unpredictable, not the worst result for Arsenal. Good win in Udinese, Man United was due to personnel probs, and there's no shame in holding the German champs until near the end, and only conceding to a wonder strike. I think Wenger is gonna play a more cautious away game this season, and we may see more unders than overs from the Gooners. As such, I could see them nicking a 1-0 tomorrow, but haven't looked at it yet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September i do love the comments about the negativity about our (QPR) strikeforce and the fact we wont score enough goals so far this season we have scored 1 goal in 4 games, match against Norwich's 3 and Swansea's 0, however take this into account Bolton 0:4 Bothroyd and DJ made thier debuts, 2nd half was a washout after bolton took control Everton 1:0 we scored with our only shot on goal but started the game with 1 up front - the prolific Agyemang who isnt even in our 25 man squad now Wigan 0:2 again only 1 up front with Agymang again, we hit the post twice and the bar once Newcastle 0:0 we started with 1 up front again and should really have scored, had 2 hacked off the line for me the goals will come from SWP, Taraabt, Bothroyd and Campbell. I think even Barton will pick up a few. One of Neil warnocks traits is to keep clean sheets, we had 25 last season and won 9 away games to nil, not many teams could match that.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September I think the effect of Stoke playing on Thursday night has been exaggerated slightly. Only Huth, Shawcross and Upson started both games and Stoke have a big squad now and are very hard to beat. I understand people being weary about backing a team who are just back from Europe but Sunderland have been very disappointing since the opening day draw at Liverpool and despite Bendtner being a decent signing they will miss Asamoah Gyan, just think people should be careful about that one, some seem to think its a gimme just because Stoke played away in Europe.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September I like the look of Arsenal away to Blackburn. Ground out a good result mid-week and they come up against a poor Blackburn side who I expect will struggle all season. Gervinho and Song return from ban's which is a big plus. Gervinho has looked impressive the few times I have seen him this season... Van Persie, Gervinho and Walcott looks a pretty exciting front 3. Confidence will be very slowly coming back to the Arsenal players but I just can't see anything but an away win in this one. The other North London team look a massive price at home to Liverpool as well. They have had the misfortune of having to play both Manchester teams already but they did well to beat Wolves who were in good form and I see Defoe and Adebayor forming a great partnership. The Tottenham midfield looks as strong as any in the Premier League barring Man City and I just think they will be too strong for Liverpool. I can see Bale running rings around whoever plays right back for Liverpool as Johnson is injured. The last team I fancy are Bolton to beat Norwich who like someone has already said on here look like they will struggle to score in the Prem. Bolton have had to play both Manchester teams at home so far this season so will relish playing Norwich tomorrow. Under Coyle, Bolton play some great football and are strong defensively so Norwich will struggle to break through. Kevin Davies is a nuisance for any team and Bolton should prove too strong at home for Norwich.

Thanks Darwin. I think it is alittle risky but look at Barcelona/Inter/Kiev/Lazio and more midweek.. My advise would be to stay away if money is tight but if you've got abit of money/margin of error to play with then it's a perhaps worth a chance. It's not an A star bet by any means but i think it's the best value from all the markets in this game. Of course value doesn't mean success. Sunderland best bet for me in prem followed by bolton over 2.5, villa, wolves (Both not wrote up yet) and blackburn dnb.
No problem. If I was touching the game I'd be with Blackburn in some shape or another as I feel that's where the value lies too. Of course like you say it's not an A star bet by any means, goes without saying. I just can not trust Arsenal at the minute. Fair do's they gained a good draw at Dortmund but I'll need to see more consistency before I'm backing them at odds on away from home. If I don't unearth anything more suitable I'll be giving it serious consideration.

i do love the comments about the negativity about our (QPR) strikeforce and the fact we wont score enough goals so far this season we have scored 1 goal in 4 games, match against Norwich's 3 and Swansea's 0, however take this into account Bolton 0:4 Bothroyd and DJ made thier debuts, 2nd half was a washout after bolton took control Everton 1:0 we scored with our only shot on goal but started the game with 1 up front - the prolific Agyemang who isnt even in our 25 man squad now Wigan 0:2 again only 1 up front with Agymang again, we hit the post twice and the bar once Newcastle 0:0 we started with 1 up front again and should really have scored, had 2 hacked off the line for me the goals will come from SWP, Taraabt, Bothroyd and Campbell. I think even Barton will pick up a few. One of Neil warnocks traits is to keep clean sheets, we had 25 last season and won 9 away games to nil, not many teams could match that.
but last season was the championship. a much bigger step up the premier league as you no. i think SWP and taraabt are good players and will create chances, but i cant see either bothroyd or campbell getting double figures. im not having a go at QPR as i like them being a proper traditional club, unlike the hull's, wigans of this world who shouldnt be anywhere near the premier league. I would even go as far as saying bothroyd is the worst striker in the league, how he gets paid to be a footballer i do not know. I want QPR to stay up and enjoyed watching them monday night, so dont think its a personal dig, just stressing the point they will struggle to score

they will miss Asamoah Gyan' date=' just think people should be careful about that one, some seem to think its a gimme just because Stoke played away in Europe.[/quote'] They didn't just play in Europe.... they played BADLY in Europe. And were lucky in the last premier league game against Liverpool. Regarding Gyan.... I doubt if they are gonna miss him. With all the bullshit what was around him, I think it's better to have somebody who actually wants to play for this team and not some player who is thinking when to leave this club.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Man United to beat Chelsea @ 1.90 (Ladbrokes:8/10) Bet of the weekend for me. United will be ready to steam into Chelsea on Sunday, they were able to change it up in midweek away to Benfica but willl be able to recall Rio for this one aswell as Young and others. I felt last season that Chelsea struggled to deal with the pace and energy of United, and I've seen little to suggest any different this time around. Villas-Boas has started quite well but the performances have been stuttering to say the least, midfield still lacks some guile and the ability to move the ball forward quickly, and Torres is still struggling up front, while Drogba is out for this one. The one difference I can see this season for them is Mata who is a real player but United are such a force at home, crowd will be noisy, plenty of pace on the wings for United and Rooney in the form of his life. Home win all the way for me. Arsenal to beat Blackburn @ 1.935 (Pinnacle:5/10) It's a rebuilding season for us, goal is Top 4, and we are still trying to accomodate new players, and a new style, but I do think things can only get better after a narrow win against Swansea and a draw away to Dortmund, I recall one poster above being highly confident of a Dortmund win that night, he was wrong there. I expect us to line-up like this...... ---------------------- Szczesny -- Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs/Santos --------------------- Song ---------------- Ramsey - Arteta --- Theo ------------------------- Gervinho -------------------- Van Persie Good team, all things considered. Plenty of pace in attack, Gervinho is still finding his feet but some promising parts to his game, I think we can get some joy out of Blackburn full-backs with Theo and Gervinho in attack and Van Persie as the point. Song back from suspension is a big plus as we saw in midweek. I think this is a good time to play Blackburn with the manager under pressure and results not going his way so far, I fancy us for a narrow win tomorrow as I don't see us scoring more than 2 max. Couple of first/anytime scorers for us too, for small stakes. Van Persie has a superb record against Blackburn and although the service has been crap so far this season, he's netted 3 times. Walcott is a clutz but still a threat, also has 3 goals this season so far and scored a cracking finish at Ewood last year. Van Persie 1st goalscorer @ 5.00 (Paddy Power:1/10) Theo Walcott Anytime scorer @ 3.50 (Paddy Power:1/10) Surprises me that Gervinho, Chamakh and Park are priced shorter than Theo in this market considering Gervinho is still finding his feet and looking for his 1st goal after being suspended, Chamakh has been awful for 9 months and is used as a sub nowadays while Park hasnt kicked a ball for us yet. Theo has his flaws but he knows how to score goals. Worth a small play I think.

They didn't just play in Europe.... they played BADLY in Europe. And were lucky in the last premier league game against Liverpool. Regarding Gyan.... I doubt if they are gonna miss him. With all the bullshit what was around him, I think it's better to have somebody who actually wants to play for this team and not some player who is thinking when to leave this club.
I didnt see the game but they got a point away to a team with good European pedigree and came within minutes of winning! All with a much changed side. Ok they may have been lucky against Liverpool but Sunderland aren't as good as Liverpool and they still won the game which shows their resilience. Stoke team v Liverpool - Begovic, Huth, Shawcross, Upson, Wilson, Pennant, Whitehead, Delap, Etherington, Walters, Crouch. Stoke team v Dynamo Kiev - Sorensen, Huth, Shawcross, Upson, Wilkinson, Shotton, Whelan, Diao, Palacios, Jones, Jerome. So only three players started both games. This is not a tip for Stoke, you may well be right and Sunderland are capable of winning, at home they will be looking to win this game, I just think too much emphasis is being placed on Stoke going away in Europe when they changed the team about, have a good enough squad to rotate and have good competition for places up front.