** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 15 September

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Don't want to harp on about Stoke as it's getting boring and off-topic. But just to reply to the responses to my earlier post, I don't see how you could argue that the Premier League is not their priority when they are clearly resting players for the weekend's game? I appreciate the importance of the games to the fans however which is a different thing. I accept the views of HastGill and Jase that perhaps it is in their interest to prioritise in this way. I guess I am a bit of cup romantic, so it saddens me when sides are more interested in gaining a few extra million from finishing 10th instead of 13th than really putting their all into winning a cup. But that said I really didn't realise there was only 6 points between Stoke and relegation last season, so fair play to Pulis.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September OK - I've moved a bunch of posts into here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f59/cl-europa-league-forum-dumping-ground-121466/ We don't need childish arguments and points scoring in these threads, so any more posts in that vain will either join them or be deleted. Keep it on topic and keep it civil please if you want to continue posting on PL.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September

OK - I've moved a bunch of posts into here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f59/cl-europa-league-forum-dumping-ground-121466/ We don't need childish arguments and points scoring in these threads, so any more posts in that vain will either join them or be deleted. Keep it on topic and keep it civil please if you want to continue posting on PL.
You will be having a lot more time spent on moving posts late tonight if Stoke win that game :lol.... I have no opinion on that game, which makes it a perfect in-play material...

OK - I've moved a bunch of posts into here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f59/cl-europa-league-forum-dumping-ground-121466/ We don't need childish arguments and points scoring in these threads, so any more posts in that vain will either join them or be deleted. Keep it on topic and keep it civil please if you want to continue posting on PL.
I hope that doesn't include me western. I haven't resorted to abuse once. I think you should be banning Mike and the fella who called me simple.

You will be having a lot more time spent on moving posts late tonight if Stoke win that game :lol.... I have no opinion on that game, which makes it a perfect in-play material...
I don't gloat if my picks are correct if that's what you are implying? I get them wrong just as often too hence i need decent odds.

I hope that doesn't include me western. I haven't resorted to abuse once. I think you should be banning Mike and the fella who called me simple.
It's a general warning, aimed at everyone. It's not just the abuse that disrupts the thread, it's people not letting things go. We don't need 3 pages of arguing clogging the thread up. And naming people you think I should be banning isn't helpful either.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September I'm gonna play two games today, both Romanian teams involved and I'll back the opposition.

Lazio : Vaslui

Can't say Vaslui have much experience in Europe and they had also a poor start of the season in Liga 1. Sure they beat leaders Dinamo last game but the they have the strength to beat Lazio also ? I doubt that. Vaslui has some problems in their squad with a long list of injuries and doubtful players for tonight's game. Injured: Cânu, Gladstone, Bălace, Papp, Annang Doubtful: Milanov, Jovanović, Hugo Luz, Gerlem Milanov and Gerlem are probably most important missings but with the long list above and the tough game against leaders last game I'm concerned with their fitness for this game. Statistically watching, Vaslui lost both their away games in Europe now, losing to Twente 2:0 and 1:0 to Sparta Prague. Can't say I know very much about Lazio but sure they strengthened their squad and with current results in Serie A against Milan and considering they are in groups with stronger opponents than Vaslui ( Sporting L.) I rate them to take full points from encounters like this.

Steaua Bucharest : Shalke 04

Will go with the favorites here. I find the odds high for Shalke considering the recent experience of both teams in Europe and knowing more about Steaua I hardly believe Steaua can win. Steaua is coming after a devastating loss, losing 3:0 to Gaz Metan, a squad not so bright in my opinion. They had a poor season last year having lots of trouble in the attacking line and the only good signings they got for this season is probably forward Tatu. They are a falling star at the moment and is far away from what they used to be long ago in the history. Also they sold Banel Nicolita this summer to Saint Etienne, a player which was an emblem to them lately and who gave everything on the field for this team. They had not so bright coaches in the past year but probably will find some form with Ronny Levy but in my opinion is too early. They maybe will run for a draw here considering Shalke is the strongest opposition in the group. Another minus for them is that they don't play on their stadium or anywhere near actually. They were supposed to play in their town on the new stadium National Arena but due to the bad pitch which showed up at the game Romania : France, they will have to travel to the other side of the country at Cluj-Napoca( Town in which I live :-P ). Probably supporters were expecting to support their team at National Arena and now that they have to play here I doubt tehre will be a massive crowd traveling here. Of course there will be people from this town going to the game but sure won't be same feeling as having their own fans at their back. I rate Shalke to travel here and go home victorious, and with the attacking mentality German teams have I can't see them not scoring at all today. Also Ciprian Marica ( Romanian player ) is at Shalke and will provide good info about Steaua for his team and that will be a good advantage IMO. I expect Shalke to win this comfortably :) Hopefully there won't be a surprise package for tonight as last day in CHL and games will be taken a bit more seriously. Selections: Shalke Away Win @ 2,25 Shalke -1 EH @ 4,45 Lazio Home Win @ 1,40 Good luck! :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Well I have to say today's has been the most disappointing PL forum in a long, long time. Those like myself who try and give opinion and get some good info in return clearly feel the same. I'm not pointing at anyone in particular but out of the 5 pages on here around 2 have been taken up by in-fighting and bickering. I am trying to get a decent bet on for tonight and have given my points in my post previous but due to the negativity on here at seems as if posters are becoming thinner on the ground in fear of getting dragged into this waste of time and effort. I hope to see no more further rebukes but i'm not very hopeful. Good luck for tonight everyone and just to add on my previous post im looking to take Sporting +1 now at 4/9 possibly over either Ruban or Hannover depending on any further findings. Braga +1 at 1/2 and Athletico at 4/9 are my definite picks, again due to previous reasoning and falcao apparently will start which gives me further confidence on this pick :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Testing an idea out with small stakes as usually do anyway in europa league due to it's unpredictability. Kiev Draw @ 3.50 Lazio draw @ 4.50 Spurs draw @ 3.10 Singles (-stoke) doubles/trebles Strum Graz draw @ 3.30 Birmingham draw @ 3.20 club brugge draw @ 3.80 singles/doubles/treble Lazio draw Club brugge draw sturm graz draw Double/treble Little analysis, which is probably a good thing after the Stoke debate. Lazio, often falter at home in europe and i'm not sure they'll be taking this comp seriously. All others seem quite closely matched teams. Could be way off but at small stakes want to try out logic/methods.

Well I have to say today's has been the most disappointing PL forum in a long, long time. Those like myself who try and give opinion and get some good info in return clearly feel the same. I'm not pointing at anyone in particular but out of the 5 pages on here around 2 have been taken up by in-fighting and bickering. I am trying to get a decent bet on for tonight and have given my points in my post previous but due to the negativity on here at seems as if posters are becoming thinner on the ground in fear of getting dragged into this waste of time and effort. I hope to see no more further rebukes but i'm not very hopeful. Good luck for tonight everyone and just to add on my previous post im looking to take Sporting +1 now at 4/9 possibly over either Ruban or Hannover depending on any further findings. Braga +1 at 1/2 and Athletico at 4/9 are my definite picks, again due to previous reasoning and falcao apparently will start which gives me further confidence on this pick :ok
Where is Braga +1 priced at 1/2 mate? Looks a very good bet.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Atletico -1 (AH) is now 1.725 with Bet365, which is good enough for me. Oddschecker seems to show a large amount of people betting on Celtic, possibly just fans?? Goal and bbc don't offer any definitive team news on Atletico, but seem to suggest it will be a strong team. Meanwhile, Celtic have a few out and also have Rangers at the weekend. Taking a gamble on team news here because Celtic's away record in Europe and the circumstances of the match suggest they will struggle to avoid defeat even if Atletico play a weakened side.

Its on the match form in my local coral shop mate. I think it look a great bet. If there's no forms you can ask at the counter too, iv checked on the in shop information points and all the handicaps are on there with Sporting away at 4/9 +1 also looking tasty! Good luck mate :ok

Braga +1 was 1/2 yesterday when themselves and birmingham were both 13/8 to win the match, now braga are favourites and you can now get them @ 2/5 for the +1 which i have gone for along with atletico to beat celtic for a double priced @ evens :hope

I personally don't fancy Stoke at all tonight. Kiev are a European heavy weight' date=' and it won't be an easy trip to make. Last season they got to the quarters, and I remember them beating City 2-0 at home on the way. Admittedly a lot has probably changed since then and I know very little about Ukrainian football, but I can't see Stoke scraping a win. Maybe a scrappy draw as this is the group stages. Unders would probably be my call again, albeit an obvious call. Stoke have only gone over once this season.[/quote'] Yeah, you would think Stoke will have their normal defensive style and it will probably go unders, but the odds of 1.6 kind of reflect this - might still be good value though ...

Atletico -1 (AH) is now 1.725 with Bet365' date=' which is good enough for me. Oddschecker seems to show a large amount of people betting on Celtic, possibly just fans?? Goal and bbc don't offer any definitive team news on Atletico, but seem to suggest it will be a strong team. Meanwhile, Celtic have a few out and also have Rangers at the weekend. Taking a gamble on team news here because Celtic's away record in Europe and the circumstances of the match suggest they will struggle to avoid defeat even if Atletico play a weakened side.[/quote'] Goal.com says full side for Atletico, and that site is usually on the money. Also predicts a 3-0 win :p Edit: For what it's worth, I'm also on Atletico. Disappointing league start, but their Europa form has been very good. Probably not brave enough to go outright, so'll just lay for a decent stake, as I don't see Celtic winning here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Suprised not a lot of people have mentioned fulham @ 2.34, i know they have had a shaky start but they always seem to do well in the Europa League, they are extremely solid at home and i believe Twente will find it tough tonight.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Bets for tonight. Gone for PSV, PSG and Copenhagen in a treble, all teams are at home and look on paper stronger then the opposition. Judging by their current form aswell they all seem to be playing well. Also gone for an unlikely double, small stakes. Stoke +1 and PAOK to win, the Spurs line up seems really weak and Stoke have had some excellent results so far this season. GL with your bets tonight guys :hope

Why? have Aguero and Forlan been selected ;)
Something against Goal, Charles? :) I think their previews are pretty good, especially for the more obscure games. Don't bother with the rest of the site.
Don't fancy Spurs at all after seeing their team. With a first team out there tonight they'd have had a tough time. They are now basically putting out a Spurs XI. Sad times.
Yeah. PAOK have a decent euro pedigree, so can't help but feel we've missed an opportunity here. Can't be bothered to try and find a feed for this and see how PAOK look.

Comments like above and from Mahno make me worry what other crap is written on teams i know little about and need to rely on their info for.
And what crap did i write about your team then?I jaust gave teams news from both sides and also pointed on Dynamo's home record.And I actually didn't even back Dynamo but went with uder 2.5 .Read again closely and whatch the way you write :@

Something against Goal, Charles? :) I think their previews are pretty good, especially for the more obscure games. Don't bother with the rest of the site. Yeah. PAOK have a decent euro pedigree, so can't help but feel we've missed an opportunity here. Can't be bothered to try and find a feed for this and see how PAOK look.
No definitely not, it's a very useful site ;) To be honest I've not had a proper chance to review the game as I've been too busy defending my Braga recommendation :lol