** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 15 September

Thursday 15 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Besiktas JK v Maccabi Tel Aviv (18:00 BST) 1.7 3.8 5.4 103.66 %
maximize.gif Dynamo Kyiv v Stoke City (18:00 BST) 1.9 3.75 4.9 99.46 %
maximize.gif FC København v Vorskla Poltava (18:00 BST) 1.72 4.1 6 98.95 %
maximize.gif FC Zürich v Sporting CP (18:00 BST) 2.9 3.4 2.6 102.36 %
maximize.gif Hannover 96 v Standard de Liège (18:00 BST) 1.75 3.8 5.2 102.69 %
maximize.gif Hapoel Tel Aviv v Rapid Bucuresti (18:00 BST) 2.24 3.4 3.55 102.22 %
maximize.gif Lazio v FC Vaslui (18:00 BST) 1.44 4.5 8.8 102.82 %
maximize.gif PAOK v Tottenham Hotspur (18:00 BST) 3.5 3.4 2.3 101.46 %
maximize.gif Paris Saint-Germain v FC Red Bull Salzburg (18:00 BST) 1.36 5 11.5 102.23 %
maximize.gif PSV Eindhoven v Legia Warszawa (18:00 BST) 1.46 4.8 8.4 101.23 %
maximize.gif Shamrock Rovers v Rubin Kazan (18:00 BST) 7 4.1 1.57 102.31 %
maximize.gif Slovan Bratislava v Athletic Bilbao (18:00 BST) 3.5 3.35 2.24 103.07 %
maximize.gif Anderlecht v AEK Athens (20:05 BST) 1.61 4.2 6.8 100.42 %
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v Celtic (20:05 BST) 1.47 4.5 8.2 102.44 %
maximize.gif AZ Alkmaar v Malmö FF (20:05 BST) 1.35 5.1 10.5 103.21 %
maximize.gif Birmingham City v Sporting de Braga (20:05 BST) 2.64 3.3 3 101.52 %
maximize.gif Club Brugge v NK Maribor (20:05 BST) 1.51 4.3 7.2 103.37 %
maximize.gif FK Austria Wien v Metalist Kharkiv (20:05 BST) 2.58 3.35 3.1 100.87 %
maximize.gif Fulham v FC Twente (20:05 BST) 2.16 3.45 3.65 102.68 %
maximize.gif Maccabi Haifa v AEK Larnaca (20:05 BST) 1.57 4.3 7.6 100.05 %
maximize.gif SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz v Lokomotiv Moscow (20:05 BST) 2.92 3.35 2.68 101.41 %
maximize.gif Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 (20:05 BST) 3.2 3.4 2.35 103.21 %
maximize.gif Udinese v Stade Rennais (20:05 BST) 1.92 3.55 4.5 102.47 %
maximize.gif Wisla Kraków v Odense BK (20:05 BST) 2.1 3.45 4.33 99.68 %

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Athletico Madrid v Celtic Given our miserable away record in Europe, and a lack of experience in Europe in both the players and management, I'm all over Athletico Madrid on Thursday. Neil Lennons away record in Europe thus far reads 2-0, 4-0 and 3-1 defeats. Athletico are 3rd favourites for the tournament and have an impressive, expensive squad including £35m striker, Falcao, the top scorer in this competition last year with Porto. I'm surprised that Athletico are as high as 1.47 and cannot see this price lasting, I would have had them at about 1.3. I will also take the early price on the handicap as we not only tend to lose on European soil, but lose heavily. Selections: Athletico to win @ 1.47 with Betfair - 10 units Athletico -1.25 AH @ 2.02 with Betfair - 4 units

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Birmingham v SC Braga Last years Europa League finalists against a team relegated from the EPL. Braga have made a few changes since last season. They have a new manager as the previous guy left for Sporting after the final. There's also been some changes on the playing side of things as well with quite a bit of transfer activity in both directions, including the signing of Nuno Gomez who bagged a couple at the weekend in a 3-1 home win. The new manager seems to have settled in well with 3 wins and 1 draw in the league campaign with Braga sitting 3rd in the table. Braga finished 4th last season to qualify for the Europa League and appear to be a club with a bit of momentum if last season's achievements are anything to go by. Birmingham have also seen a few changes since last season as well. McLeish to Villa and former Newcastle manager Hughton in. Team wise they are a shadow of last seasons relegated League Cup winners. Here's a list of some of those that have jumped ship along with McLeish: Jerome (Stoke) Dann (Blackburn) Foster (West Brom) Ferguson (Blackpool) Johnson (Wolves) Bowyer (Ipswich) Phillips (Blackpool) Larsson (Sunderland) Gardner (Sunderland) If I wanted to win the award for understatement of the year 2011 I'd say they appear to be a team severely weakened from last season ;) Their start to the season has been a bit hit and miss but they did pick up a 3-0 home win against Millwall at the weekend so they should be in reasonably good spirit coming into this one. They have already accounted for another Portuguese side in the Europa League prelims beating National 3-0 in the home leg. Just for the record National currently sit bottom of the Portuguese pile after 3 games having played 1 game less than the rest. Still having no win in 3 points out the kind of start they're having so Birmingham's fine result against them probably should be given a bit of a wide berth. For me Braga should present a more formidable opponent this time round. I expect Birmingham to be all fired up in front of a passionate St Andrews but I'd be surprised if this will be enough on its own. Braga survived Anfield last season keeping their goal in tact but didn't fair as well prior to that at the Emirates in the Champions League group stage losing 6-0. However Braga had quite a reasonable Champions League campaign when you put the overall group stage into perspective and their Europa League exploits speak for themselves. I think Braga represent good value at 15/8 with Bet365 whereas Hills have them both at 17/10.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September I don't know guys, but from my point of view if Lazio will take this game seriously it should be comfortable home win here. Vaslui isn't actually convincing in their own Liga 1 (7th place right now after 6 games) and playing away game against at least 1 class higher team doesn't make things easier for them. As for Lazio, they do have some missings in squad but I wouldnt call them so crucial that they would effect all their game plan. So far they have trashed away Rabotnicki in EL and played well against Milan. Odds on a straight win is low of course (but what else could we expect ?!) so maybe a combo material.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September

I don't know guys, but from my point of view if Lazio will take this game seriously it should be comfortable home win here. Vaslui isn't actually convincing in their own Liga 1 (7th place right now after 6 games) and playing away game against at least 1 class higher team doesn't make things easier for them. .
Lazio should play with Cisse and Rocchi forwarders and Mauri behind them. Klose and Hernanes which are regular should start on the bench. Lazio seems to have consideration of EEL, differently from others Italian teams, unfortunately match will be played at 19.00 and there will be an empty stadium.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Lazio vs Vaslui Home side is am attacking side this season. With Cisse, Rocchi, Hernanes, Mauri and Klose they can win against any team. Vaslui is a team that started to show quality, won against Dinamo and manged to eliminate Sparta Praga. Will be very hard for Vaslui in this game, the value will be with them in the second leg of this fixture. home -1 @ 1.75 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Kobenhavn vs Vorskla The Dannish side is still the best team in Denmark and still a force at home. Despite losing some speed comparative to last season they are a good side. Vorskla eliminated Dinamo, but just because Dinamo was weaker. This Ukrainean team has nothing special and can be easily demolished by Santin, N'Doye and Claudemir. home -1 AH @ 2.15 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Austria Vienna vs Metalist Kharkov Away side eliminated Sochaux after 4-0 away and also managed to beat Karpaty Lvov. They have a good side with players liek Taison, Cristaldo (5 goals in 9 games), Vorobey, Devic, Sosa (ex Napoli) and Torres (San Lorenzo). Austria Vienna had luck to pass Gaz Metan Medias and I rate them with second chance in this match. Metalist is the valuable team of the two. away 0 AH @ 1.90 with Titanbet

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Steaua vs Schalke04 Schalke should concentrate much more on this match than they have did previously on away games. Not because the opponent is high as class, but because Schalke had problems on away games. Steaua is a team that will try to stay unbeaten in this match, but their value doesn't quite allow them many hopes. Schalke04 will want to go through from a group in which Steaua might look like the 3rdas value. The Germans should push to get 3 points in Bucharest! away -0.25 AH @ 1.98 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September hello folks, wanted to share my thoughts on Slovan - Bilbao match.... dunno much about Bilbao... seems like a decent side from Spain... seems like all their ussual players are still in and as far as i can recall, they had a good last season... my bet is basically coming from the current state of Slovan... sure they kicked out As Roma... well to be honest Roma was sh_t... any decent side from CR or Poland would trash them... Pls dont take it as an other silly wannabe punter talk... its a fact... Sebo had an argument with coach Weiss and is likely not to be even on the bench... we have a few important missings and also the last weekends 0:0 at home with average Nitra didnt help much... we have bought ze victor and hrosso ( midfield... new, but had quite no time to adapt...and the second is a goalie from nitra i think... quite good) in my humble opinion Slovan can dream about one point from this match... but i see Bilbao winning comfortably... 2,25 @ nike is a decent value for a team, that is better in every department ... and im also taking atletico madrid... for 1,48 in a combo bet... for obvious reasons... decent side ...playing good if im not mistaken, forlan went out and falcao came... and my biggest pro argument is the record of celtic on their away matches in european competitions... stakes... 8/10 :drums :hope Gl to you all

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September It looks like Lazio will play with this lineup Marchetti; Zauri-Diakite-Dias-Lulic; Ledesma-Matuzalem; Gonzalez-Mauri-Cisse; Rocchi I don't like personally low odds, but Imo this is one of the best bets in this round. Lazio@ 1.45 Betfair high stakes. Another bet is Moscow Lokomotiv @ 2.50 WilliamHill Imo very nice odds on Loko here. They are unbeaten for already 10 games (7 wins 3 draws) and showing some very nice football so far. In the last round they even managed to win Zenit 4-2 (was 0-2 after first half). Motivation for Europe league of course is high and coach will put the best players available. Graz this year isn't as dominant as they were last year, sitting in 5th place after 7 games and losing in the last round against BATE closed the door for Champions League group stage. Jus doesn't seems like they are gonna make some damage to high flying Spartak. Draw no bet maybe would be safier but I will take a shot on straight victory.

Birmingham v SC Braga Last years Europa League finalists against a team relegated from the EPL. Braga have made a few changes since last season. They have a new manager as the previous guy left for Sporting after the final. There's also been some changes on the playing side of things as well with quite a bit of transfer activity in both directions, including the signing of Nuno Gomez who bagged a couple at the weekend in a 3-1 home win. The new manager seems to have settled in well with 3 wins and 1 draw in the league campaign with Braga sitting 3rd in the table. Braga finished 4th last season to qualify for the Europa League and appear to be a club with a bit of momentum if last season's achievements are anything to go by. Birmingham have also seen a few changes since last season as well. McLeish to Villa and former Newcastle manager Hughton in. Team wise they are a shadow of last seasons relegated League Cup winners. Here's a list of some of those that have jumped ship along with McLeish: Jerome (Stoke) Dann (Blackburn) Foster (West Brom) Ferguson (Blackpool) Johnson (Wolves) Bowyer (Ipswich) Phillips (Blackpool) Larsson (Sunderland) Gardner (Sunderland) If I wanted to win the award for understatement of the year 2011 I'd say they appear to be a team severely weakened from last season ;) Their start to the season has been a bit hit and miss but they did pick up a 3-0 home win against Millwall at the weekend so they should be in reasonably good spirit coming into this one. They have already accounted for another Portuguese side in the Europa League prelims beating National 3-0 in the home leg. Just for the record National currently sit bottom of the Portuguese pile after 3 games having played 1 game less than the rest. Still having no win in 3 points out the kind of start they're having so Birmingham's fine result against them probably should be given a bit of a wide berth. For me Braga should present a more formidable opponent this time round. I expect Birmingham to be all fired up in front of a passionate St Andrews but I'd be surprised if this will be enough on its own. Braga survived Anfield last season keeping their goal in tact but didn't fair as well prior to that at the Emirates in the Champions League group stage losing 6-0. However Braga had quite a reasonable Champions League campaign when you put the overall group stage into perspective and their Europa League exploits speak for themselves. I think Braga represent good value at 15/8 with Bet365 whereas Hills have them both at 17/10.
Braga have a very poor away record in Europe unfortunately

It looks like Lazio will play with this lineup Marchetti; Zauri-Diakite-Dias-Lulic; Ledesma-Matuzalem; Gonzalez-Mauri-Cisse; Rocchi I don't like personally low odds, but Imo this is one of the best bets in this round. Lazio@ 1.45 Betfair high stakes.
Where did you get this line-up mate?? Always wary of the Italian's approach to this comp.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Birmingham vs Braga is an interesting one. Is Braga's away record THAT bad? Recent results include narrow defeats at Lech Poznan and Benfica, but draws at Kiev, Young Boys and Liverpool and a victory at Partizan Belgrade. It's not spectacular but I'd say they were a difficult side to beat. Last season this would have been as close as you could get to an under 2.5 goals banker, with these sides being two of the most cautious, defensive club sides I saw play. But now Chris Hughton is in charge at Birmingham they have been scoring and conceding a lot more, which is little surprise. Braga too have changed manager, though I know nothing about the new guy. Braga DNB @ 2.1 (Skybet) appeals as I'd say they were the more likely side to nick it, but the draw is tempting as well.

Where did you get this line-up mate?? Always wary of the Italian's approach to this comp.
Italian experts helped out with the line-up but it's not officially confirmed of course. This is by the way possibility for Rocchi to score his 100th club goal. ''It would be special to do it in Rome, in front of my home fans,'' said Rocchi. And Cisse comments "I want to win this tournament,'' he said. "It's an important competition and I would like to win it.'' only confirms my thoughts about the importance for this tournament. So far Vaslui have only one win in eight appearances in Europe and this looks like one of the toughest opponent what they have face so far.

Italian experts helped out with the line-up but it's not officially confirmed of course. This is by the way possibility for Rocchi to score his 100th club goal. ''It would be special to do it in Rome, in front of my home fans,'' said Rocchi. And Cisse comments "I want to win this tournament,'' he said. "It's an important competition and I would like to win it.'' only confirms my thoughts about the importance for this tournament. So far Vaslui have only one win in eight appearances in Europe and this looks like one of the toughest opponent what they have face so far.
Thanks pal. Think I will wait for confirmed teams :ok

Birmingham vs Braga is an interesting one. Is Braga's away record THAT bad? Recent results include narrow defeats at Lech Poznan and Benfica' date=' but draws at Kiev, Young Boys and Liverpool and a victory at Partizan Belgrade. It's not spectacular but I'd say they were a difficult side to beat. Last season this would have been as close as you could get to an under 2.5 goals banker, with these sides being two of the most cautious, defensive club sides I saw play. But now Chris Hughton is in charge at Birmingham they have been scoring and conceding a lot more, which is little surprise. Braga too have changed manager, though I know nothing about the new guy. Braga DNB @ 2.1 (Skybet) appeals as I'd say they were the more likely side to nick it, but the draw is tempting as well.[/quote'] Interesting point regarding Birmingham's goals scored/against.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Some team news reagarding Graz Sturm - Lokomotiv Moscow Sturm will be without 1st goalkeeper Christian Gratzei and also Roman Kienast, Matthias Koch and Jurgen Saumel are all sidelined for this match The only important absent for Moscow is Torbinski. Tarasov and Ivanov are also injured, but they are not actually first choice players for coach.

Stoke worth a go on the dnb. will write up in detail later when finalised bets.
No,it's not! Stoke's playres that didn't travel are: Crouch,Fuller,Delap,Begovic(main keeper),Etheringnton,Wilson Kiev has no injury worries apart from Gusev,Sheva and Mihalik should be Back for that one. If memory serves me well then in a past few years Dynamo only lost at home to Barca in all Euro comp.I also took them to beat man City last season(which they did 2-0) So think twice before backing Stoke with poor away record. I would go with U2.5 knowing defensive stoke with flying tackles

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Also have to remind you about Metalist away record.Bookies still priced them as underdogs...agaist Austria Viena :unsure Last time i took Metalist away to Soauchax at @4.50. DNB should be safe option.Argentinians can tear apart Viena if in the mood :lol

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September Im just going to stick with English teams for tommorow, know abit more about them watching the league: Fulham vs Twente Draw 5/2: Fulham are slow getting started at home and although have played alot of games this season already I feel that instead of extra experience and chemistry amonst the team, the entire squad looks tired and sloppy. I dony fancy Twente to win either, since i feel that if fulham does go behind to Twente, the atmosphere inside craven cottage will change and the crowd will really get behind fulham. Both teams should be happy with a draw at the end, and the game will probably fade away in the last 10 minutes and i dont see either team fighting hard for a winner. 10/10 Draw 5/2 Birmingham vs Braga I watched braga last season in the europa league and they have been pretty fair and somewhat lucky to reach the final, since then i feel not alot has changed and their performance won't be outstanding at all. The fans of birmingham will be pleased to see their team play in another competition and brings something fresh to st. andrews and will really enjoy the match. Their squad isnt the most experienced but Hughton has plenty of experience as manager and knows how to win a game. Birmingham are also 2/2 wins at home this season with two clean sheets in the league. Birmingham WIN 13/8 10/10 Kiev vs stoke Not alot of reasoning for this one, but i feel stoke does not have enough to win the game and if they do win its going to be a late goal in the 80th minute that gives them a 1 - 0 win. Ill have to take that slim chance and being somewhat cautious and conservative im going to put money on kiev DNB. 10/10 - Kiev DNB 4/11 PAOK Saloniki Vs Tottenham Not too confident about this one but spurs have good european experience and although Van der vaart has been left out spurs will have enough quality to win. I dont know if redknapp is thinking about the liverpool game, at least its on the sunday rather than the saturday but i feel redknapp will put out a fairly youthful side. I think that spurs fucosing on the league trying to get 4th place is futile, whereas spurs have enough quality to actually lift the europa cup. Spurs WIN 13/8 5/10

Im just going to stick with English teams for tommorow, know abit more about them watching the league: Fulham vs Twente Draw 5/2: Fulham are slow getting started at home and although have played alot of games this season already I feel that instead of extra experience and chemistry amonst the team, the entire squad looks tired and sloppy. I dony fancy Twente to win either, since i feel that if fulham does go behind to Twente, the atmosphere inside craven cottage will change and the crowd will really get behind fulham. Both teams should be happy with a draw at the end, and the game will probably fade away in the last 10 minutes and i dont see either team fighting hard for a winner. 10/10 Draw 5/2 Birmingham vs Braga I watched braga last season in the europa league and they have been pretty fair and somewhat lucky to reach the final, since then i feel not alot has changed and their performance won't be outstanding at all. The fans of birmingham will be pleased to see their team play in another competition and brings something fresh to st. andrews and will really enjoy the match. Their squad isnt the most experienced but Hughton has plenty of experience as manager and knows how to win a game. Birmingham are also 2/2 wins at home this season with two clean sheets in the league. Birmingham WIN 13/8 10/10 Kiev vs stoke Not alot of reasoning for this one, but i feel stoke does not have enough to win the game and if they do win its going to be a late goal in the 80th minute that gives them a 1 - 0 win. Ill have to take that slim chance and being somewhat cautious and conservative im going to put money on kiev DNB. 10/10 - Kiev DNB 4/11 PAOK Saloniki Vs Tottenham Not too confident about this one but spurs have good european experience and although Van der vaart has been left out spurs will have enough quality to win. I dont know if redknapp is thinking about the liverpool game, at least its on the sunday rather than the saturday but i feel redknapp will put out a fairly youthful side. I think that spurs fucosing on the league trying to get 4th place is futile, whereas spurs have enough quality to actually lift the europa cup. Spurs WIN 13/8 5/10
I would deter you from Spurs really, we will put out a very young and inexperienced side, almost the entire first team is staying in London. We may get a draw or even win, and I don't know much about PAOK, but I doubt we should be favourites so not worth betting on us IMO.