** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 14 September

Mustafa

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September

Ill be honest' date=' im just going off what i have seen on soccerway[/quote'] Yeah I use soccerway too, it's invaluable? I've been looking at these fixtures since last week as I didn't like the look of the weekends domestic fare so I have spent quite a bit of time researching some of these match ups. To be fair your recommendation might come off but I felt you and other members should at least be made aware of some of the mitigating factors leading into this one:ok

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take your points on board but the 4-0 loss to Dinamo could be a bit of a red herring as they don't normally suffer that kind of result' date=' do they? On the other hand it could be a clear representation of their current form. I haven't got my ears close enough to the ground to make a judgement if I'm honest. However I will say it could be folly to judge them on the Dinamo result alone and the fact that they didn't score a single goal. As I said Zenit's loss at the weekend has made me even more suspicious of the results at the weekend but maybe that's just because of the type of guy I am:ok[/quote'] No, it's not only about 4-0 loss to Dynamo. The graph from scibet indicates the form of CSKA starting April 2011 10035efa9e92.png Jul 31 FT Krasnodar 1-1 CSKA Moscow Aug 6 FT CSKA Moscow 0-2 Zenit Aug 13 FT FK Rubin Kazan 1-1 CSKA Moscow Aug 20 FT CSKA Moscow 3-0 FK Tom' Tomsk Aug 28 FT Spartak Moscow 2-2 CSKA Moscow In a month they've won only Tom' Tomsk, which is probably the worst team in the league at the moment. And after the match with Dynamo, head coach of CSKA had to apologize to their fans for the loss. Back to the Europa, I don't say that it is impossible for CSKA to get a positive result in France because Doumbia, Dzagoev and Tosic know how to put a ball into the net, moreover all of a sudden Wagner Love might get motivated and start playing football. However my pick is Lille @ 2.06 marathonbet [strength 1/10] "It is statistics that Russian teams do not play well against French teams, sad stats but we cannot do anything about it..." (Karpin)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Benfica vs Machester United 14.09.2011 Pick: Manchester United Odd: 1,93 (Pinnacle,Sbobet...) Confidence: 5/10 First game of the group these wednesday. I think that´s a good bet because although Benfica being always difficult at home, we could not ignore that magnificient start of MU: 4 games 4 wins and the last 3 were 0-3 (Tottenham), 8-2 (Arsenal) and 0-5 (Bolton)!! Surelly they are at a suberb form and very moralized for this game. Only Cleverley is injured and Evans and Evra are in doubt for this game. Benfica is a good team but not yet in previous season form (This weekeng they won 2-1 against Guimaraes with 3 penalties for them!). All the squad are available, but i thing that MU have much better team and at the moment they should win in my oppinion.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Benfica vs Machester United 14.09.2011 Pick: over 2,5 Odd: 2 (Bet 365, gamebookers, sbobet) Confidence: 7/10 I´m very surprised with that odd!! Two natural offensive teams surelly score at least 3 goals! MU scored 16 goals last 3 games and benfica always scores on home games (last season 36goals on 15games!) and this season they are also suffering goals every games. Almost guaranted for me, with very good odd here!

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Manchester City vs. Napoli In my opinion this is just a meeting between two teams in vastly different places at the moment. Both newcomers and therefore without any great European experience. We all know about Man City and the view that they are seemingly turning into a genuine force. Their greater warmth for attacking football is also making them far more attractive on handicaps than they previously have been. So far as I am aware they are at full strength for this one. They are still getting to know each other as a team but the signs are there and they look pretty formidable. Conversely Napoli are a fairly limited side (in comparison). They have done what they needed to maintain their push in Serie A but in terms of CL matches they look troubled. Predicted: Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Inler, Dzemali, Dossena; Hamsik, Lavezzi, Cavani That team is just not good enough to trouble sides of the top tier. They didn't fair too well against Italy's big teams last season and this City are far better than any of those. The D in particular is the big issue. I can see it getting trashed in all fairness. I do think Napoli can cause City their own problems going forward, and they'll get their share of the ball, but I think they'll really struggle to contain City. Aronica is an accident waiting to happen and prior to losing a man Cesena were troubling Napoli at the weekend. Cannavaro and Campagnaro are decent - nothing more. I could go on further but there is not really any point. My bet is based largely on the strength of the squads. Both are newbies in the game but I think Napoli may be somewhat like rabbits in headlights Wednesday night. Man City -1.5 - 2.020 - 4 points - Pinnacle

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September NK Dinamo-CF Real Madrid Bet: Dinamo not to score Odd: 1,80 Bookie: local Stake: 6/10 I am also from Croatia but fan of Dinamo"s arch rival, HNK Hajduk Split. Last saturday Dinamo played hard match against my club, ended 1:1 althoguh Dinamo had man more on the field for 70 minutes. Second half they were better, but did not create much opportunities. From my point of view Dinamo has no chances against Real Madrid side, cause guests are far more higher level then boys from Zagreb. Maybe the weakest part of Dinamo"s side is their coach and I am not sure how long is he going to last( probably will get fired when dinamo finish last in group ). For this match right back Šime Vrsaljko and Josip Šimunić are not available, so defence is going to be weak, Dinamo"s efforts on the right side are going to be much less dangerous than it was against Malmo first game. So when I see everything, I am confident about this pick.

No, it's not only about 4-0 loss to Dynamo. The graph from scibet indicates the form of CSKA starting April 2011 10035efa9e92.png Jul 31 FT Krasnodar 1-1 CSKA Moscow Aug 6 FT CSKA Moscow 0-2 Zenit Aug 13 FT FK Rubin Kazan 1-1 CSKA Moscow Aug 20 FT CSKA Moscow 3-0 FK Tom' Tomsk Aug 28 FT Spartak Moscow 2-2 CSKA Moscow In a month they've won only Tom' Tomsk, which is probably the worst team in the league at the moment. And after the match with Dynamo, head coach of CSKA had to apologize to their fans for the loss. Back to the Europa, I don't say that it is impossible for CSKA to get a positive result in France because Doumbia, Dzagoev and Tosic know how to put a ball into the net, moreover all of a sudden Wagner Love might get motivated and start playing football. However my pick is Lille @ 2.06 marathonbet [strength 1/10] "It is statistics that Russian teams do not play well against French teams, sad stats but we cannot do anything about it..." (Karpin)
You're obviously closer to the Russian action than I am but those results don't look that bad to me... 3 away draws against teams in the top half isn't a disaster. Is it worth recommending Lille though if you don't really have a strong conviction? it's not as though their odds are that attractive.

Whatever' date=' I won't recommend anything here.[/quote'] don't let one poster who sounds as if he may be a cska ultra for all we know stop you from posting here. You made great points and will be valuable to someone looking into the game. I was close to taking Dinamo over the weekend but didn't have the guts unfortunately...why? because cska certainly is in a poor run. I've watched many of they're games this season and they certainly don't look the same as they did 4-6t weeks ago. and when they are winning they aren't scoring for fun as they did previously. The goalkeeper injury is a serious one too. Charles, why does he have to have a super strength conviction of Cska? he was just pointing out to those who may not know the form of cska has been descending and told us his bet. It's not as if he said 'Lille for max stakes'

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September FC Basel vs Otelul Galati I'm not much of a swiss football expert but i know Otelul Galati pretty well and I can tell you there is no way Otelul can make some points in this years Champions League. Like Unirea Urziceni two years ago, Otelul managed to win to championship by being transformed by a young talented coach. With a budget under 2 millions euros the team has no high value players and made no serious transfers this summer.IT is still counting on being a "team" but unfortunately this is not working out for them this season as they are no longer seen as underdogs. After 6 rounds in Romania's Liga 1, Otelul managed to get only 7 points and is ranked 14th, showing poor football in most of the games.In the last round they played at CFR Cluj and got a 4-0 beating. As a comparison, CFR Cluj played Basel in last years CHL group stage and lost in Switzerland 1-0. I have to admit that Otelul is far from last years CFR Cluj and I am seeing Basel a total banker at odds around 1.6 . Basel @ 1.60 with bet365 10/10 Basel -1 @ 2.1 7/10 I would appreciate some info from a swiss football expert.;)

FC Basel vs Otelul Galati I'm not much of a swiss football expert but i know Otelul Galati pretty well and I can tell you there is no way Otelul can make some points in this years Champions League. Like Unirea Urziceni two years ago, Otelul managed to win to championship by being transformed by a young talented coach. With a budget under 2 millions euros the team has no high value players and made no serious transfers this summer.IT is still counting on being a "team" but unfortunately this is not working out for them this season as they are no longer seen as underdogs. After 6 rounds in Romania's Liga 1, Otelul managed to get only 7 points and is ranked 14th, showing poor football in most of the games.In the last round they played at CFR Cluj and got a 4-0 beating. As a comparison, CFR Cluj played Basel in last years CHL group stage and lost in Switzerland 1-0. I have to admit that Otelul is far from last years CFR Cluj and I am seeing Basel a total banker at odds around 1.6 . Basel @ 1.60 with bet365 10/10 Basel -1 @ 2.1 7/10 I would apprecieate some info from a swiss football expert.;)
You don't need to be an expert. After watching Basel in the previous seasons everyone saw that they are a decent team and play good football at home. I might take them in a double with something else.

hahahaha you got me there :ok 10569319.th.jpg No matter what, Real beating Dinamo is surer bet than Barcelona beating Sociedad. And just like Plavi24 said, it all depends on Real Madrid. If they play the way they do Dinamo has nothing to look for in that game, on the other hand, if Real plays like Barcelona played yesterday anything is possible. I just cant see that happening.
Pathetic..:DD

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September i dont have any particular reasoning behind this bet so take it for what you will but the last few days i have been "guessing" that the most prolific striker in a team will score the first goal i guessed soldado for valencia, i guessed roonery against bolton, i guessed gomez for bayern admittedly these were guesses in my head but i just had a feeling in the same vein i believe basel have a player called shaqiri, sought after by quite a few teams in europe - i have a feeling he might score first against otelul like i say, its only guesswork - if it wins its pure fluke, if it loses - sorry

don't let one poster who sounds as if he may be a cska ultra for all we know stop you from posting here. You made great points and will be valuable to someone looking into the game. I was close to taking Dinamo over the weekend but didn't have the guts unfortunately...why? because cska certainly is in a poor run. I've watched many of they're games this season and they certainly don't look the same as they did 4-6t weeks ago. and when they are winning they aren't scoring for fun as they did previously. The goalkeeper injury is a serious one too. Charles, why does he have to have a super strength conviction of Cska? he was just pointing out to those who may not know the form of cska has been descending and told us his bet. It's not as if he said 'Lille for max stakes'
I think Karamzin and I have come to the same conclusion about the match. CSKA are not in the best form that is clear but as I said their results recently have not been disastrous except for the last one at the weekend which I suggested might have had some underlying causes. As Karamzin acknowledges they still have the potential to cause Lille problems. Whether or not they will is another matter. The information Karamzin has provided has been very useful and it is appreciated. I have enjoyed debating with him. I said in my earlier posts that I am not close enough to the Russian action to have a completely rounded opinion and accepted that it sounded like he did so I'm not sure why you suggest that I could be a CSKA Ultra. For a born and bred Manchester boy that certainly has made me chuckle:lol Basically I was advising the original poster not to take it as a given that Lille were good things in this match up as he seemed to dismiss CSKA all too easily in my opinion and he admitted this himself which was commendable on his part. Karamzin agrees that Lille should not be classed as good things otherwise is recommendation of Lille would have been stronger than 1/10. I was only asking him why he recommends such bets. I think that was a legitimate question to ask. Maybe overall he makes profit on this type of bet, I don't know, that's why I asked. I'm not sure if he has taken offense but it was not my intention to cause any. So for the record Karamzin and I are not suggesting Lille are good things so there probably doesn't need to be any further discussion between us on this fixture. Good luck with your bets:ok

You don't need to be an expert. After watching Basel in the previous seasons everyone saw that they are a decent team and play good football at home. I might take them in a double with something else.
I agree with Mustafa on this one. In fact, I am going to follow up on his suggestion taking it even further and making it a FC Basel -1,5 @2,65 and ManUtd -1,5 @3,30 double for a big win with bwin. Oțelul Galați are a weaker side than they were last year, so far in the Romanian league they occupy the 14th place (out of 18) with 2-1-3. FC Basel are fresh after a morale-boosting 0-4 league thrashing of Servette FC, and in my opinion they will try to snatch the second place in the group from Benfica, and therefore 3 points at home here are essential to their plans. I feel the Swiss side will encounter little resistance from the CL newcomers. As for Benfica - Man Utd, to add to what has been said above, Benfica are a decent side, and they win at home against Portugeese opponents, but I believe Sir Alex will motivate his side to another astonishing display of footbal genius, following the memorable 8-2 at home to Arsenal and 0-5 away at Bolton victories - and in light of the Saturday clash with Chelsea he'll definitely want to keep morale high. Vidic and Ferdinand are out, so Johnny Evans and Phil Jones are the central defenders of choice. The only weak spot is the terrible Michael Carrick in the midfield, but as long as Manchester sticks to his world class wingers and Anderson, this game will not go wrong. Benfica's weak spot is also her midfield, so I expect Man Utd to dominate the game posession-wise (as long as they omit Carrick). In my opinion Benfica's attacking talents will probably manage to score a goal, but that will certainly be thwarted by the likes of Rooney (terrific form, already netting 2 hat-tricks in the Premier League), Nani, Young and Hernandez. United have won every game of this season's campaign including all of the pre-season games and I don't see how that should change. Therefore I recommend FC Basel -1,5 and ManUtd -1,5 @ 2,65 * 3,30 = 8,75 with bwin. :hope For a safer alternative there's also Benfica - ManUtd Over 2,5 Goals @ 2 with bet365.

I did. With City in CL and PSV on Thursday in euroleague. All of them big favorites, all with many goals in recent games, all playing at home, all got odds about 1,4.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Man City - Napoli Pick: City AHC 0:1 @2,03 Man City has found now itself as a team. They are becoming one of the best teams in Europe & England like Mancini said. Now with Silva, Agüero and Nasri they have one of the most dangerours offence in World. Dzeko is getting his old form from Wolfsburg back and scores one goal after the other. English league is much stronger than italian. Napoli won their first game with 3:1 in Casena, but ok Casena is not a big opponent and they got a red card in the 56' min then Napoli scored the other 2 goals ! Man Citys defence and offence is perfekt. They rarely concede goals at home. another reason is that in this group nobody can allow to loose points at home because the awaygames will much harder. at home they have to try to get all points and score many goals as possible. With their new offence players they play much more offence with agüero and dzeko upfront and silva and nasri behind them. they scored 15 goals in their 4 PL Games. I think we will see tonight another great game from the citizens! My call is 3-0 or 4-0 :ok Another good bet i found is : City to score Over 2,5 goals @2,37 -small stakes-

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Manchester City - Napoli Embarassing odds for third team in Italy. I did see City games so far, but this is Cl and they are against Napoli team who is strong, has depth and misses only Donadel and Britos, both easy replaced. City play offensive football, but Napoli put all pieces together after transfer window close. Inler was the biggest plus, and golden trio of Hamsik - Lavezzi - Cavani stayed. Dont need much added infos here, Napoli is great value on this hcp. Napoli +1.5 @ 1.93 sbobet

UEFA Competitions 2011-2012 3-1-0 +2.00 units (75.00%) CSKA +0.5 (-110) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Seen some pretty good info on them in here. It's better then betting Spartak I guess
:moon Say something if you have to say about CSKA Moscow frogs, it is not playing Spartak tonight. I see you are CSKA fan just because 1. you took X2 without any reasoning ; 2. "it is better then betting Spartak" - fck off and fck all your stats 3-1-0 you present.

Manchester City - Napoli ....BUT THIS IS CHAMPION'S LEAGUE and they are against Napoli team who is strong... Napoli +1.5 @ 1.93 sbobet
I will not follow , but I like this post much...I see some heavy H'caps above suggested on all big names - Real, Man U, and strange enough - with City and Basel. It is football, and all these favourites might as well beat the - 1,5 AH lines ( and higher ), but : -- this is CL and more than just often weaker teams over-perform. It is 11 vs 11 players, and if no surprises in football there would have been no betting at all - all we had to do would be to stake high on accumulators with favourites; -- the current form in the domestic leagues has been going down the drain even more often, and often enough in the least-expected games. Again - because this is a different competition. Why are people often ready to go against favourites in local Cups, but expect nothing like this here; -- and finally - do any of the favourites really need to beat heavy H'caps? Anyone giving extra money or points for a 5-0 win? A 1-0 win ( or a 3-2 one ) is just as good to Sir Alex or Man City - it is 3 points and a good start, at the beginning of a long season... Last night should ring a bell to some. In case you want to go deeper, check the start of CL in the previous 1-2 years. For instance how many times did Man U pressed for more goals after taking the lead away? In Bursa? Would Sir Alex consider a Draw in Lisbon a disaster for a start? In this group? Don't think so...Would Man City be gutted with a 2-1 win over a good opponent on their first-ever CL game? No... GL

Manchester City - Napoli Embarassing odds for third team in Italy. I did see City games so far, but this is Cl and they are against Napoli team who is strong, has depth and misses only Donadel and Britos, both easy replaced. City play offensive football, but Napoli put all pieces together after transfer window close. Inler was the biggest plus, and golden trio of Hamsik - Lavezzi - Cavani stayed. Dont need much added infos here, Napoli is great value on this hcp. Napoli +1.5 @ 1.93 sbobet
Ok I remember reading somewhere that Napoli don't fare well away against the stronger teams. I'm pretty sure they lost away to Inter, AC Milan & Udinese (possibly another top six Italian team aswell) by 2 or more goals. Also they lost at Anfield in last seasons Europa league 3-1 and pretty sure that was when Liverpool was in a slump too. Logic says that City are stronger than the above mentioned Serie A big boys and therefore a similar (or worse) fate awaits Napoli. Add to that the fact that the City team is littered with CL experience and this Napoli team have never tasted it before. This is important to note considering in CL the game is generally more tactical and faster than the league. Saw snippets of the Cesena (considered relegation candidate) game and until the red card they were giving Napoli a few problems. I agree with you that they have good players like Lavezzi etc. but when was the last time they came up against an opponent as formidable as City? In a + 1.5 Asian handicap, if City win 2-0 is they entire stake lost?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Basel vs Otelul Home side is the clear favorite in this game. Not just because they have a very big experience at this leavel and Otleul has none, but also because they have a big omogenity of the group. Otelul had a good moment last season, but mainly they won the title cause none of the followeres was able to get in front. There were 4 teams gihting for title and in the last part of the season all of them lost to weaker sides. This season, Otelul is a midteam in Romania and I rate them with no chance in getting points in this group. Tonight I expect to see a 10 men defending team Otelul Galati and a home side that will attack continuously. With Frei and Streller in attack home side should have no fear that they will not score. Just need patience. Home win! home -1 AH @ 2.09 with 188bet

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Villareal vs Bayern Bayern and coach Jupp Heynckes started already to become a great partnership. Bayern regain the lost glory and their style of playing. What I like best to this team is the fact they haven't conceded goals lately. Neuer is a great goalkeeper, but here I am talking about the playing system that Bayern uses. In the midfield Ribery reminded to all that he is back fresher as ever while Kroos confirmed once agains that he is a good investment. Bayern got some very good players in the summer as Boateng, Usami from Gamba Osaka, Rafinha from Genoa (ex Schalke04) and also Petersen, 22 years old striker from Cottbus, scorer of 25 goals last season in 2.Bundesliga. Villareal played 4 games already this season, but they have only 1 win, a 3-0 over Odense BK. They are a good side, but in a group with Manchester City, Napoli and Bayern they should fight for 3rd spot in my view. They have sold some good players and I think they are weaker than they were last season. The departures of Capdevilla, Altidore and mainly Cazorla and the buying of Zapata from Udinese, Camunas and de Guzman from Mallorca I think that have weakened the side. Tonight we will see 2 sides that are fighting for 3 points. In this group, any draw might cost the promotion to the next stage. Nilmar and Rossi are quality strikers and can help Villareal, but IMO we will have 1 goal or two tonight and a win for Bayern. Have to admit that Villareal are the weakest in this group and Bayern targets 3 points clearly. away -0.25 AH @ 1.85 with Instant Action Sports

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Villareal v Bayern Munchen Villareal +0.5 @1.775 with b365 Villareal will try to extend their great home performance in the European competitions. Yellow submarine recorded 9 consecutive wins at El Madrigal, adding to this they've never lost against German opposition at home (2 wins and 1 draw), actually Villareal have never lost a home fixture in Champions League. Last year Spaniards eliminated Leverkusen of Jupp Heynckes in EL defeating them in both legs. Bayern on the other hand have a terrible away performance against Spanish teams in the last 10 years (0 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses). Villareal rely exclusively on their home games to collect points both in La Liga and European competitions. 4 days ago they found themselves a goal down and a man down against Sevilla at home. But somehow they managed to outperform their tough opponent and turned the score around to 2-1. Sevilla nicked a late equalizer and were lucky to get something out of that game. Suspended for Villareal is Borja, one of the last season's key players, but honestly I find him out of form after watching his start of the current season so his absence wouldn't be such a blow for the hosts. Bayern are picking up pace as the season goes and they look better and better after the schoking defeat to M'gladbach in the 1st Bundesliga round. Since then they recorded 6 wins with the impressive goal difference of 19-0. But if we take a look in their winning run we'll see their wins came against far inferior teams like Hamburg, Freiburg, Wolfsburg, Kaiserslautern which in my opinion will all be involved in the relegation battle in Germany. The other two wins came against Zurich in the CL 3rd qualifying round. However win is a win no matter who is the opponent but i think Villareal at their home ground will give Bayern quite a battle and this will be the first serious test for the Germans. Olic and Robben are going to miss the clash tonight. The absence of the Dutch is a huge blow for Bavarians, they often struggle to find the net when he is off the pitch. Given the great home record of Villareal contrasting to the poor record of Bayern against Spanish teams plus the missing of Robben, I think home side are valuable pick. EDIT: Villareal +0.5 rised to 1.85 now.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Dinamo Zagreb - Real Madrid Dinamo is coming into this game with a draw in biggest croatian derby vs Hajduk, they had a one man advantage for 70 minutes but coulnd't capitalise on that, while Real beat Getafe at home with 4-2, but they were playing really relaxed, as much as they needed for the win. Dinamo's next game will be with Varazdin, which should be an easy game, while Real will go to Valencia to meet Levante. Both teams are in pretty good form, but this game is another level for croatian champions. There is no H2H between these two teams, but huge difference in terms of quality. Dinamo will be without long term injured Biscan, Cufre is doubtful, while Vrsaljko and Simunic are suspended. This missings are a blow, despite Tonel and Vida managed to put some good games together. On the right side of defence Tomecak should play in a place of Vrsaljko. Real is still missing their signings from Bundesliga Sahin and Altintop, with Khedira doubtful. With all said i believe in: Real Madrid -2 AH, 2.14 188Bet 5/10