** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 14 September

Mustafa

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Yes i agree, this is another game that will start slowly imo and i feel even if man united play poorly in the first half, they will get better in the second half. Its tight for value but united looks too good this year i feel. Ive already put a hefty bet on Utd DNB, and im gonna have a small punt on Draw/Utd HTFT because if the score is 0-0 at half time, united's odds will probably drift to about 6/4 or 7/4 depending how well each team is playing i will probably put a bet on utd win. Better back that pre match at better odds! Yes, things can happen in football, there is no way anyone can be 100% sure on any match being played (netherlands vs san marino included) and there are always days where everything goes wrong, all shots hits the post, refree gives a bad decision etc, but you just have to weigh these odds and find value

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September

Im gonna wait to see the line ups of the teams but my initial thoughts are for a treble on Man City' date=' Inter and United. Odds are 4.5 @betfair and i believe all 3 teams should win, with the form the 2 manchester clubs are showing they should pick up 3 points and Inter are a class ahead of Trabzonspor. Anyone have thoughts on this potential bet?[/quote'] On domestic form City should win that goes without saying but they're still a bit short for my liking. They weren't convincing in last season's Europa League. Of course their focus for this one should be much sharper but their odds have been assessed on potential rather than a proven European track record. United might be happy to settle for a draw and who will Ferguson choose to rest? United have a very important game against Chelsea at the weekend. I think Inter takes care of itself:ok

Im gonna wait to see the line ups of the teams but my initial thoughts are for a treble on Man City' date=' Inter and United. Odds are 4.5 @betfair and i believe all 3 teams should win, with the form the 2 manchester clubs are showing they should pick up 3 points and Inter are a class ahead of Trabzonspor. Anyone have thoughts on this potential bet?[/quote'] Can I implore you not to take this bet :) Bookies love punters such as yourself :ok

On domestic form City should win that goes without saying but they're still a bit short for my liking. They weren't convincing in last season's Europa League. Of course their focus for this one should be much sharper but their odds have been assessed on potential rather than a proven European track record. United might be happy to settle for a draw and who will Ferguson choose to rest? United have a very important game against Chelsea at the weekend. I think Inter takes care of itself:ok
I watched Inter lose against Palermo and Inter were bloody awful, bear in mind Palermo lost most of their better players in the summer too. Defence especially was very poor..last night proved there are no certain wins for any teams, and such talk is ill advised :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September FC Basel v Otelul Galati 6pts FC Basel -1.0AH @ 1.92 Ladbrokes Just based on Champions League experience alone, FC Basel have got a lot more in comparison to newcomers Otelul. Basel demolished their opponents 4-0 in their last league game whereas Otelul come into this game where they lost to Cluj 4-0. Momentum and confidence has to be with the FC Basel camp, and I got to side with the more in-form and experienced team in this match. Benfica vs Man Utd 6pts Man Utd to win @ 2.08 Pinnacle Sports I think it is safe enough to be backing Man Utd in this fixture despite the absentees in their defense. Man Utd have won all 4 league games thus far scoring a total of 18 goals and conceding only 3 goals. Benfica on the other hand have won 3 out of 4 games so far this season. Seeing how United will be facing Chelsea at the weekend there are bound to be changes to the side facing Benfica, but you cannot help but think that whoever starts for Man Utd will be strong enough to get a win given the way they have started this season. Gotta side with Man Utd in this game. Villareal vs Bayern Munich 3pts Bayern Munich to win to nil @ 3.75 Totesport This bet is a speculative punt. Bayern are playing really well winning 4 out of their 5 league games. Including the 2 champions league qualifying matches that they played, they have had a run of 6 clean sheets winning all of them along the way. I think they can continue their run against a weaker Villareal side. Add to the fact that Bayern come into this match off a 7-0 win in their last league match, I think this might be a smart punt to back them to win to nil away to Villareal. Inter Milan vs Trabzonspor 6pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 Boylesports Going on this bet based on past champions league's season statistics. 8 of 10 of Inter Milan's games in the Champions League ended Over 2.5 Goals last season. I have got to side with the Overs in this match given how Inter played in their opening match versus Palermo where they lost 4-3. They showed that they could score as well as concede a couple of goals. This should give Trabzonspor a chance to score against a leaky defense. Dinamo Zagreb vs Real Madrid 6pts Real Madrid (-1.5AH) @ 1.69 Paddy Power Real Madrid look in stunning form having won 6-0 and 4-2 in their two league games thus far. They should be looking to start their Champions league campaign this time round with a bang. The odds may not appeal to everyone, but I fancy Real Madrid to win by at least 2 goals against their opponents given the way they have played both pre-season, in this season thus far and given their attacking prowess. Man City vs Napoli 6pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.70 Boylesports Again not such a pretty price, but I fancy there to be goals in this fixture. Man City we all know have had an awesome start to the season having won all of their league games thus far, scoring atleast 3 goals per match along the way. Napoli won their 1st league game 1-3 and also had a decent pre-season. Both sides have showed that they can score goals and that alone has me convinced that there will be at least 3 goals in this match given the number of attacking players that will be taking part in this match from both sides.

I watched Inter lose against Palermo and Inter were bloody awful' date=' bear in mind Palermo lost most of their better players in the summer too. Defence especially was very poor..last night proved there are no certain wins for any teams, and such talk is ill advised :ok[/quote'] You know and I know that Inter on paper should win comfortably. Of course we all know in football it's not always as easy as that:ok

Dont want heavy discussions, but Europa league can not be compared to EL, Napoli played shit last season there, as did all Italian team, who just dont care about it. This season, Palermo was knowcked out to Thun, just for curiosity. Logic has nothing to do with it. Surely Barca is better than Milan?? yes of course, but why didnt they win 4-0 or better, Ibra was not playing... Inexperience in CL, i am convinced no lack of mitivation, and Napoli has players with experiences form national teams, probalby nothing to worry about. Cesena aint half bad, kept alomst whole team, added some big names of Serie A (Mutu, Cnadreva...), they won relegate this season, i have them on placed 12-14. And Napoli played every season games against teams as formidable as City, ot better said, light years more formidabble (Milan, Inter, Juventus and also Roma can be there). If I remember, cup win was only Citys title in some 30 years, while Italians have ruled Europe in 90s. And there is far more than only Lavezzi. Cavani, Pandev, Inler, Hamsik, Maggio, Dossena...all big players. One thing is sure, City has all the money and want to buy trophies, Napoli worked on this team for some 4 years now, keeping it together and adding only what is needed (I am pretty sure, Mazzari does not have the need for 15 defensive midfielders as Mancini has). Outcome is a mistery, but hcp is set so high, that not taking it, is missing one hell of a value bet.
my first post in a long while, had to say something... you talk about logic has nothing to do with it... then go on to say EL cannot be compared to CL but internationals can? What international stars does Napoli have? Lavezzi/Cavani cannot break into the first team, and to name Dossena as a big game player? :unsure really? and to talk about City's last 30 years in absolutely pointless considering they have totally revamped their team over 3 years time. 15 defensive midfielders? you must play FIFA too much, please name just two more beyond de Jong... and if you mention Toure or Barry you obviously have not watched a City game the past year Roma and Juventus are light years better than City??? Lets go back to you saying logic has nothing to do with it.... if logic had nothing to do with it, taking only players names into consideration... wouldnt Man city's starting 11 crush napoli's? sorry for the rant, i was just face palming and shaking my head through your entire post. However, it is fair to say Napoli have good odds on the AH, but i cannot see beyond a Man City win at home, even at short odds im taking them at anything beyond Man City - 1.35 but i am staking heavily on Man City keeping a clean sheet at 1.95 Benfica are a good team at home, but ManU are in great form and their confidence must be high... even considering they may not play their strongest team I like any odds over evens.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September As a Man City fan I have my doubts about us keeping a clean sheet tonight. With De Jong out and Barry doubtful, our back four could be exposed against the likes of Hamsik, Lavezzi & Cavani. Hope we do, though! :hope Oh, and I'm considering a double on Bayern & United at 3/1 with bet365. Seems good value.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Ajax - Lyon 1-1, can't see ajax strong enough to win here, it's not like the results in their quite poor championship matter. Lyon are decent this year, but they aren't strong enough to win this one either. Basel - Otelul try 1-0, two poor teams(Basel suck this year, Otelul too, but they are good defensively, it's all they;re good at) Benfica - Man Utd 2-2, You may be Man Utd, but you don't beat Benfica on their stadium, not in the first match of the group, anyway. D Zagreb - R Madrid 1-2, because R Madrid simply won't give a **** about anything more than the 3 points and D Zagreb won't put them many problems Inter - Trabzon 3-1. Inter has 3 defenders so they can concede here but they will win 2-1 or more likely 3-1 cause Trabzon are not that much of a great team. Lille - CSKA 1-1, cause CSKA are no pushovers and just a 0-4 result doesn't mean anything. More than that everybody goes on Lille so it's sure thing a draw in that case. Man City - Napoli 2-1 3-1 3-2, because Napoli play 3 4 3 and they will concede at least 2 Villareal - Bayern just draw, because Bayern Munich are in good form, but they're poor against spanish and it's also the first match of the group and away. I don't see Villareal as silly as to lose at home in their first game and I don't see Munich pushing so strongly as to win away in the first match. Again the public went silly on Bayern, they won;t win.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Benfica - Man Utd ower 2,5 @2 Mancester without Vidic and Ferdinand in defence but with BIG Rooney. 21 goal in 5 games - what to say. Man City - Napoli ower 2,5 @1,8 I expect open game with plenty of opportunities on both sides. Napoli is ower team especially away and City is in great shape.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September I have done a £40 acca on the following... Man utd match over 2.5 goals @ 5/6 - both teams here like to attack and the onus will be on Benfica to come forward which will suit Man Utd. Man Utd in great shape at the moment and I expect at least 3 goals in this game! Real Madrid HT-FT @ 8/13 Real Madrid have started well this season and should be far too good for their opponents today. I think they will score early in this match. Unlike Barcelona, Real Madrid don't try and walk the ball in the back of the net and are not afraid of long shots. Inter @ 1/3 - This was just to boost the winnings! Couldn't really decide on anything other than just a home win. They should prove too strong for their opponents but being Italian, they will be patient. Lille @ 4/5 I like the look of Lille. They will go all out to win their home games and they have some very exciting players.. especially Hazard Man City HT-FT @ 10/11 - These last 2 are probably the most risky. Napoli are a decent team but Man City's forward players are all world class. They have started the season in unbelievable form and should be able to win this comfortably. Bayern @ 6/5 Tough game but they are scoring goals for fun, whereas Villareal have started poorly. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 14 September Villareal - Bayern Referee: Turkiye, Cakir Cuneiyt http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/251/?ft=&fp=_1 Villareal - Napoli previous years : 8 cardsAfter hitting yesterday 4-0 CL, today I go 3-0 (likely) with Reiner Necker - Hamburg going for the over 57.5 (possible end over) after two wins in the Kontinental Hockey League early .. and 4th bet : Kiel THV -9 over Goppingen So this is the 5th bet for me today. I didnt post the bets because no one would give a damn on it, without reasoning,, so pick: Barys Astana - Traktor Over 5.5 @ 2.00 3/10 (end 4:3) isnt a reasoning :) Jump on the cards here, yesterday show you an easy way: Over 4.5 cards APOEL - Zenit, end 4:3 If Neuer play, did not check lines - he get on card only Bayern leading by one goal difference at the very end. Valencia - Shake 04 previous season he get it :)) Villareal would get nervous if Bayern score and besides german teams are not disciplinary ones. Over 3.5 yellow cards @ 1.61 when one red counted as two yellow @ Bet365.. a gift considering here referees stats. GL :ok

Benfica v Man Utd Under2.5 @ 1.85 5 of the last 6 Man Utd away games in the CL have gone under. 3 out of the 6 Benfica homes game have gone under. Not that confident taking utd outright as the odds are drifting a little. Feel this could be a tight opener. 0-0 and possibly 0-1 Utd. Draw could be a good bet to. But ive stuck at this one.
I like the unders bet - knowing how tight Man United normally keep things away from home, I expected the 'overs' odds to be nearer 1.6. In fact, the odds are 1.95 on Unibet, which I think has to be good value. Both sides have class attacks, but judging by previous Man Utd CL away games, it might well be a tight defensive game ...

Part of what you are saying is exactly what I mean...Yet who says Benfica will be parking a bus? Who says for certain that it is United who will score first? It was AC that did the damage aerly wasn't it? AC Milan surely didn't park any buses anywhere. BATE were the better team either way, so scoring was no surprise, on the contrary - they could have scored earlier....and that Victoria example of yours does not fit at all - the game was very open, with chances at both ends... What ''players' behaviour'' are you on about? Players come out to win, and 1-0 is just as good as 2-0. A tight United approach vs the better teams in Europe while away is exactly the behaviour of Sir Alex and his players. No need to check previous stats - the game at Valencia last year in the Group Stage is your best example - 2 chances, 1-0 win, job done. I rate Valencia last year just a touch above tonight's Benfica. Tight games at Villareal, Lille, etc also come to mind when United are away... If what you say is right, and United ( as expected ) score first, do you seriously think Sir Alex will press desperate for a second, OR simply try to ''kill'' the game, and possibly score a second? And that is exactly my point - that second goal might never come AND that second is the difference on a - 1,5AH... and do we need to rule out a goal by the hosts? I wouldn't, Benfica is not Bolton. Still if that is the case than instead of -1,5AH than a better choice is United clean sheet... It is your money, good luck, I think there are better games to look at tonight.
While referring to "parking of a bus" I was thinking of the attacking side, defending the one goal lead. Perhaps I went a bit to far in my reasoning, Barca was just inefficient and BATE was good as well. I also wholeheartedly agree with "1-0 is just as good as 2-0. A tight United approach vs the better teams in Europe while away is exactly the behaviour of Sir Alex and his players." Surely IF ManUtd score one the second may never come, but as I said that is reflected in the odds -> my predicted scenario is not a scenario I can imagine happening every game. It will be by all means an open game where anything can happen. I play it with a double with FC Basel -1,5 and I'd expect this bet to lose 2 out of 3 times, so I decided to take it at 8,75. As for a United clean sheet - I would avoid that with De Gea, Vidic and Ferdinand missing away. What games are you playing today, Nicko? P.S. Of course my reasoning is now undermined by Sir Alex's "experimental" squad, frankly I think of leaving Nani and Young out as not taking the opponent seriously enough. Let's see how it goes though.