** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 13 September

Mustafa

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September This must be some kind of a joke, wright? I mean odd's on Shakhtar @6.00 (Victor Chandler). Even I'm trying to separate these two team's on quality basis, I simply can't do it. In my eye's, no way Porto should be that kind of favorite today. Yeah, they are 1st in Portugal, but at the same time Shakhtar is first in Ukraine. Porto managed to win El last season, but they suffered some loses as there is no more Falcao, real firepower in Porto team. And there is no more Villas Boas, mastermind of that Porto. Due to red card in SuperCup game VS BArca, suspended are also Guarin and Rolando and Sapunaru is out with an injury. Form line in this case is pretty useless, cause both of them are somekind of rullers in their domestic leagues, of course they win VS everyone in big margins (except VS Benfica in Porto's case, and Dinamo Kyev in Shakhtar's case). M. Lucescu know's his team possibilities, and he rested for weekend several players' : Srna (captain), Hubschmann, Pyatov (1st GK), Dentinho and Eduardo played only 60' minutes and they won 5:1 against Volyn, it look like a good training session before CL match. Porto played VS Setubal without main star Hulk (on field in 71') and they won 3:0 with all goal's scored in second half. If we take a closer look at these team's we will see bunch of Brazilian's who love to attack, and having in mind these absences in Porto's defence there is value (in my eye's) : Porto - Shakhtar Donetsk [email protected] 2/10 (Victor Chandler) Porto - Shakhtar Donetsk Shakhtar [email protected] 2/10 (bet365) GL to all of ya.....

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Porto vs Shakhtar I really can't believe these odds. Shakhtar is one of the strongest teams in Europe that didn’t went further in last year’s Champions League, just because they met mighty Barcelona. Porto is the winner of Europa League, but they have lost some important players and changed also the manager. They bought good players like Sandro, Defour and Kleber, but they will need time to adapt to the new team and to new coach. Vitor Pereira was a good option to replace André Villas-Boas and the team continues to win match after match. But conceding twice from Leiria says me that they still need to do some work there. For this game Porto will miss defender Rolando and midfielder Guarin. Mircea Lucescu targets to win this group. This match is also something that he wants to win. His experience and his capability of preparing matches like this made him famous. In the last match in the internal championship he rested defenders Olexandr Kucher,Vyacheslav Shevchuk and Darijo Srna. Striker Yevhen Seleznyov was inlvolved in a minor car accident and he will be available. I think that Shakhtar will offer a good resistance here. away +0.75 AH @ 2.14 with Victor Chandler

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Dortmund vs Arsenal Arsenal is a new team already, under construction, but do not expect to see them weaker. They are a top team and will always be a top team. Borussia surprised every one last season, when they won the title in Bundeliga and not just because they won it, but also for the manner they have done it. But now they are shaking already and I think their moment ran away. Do not get me wrong, I have watched them many times, I respect them, but I just feel them in a real bad moment. Arsenal will miss Ramsey and Wilshere in the midfield, but we know that Arsenal is a force in the midfield already. Arteta and Benayoun, Alex Song and Frimpong are great players and can replace their injured fellows. Arsenal will have the following players available for this match: Szczesny, Fabianski, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Djourou, Gibbs, Santos, Song, Frimpong, Arshavin, Walcott, Arteta, Benayoun, Gervinho, Park, Chamakh, Van Persie. I think that Arsenal has pretty good chances to win this match and I think is a pity to play away +0.25 AH. I am going for the big one! away 0 AH @ 3.04 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Genk vs Valencia Big value difference here. On a side we have Genk that got a great last season, but now they have dropped in intensity of their game play and that is seen in results. On the other side we have a team that likes attacking and aims to pass quick the reconstruction period. Valencia sold their best players, but got instead other quality players that are hungry for big achievements. They have sold Mata, Vicente, Del Horno, Gonzalez, Manuel Fernandez, Joaquin and Cesar. Instead they got the striker Piatti from Almeria, 8 goals last season, defender Barragan from Valladolid, midfielder Parejo from Getafe, defender Victor Ruiz from Napoli and defender Rami from Lille. With 2 great strikers like Jonas and Soldado are, having also a great midfield formed by Albelda, Costa and Pablo Hernandez, I think that Valencia will pass quickly their reconstruction period. I go here for an absolutely needed away win. If Valencia wants to go through, they must win games like this. They need the money from Champions League and they need to stay in this competition as much as they can. Valencia had financial problems and the money for the Champions League wins are welcome. away -1 AH @ 2.28 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Barcelona vs AC Milan I think this is the biggest gap that ever been between these two teams. Barcelona was demolished in the final of UCL in the 1993-1994 season. 4-0 for Milan and that must have left some scars. Guardiola is a true defender of this club and I think that he would love to see Milan thrashed. Despite having a 2-2 in the weekend, I think that Barcelona will offer a memorable show tonight. This bet is about a revenge that I expect to have from Barca. home -2 AH @ 2.40 with 188bet

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September There is two bets i like the look off for from tonights fixtures: Porto v Shakhtar Over 2.5 8/11 William Hill I think both sides like to attack and both sides have creativty and flair in thier sides, I think the suspensions at the back for porto can also open the game up much more than usual. I can understand why people are going for over 3.5 but I think I will play it safe. Chelsea v Leverkusen Under 2.5 Evens William Hill I know that recently the Chelsea games ahve went over 2.5 and against much weaker opposition than Leverkusen but when looking at Leverkusens start of the season they seem tighter at the back than last year. Also I dont think chelsea have started off great, they lack attacking flair and creativity therefore i think they might grind out a 1-0 win. The 3rd bet i like is Arsenal 16/5 William Hill, this 1 is more on just gut feeling, i always like arsenal away in the champions league for me they seem to play better as they play a more continental game than other english teams and this suits them as they can either hit teams on the break or they can try and control the pace of the game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September

This must be some kind of a joke, wright? I mean odd's on Shakhtar @6.00 (Victor Chandler). Even I'm trying to separate these two team's on quality basis, I simply can't do it. In my eye's, no way Porto should be that kind of favorite today. Yeah, they are 1st in Portugal, but at the same time Shakhtar is first in Ukraine. Porto managed to win El last season, but they suffered some loses as there is no more Falcao, real firepower in Porto team. And there is no more Villas Boas, mastermind of that Porto. Due to red card in SuperCup game VS BArca, suspended are also Guarin and Rolando and Sapunaru is out with an injury. Form line in this case is pretty useless, cause both of them are somekind of rullers in their domestic leagues, of course they win VS everyone in big margins (except VS Benfica in Porto's case, and Dinamo Kyev in Shakhtar's case). M. Lucescu know's his team possibilities, and he rested for weekend several players' : Srna (captain), Hubschmann, Pyatov (1st GK), Dentinho and Eduardo played only 60' minutes and they won 5:1 against Volyn, it look like a good training session before CL match. Porto played VS Setubal without main star Hulk (on field in 71') and they won 3:0 with all goal's scored in second half. If we take a closer look at these team's we will see bunch of Brazilian's who love to attack, and having in mind these absences in Porto's defence there is value (in my eye's) : Porto - Shakhtar Donetsk [email protected] 2/10 (Victor Chandler) Porto - Shakhtar Donetsk Shakhtar [email protected] 2/10 (bet365) GL to all of ya.....
It's a hard one to call. On the face of it, Shakhtar are good value at around 5.5. Apparently, Porto "have yet to lose a matchday one game at home, recording three wins and five draws" (I think these stats refer to the Champions League and Europa League) - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000263/match=2007573/prematch/preview/index.html#porto+defend+home This would make me more cautious about backing Shakhtar. Over 2.5 goals is seemingly good value too at around 1.8, but against this, neither side will want to lose their first game. Does a match between two attacking sides mean more goals?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September I was reading AVB is going to do a little rotating with the Chelsea squad to face Bayer Leverkusen to keep the squad fresh for the trip to Old Trafford on the weekend. Also read Ferdinand will not take part in Man Utd's match with Benfica.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Chelsea & Barcelona Double @ 1.76 Betfair Two teams at home tonight that want to reach at least the semis. Chelsea have excellent home record and cannot see Leverkusen really testing them. Barcelona are Barcelona, the best team in the planet. I don't overly rate AC's defence, especially Taiwo, and any weakness in the defence you can bet Barca will take advantage of it Arsenal vs Dortmund over2.5 @ evens Betfair As shown by Wenger's philosophy against Old Trafford he believes his team can go to any ground and beat them by playing the 'Arsenal way' which can be characterised by a lot of rash defending and plenty of attacking! I don't see this ideal changing today and I fancy them to get a good start to try and submiss a fully energised home crowd. Both sides think they can win here, Arsenal very frail defensively and Dortmund haven't played against the better teams in Europe for a while. Even with their key striker Barrios out I can still see Dortmund fashioning a number of key openings. Arsenal too, I expect a fully refreshed Gervinho to play a key part tonight. Arsenal to beat Dortmund @ 4.4 The Arsenal price seems to be all over the place, ranging from 3.5 to the best price with Betfair-4.4. I cannot ignore that price. Yes Arsenal have been severely weakened from the summer and have been anything but convincing so far but they still year in year out get to the latter stages of the CL competition. Dortmund are missing their best striker Barrios, who is tiresome as playing as the 1 up front. It's their first CL game for years and will attack Arsenal from the off. However, losing key central midfielders I think will force Arsenal to play through the wings more, and this tactic has worked against Dortmund in the past, especially through pacy wingers, which Arsenal have in abundance, as Gervinho returns. I can see this game being full of chances, and if that is the case, I fancy Arsenal to take more of theirs.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September I wouldn't bet on Shakhtar to win. I think both teams have a lot of experience in Europe but Porto is a bit above Shakhtar. Porto is currently 6th in UEFA Team Ranking and almost unbeaten at home. The fact of having lost a player like Falcao is not critical. No doubts he was an important player but I remember that in the past few years Porto lost Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe, Lisandro Lopez, Lucho Gonzalez, to name a few, and still managed to maintain it's performance. In this game in particular, despite the fact that Lucescu announced a more defensive stance, given the absences on Porto's defence and the quality attack of Shakhtar I see good value in backing Both To Score and Over 2.5 at around 1.85 (Betfair). GL:hope

Chelsea & Barcelona Double @ 1.76 Betfair Two teams at home tonight that want to reach at least the semis. Chelsea have excellent home record and cannot see Leverkusen really testing them. Barcelona are Barcelona, the best team in the planet. I don't overly rate AC's defence, especially Taiwo, and any weakness in the defence you can bet Barca will take advantage of it
Backing this as well paying 1.70 at Sportsbet. Barcelona agreed best team out there. However Chelsea have been playing poorly to their usual self. So fingers crossed they play well.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Porto vs Shaktar 13.09.2011 Pick: over 2,5 Odd: 1,82 (Sbobet, pinnacle...) Confidence: 4/10 Two natural offensive teams tonight for the first game of the group. Porto without normal central defense Rolando and Maicon takes his place, fact that should help the goals. On other hand, Guarin is "out" and the entrance of Beluschi gives Porto more offensive power. The supperb left wing of Porto´s attack is back (Alvaro Pereira + James) and with Hulk in a superb form and Kleber making his first goals i believe that Porto will score at least 2 goals today, because they always score at home. On other side we have other team stuffed with brazilians and with many attack options for today (Luiz Adriano, Jadson, Fernandinho...) and that should presents an offensive team too. They have an excellent goals performance in the Championship (24 goals in 9games) and they are with full squad, so I believe that´s a good bet for today.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September APOEL - Zenit St. Petersburg I am not interested here on the outcome. Just remember who's the referee : Eduardo Iturralde González (ESP) :ok This guy give many cards, penalties. With Zenit was previous year in Split when he showed 4 yellow card in the match with Hajduk - Zenit 2:3, plus two penalties given to Zenit. Back in 2009 Udinese - Zenit, same ref : penalty awarded to Udinese and card go over. APOEL played at home and won 3-1 in the Q for the groups , I cant remember the opposite team but do remember referee's name: Viktor Kassai. Cards? Oh, so many ! I dont have time, I'm in a hurry now but check stats on soccerway or football-lineups about the referees. For the football lovers and know about referees : Do you think its a difference between Kassai and Itturalde? :lol Both are crazy! Pick: Over 3.5 cards @ 1.60 Betcity There are several good bets with this bookie: * card between 82-90 min: Yes @ 1.85 * cards APOEL : over (2) @ 1.85 * cards Zenit : over (2) @ 1.75 * penalty awarded @ 4.00 You can find cards markets on Betsson or Bet365. GL!

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Porto are whitout Rolando and Fredy Guarin who are suspended after being sent off against Barcelona, while Emidio Rafael has been left out of the squad for the group phase due to a broken leg. For Shakhtar Oleksandr Kucher, Vyacheslav Shevchuk and Darijo Srna were all rested on Friday after returning from international duty with knocks but are expected to be available, while striker Yevhen Seleznyov is also set to play after recovering from a head injury. Their last visit to Portugal was against Brage.. A match they won 0-3.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Chelsea - Bayer Leverkusen under 2.5 @ 2.00 pinnacle Chelsea have conceded in each of their last 3 EPL games, but expect their defence to be much more solid here as Bayer Leverkusen will be content to sit back and try to work out this Chelsea side before pressing forward. In the Bundesliga, they had scored just 2 goals in 4 games, before scoring 4 against a subpar Augsburg but now face a much more experienced and talented defence at this level. Their own defence had 2 clean sheets in a row before conceding at the weekend, and with Chelsea without Drogba and Torres is misfiring, then the likes of Sturridge and Kalou may get a run here, but they too, have not played often, or at all, at this level, and the defenders tend to be better. Believe that both sets of defenders will win out here and hence see this as a low scoring game. Valencia -1 (AH) @ 1.98 pinnacle Genk have been conceding goals in their domestic games in Belgium as they have allowed at least 2 goals in 3 of their last 4 games. Though they have been scoring goals, with at least 2 goals scored in 3 of their last 4 games, this is a different level and expect them to be more subdued in this game, as they play a team that is better than them. Like the look of Valencia's forwards especially Soldado, and like them to score here, as they have won both of their first 2 games in the Primera Liga in Spain, with Soldado having scored 4 goals so far. Like them to win here, and reasonably confident that they can at least a couple here, while the defence will be much more solid as they were on the weekend. Borussia Dortmund - Arsenal over 2.5 @ 2.00 pinnacle Borussia Dortmund, like Arsenal, are a team that like to go forward and attack the opposition, so being at home, dounbt that they will sit back and defend, which is not their natural way. Players like Goetze and Kagawa are players who can create and score, and Grosskreutz and Lewandowski have been finding the net in the Bundesliga, so like their chances of scoring on this Arsenal defence that has had its problems in defending this year. Arsenal, with their problems so far this season, will continue to attack, and with the likes of van Persie, they have players who can create and score goals. Though they beat Swansea only 1-0, the fact they won, and the chances they created will give them some more confidence to go out there and continue that kind of form. Dortmund have conceded in 3 of their 5 games so they can be breached, and like both teams to score here, with each team, based on the way they play, looking to go on and get the winner. Barcelona - AC Milan over 3.5 @ 2.32 pinnacle Barcelona are Barcelona and they have the quality to score at will as they have a variety of talented players who can create chances and score goals. Milan are not the same team of old, and they lack the defence to hold out Barcelona. No gattuso to screen the back 4, while Mexes is missing from the defence, so like Barcelona to score some goals here. Milan though will fancy their chances of scoring on Barcelona as they are without the regular pairing of Puyols and Pique in the centre of the defence, and this showed on the weekend when they allowed 2 goals to let slip a 2-0 lead, and ended up drawing 2-2 against Real Sociedad. Pato and Cassano have enough quality about them to get in behind this Barcelona defence, so can see them scoring at least one goal here.

Barcelona vs AC Milan I think this is the biggest gap that ever been between these two teams. Barcelona was demolished in the final of UCL in the 1993-1994 season. 4-0 for Milan and that must have left some scars. Guardiola is a true defender of this club and I think that he would love to see Milan thrashed. Despite having a 2-2 in the weekend, I think that Barcelona will offer a memorable show tonight. This bet is about a revenge that I expect to have from Barca. home -2 AH @ 2.40 with 188bet
I remember there was some pre season cup a few seasons ago at the nou camp Barcelona vs AC milan where it ended as a 1 - 1 draw (barcelona won on penalties in the end), but the game was really slow and not alot of chances were created. I agree barcelona will win, but -2 AH will mean barcelona needs to win 3 - 0, 4 - 0, 4 - 1 etc, and imo the odds of 2.40 is not good enough and results such as 1 - 0, 2 - 1 0 - 0 1 - 1 2 - 2 3 - 2 0 - 1, 0 - 2 1 - 2 etc etc by far outweighs winning scores. I was going to back barcelona at 1/3 odds but ever since ibra was left out odds have been shortening to around 1/4, which i cant see any value in whatsoever.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Hi guys, first post. always enjoyed a read though. Bets for tonight is Arsenal+1.5 @ 1.30 Chelsea0.0,-0.5 @ 1.35 Valencia @ 8/13 Think us gunners are going to struggle tonight but we are overpriced i feel, confident in holding out for a draw or losing by 1 at most. i know we dont do very well on our travels in europe but at this price will take us all day. Also, Valencia must win against weak side like Genk, I watched Genk against Partizan and they are so lucky to get here. I expected better prices on away opponents, but seams like bookies don't want to repeat same mistake from Partizan's home matches last year. Anyway, with Chelsea and Bayer in group, Valencia needs points against Genk desperately. Genk sold best player 2 days before the end of transfer deadline, De Bryne broke his leg month ago and they lost the manager the same day. good luck guys :)

I m really interested to have an opinion of a greek fan on Olympiakos:ok, impossible for me to judge them since they havent played any official match I have actually a medium bet on that one and thinking to fill it again, how do you judge your mercato...cheers
Olympiakos has played NO official game so far due to the Greek football scandals.Can be a problem.Is a sold out tonight and Oly is very thirsty.GL:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal Arsenal or Draw @ 1.83 Excellent value this. I don't see too much between the two sides in terms of quality. Neither are in good form, Borussia having lost their last match to a poorer side in Hertha Berlin. Arsenal have some good attacking players to call upon in Benayoun, Chu-Young, Van Persie, Gervinho etc who have Champion's League experience. Arsenal are coming off the back of their first win of the season and this is in effect a 'fresh start' for a new competition. This will be a hotly contested game which should be end to end with the calibre of players on both sides. I'm expecting a draw but should Arsenal win (also quite possible) I have that covered too. 1.83 is fantastic odds.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September First bet for tonights game has just been placed. Went for Shakhtar +2 @ 1.4, Valencia to win @ 1.57 and Arsenal +1 @ 1.8. Put these 3 in a treble for odds of 4/1 which i think is good. Shakhtar are always a threat going forward and the +2 should be good enough for them, i can see Porto maybe winning 2-1, 3-2 or maybe even drawing. Both teams are in good form so it will be a close game in my opinion. Valencia should be too strong for a weak Genk side, and i cant see Arsenal losing to be honest, people seem to think all of a sudden they are a poor team but i believe most foreign clubs are scared of English teams in the Champions League, therefore i am backing this treble.

Barcelona - Milan Both teams failed to win in their respective national leagues. Milan came from behind to draw 2-2 at San Siro against Lazio, while Barcelona failed to win after leading 2-0 after first half away against Real Sociedad in a game that ended 2-2. The above results show that both teams have some problems in defense. Milan defense was against strikers like Miroslav Klose and Djibril Cisse and it is acceptable that they have conceded a couple of goals, for a team like Barcelona conceding goals from Real Sociedad is somewhat unacceptable. Both teams played each other 11 times and both managed 4 wins each and 3 games ended in a draw. Even though Barcelona is strong at home they should not be @ 1.25-1.30 against a team like Milan. It will be hard for Milan to win at Nou Camp, but they have enough quality to get at least a draw. Both teams have quality strikers and both have some problems in defense so goals is another good option. Draw @ 5.50 (1 unit) William Hill Both to Score @ 2.00 (2 units) William Hill
Do you see man with what squad barselona wos play last night?I think that barcelona will WIN this, becouse the last night dont play (MESSI, INIESTA, Mascherano, Dani Alves and some other players)But tonight the will be in the squad and i think milan will lost 3-0 or more

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Dortmund v Arsenal There's been quite a lot of talk about the form of these two sides going into this one. What I would say is that domestic league form can be quite different to European form. Arsenal did not impress me against Udinese and were lucky to scrape through. We haven't seen Dortmund in European action yet so we have no European form line. What we do know is going to Germany and getting any kind of result in general presents quite a difficult proposition, we only have to look at Manchester United for that evidence. Forget the Schalke game ;) Dortmund's stadium is definitely not a place for the faint of heart. If Arsenal can get a positive result even against a side which has lost some influential players in such a hot atmosphere I for one would have to revise my opinion of them. I look at Arsenal and the players they've sold in the transfer window and the players they have out injured and I can't for the life of me present any credible case for them going to a country like Germany and gaining any kind of result. So maybe for that reason they probably will. It's no way to bet though really is it? ;) I think I'll just watch this one :ok