** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 13 September

Mustafa

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September 1. Genk - Valencia In my honest opinion Genk didnt deserved to play in the group stages, but after 2 lucky matches against Patizan and Maccabi they done the miracle. Genk got very shaky defense, conceding a lot of goals from much weaker teams from the beginning of the season and I expect many problems for them in the group stage. Genk will miss some key players today as midfielder - De Bruyne is out, Joneleit (centre-back) and Wertelaers (goalkeeper) too. Genk conceded 2 or more goals in 4 of their last 6 matches.( 2 from Zulte, 2 from Maccabi, 3 from Club Brugge and 3 from St. Truiden in last round). Genk has only 2 clean sheets in last 10 home matches. Valencia got much more quality in CL. They are the 3rd best team in Spain after Barcelona and Real M. Valencia sold Mata, but still got enough quality in the squad to win progress from the group. They started their league with 2 straight wins at home. Soldado is one of the best Premiera strikers and I will try him as goalscorer tonight, as he scored 4 goals in their 2 official games so far. probably line up: ------------Guaita------------ -Miguel---Rami---Ruiz---Alba/Mathieu- -------Topal-----Ever--------- ----Pablo---Canales---Piatti--- -----------Soldado------------ I rate Valencia with class above Genk and I expect them to win Valencia(-1.5)AH 2.75 @ Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September My tips for this night will be!!! 1. BARCELONA - MILAN Barcelona WIN 1.35 odds 2. CHELSEA - LEVERKUSEN Chelsea WIN 1.45 odds 3. PORTO - SHAKHTER D. Over 2,5 1.80 odds 4. GENK - VALENCIA Over 2,5 1.80 odds = 6.34

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Chelsea - Leverkusen Chelsea and their new coach will be strong motivated to start with win the campaign and they will be boosted by the fact that their keeper Cech is fit to play. Chelsea took Mata, Meireles and Lukaku, as I rate all of them as world class players. The first two are expected to start. Chelsea managed to won against strong home side - Sunderland in last round away from home with 1:2. They are playing very solid at home having 6-1-0 in last 7 home matches. They are pressing their opponents here, searching for an early goal. Chelsea has scored 2 or more goals in 6 straight home games. P. Cech - Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, A. Cole - Ramires - Mata, Lampard, Raul Meireles - Fernando Torres, Anelka Leverkusen made great season last year. This season they wont have one of their best players - Vidal - sold to Juventus. Also they got young and unexperienced keeper Leno, I dont like him and I cant see him capable to keep a clean sheet under such big pressure. Also Ballack seems too old, he even didnt played as regular last season. Their coach is young and this will be first CL game in his career. Leverkusen got shaky defense, conceding goals from much weaker sides lately, 1 from Augsburg, 2 from Mainz, 4 from Dinamo Dresden, 2 from Brugge - in their last 5 visits. Leno - Castro, Reinartz, Toprak, Kadlec - Ballack, Rolfes - Sam, Renato Augusto, Schürrle - Kießling Chelsea will use their home advantage and will start their euro trip with 3 points.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Porto - Shakhtar Porto won 3 tittle last season, but after their coach Boas left for Chelsea, and their goalscorer Falcao was sold to Atletico Madrid I cant see Porto so strong this season. Porto also will miss 2 regular players as CD Rolando and MID Guarin are out due to suspessions, and another regular defender - Sapunaru due to injury. Anyway Porto is strong home side with 11-1-0 in last 12 home matches. They are playing offensive minded football, but also concede a lot of goals, keeping only 2 clean sheets in last 12 games here, as one of this clean sheets is in friendly against low division GD Tourizense. Shakthar got great experience in the competition so far. They are improving their performance season after season. There is good buzz in the squad and players like Adriano, Eduardo, Jadson, Douglas, Texeira, Fernandinho and William are capable to break any defense. So I expect them to create big troubles to Porto injured and shaky defense, scoring at least twice. Shakhtar got 5-3-0 in last 8 visits, scoring 2 or more glas in 6 of them. Last year Shakhtar made some great results away from home, beating Roma, Partizan and another strong Portugal home side Braga with 0:3. Both teams are playing offensive minded football and I expect goals tonight, but looking at hosts defense, I wont be surprised if shakhtar scored more goals.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Barcelona - AC Milan Barcelona made draw in last round in Premiera finishing 2;2 with Sociedad away from home. They took the lead with 0;2 and they were thinking for Milan already, when the home side managed to score twice. I expect Barca strong motivated to bounce back and to use their home advantage, starting the defending of their tittle with comfortable win, against one of the candidates for the first place in the group - Milan. Sanchez is out, but Fabregas showed that he wont have problems to become part of the team and scored some goals already. Barcelona started the sesaon great anyway, with winning the Super Cup in Spain after 2:2 and 3:2 against Real M. Then Barcelona won European Super Cup against Porto with 2:0, starting Premiera with 5:0 win over Villareal at home. Milan will miss Ibrahimovic, Flamini, Indzaghi, Gatusso, Robinho, Mexes and Taiwo, due to injuries, as Filipo is not registered to play in CL, which is quite stupid decision IMO from the coach side. They played only 1 official game so far, last weekend making 2:2 at home against Lazio, where they were losing with 0:2 at the beginning but managed to get the draw. Milan will have important misses and also wont be in their best condition as the season just started for them. With such rotations I expect many problems for their defense at Kamp Nou. expected formations: 1 Victor Valdes 2 Dani Alves, 14 Mascherano, 5 Puyol, 22 Abidal 6 Xavi, 16 Busquets, 4 Fabregas; 7 Villa, 10 Messi, 8 Iniesta (13 Pinto, 21 Adriano, 24 Fontas, 15 Keita, 11 Thiago, 20 Afellay, 17 Pedro). 32 Abbiati 20 Abate, 13 Nesta, 33 Thiago Silva, 19 Zambrotta 22 Nocerino, 4 Van Bommel, 28 Emanuelson 10 Seedorf, 27 Boateng 7 Pato (1 Amelia, 76 Mario Yepes, 25, Bonera, 77 Antonini, 18 Aquilani, 23 Ambrosini, 99 Cassano)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Dortmund - Arsenal Dortmund - the german champion, wont rely on 2 of their best players from last saason as Sahin is sold, and Barrios is out due to injury. Also Dortmund didnt start well their local league this season, losing last round at home from Hertha with 1:2. It will be very special game for crowd and players and I exepct some pressure for the home side. Dortmund is good home side with 8-2-2 here, scoring in all of these matches at least once and keeping 5 clean sheets. Arsenal will miss a couple of regulars again as Vermaalen and Wilshire are out. Anyway Wenger was fast enough to react after their poor performance against Manchester and bought some quality and skilled players as german CD Mertezacker, Benayoun, Andre Santos and Arteta. Also another newcomer Gervinho is expected to start tonight. With his fast movement and technique, with Wallcot and Persie upfront, I expect Arsenal to score at least once. They got enough experience and traditions in this competition, and almost always finish the group with 4-5 wins. Arsenal has scored in 11 of their last 12 visits, as they scored 2 or more goals in 7 of them, keeping only 2 clean sheets. Borussia Dortmund: Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - S. Bender, Gündogan - Götze, Kagawa, Großkreutz - Lewandowski Arsenal: Szczesny - Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs - Song, Ramsey, Arteta - Walcott, Gervinho - Van Persie

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Victoria Plzen - BATE Plzen are the plesant surprise in the competition. They managed to eliminate two of the best Scandinavian teams in history - beating Rosenborg in both games 0:1 and 3;1, and then Copenhagen again winning in both games with 1:3 and 2:1. Victoria got 8-2-2 in last 12 official games. They are playing very solid at home with 6-2-1, losing only from Sparta Praha. Their start player Bakos is unstopable and I expect him to score tonight. Hosts wont miss any regular players and will field their best. They has scored 2 or more goals at home in 8 of their last 10 home matches. BATE also surprised, where they were set as the underdogs against Sturm Gratz but won away from home with 0;2 and won progress in the group stage. They got big problems with the squad, and the team managed to win only 1 of their last 6 matches, exactly against Sturm in Gratz. BATE sold 2 of their best players during the break - Nehajchik and Schitov - Belarusian national players. For this game tonight BATE will miss also Rodionov, Jurevich, Koncevoj and Pavlov. That will affect on their performance for sure and I expect big troubles for them against strong home side as Plzen. Plzen won all of their 6 qualification games so far and I expect them to continue with their winning run tonight

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September

Please delete all Paun's posts mods' date=' they are useless and misleading (as usual)..:eyes[/quote'] Way they delete?Becouse you dont like some info why will play, to see with what squad some team will play, or you dont look football and you dont now why play on first squad or why play on secound squad, and my post look stupid for you?

Way they delete?Becouse you dont like some info why will play' date=' to see with what squad some team will play, or you dont look football and you dont now why play on first squad or why play on secound squad, and my post look stupid for you?[/quote'] Have you not seen the other threads you have posted on!? People moaning about your 'starting line-ups' that are not starting line-ups because the bloody starting line ups are not posted up 3 hours before the game you fool, and they contain numerous mistakes..as I said useless and misleading.

Any reason?? :unsure
Barselona rest all keys players at last game,and they are very strong.Milan for me its not look very well in this moment Chelsea finaly start play foodball, when they bye some good players and they have more experience in this qualification Vallencia and Genk play open football with a lot of goals. And same story with Porto and Shakhter

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September paun - I've moved your posts into here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f59/possible-cl-line-ups-13-sep-121390/ Your previous starting line-ups have at times been pretty inaccurate, so please can you post them as possible line-ups in the future. Also, putting them all in one post and formatting it so that the players names are all on the same line would make them a lot less intrusive.

My tips for this night will be!!! 1. BARCELONA - MILAN Barcelona WIN 1.35 odds 2. CHELSEA - LEVERKUSEN Chelsea WIN 1.45 odds 3. PORTO - SHAKHTER D. Over 2,5 1.80 odds 4. GENK - VALENCIA Over 2,5 1.80 odds = 6.34
Finally, can we have some reasoning to go with these picks please? It's what we do on PL. :ok

paun - I've moved your posts into here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f59/possible-cl-line-ups-13-sep-121390/ Your previous starting line-ups have at times been pretty inaccurate, so please can you post them as possible line-ups in the future. Also, putting them all in one post and formatting it so that the players names are all on the same line would make them a lot less intrusive. Finally, can we have some reasoning to go with these picks please? It's what we do on PL. :ok
Do you see HastGill1 how you will speak with the new PL?Becouse i m new you will tell me where i make mistake to fix it, not to dellete all my post, or bether let they kick me, becouse i make one mistake

Do you see HastGill1 how you will speak with the new PL?Becouse i m new you will tell me where i make mistake to fix it' date=' not to dellete all my post, or bether let they kick me, becouse i make one mistake[/quote'] Bah, diplomacy never was my strong point..burn him at the stake! :lol..anyway, back to the football..

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September TEAM NEWS Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey was left out of the squad after injuring his ankle in training. The 20-year-old Welshman was not in the 18-man squad after he limped out of training on Monday before the team's departure to Germany. Arsenal are not in the best of shape for Tuesday's encounter with manager Arsene Wenger starting the first game of his two-match touchline ban and injuries also keeping out key defender Thomas Vermaelen and midfielders Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky. Julian Koch has not played since tearing his knee ligament on February 25 and is not in Dortmund’s squad. Lucas Barrios hasn’t featured this season after tearing a thigh muscle while Marvin Bakalorz and Patrick Owomoyela look likely to miss out. MANAGER QUOTES Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on his side’s shaky victory over Swansea: "We started quite well, but the nerves took over and we played with the handbrake on. Confidence goes quickly, and comes back slowly, and for us to be in the situation we are in, we are not used to that. We need to put a few wins together." Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp on his side’s uninspiring first home defeat in 18 league games: “We can play much better than we did against Hertha and with a lot more creativity." MATCH FACTS Borussia Dortmund are making their first appearance in the Champions League since the 2002/03 season. Arsenal are making their 14th consecutive appearance in the Champions League, only Manchester Utd and Real Madrid are on a longer run. Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund met in the group stages of the Champions League in 2002/03, with Arsenal winning 2-0 at Highbury and losing 2-1 away. The Gunners have won their last five home games against German sides. Dortmund have won 15 of their 26 home Champions League games, losing only five times. Arsenal have won their last three encounters with German sides in the Champions League, including an away win against Hamburg back in September 2006. The Gunners have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 16 Champions League games away from home, their last shut-out dating back to March 2008 against AC Milan.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September TEAM NEWS Barcelona's Alexis Sanchez will miss the clash after being ruled out for up to two months with a hamstring injury suffered in the club's 2-2 draw at Real Sociedad on Saturday. Gerard Pique has not been available since the Spanish Supercopa win over Real Madrid but Carles Puyol returned to the bench at the weekend. Former Barca striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will not play due to an adductor injury. Midfielder Gennaro Gattuso limped out of the Lazio clash but is suspended in Europe for four games anyway following his headbutt of Tottenham assistant boss Joe Jordan last season. Philippe Mexes is also suspended and injured. Mark van Bommel was a doubt before the Lazio clash but came on for Gattuso and impressed. MANAGER QUOTES Pep Guardiola: "When we won in Rome, I said the same thing I will say now: we are not favourites because no-one has been able to win two titles in a row in the last 20 years. AC Milan have done it and no one has been able to repeat it during all this time, and this shows how difficult this competition is." Massimiliano Allegri: "We must pay Barcelona due respect and attention, but without fear. We must try to show our qualities ... Barcelona play in the same way. They are good technically and often matches are one-sided as they have great ball possession. But a moment's inattention can happen." MATCH FACTS Barcelona and AC Milan have met nine times previously in the European Cup/Champions League, with four wins for the Catalans, three for the Lombards and two draws. They famously met in the 1994 Champions League final, with AC Milan running out 4-0 winners, still the last time the final has been decided by four or more goals. Barcelona have not failed to score in any of their last 21 Champions League games. The last side to stop them from finding the net were Rubin Kazan in November 2009. AC Milan have failed to score in their last three Champions League games – never before have they gone four games without a goal in European competition. AC Milan have won only two of their last 13 Champions League games, both against Auxerre. Since Pep Guardiola took over in 2008, Barcelona have scored the most goals in the competition (82 in 38 games) and have the best passing accuracy (89.2%). Lionel Messi has been the outright top scorer in each of the last three editions of the Champions League: he netted nine goals in 2008/09, eight in 2009/10 and 12 in 2010/11.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Barcelona vs AC Milan 6pts Under 11.0 Asian Total Corners @ 1.73 bet365 I do not have much to go off except for last season's champions league stats. 12 out of 13 of Barca's Champions league games went under 10.5 corners last season. 3 out of 4 of AC Milan's away games in the Champions league last season also went under 10.5 corners. I know these stats are from last season, but having nothing else to base my bets on, I will take the risk of taking on this bet. 1pt L.Messi to Score the First Goal @ 3.00 Ladbrokes Messi scored the most goals last season, with most of the goals being scored at home. Ladbrokes are running a promotion that if the 1st Goalscorer does not score 1st but scores anytime later during the match, your stake will be returned. Not prettiest of odds I know, but with the promotion I reckon it is worth a small punt. Chelsea vs Bayer Leverkusen 2pts Under 3.5 Cards @ 1.90 bet365 I think this bet is worth a shot. Again going off last season's champions league statistics. 4 out of 5 games played by chelsea ended below 3.5 cards with the match between them and Man Utd being the only one to go over this line. Worth a small dabble in my opinion. FC Porto vs Shaktar Donetsk 3pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.91 hills Again going off last season's stats. Shaktar Donetsk's away games last season went Over 2.5 goals in 5 out of 5 of their games. Their away games averaged about 4-5 goals per away game played. Both teams are top of their respective leagues, FC Porto has won all 4 games and have averaged 3 goals per game, Shaktar on the other hand have won 7 games and drawn 2. Given their recent results in their respective leagues, both teams are more than capable of scoring, it has got to be the overs for me. Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal 3pts Under 10.5 Corners @ 1.70 StanJames Based on last season's champions league statistics, for Arsenal all 4 of their away games ended Under 10.5 Corners. Nothing else to write to be honest, speculative punt based on last season's statistics. 2pts Double: Chelsea -1 Corner Handicap & Arsenal +3 Corner Handicap @ 1.91 hills Chelsea being at home usually dominate corners as per last season's statistics. They averaged 4-5 corners more than their opponents last season and have won the most corners in all of their 4 EPL games as well. Bayer Leverkusen have been out cornered in 2 out of 3 of their away games in their league this season. Arsenal on the other hand averaged about 1 corner less than their opponents last season. They also won the most corners in 3 out of 4 of their away games. Pretty safe-ish double I think.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Chelsea v Leverkusen - Chelsea @ 1.50 with bet365.com It is obvious Chelsea have been below par in the league - though they have been getting wins nonetheless. European football is a different style and i'm sure Vilas-Boas will be familiar with it - See his success last year with Porto and being Mourinho's protege. Dont see all the fuss with Ballack - will he wont he play? Who cares - truth is he wasnt an influental as Vidal and how he's gone and thats a bigger concern. Chelsea without Drogba should not be a big difference as he has hardly started any games this season so it's hard to say whether the team will miss him or not for this game. Mata and Meireles are here now , they could provide the link to Torres and he is capable of putting a finish on a ball. Leverkusen did quite comprehensively beat Augburg at the weekend, though Augsburg did manage to get 12 shots in and Leverkusen had 15 - the result would have been different if Augsburg had a better strikeforce. Chelsea should walk over Leverkusen tonight IMHO.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September BARCELONA V MILAN UNDER 2.5 GOALS ODDS 2.50 BLUESQ Couldn't ignore those odds. I obviously know Barcelona could put 5 past them if they were really on form but like any italian team in europe it's defence first and the odds appeal given the likely setup and mentality of milan. Also, Barcelona early in the season do have a few suprises such as Kazan, Villareal last season. I think they'll take 2-0. I'm just hoping the italians don't score i think. APOEL V ZENIT AWAY WIN 2.20 BLUESQ Again, a selection made because of the odds. Theres a big class difference here and although Apoel could spring a suprise i think it's unlikely. They've kept games close in recent season, most noteably against Inter if i remember correctly but i think it'll be the same tonight 1-2 zenit or similar. Not much reasoning i'm afraid but as i say taken on basis of decent odds.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Barcelona - Milan Van Bommel the dutch muscle needs no introducing, guy is reckless on his tackles and he is going to mark Messi tonight. He is old, slow and he will have problems. Going for cards market. Van Bommel to get booked @ Triobet 2.02 3pts:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September As for the Dortmund match: We will line up with Sven Bender AND Sebastian Kehl on the defensive midfield positions. I have to say that, on paper, this is a pretty defensive approach since both these players are better at defending. In any case, I'm absolutely looking forward to this one! :)

...anyone seen the 1st half of the valencia game??? I am watching barca, but I have a bet on Valencia so any info???? Is Valencia playing good??? Do you think they look like winning...is Genk considered a threat? THANKS:ok
I too have Valencia, they have had 64% possession, 11 shots, 3 on target compared to Genk's 3 shots, 1 on target, Genks keeper has made 3 saves. It seems Valencia are dominating, let's hope they make the break through :hope

I too have Valencia' date=' they have had 64% possession, 11 shots, 3 on target compared to Genk's 3 shots, 1 on target, Genks keeper has made 3 saves. It seems Valencia are dominating, let's hope they make the break through :hope[/quote'] Good news at least ;) ...btw If I have -1AH in accumulator....I dont loose if they win, but dont cover the handicap or do I?