** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 13 September

Mustafa

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September

You will be surprised:loon:moon
I m really interested to have an opinion of a greek fan on Olympiakos:ok, impossible for me to judge them since they havent played any official match I have actually a medium bet on that one and thinking to fill it again, how do you judge your mercato...cheers

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September We'll go with either........... ----------Frimpong- Song ---------------- Arteta or ----------Arteta-Song -----------Benayoun Dangerous attack too with Gervinho returning alongside RVP and Walcott, Walcott was awful at the weekend but away from home with more space I think he can be more useful. Doubt Arshavin will play this one, he's not a player you want away from home against a good side, plus he played vs Swansea and two qualifiers for Russia in the week before, fitness is not a plus point for him. Either way I think the odds are OK as it stands, I'd maybe be tempted to bring us down a small bit. You have to remember this is a new level for Dortmund's players, playing at a high intensity in the Champions League in midweek after league games. I've watched them this season and they are not great right now, I think if we can nullify Kagawa then we can stifle them, Goetze is obviously another threat. Gundogan doesnt look nearly as good as Sahin. Slight edge to Dortmund imo being the home side and we are still finding our feet with new signings. Neither side playing great right now. I think it could go either way, narrow win for either wouldn't surprise me but my gut now would say a draw.

Away from the usual club and country loyalties nonsense' date=' it's a real no-bet. Marseille have started terribly no wins from 5 in the French league and Olympiakos haven't even started the season yet due to all the match-fixing, also lost Reira to Galatasary who was a key player. Don't see anyone could bet on this game with any confidence at all..[/quote'] Dont really know about riera who when was playing for bordeaux was an average player and get makoun instead not sure it s a bad trade, have you seen marseille matches? we are far from being brilliant of course ,on the two first matches due to an heavy preparation (pintus style) players were exhausted which imo explains the draw against sochaux and auxerre( we were leading both and 2 goals up against auxerre) defeat against rennes and lille were unfair, and i say again, when i bet no feeling we are speaking value and money here, i think marseille is a class above and despite of a.ayew and mbia missing i consider marseille favourite , the fact that Olympiakos didnt have a single match there make them completely unbackable. lines up of marseille should be, mandanda, morel, diawara,nkoulou, azipilicueta, diarra, kabore or lucho, cheyrou, valbuena,gignac, remy i see this game as low scoring because of lack of confidence think deschamps will try to have a very physical midfield and play tight:his philosophy :hope

Dont really know about riera who when was playing for bordeaux was an average player and get makoun instead not sure it s a bad trade, have you seen marseille matches? we are from being brilliant of course ,on the two first matches due to an heavy preparation (pintus style) players were exhausted which imo explains the draw against sochaux and auxerre( we were leading both and 2 goals up against auxerre) defeat against rennes and lille were unfair, and i say again, when i bet no feeling we are speaking value and money here, i think marseille is a class above and despite of a.ayew and mbia missing i consider marseille favourite , the fact that Olympiakos didnt have a single match there make them completely unbackable. lines up of marseille should be, mandanda, morel, diawara,nkoulou, azipilicueta, diarra, kabore or lucho, cheyrou, valbuena,gignac, remy i see this game as low scoring because of lack of confidence think deschamps will try to have a very physical midfield and play tight:his philosophy :hope
Nope, not seen them at all, don't watch much French football, but I wouldn't class it as a strong league. My comment about Riera was based on the fact that he played virtually all their games in midfield last season and averaged a goal every 4 games, if he's not a big loss then fair enough. The fact that Marseille have yet to win in 5 league games is hardly backable form, it is easy to make excuses but I would say it's very difficult to make a convincing argument for backing them, other than the fact that Olympiakos have yet to play a game..on paper it looks low scoring I agree, not a match I'm too interested in as I wouldn't have a clue which way to go! I certainly wouldn't back an underachieving side from France to get a result in Greece. Good luck with your bet though..

We'll go with either........... ----------Frimpong- Song ---------------- Arteta or ----------Arteta-Song -----------Benayoun Dangerous attack too with Gervinho returning alongside RVP and Walcott, Walcott was awful at the weekend but away from home with more space I think he can be more useful. Doubt Arshavin will play this one, he's not a player you want away from home against a good side, plus he played vs Swansea and two qualifiers for Russia in the week before, fitness is not a plus point for him. Either way I think the odds are OK as it stands, I'd maybe be tempted to bring us down a small bit. You have to remember this is a new level for Dortmund's players, playing at a high intensity in the Champions League in midweek after league games. I've watched them this season and they are not great right now, I think if we can nullify Kagawa then we can stifle them, Goetze is obviously another threat. Gundogan doesnt look nearly as good as Sahin. Slight edge to Dortmund imo being the home side and we are still finding our feet with new signings. Neither side playing great right now. I think it could go either way, narrow win for either wouldn't surprise me but my gut now would say a draw.
yep, have to agree took arsenal +0.5 early 1.97 because of the over raction from their defeat at manu, always more difficult to confirm,especially for a young team as dortmund and have the feeling that dortmund style can fit to wenger boys. current odds make dortmund unbackable imo, i will consider taking them at 2.5 and up :hope

Gone in quite big this midweek after a profitable weekend. Had abit of luck on my side, hitting 4 trebles even though i only got 8/15 selections correct but ended up with 113% profit, so more than happy with that. Few suprise results around though, cough bordeaux,chievo,inter. Anyway on to midweek, I've gone with Dortmund @ 2.20 Leyton Orient @ 2.10 Newcastle dnb @ 2.10 Singles/doubles/treble DORTMUND v ARSENAL Dortmund win @ 2.20 Bluesq I'm not sure how anyone can seriously consider backing Arsenal in this one even on the AH. They've added players but there hardly going to set the world on fire. Arshavin has turned out to be a poor player which still suprises me after seeing his performance in the euros a few years back. Arteta is a good player but like all arsenals players, lacks fight. Mertesacker, very over rated. Maybe he'll adjust but i think they need better. Walcott, a good player on his day but too hit and miss for me and isn't a natural goalscorer. Add in their injuries and inexperience and i think they'll struggle. We saw away at porto how arsenal can be beaten quite comfortably even when they look comfortable themselves. Against Udinese, they would have lost that game 6-7 times out of 10. If the pen had been converted i don't think they'd be in the comp now. To conclude on Arsenal, they are mentally weak, physically weak, inexperienced, they've got alot of pressure to contend with and i think it's going to take time to settle down. The last thing they need is an away game at a compact intimidating stadium, which is what they;ve got. I don't watch too much german football, but Dortmund have progressed significantly this past 2 years. The german physicality will go in their favour and i think they can match Arsenal technically and over power them physically and mentally too. They'll be up for this and will smell blood. 2.20 is decent odds, i'd say from 1.90 up is worth taking. No need for cover in this one imo, i think they'll win quite comfortably although not by a huge margin. I also think Arsenal will look to get out the group on their home performances. Dortmund win @ 2.20
In agreement. I don't think Chelsea, City or United would be relishing a trip to Germany this early in the campaign so how Arsenal feel about it is anyone's guess. You're right they were fortunate to get past Udinese. If they come away with anything from this it will be a Wenger masterstroke.

Like this one and will take the same bet in Chelsea - Leverkusen game. Reasoning: Chelsea are still without Chech and they have conceded goals from teams who in my opinion are lower than Leverkusen. In fact Chelsea has conceded a goal in their last 3 games. Leverkusen strikers are in good shape after scoring 4 goals in their last game against Augsburg in Bundesliga, so in my opinion they will be able to score at least once at Stamford Bridge. Both to Score Double: Chelsea - Leverkusen & B.Dortmund - Arsenal @ 3.91 (1 unit) William Hill
I wouldn't want to put you off that bet, but Cech actually returned to action at Sunderland last weekend. :ok However, you're right about the goals we have conceding. We seem to be trying to play a higher defensive line under AVB and we've been caught out several times as a result. No doubt the players will adapt to the new shape in time, but right now we look a bit vulnerable, especially to a quick counter attack.

I wouldn't want to put you off that bet, but Cech actually returned to action at Sunderland last weekend. :ok However, you're right about the goals we have conceding. We seem to be trying to play a higher defensive line under AVB and we've been caught out several times as a result. No doubt the players will adapt to the new shape in time, but right now we look a bit vulnerable, especially to a quick counter attack.
I really must start doing research with my bets :rollin Maybe I should be banned for a week or something for the crappy picks. Didn't watch any of the games during the weekend and missed the important info. Thanks for the update.

Revised bets slightly' date= actually worked in my favour leaving the bets till today as the odds have improved in a couple of markets. Just in for over3.0 in the Porto v Shakhtar game, I think the price is just too high considering the attacking mentality of both sides, it's a big line to beat but 2.6 (now 2.4) was good enough to tempt..
Porto - Shakhtar Agree with that. Both teams are very attacking. Here are some stats: Porto scored 14 and conceded 6 goals in their last 6 games - Average 3.3 Goals per game. Shakhtar scored 16 and conceded 5 goals in their last 6 games - Average 3.5 Goals per game. Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.25 (1 unit) Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Does porto have suspensions from the Super cup? I just remembered watching the super cup after two players were sent off late on for porto i remember the commentator saying that there could be a ban for next season's champions league. Can anyone confirm this or is my memory failing me?

Does porto have suspensions from the Super cup? I just remembered watching the super cup after two players were sent off late on for porto i remember the commentator saying that there could be a ban for next season's champions league. Can anyone confirm this or is my memory failing me?
Fair point, should have picked up on that didn't think about the Super Cup suspensions going forward to the CL games..Belluschi or poss Defour will replace Guarin I would have thought but with Săpunaru also out injured it is going to be somewhat of a makeshift back four, certainly not going to be as strong as usual. None of this is bad news for my goals bet mind..

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Arsenal +1 @ 1.67 currently at Skybet seems like a great price, i know Dortmund are German champions but surely even this Arsenal side will be more then a match for Dortmund. Dortmund have mixed form lately, w,l,w,d,l. Even the odds of 3.5 for an Arsenal win seem high! Thoughts? Other obvious bets are Barcelona @ 1.26, could even consider the -1 @ 1.73 but there's no real value in that in my opinion. Also Chelsea @ 1.4 will surely be too strong for Bayern Leverkusen, the -1 @ 2.1 could be a decent bet but i'm not sure about Chelsea just yet.

Fair point' date=' should have picked up on that didn't think about the Super Cup suspensions going forward to the CL games..Belluschi or poss Defour will replace Guarin I would have thought but with Săpunaru also out injured it is going to be somewhat of a makeshift back four, certainly not going to be as strong as usual. None of this is bad news for my goals bet mind..[/quote'] Porto has Rolando and Guarin suspended from the Super Cup. Rolando is an important miss. Maicon and Otamendi should be CB, Fucile on the right and Alvaro Pereira on the left.

Arsenal +1 @ 1.67 currently at Skybet seems like a great price, i know Dortmund are German champions but surely even this Arsenal side will be more then a match for Dortmund. Dortmund have mixed form lately, w,l,w,d,l. Even the odds of 3.5 for an Arsenal win seem high! Thoughts? Other obvious bets are Barcelona @ 1.26, could even consider the -1 @ 1.73 but there's no real value in that in my opinion. Also Chelsea @ 1.4 will surely be too strong for Bayern Leverkusen, the -1 @ 2.1 could be a decent bet but i'm not sure about Chelsea just yet.
You can't really adequately judge Dortmund on that run of results in my opinion, like you say it's mixed. However they are the German champions. Why are you so confident when you say "surely even this Arsenal will be more than a match for them". That's almost like suggesting the Bundesliga is some kind of Mickey Mouse league. That's how it reads mate. What we can judge though is that Arsenal are in disarray as evidenced by their poor performances and the spot of panic buying at the end of the transfer window. A 1-0 home win against Swansea doesn't give me the required confidence to back them in a hostile German atmosphere even on the handicap. Good luck though if you see it as value:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Genk - Valencia: Valencia @ 1.73 (Coral) 10/10 There is a meaningful roster quality difference between these teams that favours Valencia. Genk started the season with a bit of turmoil after losing their coach and have achieved mediocre results in the Belgium league (2-3-1) and stand in 8th place. Furthermore, Genk will have a few players missing for this match including De Bruyne (midfielder - quite important player), Joneleit (centre-back) and Wertelaers (goalkeeper). Valencia started the season in Spain with 2 wins in 2 matches. Last season, Valencia won 58% of its away matches in the Spanish League and easily finished in 3rd place behind Barcelona and Real Madrid. The guests will only miss Saltor (defense) for this match. The odds are fair here for Valencia's win, I think. Dortmund - Arsenal: Dortmund @ 2.25 (Paddy Power) 10/10 The odds for Dortmund's win are more than fair, I think. Dortmund has actually started the season in a stumbling way (2-1-2). The team is largely unchanged from last year. The hosts are a balanced team with good players on every line. Dortmund plays a fast and offensive style and should give Arsenal a good deal to deal with. Last season, Dortmund won 71% of its home matches in the Bundesliga. Arsenal's roster problems have been well documented recently. The English team has lost a number of star players and has to deal with a number of important absences for this match (Rosicky, Ramsy, Wilshere, Vermaelen, and Diaby). Yes, Arsenal has brought in a few signings recently, but I can't see them as fitting in just yet. Furthermore, Wenger will not be with the team on the sidelines given his ban. Dortmund is a physical team that will probably be more prepared for such a high level match on its home ground and should win one way or another. Chelsea - Leverkusen: Under 2.5 goals @ 2.08 (Pinnacle) 10/10 The over 2.5 goals seems to be favoured here and I think this may be a mistake. Chelsea has played to 3/4 overs (the under being a 0-0 draw against Stoke in the season opener) and may appear inclined to play to another over in this match. However, a closer look at the results may reveal that things are that clear. In the 2-1 win against WBA the match went over with a Chelsea goal in the 83'. Chelsea's 3-1 win against Norwich came with 2 Chelsea goals in the 82' and 90'. Finally, Chelsea's 1-2 win at Sunderland went over with a Sunderland goal in the 90'. Leverkusen is a good and well organised team. The guests have played to 4/5 unders against Mainz, Werder Bremen, Stuttgart, and Dortmund with the last three being clean sheets. The only over came last week against newly promoted Augsburg where Leverkusen won 1-4. So, I think the odds for the Under 2.5 goals in this match are excellent. Good Luck...:hope

Event Olympiakos - Marseille
Selection Olympiakos DNB (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 13/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.98
Reasoning Olympique de Marseille has no other chance than winning today in the starting game of Champions League, but they will play in the dangerous Olympiakos. Like this, Marseille has no reasons to smile in this game despite being the vice-champion of France after the bad starting results in Ligue 1 with five games without a win that places OM close to the relegation zone (17th). The moment is really bad and we ask ourselves until when this will continue; the moment of the team is awful and the moment of some of their players is equal. There is no doubt that the value of the players is there but the names don't get results. They are living a moment where the results don't appear and i see no reason why they will recover in this game. I am not seeing Marseille winning this game due to his moment. But the lack of rhythm of the Greek team don't let me be confident on a home win at 100%.

Event Plzen - BATE
Selection Plzen
Strength 10/10
Date 13/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.14
Reasoning For this debuting game in Champions League group phase, Plzen can count with a full fit squad to try to win. Plzen is not being set as favourite by many people in this game and it can be good to them as they are approaching this game more carefully and more concentrate. BATE Borisov is more experienced but they are suffering some injury problems in the team. Plzen played three pre round qualifying games and they won all the six games they played there, being very moralized due to that. The two teams will face for the first time but Czech football has more value than Belarussian football. And despite BATE Borisov be more experienced, as they already played the group stage in 2008/2009, they failed to win a single game in that season. This will be a balanced game but to me Viktoria Plzen has conditions to win this debuting game.

Porto - Shakhtar Agree with that. Both teams are very attacking. Here are some stats: Porto scored 14 and conceded 6 goals in their last 6 games - Average 3.3 Goals per game. Shakhtar scored 16 and conceded 5 goals in their last 6 games - Average 3.5 Goals per game. Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.25 (1 unit) Ladbrokes
Shakhtar's last six results away from home in the CL give an average of 4.67 goals/game: Barcelona 2-3 Shakhtar - 09.12.08 Braga 0-3 Shakhtar - 28.09.10 Arsenal 5-1 Shakhtar - 19.10.10 Partizan 0-3 Shakhtar - 23.11.10 Roma 2-3 Shakhtar - 16.02.11 Barcelona 5-1 Shakhtar - 06.04.11 Only one of their last eleven CL matches away from home has given less than 3 goals - a 1-0 loss to Sporting Lisbon on 04.11.08

Event APOEL - Zenit Petersburg
Selection APOEL +0.25 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 13/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.04
Reasoning Zenit will have a tough game here facing a APOEL who made a convincing pre rouns eliminating the Wisla Krakow. Zenit lost his last Rusian league game by 4-2 and the big mistakes of the goalkeeper Malafeev can afect him. There is no doubt that Zenit has more qualirty than APOEL but the Cypriot team is very tough to beat at home. The presure is all on Russian side and we must remember that last season APOEL surprised everyone with a draw at Stamford Bridge and Atletico Madrid and the support of 20.000 fans can help them getting a surprise here.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Olympiakos is a big mystery, having no official games so far, BUT dont expect a disrunted side going into the field, but a team game-thirsty and ambitious to start off on a good foot and THIS game is what they have been preparing for many, many weeks now. Do you think they will be ill-prepared? I personally don't think that and if there is any value, it is definetely on the home side. I've read the posts concerning the game and all that was mentioned was Riera. Riera was not in the top5 players of last season. He is playing in a position where it is hard to find a replacement, but he was never vital for Olympiakos last season and never a player than can make any kind of difference in the game. So, forget about Riera. Team gets HUGE boost by home crowd, not in a cliche tone, but it is very difficult for away teams to play in this stadium, that is not vast, but a new football cage that Olympiakos love to play in. Im not implying Marseille will lose, it's just that -even if Olympiakos remains a mystery- my educated guess is they will have a hard time. If one were to take sides here, it would definetely be the hosts.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Borussia Dortmund - Arsenal it's really hard game to predict, i would even say as Dortmund fan that Dortmund are a little short...despite all the sales and quick purchases Arsenal is still Arsenal and to be around 3.5 at Dortmund who haven't played in Champions League for a while is a little too much in my opinion...Dortmund really have no experience in Champions League and it's definetely on the higher level than Bundesliga in which they're not doing so well at the moment...Sahin and Barrios are huge missings for the home team compared to last season. From the possible formation above i see Hummels and Goetze as two players who are on Champions League level, with maybe Subotic, Kagawa getting there...Weidenfeller, Schmelzer, Grosskreutz are good players, while Gundogan, Bender, Lewandowski have potential...i deliberately leave out Pisczek, who i don't rate as top player, despite his good season last year...i won't get involved in betting for this match as i am BVB fan so good luck to anyone who will.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Well sick of comments received to my mail people still complaining about losing money from my picks on the Russian Football League (8 leagues). How can anyone lose money since 1st of June to 12 September 2011 I still dont get it : 1.06 – 12.09.2011 – Bets Russian Foot : #1-230 Results: +115=10-105 Staked: 833.04 (units) Net return: +203.35 Yield (fked!): +24.41 % All this is 100% prouved on my site (not blog). So, decided to stop posting pick about Russian Foot anymore and focus on other league. Starting with Champions tonight, after hitting Malaga Total Team > 2.5 @ 2.75 last night. Olympiakos - Marseille OM (0) @ 1.92 Gamebookers Opening for Oly , first official game - OM already 6 official games. I will take the french side +0 tonight. This match look very underish one.. could end a draw, asian given +0 in many times end in draw. I think advantage on the french side , hosts dont have official games. You can put on a draw at HT too, odds around 2.00. I will put maybe later, but first take +0 Marseille because odds already losing some points on the market. Not having a single official game it will count in my oppinion, and weight a lots. Last season with another french opponent Bordeaux, Olympiakos lost both games.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September There could be an interesting tactical battle opening. This morning Gazzetta think that Milan will play like this (4-3-2-1): Abbiati Abate, Nesta, Silva, Zamby Nocerino, MVB, Seedorf Boateng, Emmanuelson, Pato It seems as though they may try to flood the midfield and try to catch Barca on the counter with Pato.

There could be an interesting tactical battle opening. This morning Gazzetta think that Milan will play like this (4-3-2-1): Abbiati Abate, Nesta, Silva, Zamby Nocerino, MVB, Seedorf Boateng, Emmanuelson, Pato It seems as though they may try to flood the midfield and try to catch Barca on the counter with Pato.
Pardon, who is MVB ? Zamby ?? :lol

There could be an interesting tactical battle opening. This morning Gazzetta think that Milan will play like this (4-3-2-1): Abbiati Abate, Nesta, Silva, Zamby Nocerino, MVB, Seedorf Boateng, Emmanuelson, Pato It seems as though they may try to flood the midfield and try to catch Barca on the counter with Pato.
I'm not suggesting Milan and Real are on the same level but tactically Mourinho has imo found the best way to play against Barca and it's not one up top (in the traditional use of the tactic, Real play a 4-3-3 rather than a 4-5-1). Press them high up the pitch, they always, always play the ball out short from goalkeeper to defenders and in recent games Mourinho has realised you can't let them have free possession in this area as it's where the attacks are formed and where they get comfortable in possession. If you camp in your own half and let them come at you they will just pass you to death (tippy tappy style) and eventually they will get through. It's a tactic that brings risk as if they can pass it around you you are left short of bodies in midfield, but having watched the games last season and the games between them this season they certainly looked more dangerous when they were pressing them high up the pitch, the defenders are not the ball players in the side and you can force mistakes. Real and Milan are not comparable in player levels but the tactic should be employed imo as it can work. Be interesting to see how Milan play it..

Well sick of comments received to my mail people still complaining about losing money from my picks on the Russian Football League (8 leagues).
Shocking :sad Keep at it mate and don't let these things put you off posting:ok If the worst comes to the worst you can always add certain users to your ignore list, or report them to the management. If anyone is seen to be abusing the PM facility, there is always the possibility of them having that privilege removed.

Shocking :sad Keep at it mate and don't let these things put you off posting:ok If the worst comes to the worst you can always add certain users to your ignore list, or report them to the management. If anyone is seen to be abusing the PM facility, there is always the possibility of them having that privilege removed.
Or tell them to fcuk off and post their own fcuking picks, that would probably be my preferred route..:lol

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13 September Barcelona - Milan Without offense, Milan is the past in my oppinion, old men and past memories - Barcelona is the present - european football. Catalans shouldnt have problems against this midfield of Milan because they will put the ball behind "enemy lines", Milan defense - like always do it.. lately. If Milan has to prepare an offside trap for the catalans otherwise.. it will be a mess. Barcelona have one tactic lately, letal: ball goes behind central defense of the opposite team, this is how they've scored against Sociedad both goals - as it was another dificult decision for linesmen to dicover either it was offside or not. And when you have Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta giving the last ball .. imagine how many times Barcelona will be offside tonight? I think one bookie give this type of bet. Besides if someone watch Supercup with Porto would remember frustration of Villa showed to linesmen decisions, because he was caught offside , I cant remember how many times :lol Barcelona offside > 3 @ 1.85 :)) Betcity.ru Over 3 offsides for Barcelona , 9/10. Exact 3, void. Betcity - is a russian bookie , the site have interface with 10 different languages. There another team: Benfica Lisboa, they do use this tricky offside game well (especially away games). So the opposite team, of course if it is a good one - will get in offside very often.