** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL Wk. 1.

TazaD

Here we are again...onto the real stuff (and fantasy domination ;) :lol )... Just posting this one now, I see the line is dropping... Atlanta @ Chicago under 41 (1.91 @ SportingBet) A lot of talk about the Falcon's working on a deeper passing game and more of a no-huddle... ...but my personal opinion happens to co-incide with history here, that I think they'll come out quite conservative and leave the fireworks to next week at home. League: 3-15-1 under (Av. total 45.0...av. score 37.1) for a non-Div road (-3 to +3)** with a total of 40+ in week 1. [since 1989] ** Bears have got a solid D against Turner...the field is always a bit of an issue these days as well, which will slow the Dome team down considerably... ...and on the flip side, I'm really impressed with the Atl run D. As much as the local papers have been talking up the o-line of the Bears, they still aren't good enough to anchor an all out pass attack, which does look to be Atl's weakness. Looking for a fair bit of grinding in this one. ** (Very similar numbers for straight road favs) ** and similarly, while I'm here... Detroit @ TB under 41 (1.95 @ Pinnacle) Again, I think the Lions will be happy to get away with an early win, and leave their share of big plays until next week in front of the home fans. As much as people are talking about Det, it's their D has really stepped up and I think they can hold the Bucs who struggled to score on Miami in their main pre-season game.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. NFL 2007-2008 81-82-4 +9.80 units (49.49%) NFL 2008-2009 96-71 +14.16 units (57.48%) NFL 2009-2010 37-50 -14.25 units (42.52%) NFL 2010-2011 45W-29L-1P +12.70 units (60.81%) Saints +4.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes The superbowl curse is real. Bucs -1.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Love this game. Lions way too overvalued in this game. Too much being looked into the preseason which means shit when it comes down it. This Bucs team shocked everyone last year, Josh Freeman got it done. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben, his game isn't pretty, but he gets its done.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. NO @ GB OVER 46.5 (1.95 @ Ladbrokes) History isn't on this one's side at all...but these teams should both score and score often. Both teams looked sharp in their wk. 3. 'warm up' games...admittedly against inferior D's. But GB are scoring machines...av'd nearly 35 ppg in 7 home games (not counting the last meaningless one), only below 28 in one of them, and I fully expect NO to be able to almost keep up. ;) A 27-20 game looks easily on the cards, despite the recent history of low scoring openers. [Just for interest sake; League: 1-8-1 (0-10 @ this no!...av. loss 15.0!!), non-Div road 3+ dog, total 44.5+ in week 1, with a home game up next. ] SL v. Philli under 44 (1.91 @ SportingBet) Given all the talk about Philli's D coming in, this does seem a big number! There's every chance that SL struggle, only scored 20+ at home twice last year...but the Eagles just may not be as scorching as a lot of people think. Another late re-shuffle of their O-line this week...Vick a not entirely impressive 19/36 219 1 3 in 3 pre-season games...and already mentioned, non-Div road favs in week 1 do tend to grind it out. Minni @ SD OVER 41 (1.90 @ Ladbrokes) Great number this...(41.5 most other places)...Just don't see why SD won't score. Scored 33+ in 6 of 8 at home last year, and they certainly haven't lost any talent on this side of the ball... ...have lost a little on the defensive side tho, and surely McNabb and AP can get a bit done. They effectively scored 13 in the first half of pre-season wk. 3 (blocked FG hardly counts) v. a Dallas D who won't be significantly better than the Chargers I wouldn't have thought. SF v. Seattle under 38 (1.87 @ Pinnacle) Posted this one a bit late, as 38 was widely available earlier. For some reason recently, SF always seem to have everyone excited about the year ahead...(Div favs last year! :lol )...new offensive system, same old Alex Smith... I think we can expect a fairly conservative approach from both coaches here...this first Div game could mean a lot in a close Div. Both had their struggles in pre-season of course...Seattle scored just 3 in their first 3/4 in wk. 3...SF scored zero offensive points v. Houston. :ok

Re: NFL Wk. 1.

Saints +4.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes The superbowl curse is real.
I have read that the last 12 SB winners have won their opening game and gone 8-2-2 ATS :unsure Not just because they are my team but really like the Packers here Green Bay -6.5 @ 2.11 centrebet Packers are back with the aim of going back-to-back and have the players to do so. They went through a very good second half of the season with a number of key players injured but still managed to have one of the best offences, and best defences in the latter half of the season to go and win the SuperBowl. Now they get players like RB Grant and TE Finley on offence, and their young defenders are now have a year of knowledge and experience to carry them through this game. The loss of NO's main pass rusher Smith, who is suspended for this game, will give Rodgers more time to find his targets New Orleans have a QB (Brees) to rival the Packers Rodgers, but he does not have the same quality of receivers, as Colston and Meachem are good, but not as consistent. At RB, the addition of Ingram and Sproles will give them some more punch but they face one of the better run stopping units going around, with LBs Matthews and Hawk good tacklers there. The loss of TE Shockey is a blow for them and he was another good option they had last year. Some concerns with the New Orleans OL as they have had to rebuild this and may take some time to get used to either, which means that Brees may be getting hit more often, early on in the season, as the Packers were second in sacks last season.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Washington @ 2.42 Betchoice I like the Redskins to spring an upset here. The Giants have a lot of injuries on defense and Eli Manning is still having problems with being picked off. Though the Redskins don't exactly have a great set of players on offense Hightower has looked sharp and Grossman can be surprisingly effective. With Moss and probably Cooley around against a weakened secondary and pass rush I think this game is more of a 50-50 proposition and will take the team that's showing at these odds. Atlanta to win by

Re: NFL Wk. 1. I'm taking 6 bets on this opening night :- Green Bay Packers -4 @ 1.91 Hills 4pts The Saints are a good team and I expect them to go well this season, but tonight I think the Packers will be too strong for them. They look a very formidable unit in all departments and seem to have excellent all round depth. Couple that with home advantage, I can see them taking the saints by a margin of 4pts or greater. As far as the match goes, I don’t think it’ll be as high scoring compared to what some people expect. It must be remembered that both of these defences are usually pretty good against the pass, so it wont be all that easy for Brees and Rodgers. Just that bit extra in the running game and more receiver options will probably see the Packers home though IMO. Drew Brees UNDER 290.5 passing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 4pts Mark Ingram OVER 37.5 rushing yards @ 1.86 Bodog 2pts The Saints will want to show off their supposed ‘new’ running game in this match. They will likely go to rookie Ingram a few times, along with Thomas. The yardage will likely be split, but I think the new man can go over 37.5 here. This is worth some small stakes, it’s a pretty low line to cover as long as he sees some of the ball. If the Saints do run the ball more then Brees’ passing will likely decrease. So therefore I like his under 290.5 yardage offered @ Ladbrokes. This looks a little too high, especially as Brees often doesn’t perform so well on the road. Last season he only covered this line in 3 away matches and facing the Packers defence it wont be easy. My only concern here is if the Saints find themselves really chasing the game, which would mean he’d have to throw more. Aaron Rodgers UNDER 285.5 passing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 4pts Ryan Grant UNDER 61.5 rushing yards @ 1.83 Paddy power 2pts I think the Packers will probably run the ball a fair bit too, although the yardage should be split between Grant and Starks. Supposedly they will get ‘equal’ carries in this match which will make it difficult for either of them to obtain big numbers. Grant’s line set @ 61.5 with PP seems a little too high and so I’ll take the unders here with small stakes. All in all, I don’t think Rodgers will have that much of an easy time facing the Saints defence and I’ll back his unders too, which are @ 2.85.5 with Ladbrokes. Like I said, it wont always be the easiest defence to penetrate and he has a couple of decent running back options to turn to if needed. Greg Jennings UNDER 84.5 receiving yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 4pts My final bet is on Greg Jennings unders. I just think this line of 84.5 is far too big with Ladbrokes and also out of line compared to most other bookies. The Packers have a wealth of different receivers, Finley, Driver, Nelson, Jones who’ll all be competing for catches. I’ve no doubt that GJ will take a fair number of balls, but it’ll be hard for him to surpass 84.5 yardage unless he catches a couple of monsters. So I’ll happily take the unders here, I really think the line is too high. Best of luck everyone :ok

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Terrific entertainment to start the season off with! Packers -4 WON Had NO scored with that last drive I'd have been really mad, because GB always had control here. Rodgers unders LOST His first half was simply too good and he showed his quallity. Packers still ran it, but it wasn't enough and he went over his yardage by 27 yards Brees unders LOST He added on close to another 100 at the end, so his total of 419 was a bit false, but by then it was all over. Simply passed it too well here and had a top game. Jennings unders LOST I'm dissappointed here because he only received 5 more than my line with 89. He took 2 or 3 extremely hard catches too which was frustrating. Grant under WON He only ran 40 here and the yardage was split with Starks as expected. Starks might well become starting RB there soon, he looked more impressive to me. Ingram over WON He just sneaked in for me to rush 40, a couple more than my line. Looked decent here and they probably could've used him more. Overall a 3-3 record, but unfortunately a LOSS for me in this match of -4.98pts. Not a disaster though. Unfortunately I was undone by two good QBs here, who I have to give credit for having excellent games. Well done Taza on the overs, that was an excellent bet and also Blackcrow on the -6.5 :ok

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Well played on the Packers guys. Atlanta Falcons at Chicago Bears - Under 40.5 points @ 1.90 Don't think either of these are going to score highly in their first game back in the NFL. Neither team started last season strongly offensively and both are defensively strong. I can't elaborate much more than TazaD in the opening post. Minnesota Vikings at San Diego Chargers - Chargers Over 25 points @ 1.91 (Stan James) Based on the stat that the Chargers have gone over 33 points in 6 of their last 8 home games. We know they have an extremely strong offense (that hasn't changed much from last year and they have gone over the total in 11 of their last 13 games, largely down to them getting points on the board. San Diego got 34 points in Week 3 in preseason and the Vikings gave up 23 points to the Dallas Cowboys, so I expect San Diego to reach a large total here. Dallas Cowboys at New York Jets - Under 40.5 points @ 1.91 (Stan James) After doing some more research after I bet this, I'm finding more evidence for the over. However, both teams started Week 1 last season with a combined 16 points, and I'm betting on the hunch that they will start slowly again. Dallas struggled at the Redskins last season and will find it much tougher against this Jets defense, while Baltimore held Jets to just 9 points. Dallas aren't as strong defensively as the Ravens, but I'm hoping for two slow starts for the offense of both sides here.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Quite a few bets I like the look of at the weekend after a nice win on Packers -4 last night 1. Atlanta @ Chicago - Atlanta -2.5, 1.90 at Paddy Power, 8/10 Atlanta should have enough to cover this line against Chicago due to their explosive offense. I can't see Chicago keeping up and could see Atlanta winning by 3pts+. Chicago will struggle to put up as many points against the Falcons defense. 2. Philadelphia @ St Louis - Philadelphia -4, 1.90 at Paddy Power, 6/10 Eagles have made some big name additions over the offseason which IMO make them a serious superbowl contender this year. They have more than enough quality to cover this line against the Rams, where Bradford could struggle against the new look Eagles defense. 3. Minnesota @ San Diego - San Diego -8.5, 1.90 at Paddy Power, 7/10 I can see San Diego winning this by 14pts+, but will opt for the safer -8.5 option. Minnesota have lost key players such as Favre and Rice and will struggle under Donavan MacNabb to reproduce the form of two years ago where they were contenders. San Diego meanwhile, are another of my picks as a serious superbowl contender and are looking near to a complete team after making changes to their special teams which hindered them last year. Rivers should be able to destroy the weak Minnesota secondary and put up serious points with targets such as Jackson + Gates to aim for. Ryan Matthews could have his breakout year and contribute significantly to the offense. 4. Carolina @ Arizona - Carolina +7.5, 1.79 at Betfair, 7/10 The line on this is IMO in Carolina's favour. They could easily run all over the Cardinals and possibly win this one. Cam Newton will add to the established running game the panthers have and will have new targets to aim at with teh additions of Shockey and Olsen. Arizona don't impress me and I can see them struggling a bit this season, I find Kolb a bit overrated and their defense doesn't look great after the loss of DRC. Carolina should be able to cover this line and I can see them being a much improved team on last year. 5. Dallas @ New York Jets - Jets -4, 1.91 at Betfred, 8/10 I think the Jets defense will be too strong for the Cowboys here and should be able to dominate the game on the ground leaving Sanchez less to do. Nice line on offer by Betfred that appeals to me, all other bookies at 4.5, some at 5 and 5.5 6. Carolina @ Arizona - Carolina at 3.76, Betfair, 3/10 mentioned above

Re: NFL Wk. 1. :welcome randy... ...and of course good luck. :cheers One I'll post now, 'cause I'm happy with the line, and not really sure what it will do... Denver -3 (1.98 @ Pinnacle) Oakland are the same old Oakland by the looks! Winless pre-season...pumped in their 2 road games, against average teams... ...of course one of their raod wins was @ Denver last year, but a couple of early turnovers got them going and then they ran out the game to the tune of 328 yards!! :eek Early signs tho are good for the Denver run D this year...gave up just 3.4 y/c in pre-season, compared to 5.0 in last pre-season...and if they can force Campbell to throw I think this one could get messy. Orton looks better, and the run game will be much improved under Fox...and who better to show off to early than this Raider team.

:welcome randy... ...and of course good luck. :cheers One I'll post now, 'cause I'm happy with the line, and not really sure what it will do... Denver -3 (1.98 @ Pinnacle) Oakland are the same old Oakland by the looks! Winless pre-season...pumped in their 2 road games, against average teams... ...of course one of their raod wins was @ Denver last year, but a couple of early turnovers got them going and then they ran out the game to the tune of 328 yards!! :eek Early signs tho are good for the Denver run D this year...gave up just 3.4 y/c in pre-season, compared to 5.0 in last pre-season...and if they can force Campbell to throw I think this one could get messy. Orton looks better, and the run game will be much improved under Fox...and who better to show off to early than this Raider team.
cheers I haven't a clue what will happen in this game, these are two of the most unpredictable teams in the league. Could depend largely upon the performance of Darren McFadden

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Cincy/Cleveland Under 35.5 It's a low number but these teams will be looking to grind out points this year. The bengals are going with rookie Andy Dalton who was never much of a gun slinger in College. Both teams will focus on the run here, the Browns have a strong OLine but no receivers, while the Bengals have a strong back 7 on defense. The Bengals also will look to run with Benson to insolate their rookie QB, plus the Browns have a good secondary that shouldn't be picked on. I see a cagey affair between these in state rivals and I don't see the Bengals putting up more than 10 pts.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. St Louis/Philly Under 44 Inflated number here due to Vick and the high flying Eagle offense. But going back to the end of last season the Eagles struggled they average 15 pts in their final 3 games. The Rams have improved their defense adding former Eagle Quiton Mikell and this could be the year Chris Long develops into a pro bowler. The eagles OLine is very concerning they've totally reshuffled not to mention added a new scheme with OLine coach Howard Mudd. I see them taking time to gel. The Rams will be steady offensively but theyu don't have the weapons to make big plays consistantly. Bradford threw for 6yds per attempt extremely low number.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Minnesota/SD Over 41 Watching the Chargers in preseason I don't them getting off slow this year. The offense was clicking and are reloaded with Gates, Jackson and Floyd back. The Vikings secondary will get back CB Cedric Griffin after tearing his knee last season, but overall the Viking secondary will be tested heavily by the aggressive Rivers. Pro bowler Kevin WIlliams is out taking away from their pass rush. Offensively the Vikes welcome McNabb who can't be worse thean Favre in 2010. He won't be spectacular but he proved he can make plays downfield. Plus new OC Bill Musgrave has incirporated a new mix of man and zone blocking scheme which suits the large Viking OLine, opposed to the constant strecth ploays they ran during the Brad Childress tenure. I expect Peterson to be a force this season and remeber last time he played the Chargers he set an NFL record for rush yards in one game.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. KC/Buffalo Under 40 Both these teams have problems on their OLines. The Bills lost WR Lee Evans who didn't have great stats but whose speed really helped open things up for Stevie Johnson. I see Johnson struggling and he's really Fitzpatricks only reliable target. The Chief have a banged up Matt Cassel but they proved last season they can struggle if their run game isn't working. The Bills drafted Marcel Dareus who has has an instant impact as a run stuffer. The Chiefs were dreadful in the preseason something that can't be ignored. These teams played to 13-10 game last season with the Bills tying the game late on 4th down.

...if physical mis-matches, blown coverages and poor defense is your thing... ;) :lol I wouldn't mind being in the crowd tho...a lot of those 110k seemed to be excited young ladies... :ok
Less skill makes it more exciting IMO. The NFL can be boring at times and the crowds are MUCH better in college (mostly cuz its young kids) There was a game tonight, Notre Dame - Michigan. One of the best games I've ever seen. 3 TD's in the last 1:12. If we are talking about Alabama playing Maine then yes, that sucks, and no one wants to see it. But there is a big game every week in college and a lot of excitement. As the saying goes here for us college football fans...everyday should be a Saturday

Re: NFL Wk. 1. not a good start to the season... Colts +10 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I really dont think this will be as much as a shit show as everyone thinks. First of all this Texans team couldn't be more inconsistent. Second of all Kerry Collins might be coming off the couch but hes a veteran QB who I believe can put something together, especially with a pretty solid receiver core. I think the Colts but they at least make it close Eagles -3 (-135) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I guess this will be the first sucker bet of the year. Rams will be a much improved team this year but I don't think there gonna be able to stop Mike Vick out of the gun. I expect defenses to be slow in the first part of the season and more offensive games. Vikings +10 (-130) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I think you certainly have too consider the fact that the Chargers never start out well under Norv Turner (under Schotenheimer either I believe) Jets -6 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Have a feeling that the the Jets get this one done. I think that the fact that the its the 10th anniversary of 9/11 will have some kind of factor in this. Kind of "win for NYC" type deal. Romo might be rusty as well coming off an injury. He could struggle against Cromartie and Revis. Don't really have much faith in Garrett either. Pats -7 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes In the last 10 games these 2 teams have played (5 year sample), Miami has only been within 7 in 3 of them. They won two of them. Raiders +3 (even) to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes Raiders are back.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Green Bay -6.5 @ 2.11 :D Nice start to the season with my team in good form. Buffalo +3.5 @ 2.11 centrebet Buffalo will once again rely on QB Fitzpatrick to get them downfield but may have some problems in getting past a good Kansas secondary, so expect them to use the running game, with Jackson and Spiller get their share of the ball. They looked good in preseason and like them to be better on defence this year. Last year they have problems in defending the run, and this is where Kansas excels, as they allowed 170 yards per game, but they have addressed this area with some good players coming in. DE Dareus is a first round draft pick, while LB Barnett has come over from Green Bay, and with Pro Bowler Williams, OLB Merriman if he stays injury free, and ILB Davis, they look well placed to improve their rush defence. This may force Kansas to look to pass the ball and with QB Cassel they have a good one, but they did average just 186 passing yards per game last year (ranked 30th). Kansas were not tha overly impressive in the preseason and especially this being a shortened preparation, they may not be ready to start the season off well. Some stats to back up this pick include: NFC West home favourites are 8-28 ATS outside their division while AFC East road dogs are 24-14 ATS in non-divisional games. Also Buffalo is 15-9 ATS on the road in their last 3 years while Kansas is 4-7 straight up in their last 11 home openers and 2-5-1 ATS as favourite in their opening home games to the season. Furthermore, Buffalo have won 3 of the last 4 games between these two teams and lost 13-10 to Kansas last year in overtime. Cleveland -6.5 @ 1.97 pinnacle Cleveland will look to their QB McCoy to continue his development after a good rookie season where he averaged nearly 200 yards per game in his 8 starts. With some more confidence and experience he will look to take advantage of a Cincinnati defence that has quite a few new players there, and with the shortened preseason, they could get found out here. Also like RB Hillis to kick on from a very good season and he is a danger whenever the ball gets handed off to him or he is returning punts. Cincinnati will hope that first starter Dalton at QB does not choke as it is tough to start his first game on the road where the crowd is loking to put you off your game. Green is a very good pick up as WR but he will take time to adjust to the NFL, while the run game did not do much last year, as they were ranked 27th but then again, Cleveland was 27th defending the run. Like the Browns with a more experienced QB and RB to get more points on offence than the Bengals can, especially as the Bengals defence has more question marks about it than what the Browns has. Tennessee -2.5 @ 2.13 centrebet Tennessee have a new coach and new QB with Hasselbeck coming over from Seattle, while they have a very good young QB in Locker waiting for a chance. RB Johnson is looking to have a very good season now that he has had his contract finalised and he has averaged over 100 rushing yards in his last 6 games against the Jags. Also WR Britt showed last year that he is a good option if they decide to air the ball. Like them to expose a poor Jags defence that has not rebuilt over the summer, while on offence, the Jags got rid of their QB Gerrard and now have a very inexperienced one in McGowan. Expect them to use Jones-Drew quite a bit here but the Titans will send extra players in to block the lanes and rush the QB, in order to force them to pass the ball more often. Tennessee have won 3 of their last 4 opening games that were on the road, as well as winning 3 of the last 4 games in Jacksonville. They look much more settled than the Jags who have a QB that will find it difficult to get going in this divisional game, and who have lost 3 of their last 4 home openers. Atlanta -2.5 @ 1.98 pinnacle Atlanta will look to be even more potent on offence as they have picked up a very good WR in Jones in the draft, to complement the passing skills of QB Ryan, and with WR White he has some good options to aim for. RB Turner should have another good game here, while TE Gonzalez isanother good option for Ryan. Chicago's defence is quite solid but they were torched by Rodgers and the Packers in the playoffs last year, and Ryan and his Falcons are built along similar lines. How QB Cutler copes and rebounds with his own inept performance against the Packers in the playoffs will determine how competitive the Bears are here. RB Forte had a good year last year while WR Knoz was effective but the Falcons also have a decent defence. Not much spearates the two sides but Atlanta has more weapons on offence and they look like they will be too much for Chicago here. San Diego -9.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle San Diego are usually slow starters to the season but like them to start with a bang here, as they have QB Rivers ready to go. They have a couple of good options at WR (Jackson and Floyd) and TE Gates is still playing at a high level while RBs Mathews and Tolbert give them some balance on offence. Minnesota's defence looks in trouble as they have lost some of their better players there (Williams and Edwards are gone while the other Williams is out for this game) and hard to see them being able to contain this balanced offence. Minnesota will look to QB McNabb to get them going as well as RB Peterson but they do not have enough quality at WR which could make them one dimensional. San Diego were ranked 5th against the run last year and now they have added LB Spikes and safety Sanders, they look even better on defence this year. NY Jets -6.5 @ 1.97 pinnacle Jets will lift for this game as it falls on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and expect them to play with an even greater intensity. QB Sanchez is back with new targets Burress and Holmes, but the running game, led by Tomlinson and Greene will still be the main point of attack. Dallas has some injuries with CB Jenkins unlikely to play in defence, and hard to see them stopping the Jets from scoring some points here, as they found themselves ranekd 31st in points allowed and 23rd in yards allowed. Dallas' QB Romo will look to make up for a 2010 season that saw injuries reduce his playing time. He has some good options at WR and RB, but the problem is that he may not have time to get the plays off. The Jets pride themselves on defence and with the Dallas offensive line likely to have a few rookies there, expect them to blitz often and get to Romo.

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Plenty of my favourite performance lines for me to get stuck into today :- Houston - Matt Shaub OVER 240.5 passing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 5pts This is far too low for a QB who averaged 273 passing yards per game last year. With Foster doubtful through injury then this should mean more focus on the passing game. Even if he does play, then I wouldn’t expect them run the ball as much either. Shaub has proven many times before that he’s well capable of having big yardage games and with the likes of Andre Johnson receiving, he should have a good day. A line of 240.5 seems very low compared to some bookies who have him up close to the 270 mark. Atlanta- Matt Ryan OVER 220.5 passing yards @ 1.87 Bodog 4pts I don’t think the Falcons are going to have that much success running the ball today against a usually stout Bears defence. However, there are weaknesses in the backfield that Matt Ryan can exploit. With Roddy White and Julio Jones to aim for, plus Tony Gonzalez and a couple of others, I can see them focusing more on a passing game here. 220.5 looks a low yardage considering Ryan’s abilities, I’ll confidently back him to cover it. Cincinnati - Cedric Benson OVER 57.5 rushing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 4pts This is a really low line considering how the Bengal’s will approach the game. They have a rookie QB so I doubt they will take too many risks there, the majority of the work is going to be done on the ground. This means Benson should be in for a decent game and I can see him rushing 75+ yards in this one. Unless he picks up an injury or the Bengal’s seriously find themselves so far down early on and are forced to pass, then I don’t see how this line isn’t covered. Arizona - Larry Fitzgerlad OVER 75 receiving yards @ 1.86 Bet365 4pts For a quality receiver like Fitzgerald, this line seems too low. Kevin Kollb is going to throw the ball a lot to him today, and the Panthers secondary is nothing special. I expect him to see a lot of the action giving an excellent chance of more than 75 yards. To be honest, I think he’ll go over 100 here and barring injury I don’t see how he wont have a good game. Arizona - Beanie Wells OVER 52.5 rushing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 4pts This line seems a bit too low considering how poor the panthers were against the rush last season. Arizona have to keep things varied here, they cant just throw to Heap or Fitzgerald all day. Wells will certainly take some carries, and especially if they are ahead later on which is likely, then he should see plenty of the ball. I’d expect him to go at least 70+ yards here, so 52.5 seems extremely generous. Kansas City - Jamaal Charles OVER 92.5 rushing yards @ 1.91 Skybet 3pts He’s a beast and has the potential to run riot against the Bills defence today. I would say he’s likely to have a huge game and go over 100 yards, so I’ll snap up this 91.5 mark. Buffalo - Steve Johnson OVER 57.5 Receiving yards @ 1.87 Bodog 3pts I expect Fitzpatrick to pass the ball quite a lot today and Johnson will be his main focus. I was impressed with this guy last year he will definitely see a lot of balls and have a great chance of covering this line. I think he will obtain maybe 80+ here. Cleveland - Colt McCoy OVER 199.5 passing yards @ 1.83 Bodog 3pts This just seems ridiculously low to me. McCoy is well capable of covering this yardage, its not a particularly high mark. The Bengals defence is pretty poor and he should have a nice time picking off receivers. They wont just run it with Hillis all day IMO. Tennessee - Hasselbeck OVER 190.5 passing yards @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 3pts Yeh the Titans will run it with Johnson a lot and he will go well. But lets remember how poor the Jags defence is against the pass too. Hasslebeck is an experienced QB and is quite capable of going over this mark. There will be plenty of chances for him against this weak Jags side. San Diego - Rivers OVER 258.5 passing yards @ 1.74 Bet365 3pts Pretty self explanatory really. We all know River’s quality and I think he will have a monster season the Vikes defences isn’t all that bad but they’ll do well to stop him here. With doubts over Mathews’ running game I can see Rivers passing 300 today, so this sort of inn looks pretty low. San Diego - Jackson OVER 68.5 receiving yards @ 1.74 Bet365 3pts Goes hand in hand with Rivers really. If the QB has a big game like I expect, then Jackson will certainly profit. Team bets I’ve taken, each for 2pts Eagles -4 @ 2.04 Titans +1 @ 1.95 Chiefs -5.5 @ 2.03 Best of luck everyone!

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Pittsburgh -2.5 @ 2.13 Centrebet Big Ben > Flacco in a game where neither rush offense will make much impact. Chicago -2.5 @ 2.25 Centrebet I see all the tips for Falcons ATS, but I just think Cutler will feel like he has something to prove after the playoffs. Atlanta should have a potent offense this season, but Cutler put up some decent figures last time he faced the Falcons, in Atlanta, and I just think the odds about the Bears getting it done tonight, at Soldier, are a bit of value. And opposing the tide is how to beat the bookies, you just have to make sure it's the right tide

Re: NFL Wk. 1. PHI - 3.5 @ 1.97 1 unit Eagles' dream team against a team under construction (I love Bradford since he played at Oklahoma). But Eagles offense and defense are too much for Rams... NYJ - 6 @ 1.90 1 unit Rex Ryan will inmovilized Cowboys offense. Sanchez, Holmes, and LT will do the rest... NYG - WAS UNDER 40 @ 1.90 1 unit A classic among tipsters... I always play this pick. Record: 3-7 O/U in last 10 games. One of this over was the NYG upset season. These are my Sunday's picks Record: 0-0

Re: NFL Wk. 1. San Francisco -9.5 @ 2.44 Centrebet Gore to run the 'hawks out of this one, as he did here last season. Washington -6.5 @ 3.00 Centrebet Skins have lost 6 straight to the Giants, have lost 6 straight season openers v the Giants, and have lost 5 straight at home to the Giants. Of course I am going for them to win today :lol Giants have been hurt real bad by serious season ending injuries in their defense, and on this most poignant of days between 2 cities affected by the atrocities, the noise from the home crowd can spur Grossman and his boys to the victory against depleted opposition

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Pittsburgh -2.5 @ 2.13 Centrebet Chicago -2.5 @ 2.25 Centrebet San Francisco -9.5 @ 2.44 Centrebet Washington -6.5 @ 3.00 Centrebet NFL 2011 record: 3-1 (+3.69) Good night for me. I kind of fancy the Cowboys might upset the Jets in this next one, but given the exceptional circumstances I am leaving it. Congrats to other winners :clap

Re: NFL Wk. 1. Very bad Week 1 for me, which always happens to me, but never mind. Last bet for the week is.... Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos - Broncos (-3) @ 1.80 (Bet 365) The Raiders battered the Broncos twice last season and as a Broncos fan, it hurt. However, the Broncos are much better prepared this year with an offense that shouldn't rely totally on Orton/Lloyd, and the defense is looking stronger. Raiders are a poor team and with the motivation very much on Broncos to avenge the losses of last year, I think this could happen quite easily.