** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Italia Serie A 1st round

Roma - Cagliari Roma team not prepared to play under new coach Enrique, tensions between Totti and management and Totti has dressing room on his side. New players came too late to be prepared for new season, Lamela injured...many problems for Roma side, who at this moment are far weaker as at the end of last season. Cagliari made solid transfer window, lost goalie Mrchetti for him come Avramov and Lazzari attacker also Aquafresca, but last season he was bad. In come some new faces for which some can be surprises as much expectation goes to El Khabir and Ekdal come from Juventus. Situation is good for Cagliari to make surprise, Roma team will take month or two to play close to potential. Cagliari +1 @ 1.97 sbobet Palermo - Inter Palermo are biggest looser of transfer period, lost key players as Pastore and again are in middle of Zamparini idiotism of changing coaches as shirts. Lost Pastore, Bovo, Sirigu, Nocerino, Goian. Which translates into five key players from last season, reliable goalkeeper, whole central defence and two key midfielders. Bad performance in Europe for Palermo, coach changes. Inter with Gasperini a bit not know teritory, with changes and still they have more quallity to make a good start. Forlan, Ricky, Zarate, Poli...good team, but good are odds for Inter to win. They are better team now as Palermo and win should be achieved in Sicily. Inter -0.5 @ 2.08 sbobet Catania - Siena Catania make good window, only gone big player is Silvester, confirmation of Maxi is good for the team. Also came in Almiron, Suazo, Legrotaggile and Bergessio. Strong attack for Catania with new coach Montella. Siena team with new coach but no bigger players in. I think Siena will have trouble retaining Serie A status at the end of season. Odds for start of season are very good for Catania. Catania -0.5 @ 2.11 sbobet

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round

Friday 9 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Milan v Lazio (19:45 BST) 1.68 3.84 6.2 101.69 %
Saturday 10 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Cesena v Napoli (19:45 BST) 3.79 3.3 2.25 101.13 %
Sunday 11 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Juventus v Parma (11:30 BST) 1.49 4.5 8.9 100.57 %
maximize.gif AS Roma v Cagliari (14:00 BST) 1.56 4.3 7.4 100.80 %
maximize.gif Catania v Siena (14:00 BST) 2.14 3.25 4.17 101.48 %
maximize.gif Chievo v Novara (14:00 BST) 1.92 3.4 5.11 101.06 %
maximize.gif Fiorentina v Bologna (14:00 BST) 1.68 3.6 7.59 100.48 %
maximize.gif Genoa v Atalanta (14:00 BST) 1.8 3.7 5.79 99.85 %
maximize.gif Lecce v Udinese (14:00 BST) 3.36 3.3 2.46 100.72 %
maximize.gif Palermo v Internazionale (19:45 BST) 4.06 3.55 2.1 100.42 %

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Palermo vs. Inter I too fancy Inter to start with a win here. I have a lot of doubts about them over the length of the season, but I have even more about Palermo. Palermo are in turmoil and their youth team coach is now the first-team coach. They should line-up something like this: (4-3-2-1): Tzorvas; Pisano, Munoz, Silvestre, Balzaretti; Migliaccio, Bacinovic, Acquah(?); Illicic, Zahavi; Hernandez Decent up top but nothing more. A new CB partnership should display plenty of Palermo like errors. Silvestre is a great signing and he's going to be a busy boy this year. The midfield looks a little weak. Migliaccio is a grafter, Bacinovic is a bit of everything. Mangia may actually favour Miccoli more than Hernandez but thus far Miccoli has seen more of the bench than playing time. The front three is tricky but they'll have to be on their grind and take chances because I'd imagine Inter will control most of the pitch. Inter possible line-up: (3-4-3): JC; Rannochia, Samuel, Lucio; Jonathan, Stankovic, Sneijder, Zanetti; Zarate, Pazzini, Forlan It's a little hard to trust Gazzetta because there are lots of possibilities with this squad. Gasp has deviated from his 3-4-3 at times in pre-season and could do if he fancies it. 3-4-1-2 is possible to make the most out of Sneijder. 4-3-1-2 is just as possible. He has shown a willingness to use a back 3 so it should be expected really. Stankovic/Sneijder is far from ideal but should be ok for this match. Zanetti out wide is just as problematic in attacking terms. Zarate and Forlan are new signings and I'm unsure about both. Pazzini will be important and is a good finisher. If Zarate grows into his new club and decides to pass far more often he could create a lot of chances. In sum I don't particularly like either squad in respect of their season goals but in this match I'm going with Inter. Anything below 2.00 and I'd begin to think the value is limited. Inter -0.5 - 2.075 - 4 points - Bet365

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Why are people not thinking about Milan v lazio!? Milan made strong signings in summer decent defenders bought and only lost pirlo who admitably I loved but Milan relied too much on him at times. I think that prince and the other midfielder who's name I forget will be very strong this year to compensate pirlos loss. Also their strikers are immense. Zlatan to score will be good bet also. Lazio lost zarate which is big loss and I don't think their squad is anywhere near milans to compensate for his loss. Will need to look into it but I think Milan n inter double looks mighty strong. This year I'm looking at doubles big time. Manchester clubs to win. Real n barca to win. N the Milanese clubs also to win. Few successes already so hopefully will continue nicely Bets on betfair so will need to wait a bit for odds etc but I'm confident.

Why are people not thinking about Milan v lazio!? Milan made strong signings in summer decent defenders bought and only lost pirlo who admitably I loved but Milan relied too much on him at times. I think that prince and the other midfielder who's name I forget will be very strong this year to compensate pirlos loss. Also their strikers are immense. Zlatan to score will be good bet also. Lazio lost zarate which is big loss and I don't think their squad is anywhere near milans to compensate for his loss. Will need to look into it but I think Milan n inter double looks mighty strong. This year I'm looking at doubles big time. Manchester clubs to win. Real n barca to win. N the Milanese clubs also to win. Few successes already so hopefully will continue nicely Bets on betfair so will need to wait a bit for odds etc but I'm confident.
lazio mite of lost zarate but signing Djibril Cisse and Miroslav Klose are 2 class strikers plus lazio have dias in defence which last season he was there rock...to be honest will be a close game i think;) ps: as milan Injured: Phillippe Mexes Injured: Robinho Injured: Mark van Bommel Injured: Taye Taiwo Injured: Mathieu Flamini

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Milan - Lazio After the strike the last of best leagues get underway today with the game between last year champions Milan and ambitious Lazio from Rome. Both teams made many changes during the summer with Milan strenghtening their squad with Mexes, Taiwo, Aquilani, Nocerino, Al Shaarawy and lost Legrottaglie, Pirlo, Jankulovski and Oddo just to mention a few. On the other side Lazio brought in Klose, Cisse, Stankevicius, Marchetti, Konko, Cana, Lulic and lost Muslera, Bresciano, Lichsteiner and Zarate of the important ones. Milan will miss van Bommel, Flamini, Taiwo, Mexes and Robinho for this match, while Lazio will have to do without Cana, Radu, Sculli, Stankevicius and Marchetti. Probable line - ups: MILAN (4-3-1-2): Abbiati - Abate, Nesta, T. Silva, Antonini - Gattuso, Ambrosini, Aquilani - Boateng - Pato, Ibrahimovic LAZIO (4-2-3-1): Bizzari - Konko, Dias, Biava, Zauri - Ledesma, Brocchi - Mauri, Hernanes, Cisse - Klose With season still beginning we should put our stakes to minimum as there are certainly some questions about squad preparation. Nevertheless i found out that games between these two opponents finished with a draw on last 3 occasions and Lazio didn't lose in last three games with Milan on San Siro. We should also consider that Milan has to go to Barcelona on Tuesday for Champions League game, while Lazio will host Vaslui in Europa League on Thursday. All in all i believe that Milan won't go firing with all cylinders in this much as they didn't have any competitive games yet and will certainly have Barcelona game on their mind. With Lazio hard to break down i see some value in this bet: Lazio AH +1 1.775 Bet365, 3/10

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round AC Milan Starting line-up C. Abbiati I. Abate A. Nesta Thiago Silva D. Bonera M. Ambrosini G. Gattuso A. Aquilani K. Boateng Z. Ibrahimovic A. Cassano Lazio Starting line-up A. Bizzarri A. Konko G. Biava A. Dias L. Zauri C. Ledesma C. Brocchi S. Mauri Hernanes D. Cissé M. Klose I think that this game will have a lot of goals over 3,5

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round I personally see something in under 2.5 at 1.952 (Pinnacle). Both teams have good D's and Lazio's attacking point looks pretty weak. Klose and Cisse will fail. If Ambrosini can get a grip on Hernanes then Lazio's night is over in terms of attack. Milan don't always pop upfront though and I could certainly see Lazio frustrating them. I can agree with fading Milan at the quoted prices. I'm just going to watch though and enjoy the first game of the season.

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Some worrying concerns for Milan in that match. Primarily Nesta looks on his way out. He still had a couple of flashback moments but his general play was poor (by his standards). Anyway they came back to get a draw which was much deserved in the end. Neither D was on form in the first-half. Next for Milan...Barcelona. Christ. I can't see anything but Barca wiping the floor with them.

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round I think this will be my lot. There are a couple of tempters but I'm going to resist. Catania vs. Siena I'm with azzurini on this one. Catania have kept the core of their squad together, bar Silvestre. The loss of him will be felt over the season but I think they've got enough about them in this match. They have a good home record and last season went 11-4-4 (losing to Juve, Milan, Inter and Lazio). Legrottaglie will hope to replace Silvestre but will be missing for this match. Biagianti, Almiron and Ricchiutti is a decent midfield with a little bit of everything attribute wise. A front 3 of Gomez, Lopez and Bergessio/Lanzafame should trouble the lower sides also. I don't watch much Serie B so I know little about Siena right now. It may seem a bit flakey to fade a team that I know little about but I have a pretty strong feeling for Catania in this one. Given the circumstances, I am going to take half draw cover. Catania -0.25 - 1.813 - 3 points - Pinnacle Lecce vs. Udinese We are actually quite fortunate to have watched Udinese in two competitive matches already. They came out of the Arsenal matches with their pride in tact and will face relegation candidates Lecce this weekend. It's quite clear their style of play hasn't really changed. Quick counters and wing play are the order of the day. They were just a little short up front at times with Di Natale being isolated at times. This time round though they are expected to play Torje in and around him which should help greatly. Big things are hoped from him, but his presence alone will be a benefit. They are at full strength besides Benatia at CB. Lecce have a couple new signings along with a new coach. He is famed for his slightly reckless approach so Lecce may well try to score their way to safety this season. Frankly Oddo vs. Armero down their right flank looks horrific. The midfield is pretty settled and Bertolacci is a handy player breaking forward. Di Michele is the main player up front and he is expected to be joined by Coriva and Cuardado - far from special. Playing attacking football with that team seems a bit stupid. Udinese will be licking their lips and could tear them apart with a more ruthless approach in front of goal. Stronger all over the pitch and in theory better prepared too - I'm going with them. Half draw cover is still desired by me though. Overs could be a call as well. Udinese -0.25 - 2.090 - 5 points - Pinnacle

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Guidolin has today stated that he will be without Armero and Isla. Anyone who was considering taking Udinese should bear that well in mind. They are two important players. I'm not sure what it means for how they will line up. Fabbrini can play out wide, as can Pasquale, but it wouldn't be preferred. I guess we'll just have to see. I'm still relatively happy with the bet but I've already placed it so it's too late anyway.

Guidolin has today stated that he will be without Armero and Isla. Anyone who was considering taking Udinese should bear that well in mind. They are two important players. I'm not sure what it means for how they will line up. Fabbrini can play out wide' date=' as can Pasquale, but it wouldn't be preferred. I guess we'll just have to see. I'm still relatively happy with the bet but I've already placed it so it's too late anyway.[/quote'] Cheers for that update, I was thinking about Udinese but I am sitting out the 1st Serie A coupon of the season as there could be weird results aplenty.

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round I'm going to bet on Inter to win... they have a very good record vs. Palermo and I think Palermo sold half their team and have a new coach (their coach was sacked in the pre season and they have a youth coach playing). I think Inter will have a bad season yes but Palermo will be even worse. Odds are 2.0 to 1 on Bwin. ALso I will look at Juventus - Parma. Parma have a very good records vs. Juve - a traditional big team in Italy who win against the big teams but tend to struggle against the poorer teams. I also feel that the new stadium - will in the BEGINNING work against them - it reminds me of the Emirates for Arsenal - they struggled at first to get used to it.

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round I am considering a very nice treble for tomorow's games, JUVENTUS vs Parma, ROMA vs Cagliari and Palermo vs INTER. Odds are 4.50 which in my opinion is fantastic value for three of the biggest Italian teams to win on the opening day. They have all in my opnion strenghened really well with some great signings each and surely they will all want to get off to a good start. Thoughts?

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Also whats people's opinions on this treble? CATANIA vs Siena, CHIEVO vs Novara and GENOA vs Atalanta, judging by the fact that there all at home and the opposition doesn't seem the strongest. Once again the odds are fantastic, 7.2 so i am really tempted by this. Can people with a better Seria A knowledge give me some advice on these selections? Cheers guys :ok

Guidolin has today stated that he will be without Armero and Isla. Anyone who was considering taking Udinese should bear that well in mind. They are two important players. I'm not sure what it means for how they will line up. Fabbrini can play out wide' date=' as can Pasquale, but it wouldn't be preferred. I guess we'll just have to see. I'm still relatively happy with the bet but I've already placed it so it's too late anyway.[/quote'] I'll follow and take Udinese AH 0 @ 1,7 even tho' for the bad news. Can't wait to see this game and see Torje's approach at a new team and new championship. Go Udine!

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Udinese pick -139 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I think that Udinese holds a nice advantage due to already playing in the Champions League. They've already played solid competition while Lecce was losing to Crotone at home in a club friendly.

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Lecce - Udinese : Draw (3,20) Bet365 Udinese had a great season last year, but they lost some key like sanchez, Ilner og Zapata. They play decent against the worst Arsenal side for many years in the champions league. Lecce was lucky not to go down last year but they look a bit stronger this season. They got a new goalkeeper in Sergio and defender Oddo from Milan. Lecce had the worst defense in Italy last season. Some of the new guys got the strenght to improve that. I dont see them scoring a lot but whit a solid defense, they might get a lot of draws this time around.

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Unlike most of you, I think the value is on Lecce's side. They ended the last season in a really nice way and if they manage to keep the momentum, should be able to hold at least a draw here. Udinese have nothing to do with the team they used to be few months ago. 3 key players were sold, 2 more of them are going to miss today's fixtures so that makes half a squad. That's why I think backing Lecce in some form would be valuable pick. Anyway I am going to stay away from Serie A in the first round, just added my two cents. GL with your bets guys.

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round Juventus 4 Parma 1 Just watched a lot of this online. Juventus were very impressive throughout, with a big crowd in their new stadium http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_Stadium After the first goal, it was really a question of how many they would score. Parma were disappointing and could only manage a late penalty. On this form, you could see Juventus going a long way this season. Not just the result, but the manner of it.

Re: Italia Serie A 1st round I think Juventus' matches will be great to watch this season. They were pretty good throughout but I think they'll be caught out against better sides - particularly at CM. Parma were really poor and very limited. It was nice to watch though and now I just wait to see if Roma can start as well. :hope I can't wait to see Pjanic play.