** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September

Spooner

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September

5pts - QPR v Newcastle (Asian cards over 4.5) @ 1.95 Bet365 Phil Dowd is tonight's referee and he generally can't help but flash the cards and let everyone know he's in charge. In his first 3 league games this season he has produced 17 yellows @ 5.67 cards per game. His other match of note was the Community Shield, and while I accept this was a Derby match and always likely to produce a few bookings, he flashed 8 yellows in what is still a non competitive fixture. In his last outing he produced 6 cards in the Spurs v Man City game and that match hardly had a tackle of note. The only time he has gone under this line this season was the 3 cards he gave in the Swansea v Wigan match. We also have the added spice of Barton up against his old team mates. Surely he can't go the whole match without leaving his mark, and likewise I'm sure a few Newcastle players will be looking to score a few points with the fans by repaying the favour on Barton. Newcastle so far this season have received 8 cards in 3 matches with the opposition receiving 11 working out @ 6.33 per game QPR so far this season have received 3 cards in 3 matches with the opposition receiving 5 working out @ 2.66 per game Although this line is higher than I would normally like to play on this market. I'm very confident if Dowd referees in his normal manner that this line will be covered. GL 2 ALL
Only 4 in the end. Gutted. I can't belive Barton didn't chip in the card I needed :@ :@ :@

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QPR v Newcastle Newcastle DNB @ 2.10 Bluesq The bookies seem to be over estimating QPR imo especially since the arrival of Barton. He's a good player but he got relegated with a better squad of players around him at Newcastle than he does at QPR. Him, Taraat and Warnock are a car crash waiting to happen. Again, taarabt is a good player on his day but he seems to have a excellent game then disappoints for several games esepcially when the going gets tough. Barton will help of course but it won be enough imo. Their attack is weak and the whole sqaud just looks like relegation material/certs to me. Meanwhile, Newcastle look quite solid and although i don't rate Pardew i think they have enough to do well this season. The additions of Ba and Cabaye especially alongside Tiote looks strong. They can put in decent away performances and i see no reason why they wont here. The draw looked a decent bet but i fancy Newcastle to pip it for the following reasons. QPR's attack is weak QPR fans expectations have increased since signings QPR nervous of another hammering (eg bolton) esp' if go behind newcastle have the stronger squad Newcastle have more goal threat Taarabt will be out fought by Tiote/cabaye I expect a hard fought game but with the visitors coming out on top or picking up a point at worse.
Gut instinct is always the way! Just glad get my money back from reports, seems QPR should have won easily. Unlucky though to QPR backers, i know how gutting it can be to lose when a team dominates so much. Onto Dortmund and Orient tomo :hope

Fulham vs Blackburn Time for Fulham to get the first win of the season, but not in normal Craven Cottage fashion Over the last few seasons Craven Cottage to us has been a fortress. Our away form has picked up of late however we do our main damage on the table with consistent home performances. If this game was later in the season I would be confident in predicting Fulham to win -1 or even -2. Our record is a bit iffy against Blackburn and I can remember witnessing a few shockers against Blackburn and 3-4 Blockbuster at Loftus Road. However last season we beat them 3-2 in a tricky game and got a feeling this one wont be easy to. So as I said if this game was later in the season I would put a lot of confidence in a comfortable Fulham win. But the season is still very young and we are yet to win at home. The villa game seemed a dull affair but we probably had the better of the performances and if it wasn't for a heroic Given we probably should of got up 1 or 2 nil. Fulham have been very popular in the betting and I have seen the odds at 1.83 to 1.72 and now 1.66 (b365). Probably not the best value for a team still looking for their first win of the season and few more goals to come with it. I do believe Fulham will win however Blackburn are in all sorts of trouble and in their eyes this is a game where they are going to be looking to get something to. Fulham have always struggled away to these robust Blackburn type of sides however on our home pitch our pace and creativity is enough to get over the muscular obstacle these teams put up against us. I feel Blackburn will stumble again because of our creative, wide and pacey play but will put up a stern test. With them making it hard for us to break them down I think Fulham will go through waves of pressure resulting in the home corners tallying up. So to conclude here, I wouldn't rush in to the Fulham win at this price and would be careful on taking us on any handicaps because we are still finding our feet this season. Going to have a few new faces in the team so they could get off to a flyer or maybe take time to get settled. Blackburn will make this tough and I will be surprised to see them role over. But we will dominate possession and the value bets here would be. Fulham by 1 3.75 :wall Fulham by 2 4.50 :( Fulham team Corners over 6.5 @ 1.72 looks better than the Fulham win @ 1.66. :lol Good value in the overs here. We will want to be bagging a few but Blackburn could possibly grab one or two themselves. There has been recent history of high scoring games at home to Blackburn. Over 2.5 goals 2.00 :\ over 3.5 goals 3.50 :( Last week I missed out on the 4.00 on Newcastle by 1 which i recomended so I will be getting on the corners bet with 7/10 stakes. Good luck:hope COYW FTID
I hope I managed to sway a few of you on to the corners bet rather than the Fulham win. I went to the game and it was pretty much was what I predicted. Was confident we would be able to convert so I put live in play stakes down on a Fulham win when I new the corners was home. We lacked a bit of cutting edge and our play was a bit monotonous which was frustrating. Not sure what Fulham could do this year. We have done so much in the last few seasons this could be a season of in and out of form and a low midtable finish (13th,14th) looks the most predictable outcome at the moment. Blackburn on the otherhand are a poor poor side and teams with that little bit more finesse on the day will rip them apart. Lastly after 2 goals in the first half I was surprised not to see this one go over 2.5 and a bit unlucky in that one. Anyhow pleased to get the corners in and I will write up next week for the Man City game. :ok

A real kick in the teeth when you read a game right and get no payout although we don't complain when it's the other way round, swings and roundabouts as they say. Slight profit for me with City coming good on the handicap but should of been better had QPR taken their chances.

I agree. Unders looks nailed on here to me. I have already made significant investment at 1.74 on Betfair on such an outcome. I think the Betfair price is a very fair offer given the strong likelihood of a snoozefest tonight played out in front of the Sky cameras. I can't see more than a single goal in this game to be honest. Either side could it nick it' date=' but the 0-0 stalemate is definitely a decent chance a 9.8 on Betfair. I'm very tempted to put some cash down on Under 1.5 too at 3.2 on Betfair.[/quote'] Well done mate :ok. It was far from being a snoozefest, but at the same time it couldn't be said that you were lucky to win your bet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Could Paun please stop posting useless starting line ups.They are both unhelpful and wrong. eg. Chelsea Starting line-up P. Cech B. Ivanovic David Luiz --- did not start J. Terry A. Cole J. Mikel--- as above Ramires F. Lampard N. Anelka F. Malouda-----as above F. Torres----- as above Same as Man city no Nasri, Eddie Dzeko etc...........:spank Manchester City Starting line-up J. Hart M. Richards V. Kompany J. Lescott G. Clichy Y. Touré G. Barry D. Silva S. Nasri S. Agüero E. Dzeko