** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September

Spooner

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September

i will bet on E. Dzeko anytime ' date=' what do u think of the selection does it worth it ?:unsure[/quote'] Why does this selection need confirmation from anyone else before you take it? :unsure Surely he's one of the main players at City and very likely to get on the scoresheet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Arsenal - Wigan udner 2.5 @ 2.24 pinnacle Well Arsenal will look to get some form on the board as they were smashed 8-2 by Man Utd in their last game, and had not scored in their first two games as they drew 0-0 away to Newcastle and lost 2-0 at home to Liverpool. With Nasri and Fabregas to create chances for them, and though Arteta is a good signing, he may take time to settle in, believe that they will have a tough time trying to break Swansea down, as they will, like many other smaller clubs that play on the road to the bigger clubs, will be more defensive in their approach. Swansea were well beaten by Man City (4-0) first up, but two subsequent 0-0 home draws with Wigan and Sunderland means that they are beginning to settle down. Even though Arsenal' defence has question marks over it, the signing of Mertsecker is a good one, and with Swansea yet to score, like them to keep them out yet again, while their attack will have some problems breaking down Swansea who know that they cannot play an open game with Arsenal, as van Persie will cut them to shreds up front with some decent service Everton - Aston Villa draw @ 3.38 pinnacle The transfer of Arteta takes away the one player that Evereton could rely on to be creative for them, as they are left with a midfield of workers, who will look to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. Up front, there is not much quality and believe that Everton will struggle to score. In defence they are pretty solid, with Baines, Distin, Jagielka and Neville, backed by Howard in goals, so they are not a team that is easily breached. Villa are similar in Everton in that they too have a solid defence, a good midfield unit of workers but they do have some quality up front. Banking on Bent still not being fit for this which will lessen their chances of scoring as he needs just half a chance to score, while Heskey is not a consistent goal scorer, as he tends to look to play in other players. Recent fixtures between these two sides have seen goals in them but see this one being low scoring and may not even see any goals at all. Yet they have drawn 4 of their last 5 games, and like this to be another one. Man City - Wigan under 2.5 @ 2.78 pinnacle Man City are flying with 3 wins and having scored 12 goals, they will be very confident of scoring a few more here. They beat Swansea 4-0 at home on opening day, and then beat Bolton 3-2 and Tottenham 5-1 in their last 2 road games. However Wigan have kept cleans sheets in their last 2 games, with all 3 games going under, so they will be wary of Man City with the mood they are in. Wigan have scored just twice against Man City in their last 7 meetings but have not scored in their last 4 games at Man City. Also these two sides have gone under in 8 of their last 11 meetings including 5 of the last 6 at Man City, and though this Man City side is much better, doubt that Wigan will just roll over here Liverpool @ 2.23 pinnacle Stoke are always hard to beat at home, and with Liverpool having drawn 2 and lost the other of their last 3 visits there, then the form line suggests that wil not be the case here. However they have made a very good start to the season where they have beaten Arsenal 2-0 away and Bolton 3-1 at home in recent week, and the manner of their play gives them confidence going into this game. With Suarez up front, they have a player who can make something out of nothing, and will not be afraid of any of the hard stuff that Shawcross may give out, as he has the guile of cause him some problems. Stoke will rely on getting the ball forward as quickly as possbile as they usually do, especially if they play both Crouch and Jones, but Liverpool with Agger and Carragher are used to playing them, while Enrique gives them more height to deal with this threat. Believe that Liverpool have showed enough in midfield to suggest that they can dominate this area, and if Suarez gets enough early quick ball up front, he has the quality to lead Liverpool to a rare win at Stoke. Sunderland - Chelsea over 2.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle The last 6 matches between these two sides have gone over and could do so again, as now Sunderland have Bendtner to partner up with Gyan, and now they look a bit more threatening up front. Though they have scored just once in their first 3 games of the season, the fact that Chelsea have given up goals in their last 2 games, and they are a bit suspect in defence this eyar, will give them cause for optimism that they can score. Chelsea have added Mata and Meireles to their side, and both players can create and score goals, and they are hoping that they can help Torres capture some form here. Like the look of this to have some goals in it Tottenham @ 2.42 pinnacle Wolves have started well this season, with a 2-1 away win over Blackburn to start the season off, and followed this up with a 2-0 home win over Fuham before drawing 0-0 away to Aston Villa. Spurs on the other hand have lost 3-0 at Man Utd and 5-1 at home to Man City, and though they have been against quality opposition, the ease of which their defence has conceded has them lacking some confidence going into this game. If Spurs play a 4-3-3 formation with Parker and Huddlestone sitting in front of their defence, this should allow Modric much more freedom to play the attacking midfield position that he likes, and can see him getting some more service into their forwards. Bale and Lennon should play in a more advanced role which will allow them to run at players which they like doing, and with Adebayor starting up front, he can cause plenty of problems for defenders with the right service. Like Spurs to regroup here and be a much tougher side for Wolves than what they have faced so far, and with the need to get their season going, like Tottenham to do enough to win the game Bolton - Man Utd over 3.5 @ 2.57 pinnacle Bolton have been involved in some high scoring games to start the season off as they beat QPR 4-0 away, then lost 3-2 at home to Man City before losing 3-1 away to Liverpool. Man Utd have also been scoring goals, beating West Brom 2-1 on the road, then accouting for Tottenham, 3-0 at home, and then smashing Arsenal 8-2 at home. They will playe their usual attacking game here and should create some chances while Bolton will send Davies and Klkasnic at this Man Utd defence, and especially at De Gea if he plays, as he has shown to be suspect at times. They drew 2-2 in the corresponding fixture last year, while Man Utd won 4-2 at Bolton the year before, so can see some more goals here August picks: 12-16 (+5.86)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September fulham have added couple of new additions in ruiz who has certainly got a good cv but still will need time to adjust to english footy scored lots of goals in holland although high scoring league with most teams cannon fodder to the top three.plus crygera def, who might find it a bit different than italian league,but still very experienced international likes to get forward down the side lines.dempsey got first goal and will be main threat,zamaro also fit,riise out injured.blackburn also couple of new faces scott dann will fit in straight away in at the back plus yakubu and vuksevic will make debutes.fulham always been good home team still only lost one of last ten home games.although i will not be throwing all my money on the table,as teams still havent gelled together after transfers so early in the season,but think blackburn will still be pointless after this meeting as fulham will want thier first win of the season.home win

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September i know man utd have had a fantastic preseason and looked great early on, but am I the only one that remembers they're struggles away from Old Trafford last season? Even they're trip to the Hawthorns earlier this season was a dogfight and just a few minutes from being a draw...and I think we would all rate Bolton as a stronger side to WBA. Bolton +1.25, 1.92 at 5d for me.

paun, please change this style of posting and read the rules! This is a real mess in this now! The people wants us to tip matches. Try to put the names on one single line for each team in a post with all the teams!
he is manufacturing posts, like Man City goals, I guess

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Only one Premier League game interests me today, Stoke v Liverpool - LAY Liverpool @ 2.28 with Betfair Liverpool are just too short here. Stoke reminded everyone how stubborn they can be at the Britannia when they ground out a 0-0 draw with Chelsea on the opening day. To be fair, The Potters more than held their own in the 1st half, causing the Chelsea defence problems with an aerial bombardment into the box, before finding themselves pinned back and defending resolutely in the 2nd half. They lost just 5 games at home last season, taking all 3 points against Liverpool and Arsenal, and sharing the spoils with Chelsea and Manchester City, and I like the way they've started this season as well, conceding just 1 goal in their opening 3 league games. They've also taken European football in their stride, winning all 4 games again for the loss of only 1 goal. As far as Liverpool are concerned, I think it's still too early to start trusting them on the road against tough opposition. In Suarez, they have a player who can worry even top class defences, but I'm still unsure about their midfield. I think they'll miss Meireles, who helped turn the game when he came on against Arsenal and, without a fit Steven Gerrard, most of the responsibility for creating falls on Charlie Adam's shoulders. He's a technically gifted player for sure, but I'm not convinced he's ready to carry that much expectation on his shoulders just yet. All in all, at this price, Liverpool just have to be opposed.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Arsenal -1.5 ah @2.075 8/10 pts (bet365) Arsenal has a lot of absentees for this game, and most painful is the absence of Gervinho I guess, who was creative when he had a chance to play. But still, if we look at the Gunners lineup, we can see a strong premiership side. I hope for Arteta to put out a nice display, and Van Persie to prove he's one of the best strikers in the league. They also have Szczesny in goal, who is in superb form atm (his saves in international friendly against Germany were fantastic). Swansea on the other hand are yet to score in the league. They may have created some chances last time but they just don't score goals. They will have a full-strength squad and a man to watch is their keeper Vorm, who looked very good in previous games. cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Everton v Aston Villa - Lay Everton @ 2.1 Betfair Think Everton are too short here and could struggle after the deadline day sale of Arteta to Arsenal and also in losing Beckford. Everton tend to start slowly and were fortunate to pick up 3 points last time out at Blackburn. Villa are unbeaten this season and have had two 0-0 draws so they are a hard side to breakdown. The signings of Jermaine Jenas and Hutton should add something to the current side. With Darren Bent passed fit Villa have that extra firepower and I think they will emerge from Goodison with at least a point. Everton seem to come up with performances when you don't expect it (beating Spurs at Goodison last year) but need to go with my instinct here. Arsenal v Swansea - Arsenal @ 1.36 PaddyPower Ok not the most imaginative bet ever but can't see it failing. Arsenal owe their fans a performance after the 8-2 mawling at Old Trafford and the signings of Arteta, Mertesacker and the Korean striker should give them an extra edge today. Swansea have done ok so far and look a decent passing side but look like they will struggle for goals and their style of football may play into Arsenals hands and the likes of Walcott and Van Persie should get chances. I think Arsenal will cover a hanicap but I'll play it safe and take the 4/11 for the straight win. For the guy above doing Dzeko anytime scorer, will he definitely start? Mancini may rotate with CL during the week. If he doesn't feature at all you will get your stake back anyway but just something to consider.

guys where can i find the team players line up for today's match ( all matches )
You won't find confirmed line-ups until nearer kick-off. The BBC Sport website is quite good, as is Sky Sports' website. Searching on Twitter can also be quite productive - many clubs have an official Twitter feed where they post the line-ups or you'll sometimes find journalists that are covering the match posting them up early. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September I feel Utd's odds are too short. Many of their away games last season they have won in the last minute and usually just by 1 goal. Some people say they have an incrediable winning mentality but football the variance is just too high and i feel united have been really lucky in the past with bolton capable of scoring a goal for themselves. Bolton + 1 AH looks like a solid bet

I feel Utd's odds are too short. Many of their away games last season they have won in the last minute and usually just by 1 goal. Some people say they have an incrediable winning mentality but football the variance is just too high and i feel united have been really lucky in the past with bolton capable of scoring a goal for themselves. Bolton + 1 AH looks like a solid bet
That's the key phrase of your post. I personally find Man.United to be a good team to bet in-play.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Everton vs Villa: under 2.5 goals @ 1.72 (Stan James:5pts) Been a tricky start to the season for Everton, felt they needed the int'l break but this is another tough game for them IMO. Everton seem to be really struggling in an offensive sense, Arteta has now gone, Cahill doesn't seem to be as good as in past years, and they've seemed to lack a quality striker for a long time. I can really see them struggling to break down Villa today. Villa on the other hand have some real threats up front with Bent, Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia but they have had 2 scoreless draws in 3 games, N'Zogbia doesn't seem to have settled yet and I'm sceptical about the formation McLeish is playing so far. Anyway, can see a tough match here, unders is my call. Stoke DNB vs Liverpool @ 2.50 (William Hill:6pts) Fancy Stoke to get something here, although Liverpool's start to the season has put me off a straight win. Love backing Stoke in some capacity at home, it's one of the toughest places to go in the Premiership, always play with intensity and endeavour, dangermen on the wings in Pennant and Etherington and have added Crouch to their forward line, so he may play with either Jones or Walters. Liverpool under Dalglish have been very good but I've still seen a few chinks in their armour, namely defence and how they fit Carroll in. Really fancy Stoke to get amongst them today and get a result. Wolves vs Spurs OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.980 (Pinnacle:6pts) This looks good to me, Spurs have had a tough start to the season but can welcome Adebayor and Parker into the side now, the Modric saga is over, and with Bale/Lennon out wide I think they have goals in them. By the same token Spurs' defence is usually good to leak a goal or two, and Wolves seem to be playing some good stuff this season, confidence is high so I would expect them to create some chances today aswell. McCarthy seems to have balanced the first team well with hard-working wingers, O'Hara adding some quality to midfield and Fletcher and Doyle linking up quite well this season so far. Overs is my call. GL!............:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September I'm aware i'm being rather pessimistic this season but we are consistently being underpriced by the bookies so it leaves me no option really. The theme continues today with a bet on Swansea in the Asian Handicap. They were the most defensively solid side of those that came up and havent disgraced themselves so far with 2 x 0-0 draws and a loss away at Man City. It is apparent the problems Arsenal have had offensively in the first 3 games of the season and whilst the addition of Arteta should help here, he cant do it on his own. We look a side short on confidence at the moment and although there is an argument to say the new signings will give the place a lift, i'd like to see some evidence before I get involved at odds of 1.33. I can see Swansea lining up quite defensively here and we could easily struggle to break them down. Victor Chander are offering 5/6 about Swansea (+1.5) and I think thats a decent bet. If they score then we are really up against it to beat that handicap Swansea (+1.5): 10 points @ 5/6 >Victor Chandler

I'm aware i'm being rather pessimistic this season but we are consistently being underpriced by the bookies so it leaves me no option really. The theme continues today with a bet on Swansea in the Asian Handicap. They were the most defensively solid side of those that came up and havent disgraced themselves so far with 2 x 0-0 draws and a loss away at Man City. It is apparent the problems Arsenal have had offensively in the first 3 games of the season and whilst the addition of Arteta should help here, he cant do it on his own. We look a side short on confidence at the moment and although there is an argument to say the new signings will give the place a lift, i'd like to see some evidence before I get involved at odds of 1.33. I can see Swansea lining up quite defensively here and we could easily struggle to break them down. Victor Chander are offering 5/6 about Swansea (+1.5) and I think thats a decent bet. If they score then we are really up against it to beat that handicap Swansea (+1.5): 10 points @ 5/6 >Victor Chandler
I had my doubts for arsenal too at the end of last season, however i still feel that theres enough quality to beat swansea at the emirates. Swansea will rise to the challenge but ultimately arsenal will be too good for them in the end. i see 2-0, 3-0 here, so i will be waiting to put money on Arsenal -1.5 or win to nil.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Man City vs Wigan Selection Team Goals: Man City - Over 2.5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 10/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.83 Reasoning Man City have been unstoppable in the league thus far having added more attacking players to their team. Dzeko has settled in nicely as can be seen by the four goals he scored against Tottenham last time out and with Aguero having scored 3 goals in 3 games, Man City will be looking to demolish their opponents in front of thier home crowd. Wigan have started the season alright but they have only faced the promoted teams thus far. I fully expect Man City to score 3 goals here and to win by a large margin as well while they are at it. Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Bolton vs Man Utd Selection Ashley Young to score anytime Strength 4/10 Date 10/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.20 Reasoning I think this bet has some decent value. Ashley Young scored twice in the demolition of Arsenal and played well during the international week against Wales and Bulgaria. He scored the winning goal against Wales. Given his impressive start to the season, I fancy a small punt on him to get a goal against Bolton anytime. Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Everton vs Aston Villa Selection Aston Villa +0.25 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 10/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.10 Reasoning I fancy Aston Villa to get something out of this fixture. Everton are generally slow starters and shouldn't have won their game versus Blackburn. They were lucky Blackburn missed both their penalties. Everton comes into this match with one loss to QPR and one win over Blackburn. They also lost Arteta to Arsenal since their last game. Arteta is an influential player for their side and I feel that they will feel the loss of him over the next few games. Aston Villa on the other hand come into this fixture undefeated with 2 draws and 1 win. Their squad looks really strong and they have a very good attacking line-up as well. Past fixtures have proved to be high scoring ones between these two teams, but given how Everton usually start the season much slower than the two and how unconvincing their victory over Blackburn seemed to me, I gotta go with this bet which will pay provided Villa get something out of this match. Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Norwich vs West Brom Selection Over 2.5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 11/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.95 Reasoning Both of these teams have not had the best of starts to the season. However, both of teams are capable of scoring as they have demonstrated in their games played thus far. Norwich have scored in all 3 of their games played so far and West Brom have scored against the likes of Man United and Chelsea to date. With both teams eyeing their first victory and both capable of scoring, I fancy seeing a couple of goals in this fixture with potentially West Brom edging out Norwich.

I'd be extremely cautious in backing any team playing against Man City at the moment (maybe apart from Barca and Man Utd). They seem to be scoring for fun, and showed a superb performance against Tottenham last time It's amazing how fast Nasri settled into the squad, and also the form their attackers are in.. Agreed, Wigan is an established premier league team but let's be honest - they face a goliath here and in my opinion will be beaten confidently Man City goals >2.5 @1.83 10 pts Man City goals >3.5 @3.25 4 pts with bet365
Don't you think ManCity might slow down if they are 2-3 goals up, tanking for CL match?

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Norwich - West Brom. Carrying on in my trend of posting on the subject of my team, I am quite surprised at the odds for a Norwich win on offer. Currently you can get Norwich at 13/8 with Paddy Power, which for me represents a little bit of value, but a blinder of a bet is surely Norwich DNB at 5/6 with Coral. So far, Norwich have shown some real ability. The last home match with Stoke was a hard fought affair, and having had a player sent off in perhaps dubious circumstances, we were still unlucky not to hold on for all 3 points. Our performance at Chelsea was arguably better, and had we not conceded a penalty and had the keeper sent off, we could well have taken away the point. Our inexperience has perhaps shown, especially with the red card at chelsea, and three penalties in as many league games, but we have also played some good football and have in Paul 'The Messiah' Lambert a manager capable of ringing changes that have impacts. West Brom have perhaps had an unconvincing start to the season, but considering they've already faced Chelsea and Man U, its perhaps not that surprising they're sat on 0. However, they lost at home to Stoke in their last outing, and while Roy Hodgson is denying that they tire late in matches (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14861115.stm) this does appear to be a real problem, with goals being conceded in the last 10 minutes of all their League games so far. Norwich are exactly the type of team that can capitalise on this, we have a team that is fit and spent much of last season nicking late goals. While I would be tempted into both teams to score, especially with our sub keeper starting, the odds of 3/4 at BlueSquare and 888 just aren't appealing enough. (On a side note, if anyone had any odds on a double for match of the day showing a picture of Delia Smith in the stands and referring to Grant Holt as a classic centre forward, I'd bite your hands off). GL all.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September I'm really tempted to back Stoke @3.7 at Betfair. I think they could Pull of a win here as they have strenghened with the signings of Crouch and Palacios who will both fit right into their style of play. With the likes of Shawcross, Huth, Woodgate, Crouch, Jones they will be a huge threat from their throw in's and corners so they can potentially nick a goal from these and they are constantly getting the ball in the box from the wings. I know Liverpool got a good win against Arsenal last week but they were depleted and struggled untill the frimpong's sending off. I may also back the DNB @ 2.56 which is also great odds. They will be hard to break down and can easily grab a win, more certain is a draw. What's people's opinions on this? :ok

Only one Premier League game interests me today, Stoke v Liverpool - LAY Liverpool @ 2.28 with Betfair Liverpool are just too short here. Stoke reminded everyone how stubborn they can be at the Britannia when they ground out a 0-0 draw with Chelsea on the opening day. To be fair, The Potters more than held their own in the 1st half, causing the Chelsea defence problems with an aerial bombardment into the box, before finding themselves pinned back and defending resolutely in the 2nd half. They lost just 5 games at home last season, taking all 3 points against Liverpool and Arsenal, and sharing the spoils with Chelsea and Manchester City, and I like the way they've started this season as well, conceding just 1 goal in their opening 3 league games. They've also taken European football in their stride, winning all 4 games again for the loss of only 1 goal. As far as Liverpool are concerned, I think it's still too early to start trusting them on the road against tough opposition. In Suarez, they have a player who can worry even top class defences, but I'm still unsure about their midfield. I think they'll miss Meireles, who helped turn the game when he came on against Arsenal and, without a fit Steven Gerrard, most of the responsibility for creating falls on Charlie Adam's shoulders. He's a technically gifted player for sure, but I'm not convinced he's ready to carry that much expectation on his shoulders just yet. All in all, at this price, Liverpool just have to be opposed.
Agree with this Western Skies. Yes Liverpool have undoubtably improved under Dalgleish, but it's far too early to be backing them at short prices away from home. Stoke are pretty formidable at home and in Palacios and Crouch they've made another 2 solid signings that will fit into their style of play perfectly. Woodgate and Upson (provided they both can stay fit) will provide an even more robust defence than they've had in the last few seasons. I actually fancy Stoke to have a good chance of taking all 3 points, so think I'll back them on the 0 AH at 2.68 (betfair) for 10 points. Use the standard win market to get these odds, as the liquidity is better: stake 7.06 points - Stoke @ 3.8 stake 2.94 points - Draw @ 3.4

I'm aware i'm being rather pessimistic this season but we are consistently being underpriced by the bookies so it leaves me no option really. The theme continues today with a bet on Swansea in the Asian Handicap. They were the most defensively solid side of those that came up and havent disgraced themselves so far with 2 x 0-0 draws and a loss away at Man City. It is apparent the problems Arsenal have had offensively in the first 3 games of the season and whilst the addition of Arteta should help here, he cant do it on his own. We look a side short on confidence at the moment and although there is an argument to say the new signings will give the place a lift, i'd like to see some evidence before I get involved at odds of 1.33. I can see Swansea lining up quite defensively here and we could easily struggle to break them down. Victor Chander are offering 5/6 about Swansea (+1.5) and I think thats a decent bet. If they score then we are really up against it to beat that handicap Swansea (+1.5): 10 points @ 5/6 >Victor Chandler
Agree :ok I think with Swansea it's more the fact they keep the ball very well rather than defensive solidarity. Against Man City for instance they had 47% possession, and kept the the score at 0-0 before succumbing in the second half. I think if Swansea can frustrate Arsenal by keeping the ball, what we'll see again is the Arsenal players being pulled out of position in a desperation to win back possession.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Man City v Wigan Ath Wigan Ath +2 Odds - 1.93 @Betfair I think this is a cracking bet on Wigan too be given a plus 2 goals head start. Wigans defence looks a lot more solid this season and I know they are playing City who are superstars, but Wigan will give it a good go today. They are now an established premiership team now that a lot of people fail to take into account and are looking like it. Wiagn are unbeaten in 7 premiership games now inc last season and in the last 10 games against City have only conceded 3 or more just the once. I'm not saying Man City won't win, but I don't think it's going to be a demolition like everyone else thinks it will be. I also have a cheeky little number on the draw too.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September I've decided to take 2 more bets on today's action. Chelsea v Sunderland @ 1.61 Over 2.5 @ 1.92 First and foremost I am a Chelsea fan so I'll try and make this as straight forward and short as possible. I've taken them to win in this fixture for 2 reasons. Firstly Chelsea's form is far from their best, but I've seen enough promise to beleive a good performance isn't too far away. They've introduced a couple of players and decent ones at that. Mata is class, Sturridge is coming back from suspension and although he may not get a start, I still think he'll get time on the pitch and his pace/hunger will be a cause for concern. All round I'm expecting a better performance from Chelsea, they may not run away with a 5-0 victory, but I think they have enough quality and experience to really start improving. Secondly, I've watched a bit of Sunderland this season - Mainly because they made so many signings in the off season and I really was tipping them for big things this year. It hasn't quite gone according to plan in my book - they still look as if they need much more time to gel, settle, and find a rythym. Until that happens, they may get caught out and punished by teams like Chelsea (if they perform!). And I've taken the overs as I expect to see a few goals. Chelsea will be hard to keep out for 90 minutes, and defensively they are a little prone to mistakes and misunderstandings this year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Sunderland get on the scoresheet at least once. All bets with Sportsbet :ok

Don't you think ManCity might slow down if they are 2-3 goals up' date=' tanking for CL match?[/quote'] No I don't. When they are 2-3 up, Mancini may introduce some subs. But hey! Who do we have on the bench?! It may be either Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko or Aguero. Or Johnson and Milner. These guys also need to show they want to play first team football. Anyway, my main bet would be City >2.5, and I think they are capable of doing that. Cheeps and good luck mate

I feel Utd's odds are too short. Many of their away games last season they have won in the last minute and usually just by 1 goal. Some people say they have an incrediable winning mentality but football the variance is just too high and i feel united have been really lucky in the past with bolton capable of scoring a goal for themselves. Bolton + 1 AH looks like a solid bet
This is why I like the Asian markets. United -1 is around 1.70. If you think they're gonna win, take them on this, and if it is a narrow victory by a single goal, you're no worse off than when you started.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Man City v Wigan Man City clean sheet looks reasonable value at 5/6 with Bet 365 As far as I know, I don't think City looked like conceding against Swansea although Swansea attacked them early on. Wigan are stronger than some people think, but can they score here? I the odds on a City clean sheet should be more like 1.5, so 1.83 is good value ;)