** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September

Spooner

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September The bet i like this weekend is Arsenal v Swansea both teams not to score (4/5) & Everton v Aston Villa both teams not to score (4/5) as a double works out to be 2.24/1. This is on Willhill Reasons are I do expect Arsenal to win this game and Swansea have yet to score in the PL, I know they like to play football and keep the ball but i dont think they have enough quality upfront to score many goals this season. & I know that people have said earlier on that the Everton fixture does usualy contain a lot of goals but after watching both team so far this year netiher look great going forward. Everton usually take a few games to get going every season and Villa look a little negative under Mcleish and i expect them to even more negative away from home as that is often what he did at Birmingham, i expect this game to be either 0-0 or a sneaky 1-0 either way. Any suggestions why not back this would be appreciated, Thanks

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September I would say that's risky. Arsenal vs Swansea should be a home win but do you really trust a calamitous Arsenal defence too keep them out? They concede from anywhere, at any time, against anyone, in the most stupidest of circumstances, due to tactical naiviety, a gung ho mentality to score rather than preferring to defend and individual errors that crop up throughout the defence. My bet would be over 2.5 or over 3.5, as a 3-1 or 4-1 Arsenal win to me looks likely. Everton vs Villa is too unpredictable for my liking, two above mid table teams based on previous seasons where one is coming to grips with new system of play due to new manager and the other is as always trying to recover from a transfer window that left the fans depressed. I would go for under 2.5 rather than both not to score. I would go for over 2.5 in Arsenal Swansea and under 2.5 Everton Villa if I were you, and odds would probably work out to be similar :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September

Wolves v Spurs Wolves DNB @ 2.10 BET365 Yes, spurs are considerably better than us, and have some great talent but i'm not sure everything is rosy with them. Is Modric's heart in it? for eg. Adebayor (if he starts) has got an attitude problem defoe abit disgruntled at lack of opportunities even when being their most natural goalscorer. Pav' similar to defoe, often does well off the bench but not given regular chance.
I see your points, and this is a great write-up, but I'm leaning towards Tottenham DNB @ 1,66 (Bet365) As you've asked - "Is Modric's heart in?" - I guess it should be... This isn't the first transfer upset he have had, and although it is the worst - he still knows how to play, and knows that he has to keep his permormance on the pitch high to get the transfer to some of the big-league clubs he desires. In the game Croatia Vs Israel - he scored a beautiful, sniper-precise goal from some 18-20m (in-game, not form the free kick), something we don't see him do as often as we'd like. He's got game. He'll pick up where he left. Adebayor will be very motivated, after Real letting him go, and Man.City snubbing him... All he should do is focus all that resentment and energy into powerful forward play. I fancy Wolves, and I know they're hard to crack at home, but I feel it's the time for Spurs to get some points, to "cash in" on their strength on paper.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Arsenal AH -1 @ 1.58 (Bet365) Expect an Arsenal side looking something like this: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs; Frimpong, Ramsey, Arteta; Benayoun/Arshavin, Van Persie, Walcott. As long as Frimpong and Ramsey can put their feet in, I think that's a decent eleven, with good goal-scoring potential. I think this'll be an open game, and I can only see one winner in that scenario. Wigan AH +2 @ 1.95 (Bet365) City have had a great start, and showed they could well be a title contender with the spanking of Spurs. Even so, Wigan will dig in here and I think can frustrate, as they have done on numerous occasions under Martinez. Man United AH -1 @ 1.65 (Bet365) Bolton have done OK thus far, but they were poor at Liverpool and maybe indicates to me they may not be the team they were last season. United off the back of the 8-2, seems like moral is great at OT right now, and I think they'll take some stopping tomorrow.

As you've asked - "Is Modric's heart in?" - I guess it should be... This isn't the first transfer upset he have had, and although it is the worst - he still knows how to play, and knows that he has to keep his permormance on the pitch high to get the transfer to some of the big-league clubs he desires. In the game Croatia Vs Israel - he scored a beautiful, sniper-precise goal from some 18-20m (in-game, not form the free kick), something we don't see him do as often as we'd like. He's got game. He'll pick up where he left.
But the Croatian lads love turning out for their country, don't they? Modric asked 'Arry to leave him out for the City game, and I really wouldn't trust his mental state right now. I doubt it's having a great effect on his teamates either.

just a word of warning mate.....arsenal are still missing, vermalen, song, diaby, wilshire, jenkinson is out with suspension, rosicky has come back injured and is a doubt, santos is not match fit and will not be in the squad. gervinho is suspended and squillaci is injured also. i think we shall still win but still a long way from full strength as u would imagine 5 of those would be in our strongest 11. half team missing i see a 1 goal winning margin. good luck with your bet.
I decided not to touch this one due to your advices I took a double instead including man city on -1,5AH and Real Madrid/Real Madrid which has combined odds around 2 @BET365. And than another double including Man City -1,5AH and Westham v Portsmouth to be under 2,5...odds 3,11@bet365 I know the non premier league matches doesnt belong into this tread, but just wanted to let you know about my change of mind...still the main bet for me this weekend is imo a SAFE -1,5AH on ManCity :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Stoke vs Liverpool over 2.5 @ tab sportsbet 2.20 In the past it's screamed unders, at the moment I feel that both are better attacking teams with new players, also if liverpool hit the break I wouldn't be suprised if there's a red card the speed of downing and suarez I feel will cause problems GL

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September I am going to do singles and an all odds-on accumulator for the premier league this weekend, all have decent claims i feel.... All with Paddy Power Chelsea WIN @ 8/11 I feel Chelsea will be too strong for Sunderland. Sunderland were rather poor away to Swansea and before that they lose the big local derby. Chelsea have not been at their best either but i think they have too much strength in depth for Sunderland. Chelsea -1 at 15/8 is not a bad bet either i feel. Wolverhampton +1 @ 1/2 I think Spurs will find it very difficult to go to Wolves and win. They got thrashed 5-1 at home to City in the last game and got trounced 3-0 at Old Trafford in their opener. Wolves on the other hand have had an unbelievable start to the season, going to Blackburn and winning 2-1, beating a useful Fulham side 2-0 at home and getting a very creditable draw at Villa Park. Wolves is a tough place to go to and i cant see them being beat with the form Spurs are in. Swansea +2 @ 4/6 If Swansea lose this game i think they may only lose by 1 goal. They had a tough task at City in their opener but played very well in parts, they drew with Wigan at home 0-0 in a game that could have gone either way and they also then drew 0-0 at home to Sunderland on their last game. Yet to score in the premier league but they are up against an Arsenal side who are out of sorts, regardless of the new additions. It will take a while for the new players to get used to the squad. Arsenal have been woeful this season, losing 8-2 at Old Trafford last game, i can see Swansea scoring in this match which makes the +2 very attractive to me. Manchester City -1 @ 8/15 Man City are scoring for fun... And personally i cant see Wigan stopping the rot. Al-Habsi in particular is very clumsy and their defence is no great shakes. They let in a terrible goal to give a point to Norwich in the opening game of the season, Swansea should have scored at least 2 against them after that but couldnt take their chances, City on the other hand are scoring for fun. They beat Swansea 4-0 , travelled to Bolton and scored 3 more winning 3-2, then went to Spurs and battered them 5-1.. Hard to see Wigan holding City and hard to see Wigan scoring. Liverpool +1 @ 2/7 A very short price but to me i think its a nice addition to the accumulator. Liverpool now have a very strong squad. Dalglish is the right man for the club and the players play with passion for him. They had a shaky start when they could only manage a 1-1 draw with Sunderland at Anfield but after that has been very positive, going to Arsenal winning 2-0 followed by a very dominant impressive 3-1 win at home to Bolton. Stoke are a very dogged team but i cant see Liverpool losing here. Manchester United WIN @ 4/9 Bolton have leaked a lot of goals so far this season and it may continue here. Man Utd look very impressive so far this season knocking 8 past Arsenal last time out, they will want to show City that they can go to Bolton and win too and im expecting a comfortable win for United. Newcastle +1 @ 1/2 QPR are very inconsistent, they got hammered 4-0 at home to Bolton , then won at Everton then lost 2-0 at Wigan.... Poor in my opinion.. Newcastle have done ok, they won the derby against Sunderland, drew with Arsenal and had a good win at home to Fulham.. You would have to fancy that Newcastle wont lose this game. £50 accumulator returns over £900 :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Aston Villa +0.5 @ 1.8, 2 units Everton always start terribly and have done again this season. Villa look the better side here and should at least get a draw with Given in net and Everton's lack of firepower having lost Beckford and Arteta. Man Utd -1.0,-1.5 @ 1.975, 1 unit United are looking fantastic this season so far, I'd expect them to win by more than 1. However i'm cautious of De Gea, especially in the face of a physical Bolton side in the air. Just 1 unit here. Man City -2.0 @ 1.925, 2 units and Man City -3.5 @ 4.15, 1 point Can't see beyond a comfortable City win here. While I like and respect Wigan, City are on fire. Nasri and Silva supplying Dzeko and Aguero should provide plenty of goals. Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Fulham Fourfold @ 5.2, 1 point Not providing explanations here, just a set of results I fancy coming in. GL all! :ok

Betting novice here lads, so what do you mean when ye say points and units? Cheers.
:welcome to PL mate points/units are a way of people expressing their confidence behind their picks. Most will show their points out of 10 and gives a better indication than monetary units - £500 is way bigger than I'd ever bet but might be peanuts to the next guy, it doesnt tell others whether I have confidence in the bet :ok If you've any other questions, feel free to search the http://forum.punterslounge.com/f23/ part of the forum and start a new thread if you cant find what you're looking for :ok I've tidied up the thread and moved posts not relating to this weekends Premier fixtures - keep it going folks :clap

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September I always try and wait for the season to settle down for putting my money down. However, the below bet leapt out at me. With a bit of research it seems there is a bit of value to get stuck in to. Wolves v Spurs Both teams to score 1.80 @ Coral Rational: Last 20 home games Wolves have scored in 17 ( 85%) Last 20 home games both teams have scored in 13 (65%) Last 20 away games Spurs have scored in 15 (75%) Last 20 away games both teams have scored in 13 (65%) Anything over 55% offers value long term due to the odds. Wolves have started off well defensively but they have only faced Fulham, Blackburn and Villa. Hardly strikeforces to strike fear into anyone. Even though Spurs are struggling up top, Wolves will find it harder to shut out Adebayor, Defoe, Modric and Bale. Spurs defence has been hit by injuries and with Ekoto and Kaboul, in the back line, Wolves, especially Fletcher and Doyle will fancy their chances. Good luck all Cheers :ok

What about Sunderland Chelsea? No one is mentioning this game. I wrote about it a few posts back... Cut the long story short - I won't be surprised if Sunderland nick a point or even 3 vs. Chelsea - backing them with double chance.
No Gyan for Sunderland, Cech back for Chelsea. Actually think Chelsea may show their class tomorrow. They like playing at Sunderland too, 3-2, 3-1, 4-2 their last three results there.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September m.utd -2 m city -2 dont need lot of explaining this double both have ruthless attacking teams full of confidence right now gunning for the top spot.i know anything can happen in football but i cannot see either of these two not winning comfortably.really no important missings hernandez in for wellbeck.ferdinand not even sure of starting as the reshaped back four have risen to the occasion.vidic still out. scoring for fun.man city,tevez,dzeko,silva,nasri,aguero probably wont all play 90 mins but all playing well.barry doubtfull,richards returnes after injury.both wigan and bolton have performed well,up until now but do not think either will be able to stand up to the big ambitous manchester act. money in the pocket..

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Aston Villa +0.5 @ 1.8 Everton always start terribly and have done again this season. Villa look the better side here and should at least get a draw with Given in net and Everton's lack of firepower having lost Beckford and Arteta, Injured Anichebe. Aston Villa striker Darren Bent also missed international duty with a groin problem but is expected to be fit for the trip to Goodison Park. New signings Jermaine Jenas and Alan Hutton could make their debuts.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Arsenal Starting line-up W. Szczesny B. Sagna P. Mertesacker L. Koscielny K. Gibbs E. Frimpong M. Arteta T. Walcott A. Ramsey A. Arshavin R. van Persie Swansea City Starting line-up M. Vorm A. Rangel S. Caulker A. Williams N. Taylor L. Britton K. Agustien N. Dyer W. Routledge S. Sinclair D. Graham

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Sunderland Starting line-up S. Mignolet P. Bardsley W. Brown T. Bramble K. Richardson L. Cattermole C. Gardner S. Larsson J. Colback N. Bendtner S. Sessegnon Chelsea Starting line-up P. Cech B. Ivanovic David Luiz J. Terry A. Cole J. Mikel Ramires F. Lampard N. Anelka F. Malouda F. Torres

What about Sunderland Chelsea? No one is mentioning this game. I wrote about it a few posts back... Cut the long story short - I won't be surprised if Sunderland nick a point or even 3 vs. Chelsea - backing them with double chance.
Tend to agree.. Chelsea do look more vunerable than in previous seasons (although, the season is still young and not all teams have settled)) The upside is, Chelsea have the class/experience to exploit Sunderland.. Cech, Sturridge, Luiz, Meireles all available (additions) for Chelsea.. Gyan missing for Sunderland but Bendtner could start.. I expect a few goals in this fixture.. Hills are offering EVEN's for over 2 goals which seems value considering previous meeting/stats and current club situations..

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Everton Starting line-up T. Howard P. Neville P. Jagielka S. Distin L. Baines J. Heitinga M. Fellaini L. Osman T. Cahill R. Barkley D. Stracqualursi Aston Villa Starting line-up S. Given A. Hutton R. Dunne J. Collins S. Warnock S. Petrov J. Jenas C. N'Zogbia G. Agbonlahor E. Heskey D. Bent

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Manchester City Starting line-up J. Hart M. Richards V. Kompany J. Lescott G. Clichy Y. Touré G. Barry D. Silva S. Nasri S. Agüero E. Dzeko Wigan Athletic Starting line-up A. Al Habsi E. Boyce G. Caldwell A. López M. Figueroa M. Diamé J. Gómez B. Watson V. Moses S. Maloney H. Rodallega

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Wolverhampton Wanderers Starting line-up W. Hennessey R. Johnson R. Stearman C. Berra S. Ward K. Henry S. Hunt M. Jarvis J. O'Hara K. Doyle S. Fletcher Tottenham Hotspur Starting line-up B. Friedel V. Corluka M. Dawson Y. Kaboul B. Assou-Ekotto S. Parker L. Modric A. Lennon G. Bale J. Defoe E. Adebayor

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Stoke City Starting line-up A. Begovic R. Huth R. Shawcross J. Woodgate M. Wilson G. Whelan D. Whitehead J. Pennant M. Etherington P. Crouch K. Jones Liverpool Starting line-up J. Reina G. Johnson J. Carragher D. Agger José Enrique Lucas C. Adam D. Kuyt S. Downing L. Suarez A. Carroll

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Bolton Wanderers Starting line-up J. Jääskeläinen G. Steinsson G. Cahill Z. Knight P. Robinson N. Reo-Coker F. Muamba C. Eagles M. Petrov I. Klasnic K. Davies Manchester United Starting line-up D. De Gea C. Smalling P. Jones J. Evans P. Evra T. Cleverley Anderson Nani A. Young W. Rooney J. Hernández

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September As a sunderland fan I wouldn't back Sunderland for a draw or win. Agreed Chelsea have not started great but thy have still won. Sunderland have been creating chances but since we lost bent in January we need 5 chances to score 1 goal, we don't have a natural goalscorer in the team. Also we can't defend set pieces to save our lives, and Chelsea are know for being a big physical side so even if they don't play well they will still get chances from set pieces. This is just my opinion but I think it's an easy Chelsea win.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Wolves vs Tottenham Wolves is looking good these days, never seen them before in this manner and the fact that they got saved from relegation once again boosted their morale. Tottenham is a wounded animal, like also manager of Wolves said and I expect from them to bite here. Redknapp is a great manager and would be a pity to continue with these bad results. I expect at least one point from Tottenham, but my bet is for an away win, mainly! away 0 AH @ 1.78 with Betsson Bolton vs Manchester United Away side will demonstrate once again that no matter what changes are made in England they will be the main team and the best team. Sir Alex is an excellent motivator and will put in place another winning team that will offer again a good show to the audience. United have managed always to have good start of the seasons and here there will be no exception. away -1 AH @ 1.82 with >10Bet

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Stoke vs Liverpool Pick: Draw Probable starting eleven: Stoke: Begovic, Huth, Woodgate, Shawcross, Wilson, Pennant, Delap, Palacios, Etherington, Walters, Crouch Liverpool: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Adam, Lucas, Downing, Kuyt, Luis Suarez Liverpool started the season very good, with two victories over Arsenal (2:0) and Bolton (3:1) and one draw with Sunderland (1:1). It is clear manager Dalglish will try to continue with good results, but it won't be easy against Stoke, specially at Britannia Stadium. Stoke is unbeaten in the first three rounds, having one victory and two draws. Here are the opponents and the results: 28.08. West Bromwich - Stoke 0:1 21.08. Norwich - Stoke 1:1 14.08. Stoke - Chelsea 0:0 Stoke manager Tony Pulis has no important missing players. Even more, he has a sweet problem about the attacking duo. He already had Jonathan Walters and Kenwyne Jones, but the new acquisition Peter Crouch is also candidate for the place in starting eleven. Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish will be without Martin Kelly, Glen Johnson and Steven Gerrard. The last two are expected to be ready very soon, probably the next week, but this match come too early for both of them. I think Stoke is able to stay unbeaten at home against any team. In the first round they played 0:0 with Chelsea. They are playing very strong at home. Even more, Stoke is unbeaten in all official matches (seven) they have played this season and have conceded just one goal. Stoke also played against Hajduk Split and Thun in qualifying for the Europa League group stages. At the end I will mention that Stoke have a positive home record against Liverpool in the last three seasons (since their return to the Premier league). Here are the results: 13.11.2010. Stoke - Liverpool 2:0 16.01.2010. Stoke - Liverpool 1:1 10.01.2009. Stoke - Liverpool 0:0 I expect another draw.