** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September

Spooner

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Every team has good and bad days, not just Wigan. Just an example off the top of my head, Blackburn lost 7-1 at United but drew 0-0 at Arsenal last season. They also can get a gritty 0-0 against the top sides or get smashed, just like any bottom half team in the Premiership. I think you need to look at the scenarios at the time of the match, how was the state of the team, what's going on behind the scenes etc. It's alright looking at the scoreline and forming an opinion but for this season I'm going to be reading/watching alot of match reviews/highlights before making any punts rather than just going at it because the stats look good.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September

Does somebody know why the price for overs - Evens (PaddyPower) in the match between Wolves vs Tottenham is so high compared to the other matches in the Premier League??? Last two times when they met 06/03/2011 Wolverhampton 3-3 Tottenham 18/09/2010 Tottenham 3-1 Wolverhampton What do u guys think???
Because our strikers cant hit a barn door + VDV is out :unsure

Will Adebayor make his debut though? :unsure
I expect him to make his debut as will Parker I guess our line-up would be: Friedel, Assou-Ekotto, Dawson, Kaboul, Corluka, Bale, Parker, Modric, Lennon, Adebayor, Defoe Our only real injury concerns are with CB's as usual!

Manchester City v Wigan (Saturday' date= 15:00pm) I'm stating pretty much the obvious here taking a short priced favourite but I'm not just backing them for the fact that they are that, I think they are rightly a short priced favourite. They've shown some real attacking quality in the opening few matches, scoring 12 goals in their opening three matches. They look a more complete side with the additions in the summer and I think defensively too they'll have a good record once the season is done. Wigan failed to net against the top four sides away from home last season and although they kept the scores quite low, they face a tough test to keep City's attacking line up out. It's not just the players they put out, they have a squad of players going forward who are talented, what's key at the moment is that they are all fighting for places, on the bench at Spurs two weeks ago they had Milner, Johnson, Tevez & Ballotelli with Nasri, Silva, Aguero & Dzeko already on, that's quite impressive. Wigan scraped to safety last season and it's a side that are undefeated as of yet but the key here is that they've played the 3 promoted teams, two of them being at home. On the opening day they finished 1-1 with Norwich, their manager openly admitted that they did not play that well and would need to improve, they then went to Swansea where they played out a 0-0, they'll feel it was a game they could of won with the missed penalty but Swansea has the better of it for long spells and they could of been behind by that time. They did win 2-0 over QPR in their last game but the visitors struck the woodwork three times and it sounds asif again that their wasn't alot to separate the sides. So they've looked pretty much equal to the three promoted sides which pretty means they are likely to struggle. They wouldn't of played a side that possesses quality such as City for a while so if City can start quickly this could be a bit of a shock to the system. This City side won't hold up just yet, they'll face a tough spell at some point but I can see them coming back off the International break in the same mood and beating this Wigan side quite comfortably on home turf. Back Man City -2 (AH) @ 1.98 with Bet365 for a 8/10 stake
Best of luck, but I'd be quite surprised to see City win by three, and kind of fancy Wigan to give 'em a game. They're quite organised and can really dig in, which has been shown the last two seasons in this match. Last season was 1-0 and before that 3-0, but the latter was 0-0 until twenty from the end, and City only opened the scoring due to a goalkeeping howler. I know ''it's a different City'' and everything, but the City sides in those games aren't a million miles away from the current eleven. Also, they were level with Swansea until around the hour mark, and scoring four in the last thirty is more down to ill discipline on the Swans part. Imagine after Spurs, City'll be public bet of the weekend, but it's rarely that straightforward in the Prem.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Hello, I this week I decided to bet on a double Arsenal -1AH,Man City -2 AHcombined odds 3,11@BET365 Normaly I would pick only a single match, but I got broke and need to rebuild my bankroll back as fast as possible :wall Reasoning: Man city is the strongest side with man utd in the league at the moment...they smacked tottenham last match winning by 4 goals...on the other side wigan sold a few usefull and skilled players and they certainly belong to the weaker sides in premier league. Imo even last season man city could beat this handicap in at least 5/10 matches against wigan. So when I think about it these dayz it shouldnt be a problem with the new signings that man city made in the start of the season + NASRI who is a big boost! Of course anything can happen but imo man city would cover the -2AH in this match in 7/10 times and therefore I see value in this bet :ok Arsenal got into deep shit this season and they need to recover after the devastating beat by man utd. They must feel really bad and they know they need to start playing their game or they r screwed. They bought 5 new players since last game (Mikel Arteta, Yossi Benayoun, Andre Santos, Park Chu-young,Per Mertesacker) so this is their full strength squad for the season...and they need to start wininning and against who should they start winning, if not against the newly promoted and therefore one of the weakest teams in PL. I am not sure about the quality of the new signings but I am sure arsene wouldnt buy crappy players and if they only manage to get a few balls to RvP it should be enough in this match. But this one wont be an easy one for arsenal for sure.....gotta keep in mind that swansea wants to win as bad as arsenal and that arsenal needs the new players to fit in...thats why i am going for the AH here! ANYWAY GL and I would LOVE some feedback :ok

Will Adebayor make his debut though? :unsure
Yes, I expect Adebayor to start as he's not injured and Harry will be desperate to get him playing I reckon, what with Spurs' strikers not doing well for some time. Adebayor always starts off well for teams (he scored on his debuts for Arsenal, City and Real Madrid) so I'll be backing him each-way to score first goal. Adebayor to to score first (each way): 6/1 with Ladbrokes.

Yes, I expect Adebayor to start as he's not injured and Harry will be desperate to get him playing I reckon, what with Spurs' strikers not doing well for some time. Adebayor always starts off well for teams (he scored on his debuts for Arsenal, City and Real Madrid) so I'll be backing him each-way to score first goal. Adebayor to to score first (each way): 6/1 with Ladbrokes.
I'm still waiting for Bet365 to get the odds up on this! Even Mido got a brace on his debut for us :rollin VDV got a debut goal last year too i believe

Every team has good and bad days, not just Wigan. Just an example off the top of my head, Blackburn lost 7-1 at United but drew 0-0 at Arsenal last season. They also can get a gritty 0-0 against the top sides or get smashed, just like any bottom half team in the Premiership. I think you need to look at the scenarios at the time of the match, how was the state of the team, what's going on behind the scenes etc. It's alright looking at the scoreline and forming an opinion but for this season I'm going to be reading/watching alot of match reviews/highlights before making any punts rather than just going at it because the stats look good.
yes I agree but I just can't see Wigan frustrate Man City here. I watched all City games this season and they not only scored 12 premier league goals this season; they created plenty more chances and their movement was superb at times. And they played Bolton and Spurs away, which in my opinion are better teams, and looked better and better in these games.

Hello, I this week I decided to bet on a double Arsenal -1AH,Man City -2 AHcombined odds 3,11@BET365 Normaly I would pick only a single match, but I got broke and need to rebuild my bankroll back as fast as possible :wall Reasoning: Man city is the strongest side with man utd in the league at the moment...they smacked tottenham last match winning by 4 goals...on the other side wigan sold a few usefull and skilled players and they certainly belong to the weaker sides in premier league. Imo even last season man city could beat this handicap in at least 5/10 matches against wigan. So when I think about it these dayz it shouldnt be a problem with the new signings that man city made in the start of the season + NASRI who is a big boost! Of course anything can happen but imo man city would cover the -2AH in this match in 7/10 times and therefore I see value in this bet :ok Arsenal got into deep shit this season and they need to recover after the devastating beat by man utd. They must feel really bad and they know they need to start playing their game or they r screwed. They bought 5 new players since last game (Mikel Arteta, Yossi Benayoun, Andre Santos, Park Chu-young,Per Mertesacker) so this is their full strength squad for the season...and they need to start wininning and against who should they start winning, if not against the newly promoted and therefore one of the weakest teams in PL. I am not sure about the quality of the new signings but I am sure arsene wouldnt buy crappy players and if they only manage to get a few balls to RvP it should be enough in this match. But this one wont be an easy one for arsenal for sure.....gotta keep in mind that swansea wants to win as bad as arsenal and that arsenal needs the new players to fit in...thats why i am going for the AH here! ANYWAY GL and I would LOVE some feedback :ok
It's a mug bet of the highest order. That's my opinion anyway, it's a double for starters which brings it's own problems but also after an international weekend, both are playing CL matches next week, and Arsenal are in poor form. You need Arsenal to win by 2 clear goals and City by 3 to win!? Sounds like you are just trying to chase losses, I would save your money for something you really fancy. GL if you do play it..

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Bolton - Man United : United -2 Corner (1,80) Bet365 Bolton have in their 3 matches received 15 corners. Opponents, however, bring up the statistics coz they got 23 corners against Bolton. Manchester United have been dominating there games on the corner front. Status after 3 matches are 19 corners and 14 for opponents. Last time United visitet Reebok stadium, the match ended 2-2, after Bolton were in front for 2 laps. But it was United who put up whit most offensive pressure and got 12 corners against Bolton 7. Bolton are whitout. Tyrone Mears, Marcos Alonso, Lee Chung-Yong and Sean Davis. None of them would be in the starting line up, if fit. United are whitout. Nemanja Vidic, Rafael, Antonio Valencia and Danny Welbeck. Only Vidic would be in the starting line up, if fit. :hope

Any examples of this mate?
Man City 1 - 0 Wigan Athletic 05/03/11. If Anyone remembers this game Wigan outplayed City throughout breaking them down and being strong defensively however an Al-Habsi mistake cost them the game. Liverpool 1 - 1 Wigan Athletic 12/02/11. Before anyone says anything yes Dalglish was In charge Chelsea 1 - 0 Wigan Athletic 09/04/11. Could of went either way from what I remember Everton 0 - 0 Wigan Athletic 11/12/10 Man Utd 2 - 0 Wigan Athletic 20/11/10. Took two late goals from what I can remember Add the 1-0 away win at spurs and the latics are actually doing well against the top sides away from home to be fair to them. Dont know where you lot are getting the image they leak goals, that was in the past. Im not saying that Wigan are going to win this game or gain a draw, I am just saying be careful with your -2 bets boys. Also I think its about time everytime took them seriously as a Premiership side considering they've been in the top league for what 7 seasons now? Also Roberto Martinez is a great manager and does not get the credit he deserves. Also add that Wigan are actually undefeated since April defeating decent sides in the process like a 1-0 win at Stoke and a pre season victory over Villarreal

It's a mug bet of the highest order. That's my opinion anyway, it's a double for starters which brings it's own problems but also after an international weekend, both are playing CL matches next week, and Arsenal are in poor form. You need Arsenal to win by 2 clear goals and City by 3 to win!? Sounds like you are just trying to chase losses, I would save your money for something you really fancy. GL if you do play it..
Thanks for the advice...i guess you r right...didnt place the bet yet still w8ing to read more opinions and interesting posts....but that -2AH man city bet which evens is really tempting I guess I will go for it...what do you think??? Man city is the much better team here + HOME advantage is a huge factor for city imo ;)

Man City 1 - 0 Wigan Athletic 05/03/11. If Anyone remembers this game Wigan outplayed City throughout breaking them down and being strong defensively however an Al-Habsi mistake cost them the game. Liverpool 1 - 1 Wigan Athletic 12/02/11. Before anyone says anything yes Dalglish was In charge Chelsea 1 - 0 Wigan Athletic 09/04/11. Could of went either way from what I remember Everton 0 - 0 Wigan Athletic 11/12/10 Man Utd 2 - 0 Wigan Athletic 20/11/10. Took two late goals from what I can remember Add the 1-0 away win at spurs and the latics are actually doing well against the top sides away from home to be fair to them. Dont know where you lot are getting the image they leak goals, that was in the past. Im not saying that Wigan are going to win this game or gain a draw, I am just saying be careful with your -2 bets boys. Also I think its about time everytime took them seriously as a Premiership side considering they've been in the top league for what 7 seasons now? Also Roberto Martinez is a great manager and does not get the credit he deserves. Also add that Wigan are actually undefeated since April defeating decent sides in the process like a 1-0 win at Stoke and a pre season victory over Villarreal
lol i was all over man city and now i am seriously in doubt weather to bet on them or not :cry

What because you've just seen some scores where they've done well? Wigan have also suffered some heavy defeats in recent years, some of the highest defeats in premiership history in terms of goals past them. Like I said before I think it'll pay more to look at the teams right now, City are on top of their game and technically should improve given it's only early season, they are streets ahead of a side such as Wigan and I don't mean to disrespect them, it's just a case of one club has alot more money than the other. I do admire people who try to find positives for underdogs and on occasions I do it myself but I just feel that your gambling on City missing a bundle of chances because they will create. Taking on favourites that are in form is a dangerous policy.

What because you've just seen some scores where they've done well? Wigan have also suffered some heavy defeats in recent years' date=' some of the highest defeats in premiership history in terms of goals past them. Like I said before I think it'll pay more to look at the teams right now, City are on top of their game and technically should improve given it's only early season, they are streets ahead of a side such as Wigan and I don't mean to disrespect them, it's just a case of one club has alot more money than the other. I do admire people who try to find positives for underdogs and on occasions I do it myself but I just feel that your gambling on City missing a bundle of chances because they will create. Taking on favourites that are in form is a dangerous policy.[/quote'] I think they'll win, their home record is superb, and they have started the season in better form than anyone expected. The factors to consider are as I put above, the fact that most of their team played Internationals during the week, 2 matches most of them, and they will probably be tired. Not expecting Aguero to start I think Tevez will though as he wasn't picked for Argentina. Mancini will be very aware of the need to rotate the squad during the season even at this early stage. The squad strength is now so strong though that such rotations can easily be absorbed, I don't think this was the case last season. Wigan aren't going to finish higher than 15th this season but are punching above their weight here anyway given their fanbase. They have started well but have played poor sides, it would be madness to call anything other than a City win, I think we would all agree on that. 1.18 is obviously no price, but is to be expected. I'm not sure given the circumstances I would want to sit there watching the game knowing I need City to win by three to make a decent profit. I would personally City on a second half -1.0AH at 1.79 at 10bet, it wouldn't surprise me to see this one go 0-0 at HT but even if it's 1-0 or 2-0 Wigan will have to come out and play at some point if they are losing, and City will easily pick them off. Remember, it's hard to break a team down if they stick 10 men behind the ball, it might take a bit of time..

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September If City can come out and take an early lead they could run riot.Am i right in saying Nasri is out?If so that's a loss for City but have they got others to take his place?They have the strongest squad in the league.The attacking options they have are unreal,add to that a very strong defence.Wigan have got good results at times but you could say that about any team in any league.City to win here by at the very least a couple of goals I reckon.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Arsenal v Swansea I fancy Arsenal to win this quite comfortably but can't trust them enough to back them on a handicap given the way they have started the season. This should be a good game, both sides like to play football so I expect it to be fairly open and chances created at both ends. After Arsenal conceded 8 at Old Trafford, Swansea will feel confident they can score here and Arsenal no matter what kind of form they are in always look like they will score, especially at the Emirates. Over 2.5 goals therefore looks a solid bet. Selection: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.67 with Bet365 - 3 units Everton v Aston Villa Really suprised at the Evertons price here, am I missing something? After an opening day defeat against QPR they were very fortunate to win at Ewood Park with Blackburn missing two penalties. They also had a deflating end to the Transfer Window, losing arguably their best player and not bringing in a striker where they look particularly weak. Villa so far look solid, if unspectacular, drawing twice and winnig one. McLeish will make them hard to beat this season and I can see them coming away from Goodison with something and the odds look quite appealing. Selection: Ason Villa +0.5 @ 1.875 with Bet365 - 5 units

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Manchester City vs Wigan Manchester City have started this season on fire, Scoring 3 or more in all 3 EPL matches this season, They have spent well and looking good in all areas of the pitch. Wigan have 5 points on the board from the first 3 matches in the EPL this season but they have played 3 newly promoted teams (Swansea, Qpr and Norwich), drawing 2 and winning 1. Doesn't really need much reasoning but I expect Manchester City to hand out a lesson to wigan here and I am fully confident in City scoring atleast 3 in this one. Manchester City to score 3 or more @ 1.83 (Bet365).

lol i was all over man city and now i am seriously in doubt weather to bet on them or not :cry
I think people find stats to match their thoughts and disregard the rest. There was no mention of the following Wigan results in the past 2 seasons: Man utd 4-0 Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea 6-0 Blackpool 4-0 Chelsea 8-0 City 3-0 Bolton 4-0 Spurs 3-0 Spurs 9-1 Portsmouth 4-0 Arsenal 4-0 Man utd 5-0 Its quite clear that while they can get the occasional good result (i.e. Drawing or only losing by 1) against the top teams, they have been prone to take a pasting more often. With City's current form I can see another hiding this weekend!

I think people find stats to match their thoughts and disregard the rest. There was no mention of the following Wigan results in the past 2 seasons: Man utd 4-0 Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea 6-0 Blackpool 4-0 Chelsea 8-0 City 3-0 Bolton 4-0 Spurs 3-0 Spurs 9-1 Portsmouth 4-0 Arsenal 4-0 Man utd 5-0 Its quite clear that while they can get the occasional good result (i.e. Drawing or only losing by 1) against the top teams, they have been prone to take a pasting more often. With City's current form I can see another hiding this weekend!
Superb stats, backs up what Spooner was saying earlier. Like most I fancy City to give them a fair hiding, and that's based on current form rather then stats. I think the only way Wigan can stay in the game, is if City miss tonne of chances..... and based on what we've recently seen, I'd rather side with them scoring the opportunites. Also, who cares if Nasri is out? he's been there for one game, him dropping out of the team won't affect much yet. That doesn't mean he isn't a superb player, but the team clearly wasn't built around him, they don't rely on him just yet (and probably never will considering the squads depth :unsure). Man City (-2.0) v Wigan Athletic @ 2.40 Sportsbet :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Two more bets for me. Manchester United v Bolton – Over 2.5 @ 1.71 Sportsbet Man United have started the season very well and are in cracking form at the moment. They are scoring plenty of goals against their opponents and winning in an impressive way. They aren’t just relying on any one player to bag the goals, they’ve got people chipping in all over the place. The Rooney and Ashley Young combination looks fantastic so far, and I feel they’ll have enough creativity amongst themselves and others to open up the Bolton Defence. As for Bolton, well they haven’t started the season too badly. They’ve managed to grab their fair share of goals and don’t seem to be struggling to find the net. I think Man United will be a very hard prospect, but I think they have enough in them to push forward in front of the home fans and try make something happen. Klasnic is in a good run of form, while Davies is always a moderate threat. I also believe they picked up N’gog from Liverpool? But that won’t encourage me too much, I can’t say I rate him very highly. An early goal is what I’m looking for in this fixture, if it comes from United then Bolton will have nothing to lose, they’ll chase the game and things will open up. Man United have already shown how quick and potent they are on the counter attack this season. Wolves v Tottenham – Over 2.5 @ 1.91 Sportsbet Not too much reasoning here. I just think that Wolves have proven themselves as a side capable of scoring goals, and winning games at home. They’ll give Spurs a hell of a game and really look to get the 3 points. I think Jarvis is a doubt? But if he plays he’ll certainly provide his usual threat. O’Hara may also be up for a big game, after spending all those years at Spurs and never really living up to the expected heights. Spurs have lost VDV to injury and may be struggling to score at the moment, but I refuse to buy into it too much. You just need to take one look at the players they have across the park, plus the introduction of Adebayor, and I feel it will only be a matter of time before they start firing again. Defoe hasn’t looked to bad IMO, and he’ll definitely be looking to get off the mark in this one. Overall I can see it as a tad risky, considering Spurs form – which would be stupid to ignore, but the odds are quite tasty and I think Spurs are more then capable of turning things around and least putting 1 away. I’m leaning towards a 2-1 victory for wolves, but I’ll stick with the overs.

Bolton - Man United : United -2 Corner (1' date=80) Bet365 United are whitout. Nemanja Vidic, Rafael, Antonio Valencia and Danny Welbeck. Only Vidic would be in the starting line up, if fit.
Not true. Rafael is Uniteds first choice RB. Granted Smalling is doing well and it may take some wrestling to get his place in the first team back but I think if Fergie had to choose between the two he would go for Rafael. Same with Valencia, Young is definitely out the left at the minute but the right side is up for grabs. Welbeck would 100% be starting if he was fit, he only lost his place to injury so to say Vidic is the only one who would start if he was fit, sorry mate I just don't agree. Not to go off topic on this thread and start an argument I just wanted to reply.

Not true. Rafael is Uniteds first choice RB. Granted Smalling is doing well and it may take some wrestling to get his place in the first team back but I think if Fergie had to choose between the two he would go for Rafael. Same with Valencia, Young is definitely out the left at the minute but the right side is up for grabs. Welbeck would 100% be starting if he was fit, he only lost his place to injury so to say Vidic is the only one who would start if he was fit, sorry mate I just don't agree. Not to go off topic on this thread and start an argument I just wanted to reply.
No problem.. Cheers mate :cigar

Hello, I this week I decided to bet on a double Arsenal -1AH,Man City -2 AHcombined odds 3,11@BET365 Normaly I would pick only a single match, but I got broke and need to rebuild my bankroll back as fast as possible :wall Reasoning: Man city is the strongest side with man utd in the league at the moment...they smacked tottenham last match winning by 4 goals...on the other side wigan sold a few usefull and skilled players and they certainly belong to the weaker sides in premier league. Imo even last season man city could beat this handicap in at least 5/10 matches against wigan. So when I think about it these dayz it shouldnt be a problem with the new signings that man city made in the start of the season + NASRI who is a big boost! Of course anything can happen but imo man city would cover the -2AH in this match in 7/10 times and therefore I see value in this bet :ok Arsenal got into deep shit this season and they need to recover after the devastating beat by man utd. They must feel really bad and they know they need to start playing their game or they r screwed. They bought 5 new players since last game (Mikel Arteta, Yossi Benayoun, Andre Santos, Park Chu-young,Per Mertesacker) so this is their full strength squad for the season...and they need to start wininning and against who should they start winning, if not against the newly promoted and therefore one of the weakest teams in PL. I am not sure about the quality of the new signings but I am sure arsene wouldnt buy crappy players and if they only manage to get a few balls to RvP it should be enough in this match. But this one wont be an easy one for arsenal for sure.....gotta keep in mind that swansea wants to win as bad as arsenal and that arsenal needs the new players to fit in...thats why i am going for the AH here! ANYWAY GL and I would LOVE some feedback :ok
just a word of warning mate.....arsenal are still missing, vermalen, song, diaby, wilshire, jenkinson is out with suspension, rosicky has come back injured and is a doubt, santos is not match fit and will not be in the squad. gervinho is suspended and squillaci is injured also. i think we shall still win but still a long way from full strength as u would imagine 5 of those would be in our strongest 11. half team missing i see a 1 goal winning margin. good luck with your bet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Wolves v Spurs Wolves DNB @ 2.10 BET365 I've seen all the four previous meetings over the past 2 seasons. Most recent first : Wolves v Spurs 3-3 A game wolves should have and deserved to win. The ref bottled it when only booking (hutton i think) when it was a clear red card. Wolves were ahead at this point and shortly after Defoe struck a wonder goal which he then went on to do again along with Pav'. Basically, Spurs were poor but always had a threat and their 3 goals were wonder strikes, that along with the bad ref decision resulted in a undeserved point for spurs. Spurs 3-1 Wolves Again, a decent battling performance from wolves. However, it was during our period of conceding late goals. 1-0 up with 10-15 min go and a individual error from our left back let spurs back in. A point would have been a fair result. Wolves 1-0 spurs Night match this one and spurs just didn't turn up. We outplayed them, but it was more of a defensive display. Spurs showed little intent and besides a final 10min edgy period, wolves were comfortable. Spurs 0-1 Wolves An early Milijas goal (3 min i think) and 90min of defending saw off spurs. Again, they didn't turn up first half and were laboured 2nd half. A draw wouldn't have been undeserved for spurs but they didn't do enough to deserve 3 points. On to this weekends match. I was going to leave this game alone for the following reasons : Wolves always struggle after the international breaks Spurs will be desperate to get some points on the board Adebayor and Parker signings However, when i consider the trend in all the previous four meetings and most importantly, wolves dominance and good displays in all fixtures, i don't think it can be ignored. Yes, spurs are considerably better than us, and have some great talent but i'm not sure everything is rosy with them. Is Modric's heart in it? for eg. Adebayor (if he starts) has got an attitude problem defoe abit disgruntled at lack of opportunities even when being their most natural goalscorer. Pav' similar to defoe, often does well off the bench but not given regular chance. Also, It's difficult to criticise Redknapp after last seasons champs league and even qualifying for it. But i don't really rate him that highly. He seems to thrive on new challenges and like to keep a club/team evolving. I get the feeling he's stagnating at spurs now. they've never been much good away from home and although they have a decent chance to win on sat, they could just as likely concede 3. Given we have looked solid at the back with Johnson and Ward at left back and Berra at cb have progressed significantly, we may have enough to keep spurs out or down to 1. Also, O'Hara plays spurs for the first time and i'm sure he'll be up for it. I think it'll be an open(ish) game except for wolves doubling up on Bale.It's down to who takes their chances. But i think wolves will be more organised than spurs and with Fletcher and Doyle in great form, especially fletcher with his goals, i think we have enough to hurt spurs on more than one occasion, as long as luck isn't against us. Friedel will be tested. All things considered, and seeing no reason why the trend of the past 4 games wont continue, no matter the difference on paper between the sides, wolves dnb @ 2.10

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 10-12 September Fulham vs Blackburn Time for Fulham to get the first win of the season, but not in normal Craven Cottage fashion Over the last few seasons Craven Cottage to us has been a fortress. Our away form has picked up of late however we do our main damage on the table with consistent home performances. If this game was later in the season I would be confident in predicting Fulham to win -1 or even -2. Our record is a bit iffy against Blackburn and I can remember witnessing a few shockers against Blackburn and 3-4 Blockbuster at Loftus Road. However last season we beat them 3-2 in a tricky game and got a feeling this one wont be easy to. So as I said if this game was later in the season I would put a lot of confidence in a comfortable Fulham win. But the season is still very young and we are yet to win at home. The villa game seemed a dull affair but we probably had the better of the performances and if it wasn't for a heroic Given we probably should of got up 1 or 2 nil. Fulham have been very popular in the betting and I have seen the odds at 1.83 to 1.72 and now 1.66 (b365). Probably not the best value for a team still looking for their first win of the season and few more goals to come with it. I do believe Fulham will win however Blackburn are in all sorts of trouble and in their eyes this is a game where they are going to be looking to get something to. Fulham have always struggled away to these robust Blackburn type of sides however on our home pitch our pace and creativity is enough to get over the muscular obstacle these teams put up against us. I feel Blackburn will stumble again because of our creative, wide and pacey play but will put up a stern test. With them making it hard for us to break them down I think Fulham will go through waves of pressure resulting in the home corners tallying up. So to conclude here, I wouldn't rush in to the Fulham win at this price and would be careful on taking us on any handicaps because we are still finding our feet this season. Going to have a few new faces in the team so they could get off to a flyer or maybe take time to get settled. Blackburn will make this tough and I will be surprised to see them role over. But we will dominate possession and the value bets here would be. Fulham by 1 3.75 Fulham by 2 4.50 Fulham team Corners over 6.5 @ 1.72 looks better than the Fulham win @ 1.66. Good value in the overs here. We will want to be bagging a few but Blackburn could possibly grab one or two themselves. There has been recent history of high scoring games at home to Blackburn. Over 2.5 goals 2.00 over 3.5 goals 3.50 Last week I missed out on the 4.00 on Newcastle by 1 which i recomended so I will be getting on the corners bet with 7/10 stakes. Good luck:hope COYW FTID