** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker: Shanghai Masters

kevshat

Bit late putting this thread up which I apologise for. Been a ridiculously hectic weekend. The second major ranking event of the season begins on Monday as Ali Carter flies in to defend his Shanghai Masters title. Usual format for this event. A day of wildcards and a tournament played out as per the draw with best of 9's up to the semis which are best of 11's and the final is a best of 19 frame affair. All the event proper is covered on Eurosport so should be a good week of snooker. Fire away peeps :ok.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Should be another good event and I'm taking 2 outrights, both would be massive shocks but I just cannot be confident on the front runners. S.Lee to win Shanghai Masters, 0.75pts EW @ 50/1 Coral (1/2 odds 1-2) S.Lee to win Quarter 3, 1pt Win @ 8/1 Skybet I like the big lad here. For me, he's still a really talented player and can mix it with the big boys and I don't mind his draw. His likely run to winning the quarter in Matthew Stevens, Ding & Mark Williams, not easy by anyone's standards but all 3 are beatable. Reached the quarters last time he was in these parts so doesn't mind the travelling and that event included a win over Williams. His recent form in the PTC's has been excellent. He's reached the last 8 of the last 2 events, beating the likes of Ricky Walden, Mark Allen, Stephen Maguire and Ding for the loss of only 4 frames in those 4 matches. With early season form still a major factor in these events and upsets not uncommon, I'll take Lee to go deep into this event. F.O'Brien to win Shanghai Masters, 0.25pts EW @ 125/1 Bet365 (1/2 odds 1-2) F.O'Brien to win Quarter 1, 1pt Win @ 16/1 Skybet The modern day grinder, Fergal O'Brien ain't an obvious choice but he has a shot here and, with an outsider always going well at this event, I feel Fergal could be the one. Quarter 1, with the exception of Ronnie, is full of out of form sorts and O'Brien has the best recent form of any. Ronnie, meanwhile, is always one to take on as we just can't be sure whether he'll turn up or whether he's fully focused on his game. Fergal's likely route to the semis would be Vafaei, Ebdon, Carter, Ronnie. I know nothing of his wildcard opponent and the next 2 are out of form so definitely beatable to a player that won't make chances easy. Since qualifying for this by destroying Walden 5-1, he's reached the semis of one PTC and the quarters of another. En route, he's taken out both Carter and O'Sullivan, likely opponents if he's to progress, as well as other another top 16 player in Ding. It's just as likely Fergal goes out in Round 1 but at a 3 figure price, I'll take a small chance he'll do well this week.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Good luck with those mate. Especially the latter ;). Two outrights for me. 1.5pts ew M.Williams to win Shanghai Masters 10/1 Stan James (1/2 1,2) Mark Williams almost won the opening major of the season when he lost from 3 up with 4 to play to Stuart Bingham in the final in Australia in July. Since then he's gone well in a Premier League event and fair in a couple of the PTCs. In the Premier League he looked really good opening up with a big ton and finishing off with another one and when he's scoring well he's a devil to beat because he's so good tactically and can pot his way out of trouble when the need arises too. He also puts pressure on the opposition's safety game because his long potting is so good. He doesn't have too bad a draw here either with Higginson and Hendry his likely opening opponents. Ding is a potential quarter final opponent which wouldn't be ideal because it's in China but there's no reason why Williams can't win that. His consistency in the majors at the minute is very strong and at 10/1 he looks a good price this week. 0.5pts ew F.O'Brien to win Shanghai Masters 125/1 Skybet (1/2 1,2) 1pt F.O'Brien to win Quarter 1 16/1 Skybet Can't really add a lot to what Russ has said above really. Fergal arrives in excellent form and having seen a three figure price make every final in this event so far it's possibly a good event to go with the Dubliner. O'Brien has beaten Carter and O'Sullivan this season which is good because both are in his quarter but it's a quarter I feel he can come through and then I'll take my chances with him against anyone in the 2nd quarter in the semi finals. Given how well Fergal's performed this season I think he's worthy of a betting interest in Shanghai this week.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Just the one bet for me in the wildcard round on Monday. 3pts L.Hang to beat A.Hamilton 2/1 Stan James After his exploits in the China Open earlier in the year where he beat Graeme Dott and Ken Doherty on his way to losing in the last 16 in a deciding frame to Shaun Murphy, Li Hang looks a good bet here. If he reproduces that here then he could well have way too much for a struggling Anthony Hamilton who is yet to win a match in the PTC events and who has been struggling for fitness at the beginning of this season. Hamilton did beat McManus and Doherty to make it here but he's definitely going to be forced to up his game now he's here and even when he's fully fit he's dogged by inconsistency. There's always usually one shock in these wildcard rounds out in China such is the talent their up and coming players have and for me the best chance and the best value lies with Li Hang so I'll take a small bet on him in this one.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters First snooker bet of the season for me. :hope 2pts - T Thirapongpaiboon to beat N Bond @ 3.3 with Betfair There were no wildcard winners this morning, but it would be unusual for this round to pass without at least one qualifier biting the dust and I think Bond could be most at risk this afternoon. Thanawat played on the full tour last season and that experience will be invaluable to him here. Despite being just 16 when he turned pro, he showed glimpses of real promise, including hitting a 147 in EPTC 3 and beating Bond on the two occasions that they played, including a 5-1 victory in the qualifying stages of this tournament last year. He also comes into this year's tournament as the newly crowned World Under 21 champion, so he won't be short on confidence. Bond is still favourite to win here, and he's had a steady if unspectacular start to the season, reaching the last 32 of PTC1 and the Australian Open, but I think Thanawat is a smidge overpriced to pull off the upset.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters That was a pretty embarassing bet :$. Hang only scored a total of 20pts. Hopefully these 4 are better. 5pts F.O'Brien to beat P.Ebdon 11/10 Blue Square Fergal O'Brien comes here in decent form unlike Peter Ebdon's who's only win this season was over an amateur in the Wuxi Classic. Since then he's lost in the first round of all the PTC's and he lost in the opening round in Australia to Rory McLeod which isn't exactly a fantastic form guide. As has been said above Fergal's taken out the likes of O'Sullivan, Carter and Ding in the PTC's and as said himself he's benefitting massively from the extra matches. He's had one more match too having come through one of the wildcard matches here on Monday so that tune up on the tables could just give him a further advantage over an opponent who appears to be coming to the end of his stay amongst the elite in the game. Fergal can only be odds against on reputation alone because form wise he's a solid favourite here. 3pts J.Lisowski to beat J.Cope 7/4 Blue Square Jack Lisowski is one of the up and coming players in the game and I'm sure he'll have been inspired by his flatmate's win in the China Open and run to the world final and he arrives in China in decent nick and with a nice first round draw. Jamie Cope hasn't pulled up any trees for a while and is one I always like to take on in these first round matches. He lost to Tom Ford in Australia and Lisowski's a similar player here who scores heavily so if Cope's game is slightly out he can take advantage. Like O'Brien, Lisowski has played a game on the tables this week and having come through qualifying losing only the one frame in three matches he's in the form needed to win this one. 4pts R.O'Sullivan (-2.5 frames) to beat J.Wattana 5/6 Sportingbet Ronnie O'Sullivan makes a rare overseas appearance in this match and he does it with something to prove to sponsors and fans who have missed him. I think he's got a nice opener. Although the ThaiPhoon won a wildcard match on Monday he needs too many chances to win frames these days and you don't get them consistently enough against Ronnie. Even when Ronnie's on an off day he still looks good in the balls and I expect him to get and to take the required amount of chances to see him win this easily enough. Ronnie comes here off the back of a 147 the other week and if he does decide to put on a show in this match then I don't see Wattana winning 2 frames let alone more than 2. 5-2 Ronnie is good for us so I'll hit that. 4pts M.Selby (-2.5 frames) to beat N.Bond Evs Boylesports Mark Selby comes into this week having won the Paul Hunter Classic last weekend where he beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the semi final so he's clearly playing well. He won the Wuxi Classic in China earlier in the season so we know he plays well out in the Chinese climate and I expect him to play well here. I saw some of Nigel Bond's wildcard round match and I didn't think he played particularly well so assuming Selby brings his current form to the table I think Bond will have to improve massively to take 3 frames off the Jester in this one. I don't think that's an odds on chance so I'll take the even money on Selby winning this no worse than 5-2.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters 2 for me tomorrow. F.O'Brien to beat P.Ebdon, 4pts @ 11/10 Blue Square I'm with Kev here. On all known recent form, Fergal would be a very warm favourite. As I've alluded to in my outright write up, he's been playing really well in the PTC's whilst Ebbo has hardly won a match recently. What I do like to is that Fergal looked to be in decent nick today in his 5-1 win over his wildcard opponent. Peter Ebdon normally wins his matches by grinding down his opponent but he's absolutely no chance of that tactic working against the gritty Irishman, this means form is the best guide and Fergal has that one by a long stretch. Odds against is massive so I'll take the outsider to get us off to a flyer. R.Day to beat M.Allen, 3pts @ 6/4 Coral 2 evenly matched players so I'm going with the value in the Welshman here. Whilst Day is nowhere near the player he was a few seasons back, he does have some decent form in this neck of the woods reaching the final 4 years back and also making the semis of a pair of China Opens. The big reason for the bet is that I'm keen to take on the Pistol. He has come out and said he can't wait to get home as he's left the 2 most important things in his life back over here, his wife & daughter. I really don't think his heart is in it and he won't want to be out in China longer than necessary. Add to that the fact he lost in the last 32 in each of the last 2 seasons and I think Ryan Day has a real shot.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Thanawat was a disappointment. Bond certainly didn't play well, but his experience was crucial in the latter stages of the match. With no wildcard winners, it seems that the lower ranked tour players are really starting to benefit from the extra match practise in the Hearn era, which is a great thing for snooker but makes betting on it a bit of a minefield at times. Still don't feel like I'm totally up to speed on the new season yet, so just one for the afternoon for me and I'm with kev on this. 2pts - J Lisowski to beat J Cope @ 2.5 with Betfair In terms of talent, I'd rate these two as equals for the moment, but they're seemingly headed in opposite directions. Cope looks like he'll struggle to hold onto his top 16 place on current form, whilst Lisowski has all the hallmarks of a player on the way up. Jamie has had problems with a medical condition that causes his head and arm to shake when on the shot and, whilst he's now on medication to ease the symptoms, his early season form has been as frustratingly inconsistent as ever. He beat Jack 4-3 in PTC3, despite being 75-0 down in the decider, and that match underlines how little there is between these two right now. With that in mind, anything above evens on either had to be taken here, so I'm happy to side with Lisowksi at around the 6/4 mark.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Slight profit on the day and I'll update P/L when I come back with Wednesday's bets but wanted to get on this one now before the price goes, which I'm sure it will even though it's not until Thursday. 4pts F.O'Brien to beat M.King 11/8 Boylesports Given the form of the two men this season so far I'm surprised Fergal isn't favourite for this match so I'm staggered he's 11/8 and it's a price which just can't remain I don't think. Fair enough King saw off Carter in the opening round but Carter admitted he was terrible in the match unlike O'Brien who knocked in four half centuries in beating Ebdon. Sure he didn't look good in doing it and took a while to beat Ebdon but you can't look good against Ebdon because matches tend to be scrappy against him. In the PTC events King has only made the 3rd round of one of the opening four and has lost to opponents ranked lower than Fergal in all four. Contrast that with the excellent form the Irishman has shown in those same events added to his scoring he's shown this week and I think O'Brien is a wonderful bet to win this match at a price which is so much bigger than I could possible price him up at.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Minor profit for me too with Fergal doing the business but Day going 2 up only to lose 5-2 against the Pistol. I'm siding with 3 tomorrow. A.Higginson (+2.5 frames) to beat M.Williams, 4pts @ 5/6 Betfred I think we'll all agree MJW has done fantastically to rise back up the rankings and establish himself as, probably, the best player in the world at present. However, I think his very capable opponent, Andrew Higginson, is a little bit of value here. It's not been the World No 1's best event, going out in the first round in each of the last 2 seasons. He did reach the final of the Australian Open but has produced nothing since in the PTC's. That's totally contrary to Higgy whose played some decent stuff in the PTC's including a recent 4-3 victory over Judd Trump. This is a big season for Higginson as he should be pushing the top 20 and even top 16 with a couple of good tournament runs. It could be the best time to catch MJW so I take the outsider on the handicap to take at least 3 frames off the hot favourite. G.Dott (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Holt, 5pts @ Evs Blue Square Despite a 1-4 H2H record, Dotty must be a very warm favourite to win here. Michael Holt has slipped right down the world rankings and is a player to oppose when facing a classy opponent. He has already won once here, winning in the wildcard round but he was not convincing in a 5-3 victory over a little known local lad. If he plays like that, I fancy Dott to destroy him. Dott, himself, is in great nick. Missed the Australian Open but has reached a final, a semi and the last 16 in his 3 PTC's so far this term. Those events have included some super wins such as 4-0's over Stephen Lee & Stephen Hendry, 4-1 over Ronnie and 4-2 over Higgins. A repetition of those will be good enough and I'll take the vastly underrated Dott to win no worse than 5-3. S.Lee to beat M.Stevens, 4pts @ 11/10 Blue Square I'm on Lee outright and am having a bit more on him by backing him here against Matt Stevens. Plenty at stake here with a win for Lee potentially sending him back into the top 16 whilst defeat for Stevens could see him slip back out. Stephen Lee has a fantastic cue action and it has shown early this term with back to back runs to the quarters in the PTC's. Wins over Walden, Ding, Maguire & Allen just show what fine nick he's in. Matt Stevens on the other hand is in desperate need of a decent showing. Has beaten a top 32 player since March, despite having 7 cracks of the whip. At this stage of the season, I have to go with the form horse, the one cueing the better and with the most confidence. That is without doubt Stephen Lee so I'll take him here at odds against.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters -1.17pts overall now after two winners and two losers on Tuesday. Two for me for Wednesday, both in the later session. 4pts S.Hendry (-1.5 frames) to beat R.Milkins Evs Blue Square Stephen Hendry has an 8-0 winning record over Robert Milkins in his career so he'll go into this match probably believing he can't lose here and I don't think he will lose. Robert Milkins is good up to a certain level but when he hits the big time he seems to fall to pieces somewhat, as his record against Hendry would suggest. He played well in the wildcard round with some tasty breaks but he will have to overcome the mental demons he seems to have when it comes to playing Hendry. Hendry isn't in great form overall but he still retains his ability and he beat Martin Gould in the first round in Australia and a repeat of that performance will be enough here. Hendry won't have to go looking for his chances here, Milkins often leaves himself open to giving up chances for his opponent and as long as Hendry scores well when the chances come along he'll win this no worse than 5-3. 4pts S.Lee to beat M.Stevens 11/10 Blue Square Completely agree with Russ here and isn't a lot more I can say. The form and confidence levels of these two players are going in different directions and as with the Fergal O'Brien bet on Tuesday I have to take the man in better form here and that's Stephen Lee. He will be massively motivated with a top 16 ranking spot a genuine possibility again should he win this match. He's made back to back quarter finals in the PTC events and if he brings that game to the match table here then I think Stevens has problems. Stevens lost in the opening round to Liang in Australia and lost to Yu Delu in the Wuxi Classic so he's struggling to get past this stage of an event which gives me more confidence to back the big lad in this one.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Unlucky Russ - and kev. Very hard day to call today and I really thought the Stephen Lee bet looked sound in particular. :( Anyways, I'm -4 for the tournament up to now, so I'm going to chance my arm a bit with 2 outsiders for tomorrow. 2pts - J Cope to beat M Selby @ 3.25 with Betfair This is more of a bet against Selby than for Cope, although Jamie has tended to produce his best snooker in China in recent seasons. Selby was just awful for most of his match against against Nigel Bond and, although I can't see him being quite as bad again here, he does have a habit of missing out in ranking tournaments just when it seems the draw is opening up for him. Cope can be frustratingly erratic at times but, whilst I still feel his career has been on a downward curve for some time now, he's still a decent breakbuilder on his day and with this match not being televised he may just relax and take advantage if Selby isn't on his game. 2 pts - M Allen to beat S Murphy @ 2.12 with Betfair Murphy was another who struggled in his opening match and it's fair to say that Dominic Dale handed him the victory as much as Shaun earned it. Mark Allen is still some way off his best form, but by all accounts he looked in decent nick against Ryan Day and scored heavily amongst the balls. Despite his run to the semis in Australia, Murphy has only beaten one top 16 player so far this season (Peter Ebdon in the invitational Wuxi Classic) and has lost to the likes of Nick Jennings, Kyren Wilson, and Michael White in the PTCs. For me, he's another player who hasn't played anywhere near his best for some time now and that's enough for me to side with Allen at slightly odds against.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Awful day for me on Wednesday. Hoping for better from Thursday. -9.17 overall now. 4pts M.Allen to beat S.Murphy 11/10 Skybet I agree with WS here. Two gritty competitors will be doing battle in this one but Mark Allen will be the more confident and in the better form. How Shaun Murphy's still here only Dominic Dale will know because he should've been knocked out in the opening round but Mark Allen is a lot better at finishing the job off. The Ulsterman has his troubles off the table but on it he will always battle hard and scrap for every frame. He wasn't in vintage form against Ryan Day but he played well enough to get the job done and as we've seen in events like the World Championship he tends to get better as the event goes on due to not being the best practicer. Murphy isn't pulling up any trees but I think he can be pushing the Z's on the flight home once Allen puts him out here. 3pts S.Bingham to beat J.Higgins 7/4 Paddy Power Stuart Bingham is playing some lovely snooker at the minute and not only has he won in Australia already this season but he comes in here off the back of a 5-1 win over Judd Trump in a match which Trump didn't play too badly in and knocked in a ton in the frame he did win. Bingham won a frame from needing a snooker but shoved in two tons of his own. I keep waiting for the world champion to spring into good form and I'm still waiting despite a 5-2 win over Mark Davis in the first round. To be fair to Higgins he's never the best overseas and I think this is a real danger match for the Scot. Bingham only trails 4-3 in their head to head but there's no doubt this is the best form Bingham will ever have played Higgins in and I think at 7/4 the recent Aussie Open winner is well worth a bet to make another ranking event quarter final here. 3pts M.Gould to beat M.Stevens 11/10 Skybet Martin Gould showed good fight and determination in coming from 3-0 down to Ding in the opening round to win 5-3 even though Ding let him in a bit. He still scored well and that's crucial for Gould who will be very close to the top 16 if he wins this match. Matthew Stevens saw off Stephen Lee in the first round and put in a few 50 breaks in the process but consistency isn't his strongest suit. Gould leads Stevens 2-0 in their head to head record and the way he's playing, and he said in his press conference he's confident with how he is cueing which is a good sign, I think Gould could take a 3-0 lead in his personal battle with the Welshman. 3pts A.Hamilton (+2.5 frames) to beat R.O'Sullivan Evs Betfred This looks a nice enough handicap for us to get stuck into here. Ronnie O'Sullivan had two centuries in the opening round against James Wattana but he gave the Thai a few chances in the six frames they played too. He might not want to give the 'Sheriff of Pottingham' so many chances because Hamilton has made 4 centuries in the tournament so far already and appears to be scoring as well as he's ever done despite his persistent neck spasm problem. Generally when Hamilton scores well he wins frames in one visit and if Ronnie spurns chances like he did against Wattana I think Hamilton will get the 3 frames we require here. I wouldn't be completely surprised if the Sheriff shows the Rocket who runs this town and sends him home but at worst I think the Nottingham man can claim the 3 frames we require here.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Well, Cope was a let down and Allen lost from 2 up with 3 to play. This tournament hasn't really gone to plan so far. :sad Still, small stakes have kept the damage to a minimum so it's time to see if I can salvage something before Sunday. 2pts - S Murphy to beat M Selby @ 2.34 with Betfair These two have been a nightmare to read so far this week. Selby played like a drain against Nigel Bond before brushing Jamie Cope aside 5-0. The Cope match wasn't televised, but I had an eye on the live scoreboard and Cope certainly had chances in at least 3 of those frames. I still don't see the Jester winning what would be only his second ranking title, so he has to be opposed at odds-on here. Murphy has struggled with his game for at least 12 months now by my reckoning, but he's won from 1-4 and 2-4 down this week and that must have done wonders for his confidence. He also knocked in a 143 break against Mark Allen this afternoon, which won't have done him any harm either. At 11/8 he's a clear value pick for me. 2pts - N Robertson to beat J Higgins @ 2.28 with Betfair I could almost write the same preview again here. Since winning the World Open in 2010, Robertson has struggled to find the game that swept everyone aside at the Crucible a few months earlier. There have been signs of improvement lately though, with a good run to the semi finals of PTC4 and he's looked relatively untroubled in disposing of Liang Wenbo and Michael Holt here. Higgins' form since returning from his suspension was simply breathtaking last season, but he's suffered a hangover so far this season with a last 16 spot at PTC3 his best placing up to now. He didn't look comfortable in his victory over Stuart Bingham today and, whilst that seems like an impressive result on paper, the overall standard of the match wasn't good. Of course, he's still World Champion and one of the toughest players on the circuit, but I'd have this match priced up at closer to evens, so once again I have to side with the value and back Robbo at odds against.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters -21.17 for me now not helped by Allen losing from 4-2 up so I'm pretty much relying on Williams getting me out of this mess but I'm going with 2 for Friday. 5pts A.Hamilton to beat M.King 3/4 Sportingbet Anthony Hamilton came into this tournament in absolutely no form at all but he's been the player of the tournament so far with 5 centuries which could easily have been 6 had Ronnie not conceded prematurely in their final frame and he's also had various half centuries too. Generally when Anthony Hamilton is scoring well he's tough to beat and I like him here because he's bound to get chances against Mark King who needs at least 2 chances to win frames and often plenty more than that too. Mark King has done well to make it this far but he's gutsed it out more than blown players away whereas Hamilton has genuinely outscored Maguire and O'Sullivan. If he continues to score the way he has been doing then I see him winning this quite comfortably and booking himself a semi final spot. 3pts N.Robertson to beat J.Higgins 5/4 Ladbrokes I agree with WS here. Neil Robertson has come through his draw nicely and he does that off the back of a successful semi final run in the PTC last week so Robbo is playing good snooker which is good to see. I'm still not convinced Higgins is playing too well even though he came past a solid opponent in Bingham on Thursday. Higgins hasn't really scored like we know he can and he's another who has fought out his wins rather than sprinting to them. Robertson has only dropped 3 frames in the tournament so far and if he keeps his form up then I think he can win the battle of the last two world champions on Friday.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Awful, awful event so far betting wise. Taking one in the 2nd semi. M.Williams to beat N.Robertson, 6pts @ 4/5 Stan James Williams is in cracking form so far this year and I just can't see anyone, other than possibly Mark Selby, giving him a serious game. 15 frames won this week for the loss of just 1. Brilliant, brilliant snooker and he's now a player that is making centuries too, in fact 2 so far this week after going most of last season without making a single one. Just looks at total ease which is in contrast to Robbo who's largely struggled since winning the World's last year. He does look to be coming back into some semblence of form and this match will be closer than I'd have expected a month or so ago but at a bigger price than I was expecting, I'll take the Welshman to make another final.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Well, Shaun Murphy did me over again, this time by managing to lose from 2 up with 3 to play. :loon Still, at least Robbo ensured my first profit of the tournament, although it still leaves me -7.57 on the event overall. Definitely going to keep snooker stakes low until I get some kind of a handle on Bazza's new age. I was almost tempted to take Robbo again today, but I think Russ is right. He's improving, but there's nothing in his form to suggest he can stop the runaway juggernaut that is Williams this week. 11/8 is tempting, but probably not value on current form. Will have a look later and see if anything appeals about tomorrow's final when the line-up is known, but I might just call a halt and take my loss for the week on the chin.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters

Nothing for me in the final as I'm on Williams at 10/1 for it. Hopefully he gets the job done to rescue a shocker of a tourney for me personally :hope.
Unbelievable mate - another loss from 2 up with 3 to play. Sums this year's tournament up really, it's been a bit of a nightmare all round. :sad

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters I honestly cannot believe it. Great call, all the same Kev although I'm sure that's no consolation. Bloody horrible tournament really, disaster all round but a series of what I would class as freakish results. Personally, I'm well down with a finishing total of -10.8pts.

Re: Snooker: Shanghai Masters Williams :wall:wall. That's twice he's done me in major finals from being well ahead needing one more frame in the last 9 months. He's fast becoming a choker in these finals I think. He never misses balls like that green at 9-8 :\. Despite landing the each way money on Williams I end a difficult week -16.42pts. Hopefully Brazil brings better luck next week.