** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cpo's Horse Racing Thread

cpo

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 2.00 Leicester Andalieb 0.5pt e/w @ SP Bet365 This horse should go off a decent price tomorrow due to the high profile opposition. There are plenty of top stables involved here but the pick of them looks to be the Sir Michael Stoute trained Counsel who is entered up in the Derby. That horse is well drawn but may just need the run which is why I like Andalieb. He made a pleasing debut at Newmarket in behind Farhaan. That day he was slowly and was very green but showed definite signs of ability. The form of the maiden has worked out quite well with Farhaan winning again, Travelling and Vinne Jones both winning next time out on the all weather and Validus romping home in a maiden at Kempton by 6 lengths. Granted most of these were just minor events but the form has help up well for those that have raced again since. Andalieb isn't very well drawn here but the fact he has already raced may just help him. I think we will see a much better showing from this horse today and I like the fact his first race is throwing up plenty of winners. Andalieb should have learnt plenty from his debut and the yard should be bouncing after the win of Dream Ahead at the weekend. Callan, who is booked for the ride is in good form and is top jockey at the course along with Kieron Fallon.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread Keep doing what you're doing mate, we all go through these runs. Happens me a lot. Just got to ride out the storm and be patient - plus don't change what were/are winning methods for you. This game is about long-term gains, not short-term profits, which is why 99% of people lose. Hope it all turns the other way soon. :hope

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 4.00 Leicester Humidor 4pts win @ 7/2 Boylesports Wasn't going to back this as I am going through a bit of a barren spell but I really fancy this horse today. This horse ran an absolute cracker last time out in group 2 company at Goodwood and must have every chance here if repeating that run. Fallon has been booked for the ride and the horse has been dropped 2lbs and pitched into class 4 company.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread Another blank today. The money didn't come for Micky P but he ran a solid enough race to finish 5th. Andalieb ended up going off favourite which I couldn't believe as I took him at 12/1 on my dinner break. Humidor was a non-runner and I see goes in the listed race at Doncaster tomorrow. I won't be backing him tomorrow as I like another in the race. One horse I did watch today who I thought could run a big race next time out is Kames Park. Worth keeping an eye on. Only 3pts lost today so not the end of the world! Some good racing in the next few days so hopefully find a couple of winners. A winner to 2 tomorrow on my birthday would be very nice! If your listening up there......

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 3.10 Doncaster Group Therapy 2pts e/w @ 8/1 Ladbrokes Willing to forgive his run last time out in Ireland. He finished 3rd in this race last year off a 3lb higher mark behind group 1 performer Prohibit and looked back to his best 2 outings ago at Goodwood where he go no luck in running but finished like a train. Spencer booked for the ride who does well for David Barron and he take this race last year on Prohibit and he is the perfect partner for Group Therapy who likes to be held up. Group Therapy is a genuine group performer albeit probably just a little off being a group 1 class horse. Think there is plenty in his favour today and this race will be run to suit. He looks more than capable off a mark of 105 and I expect a big run from this horse.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 4.50 Doncaster Levitate 1pt e/w @ 16/1 William Hill This horse has recently switched stables from Sir Michael Stoute to Alan Maccabe and looks a horse reborn! This horse won on its first start for his new stable at Leicester over 6f in first time cheekpieces. He looked outpaced at one point before eventually running on strongly and winning comfortably. Last time out at Newmarket he again looked outpaced, but stuck in behind a wall of horses he had to switch very wide and ran on strongly. This run to me suggested he could very easily get competitive here and the step up to 7f will suit. The ground will not be a problem and although he is out of the handicap, I think he will run a good race. He is running off 85 today but I think he could go on to be considerably better than his current mark.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 2.00 Doncaster Ghostwriting 3pts win @ 9/2 Bet365 I don't see many horses getting into this but I could be totally wrong. The horses at the head of the market look the ones to concentrate on and out of those I like Ghostwriting. This horse hails from the John Gosden yard and made a pleasing debut at Wolverhampton winning quite cosily in the end. He was then stepped up into group 2 company where he found it a little too hot. Dropping down to this level and on his handicap debut, he could prove to be too good for these. John Gosden is one of the top trainers at the course and Buick is one of the top jockeys at the course. Hopefully they will team up today to get another winner. The main dangers look to be West Leake Hare who probably found the soft ground against him last time out and should be judged on his good effort at Goodwood and Jessie's Spirit who looks to be improving with every run.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 5.20 Doncaster Oldjoesaid 1pt e/w @ 12/1 WilliamHill This is probably the most competitive race of the day but I think Oldjoesaid will relish this big field and should get a good pace to run at. He has been in good form in recent starts and looked very unlucky off this mark last time out. If getting luck in running I can see him going close. Obviously not as good as he once was, I think he is still up to taking a race like this.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread

2.00 Doncaster Ghostwriting 3pts win @ 9/2 Bet365 I don't see many horses getting into this but I could be totally wrong. The horses at the head of the market look the ones to concentrate on and out of those I like Ghostwriting. This horse hails from the John Gosden yard and made a pleasing debut at Wolverhampton winning quite cosily in the end. He was then stepped up into group 2 company where he found it a little too hot. Dropping down to this level and on his handicap debut, he could prove to be too good for these. John Gosden is one of the top trainers at the course and Buick is one of the top jockeys at the course. Hopefully they will team up today to get another winner. The main dangers look to be West Leake Hare who probably found the soft ground against him last time out and should be judged on his good effort at Goodwood and Jessie's Spirit who looks to be improving with every run.
Well done mate:clap you deserved that one, shame you didnt stick with Humidor!

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread Cheers Billy. Nice to finally get off the mark but I feel a bit sick about Humidor. I might as well say why I changed my nap in the morning to this one.... Basically I got a txt saying my mates mate had spoke to someone blah blah blah who had spoken to someone who said this horse had been flying on the gallops and would not beaten next time out. I thought yesterday looked a winnable race but thought today looked a little too hot so left it alone on here. Oh well.. at least I am finally off the mark! :cow

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread I was pretty disappointed with how Levitate was ridden today. This has improved immenseley since changing stables and being ridden from the back. Today they either changed tactics or the horse simply found himself in front... either way it didn't pay to be up with the pace as all the horses involved at the finish had been held up. Won't be giving up this horse though. Absolutely gutted about Group Therapy. Not only did he finish 4th, but my nap from yesterday decided to go and win at 14/1. That I suppose is horse racing... can be rather cruel at times. Oldjoesaid ran very disappointingly. Thought he would run a much better race today with everything in his favour. Nevermind! Ghostwriting finally got me off the mark which I am very pleased about. Could have been a much better day had I kept the faith with Humidor but at least I have made a profit today! Ghostwriting was probably lucky to win with the 2nd hanging very badly but I will take that! Hopefully the first of many! -3 pts from 2 bets yesterday (just doing this to make it easier when it comes doing the stats) + 5.5pts today from 4bets :D

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 1.25 Doncaster Poetic Dancer 1.5pts e/w @ 12/1 William Hill This is pretty competitive stuff but I like the look of this Clive Cox trained animal. I backed her when she won 2nd time up at Newbury and she looked very unlucky last time out at Goodwood. She was repeatedly denied a clear passage before eventually finding the gaps and finishing strongly. John Fahy has ridden the horse on her last 3 outings so he knows how to ride her. There doesn't seem to be an outstanding horse in the line-up so it looks pretty open. The pick of the opposition look to be the group 1 entered Besito and, Responsive and Roger Sez. Poetic Dancer looks to have solid enough claims if getting luck in running and showing the same ability she showed last time out at Goodwood. The stable aren't exactly flying but she gets to run here off the same mark as last time out and she won't mind conditions so must have an each way squeak in what is an open event.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 1.55 Doncaster Flambeau 2pts win @ 8/1 William Hill The Henry Candy stable are in great form at the moment with plenty of their horses running well and I am going to take a chance on Flambeau confirming her impressive reappearence this year at Leicester. Flambeau quickened clear of a very good field to record a 4 length victory beating the likes of Side Glance, Duff, Dunelight and High Standing. I think excuses can be made for her 2 runs since that race. She went off far too hard next time up and was beaten by a smart horse in Perfect Tribute. Last time out at Newmarket she raced on the unfavoured side at Newmarket and never stood any chance. Also the ground probably wasn't too her liking. Willing to put a line through that effort. She has been given a nice break since that race and it might be best to catch her fresh. If able to recapture her form of that Leicester win, she would have a massive chance here. It is a very competitive field however. The main danger looks to be Alanza who is improving with every run and won a listed race last time out in Ireland where the 2 big guns (hooray and Lolly for Dolly) never showed. Also Chachamaidee won well at this level at Goodwood but for me got the run of the race so will be interesting to see how she does here. She did show a smart turn of foot that day so must have every chance here. Seta has never been beaten over 7f so she is another one that holds every chance today. I am happy to take on these with Flambeau who created a very big impression when bolting up at Leicester. A return to that form would see her get involved and she comes here after a nice little break and with the stable firing.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 2.25 Doncaster Boris Grigoriev 0.5pt e/w @ 25/1 VC Bet This horse has been pretty disappointing for connections and has been tried in different headgear but today I think he gets the right conditions for the horse and could run a decent race. The visor is back on today which he wore in the Molecombe where he was sent off as short as 15/2. He was badly outpaced that day but stayed on well in the final furlong. This extended 6f at Doncaster should suit him down to a tee. His last 2 runs he has been tried in blinkers where he finished a fast finishing 2nd over 5f at listed level and then disappointed behind the very smart Lightning Pearl. I am hoping the combination of 6f, the visor and the good ground will see a much better showing from this horse today. He does have plenty of fancy entries so hopefully today he will show himself in a much better light.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 3.00 Doncaster Meeznah 3pts win @ VC Bet I am going to take Meeznah to confirm the ability she showed at Goodwood in taking a competitive group 3 race very comfotably. Something was surely amiss last time out where she was sent off favourite against the likes of Census, Brown Panther and Times Up but was first beat. She has been given a few weeks to get over that race and I think comes here with every chance. The likes of Cracking Lass and Set to Music finished 1st and 2nd at York in a race where the favourites where beaten a distance. Again I am willing to take on these wide margin winners that came out of that York meeting due to the poor state of the ground. Sense of Purpose brings some strong Irish form to the table but I don't think it will be good enough to beat the much improved Meeznah.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 4.10 Doncaster Able Master 0.5pt e/w @ 33/1 William Hill Able Master to me looks very well handicapped now off 85. This horse won 2 years ago off 95 and wasn't beaten far last year in the Ayr Silver Cup off 95. He is 10lbs lower today and has valid excuses for his 2 runs this season. He will have needed the run first time up over CD and then had his first ever try on the all weather over a trip too far for him last time out at Lingfield. Here comes here after a slight break from racing but should be able to get competitive off 85 and returned to 6f. They have put the cheekpieces back on today to possibly try and help concentrate his mind. This is hugely competitive but should be run to suit my selection and racing off a career low mark he might be able to sneak a place.

3.00 Doncaster Meeznah 3pts win @ VC Bet I am going to take Meeznah to confirm the ability she showed at Goodwood in taking a competitive group 3 race very comfotably. Something was surely amiss last time out where she was sent off favourite against the likes of Census, Brown Panther and Times Up but was first beat. She has been given a few weeks to get over that race and I think comes here with every chance. The likes of Cracking Lass and Set to Music finished 1st and 2nd at York in a race where the favourites where beaten a distance. Again I am willing to take on these wide margin winners that came out of that York meeting due to the poor state of the ground. Sense of Purpose brings some strong Irish form to the table but I don't think it will be good enough to beat the much improved Meeznah.
you what 2 days in a row! haha can't believe I forgot to put the price I took. It was 3/1 that I took but I am happy to put down SP as I totally forgot to put the price on.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 4.40 Doncaster Burj Nahar 1.5pts win @ 8/1 Bet365 Great training performance to get this horse to win first time up after a break of 598 days in a good little handicap but this horse hasn't progressed since. I think he has valid excuses for both defeats since however and can run much better here today. At Ascot he possibly found the trip against him and was slighty hampered in the home straight. Haydock may have come too soon after that effort and he did run very freely at the back of the field. He made his effort up the centre of the track but just didn't pick up. Frankie takes over today and the horse has been given a months rest so he should come here nice and fit.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 4.45 Laytown Dash Back 0.5pt e/w @ 12/1 Bet365 Sorry about the lateness of this one but only just seen that its running. Had a little word for it last time out at fancy prices where he got no run whatsoever. Similar story to Humidor the other day who I let go without backing but I am going to have a slight interest on this horse. Not sure how he will take to this track so small stakes only. He is handicapped to go close being 10lbs lower than his last winning mark so could go close

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread Mixed day really. Far too many bets for me today but that's what happens when I am off work with nothing better to do! Poetic Dancer kicked things off today and I thought maybe should have won or maybe would have won with stronger handling. Still though we doubled our money with that one so can't complain. Flambeau was very disappointing. Never got into the race but think there are still races to be won with that one. Boris Grigoriev at one point got me a little excited when he started to make headway towards the leaders but he couldn't sustain his effort and finished well beat. To make things worse the trainer won the race with his other horse! Meeznah was very impressive I thought and showed today that there was something definitely amiss last time out. She travelled powerfully and galloped all the way to the line. I forgot to put the price but I did take 3/1 this morning. Able Master finished well beat but didn't get the clearest of runs throughout the whole race. Would have been interesting to see where he could have finished with a clear run. Burj Nahar was poor and Dash Back I thought was unlucky. Definitely going to follow this horse next time out. He travelled well in behind a wall of horses and had to be switched very wide. It took him a while to pick up on the sand but he ran on well to finish 2nd. +7.2pts today

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 2.25 Doncaster Opinion Poll 4pts win @ 2/1 William Hill This one was almost a max bet for me today as I really fancy him to be too good here. Opinion Poll has been in great form in recent starts winning at Goodwood and York in group 2 company. If anything I would say this race looks weaker than both of those contests and if he turns up in the same mood he should take all the beating. For his previous trainer, this horse was considered a soft ground horse but he has put that to bed this year winning on good to firm ground at Goodwood. I think he is much improved this year for the very talented trainer Al Zarooni and can hopefully complete the hat-trick here. Opinion Poll ran in this race last year where he could only finish 4th. Interestingly 2 horses that day that finished ahead of him re-oppose today but I think Opinion Poll will have no trouble in reversing that form. Tashtahil has been very disappointing in his last couple of runs and can not be backed today with any confidence. Motrice might pose a bigger threat as he comes into this race off the back of a good win in listed company. He has always come up short in group company though, and I think that will be the case again today. Blue Bajan is interesting having got so close to the selection at Goodwood but I think he would need it good to firm to have any chance of reversing the form. Little rain is forecast overnight so I can't see the ground drying up overnight. Any softening in the ground would aid Opinion Poll. It never works out being as easy as it looks but for me Opinion Poll is a stand out bet here. Everything is in his favour and it would take a mighty effort for something to overturn him. Bergo is also of slight interest having ran on at York to finish 3rd but favourites have a good record in this race and interestingly enough no horse rated lower than 110 has won the race in the last 10 years. That only leaves 3 horses to concentrate on, of which Opinion Poll stands out. A good race in prospect and it will probably end up being much more competitive than I think but Opinion Poll can fend of the likes of Motrice and Blue Bajan to complete the hat-trick!

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 4.40 Doncaster Mirrored 1pt e/w @ 9/1 VC Bet I have followed this horse since he won over CD on his reappearence this year and he is yet to win again. Last time out at Ripon he shaped much better and could be ready to strike again back at this course. He is only 1lb higher than when winning over CD back in April so should be able to get involved. This race is just as competitive as anything he has contested this year so he will need luck in running. He does like to be held up off the pace but does travel well and is more than capable of getting involved. The favourite Mashaaref is up 2lbs for finishing 2nd last time out in a simlar contest and I don't really think he should be as short as he is. Mirrored shaped well last time out at Ripon but I feel he was held up too far off the pace. He came through the pack but never had any chance with the winner. If the jockey can hold him up a little closer to the pace, then maybe he will be able to capitalise towards the finish. A little worry is the form of the stable who are only operating at a 5% strike rate from 83 runners. I do still think Mirrored will run well today on a day that could be a good one for the trainer.

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 4.10 Doncaster Kanaf 3pts win @ 5/1 William Hill I wish they would put anyone else on this horse but unfortunatey they haven't and yet again it will be up to Richard Hills to get this one home in front. On his last 2 starts this horse has looked very unlucky and can hopefully make amends today. This horse has made giant strides this year finishing 2nd on his reappearence and then winning a good handicap at Ascot before doing very well to get as close as he did at both Goodwood and York. Both times he encountered a tough passage and didn't get a clear run until the final furlong. He finished strongly on both occasions and if turning up here in the same mood, he will surely go close if getting the gaps at the right time. They way they have been racing at Doncaster so far I will be very disappointed if Richard Hills manages to get this horse into trouble. Saying that Richard Hills has ridden a few winners of late and confidence might be high! I think all he has to do in this horse is find the gaps and he will go close. Since finishing just 3 lengths behind Hoof It at Goodwood despite meeting trouble in running and looking even unluckier last time out, Kanaf has only been raised 3lbs. To me he still looks very well handicapped if continuing to progress.

4.10 Doncaster Kanaf 3pts win @ 5/1 William Hill I wish they would put anyone else on this horse but unfortunatey they haven't and yet again it will be up to Richard Hills to get this one home in front. On his last 2 starts this horse has looked very unlucky and can hopefully make amends today. This horse has made giant strides this year finishing 2nd on his reappearence and then winning a good handicap at Ascot before doing very well to get as close as he did at both Goodwood and York. Both times he encountered a tough passage and didn't get a clear run until the final furlong. He finished strongly on both occasions and if turning up here in the same mood, he will surely go close if getting the gaps at the right time. They way they have been racing at Doncaster so far I will be very disappointed if Richard Hills manages to get this horse into trouble. Saying that Richard Hills has ridden a few winners of late and confidence might be high! I think all he has to do in this horse is find the gaps and he will go close. Since finishing just 3 lengths behind Hoof It at Goodwood despite meeting trouble in running and looking even unluckier last time out, Kanaf has only been raised 3lbs. To me he still looks very well handicapped if continuing to progress.
Added another 2pts at 4/1 to make this a max bet.

2.25 Doncaster Opinion Poll 4pts win @ 2/1 William Hill This one was almost a max bet for me today as I really fancy him to be too good here. Opinion Poll has been in great form in recent starts winning at Goodwood and York in group 2 company. If anything I would say this race looks weaker than both of those contests and if he turns up in the same mood he should take all the beating. For his previous trainer, this horse was considered a soft ground horse but he has put that to bed this year winning on good to firm ground at Goodwood. I think he is much improved this year for the very talented trainer Al Zarooni and can hopefully complete the hat-trick here. Opinion Poll ran in this race last year where he could only finish 4th. Interestingly 2 horses that day that finished ahead of him re-oppose today but I think Opinion Poll will have no trouble in reversing that form. Tashtahil has been very disappointing in his last couple of runs and can not be backed today with any confidence. Motrice might pose a bigger threat as he comes into this race off the back of a good win in listed company. He has always come up short in group company though, and I think that will be the case again today. Blue Bajan is interesting having got so close to the selection at Goodwood but I think he would need it good to firm to have any chance of reversing the form. Little rain is forecast overnight so I can't see the ground drying up overnight. Any softening in the ground would aid Opinion Poll. It never works out being as easy as it looks but for me Opinion Poll is a stand out bet here. Everything is in his favour and it would take a mighty effort for something to overturn him. Bergo is also of slight interest having ran on at York to finish 3rd but favourites have a good record in this race and interestingly enough no horse rated lower than 110 has won the race in the last 10 years. That only leaves 3 horses to concentrate on, of which Opinion Poll stands out. A good race in prospect and it will probably end up being much more competitive than I think but Opinion Poll can fend of the likes of Motrice and Blue Bajan to complete the hat-trick!
Pfft poor from Frankie there trying to win it cosily.

There is a tip flying around for this one.
I backed it yesterday before I got the info but thought I would add some more today. My mate has been getting very good info recently... Got Humidor on Tuesday when it was supposed to run. They basically said it would win next time out, and it got taken out on Tues and ran at Donny on Weds and won at 14/1. They expect Kanaf to win and he also gave me Cape of Good Grace for Listowel On Wednesday... said a lot of big hitters are getting involved with that one. So there's one to watch out for next week