Cpo's Horse Racing Thread

cpo

Hello all, I have been given the green light to start my own thread own here so thanks for that! The basic point of the thread is to try and make a steady profit throughout the year, covering all horse racing (flat, jumps and all weather). I think what has already been done with other guys on the site, in using a 1-5pts staking system looks the way to go. Also like them, I intend on starting with a 100pts bank. For me the main reason for starting this thread, is to start contributing more to the site and also to help with my betting discipline. In the past I have been guilty of picking poor (not researched properly) selections on here, purely to try and win the BBOTD competition. With this thread, I will put proper research into all of my bets and hopefully will find plenty of winners and make some nice profits. I have been a member of the site since Christmas time and have definitely learnt plenty from the very knowledgeable members on here. I love reading debates, on different betting styles and peoples differing views on the site. Finally a little about me... Well my name is Chris and I am from Middlesbrough. I currently study Chemical Engineering at Teesside University and have 3 years left of my course so you will be stuck with me for at least that amount of time. I am a season ticket holder at Middlesbrough and am hoping for big things from the team this year. I think horse racing has been an interest in the family for a few generations now and I am very much in love with the sport. There's nothing better than a day out with your mates at the races! Anyway's that's enough blabbing on about myself.... Here's to hopefully finding plenty of winners with you guys :cheers

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Cpo's Horse Racing Thread 3.50 Salisbury Elbe 0.5pt e/w @ 14/1 PaddyPower Going to give this horse another chance here after a very disappointing effort last time out at Lingfield. To be fair the horse ran freely and pulled for nearly 4 furlongs so it was no surprise the horse had nothing left when asked for an effort. It is interesting they have opted for the hood for this horse to try and concentrate her mind on the job. Hopefully it will do the trick. Add that to the fact that they will probably go a better gallop here and this horse should be able to get herself into a nice rhythm early on like she showed on her first two outings. On her first start on a racecourse she travelled very nicely into the race only to fade away towards the finish and end up 6th. That effort came in one of the hottest maidens this year which has prodcued horses such as Samitar, Gamilati, My Propeller and Regal Realm. On her second start she showed the same powerful cruising speed to take a decent Doncaster maiden and never really had to be asked a serious question. I am hoping her last run was just a blip and they obviously think pretty highly of her as she is group 1 entered. This is obviously a different kettle of fish to what she has raced against so far. Dreamwriter was so impressive on debut and should be in the shake up here. Inetrobil probably brings the best form to the table and has to be respected. The race is full of unexposed types and looks a tricky one to call but I do think Elbe can show her true colours here and get involved.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.