** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Sept 3

BlueSQ Bet North Saturday 3 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bishop's Stortford v Boston United (12:30 BST) 12/5 13/5 11/10 104.81 %
maximize.gif Droylsden v Colwyn Bay (15:00 BST) 11/10 13/5 11/5 106.65 %
maximize.gif Eastwood Town v Blyth Spartans (15:00 BST) 5/4 13/5 11/5 103.47 %
maximize.gif FC Halifax Town v Workington (15:00 BST) 4/7 10/3 5 103.40 %
maximize.gif Gloucester City v Altrincham FC (15:00 BST) 6/4 13/5 6/4 107.78 %
maximize.gif Guiseley v Vauxhall Motors (15:00 BST) 4/7 10/3 9/2 105.63 %
maximize.gif Histon v Stalybridge Celtic (15:00 BST) 11/4 11/4 1/1 103.33 %
maximize.gif Hyde FC v Harrogate Town (15:00 BST) 8/11 14/5 10/3 107.20 %
maximize.gif Nuneaton Town v Gainsborough Trinity (15:00 BST) 13/10 12/5 2 106.22 %
maximize.gif Solihull Moors v Hinckley United (15:00 BST) 13/10 13/5 7/4 107.62 %
maximize.gif Worcester City v Corby Town (15:00 BST) 11/8 13/5 8/5 108.26 %
BlueSQ Bet South Saturday 3 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Basingstoke Town v Dartford (15:00 BST) 7/4 12/5 6/5 111.23 %
maximize.gif Eastbourne Borough v Havant & Waterlooville (15:00 BST) 11/10 13/5 13/5 103.17 %
maximize.gif Eastleigh v Bromley (15:00 BST) 1/1 13/5 5/2 106.35 %
maximize.gif Salisbury City v Hampton & Richmond (15:00 BST) 4/7 10/3 9/2 105.63 %
maximize.gif Staines Town v Thurrock (15:00 BST) 8/11 10/3 9/2 99.06 %
maximize.gif Sutton United v Dorchester Town (15:00 BST) 4/5 14/5 10/3 104.95 %
maximize.gif Tonbridge Angels v Farnborough (15:00 BST) 13/10 5/2 2 105.38 %
maximize.gif Truro City v Maidenhead United (15:00 BST) 10/11 13/5 11/4 106.83 %
maximize.gif Welling United v Woking (15:00 BST) 13/8 5/2 11/8 108.68 %
maximize.gif Weston-super-Mare v Boreham Wood (15:00 BST) 11/8 13/5 15/8 104.58 %
maximize.gif Chelmsford City v Dover Athletic (15:30 BST) 8/5 13/5 6/4 106.24 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Sept 3 Two plays that aren't for widows and orphans... Hampton & Richmond Borough away at Salisbury City (5/1 Bet365, Titan Bet) Why back a side that's not won in five? Well, two draws following three defeats is some sign of improvement, and with Dean Inman returning to shore up a light-looking defence there is some grounds for optimism that Hampton's new approach post-Devonshire (more football, less Stoke City) will pay dividends. I've only seen them pre-season, when based on that one performance they looked like a team nailed on for the Ryman, but they are a work in progress and there has been a palpable improvement since then and with Dave Tarpey and Jacob Erskine showing flashes of form, I suspect they'll be climbing the table sooner rather than later. Salisbury City are in confident nick following the trouncing of Havant, but that result aside they've not always been convincing thus far. That's not surprising: it's a young and talented side, and at times young and talented sides can misfire. I can't make Hampton 5/1 shots for this and even if they are nowhere near favourites I'm prepared to take a chance on them. Vauxhall Motors away at Guiseley (6/1 Bet 365) There has been absolutely nothing wrong with Guiseley's home form this season - 10 scored and none conceded in three - so it's a massive risk in opposing them. But even so, I can't make the visitors this far out on the percentages. Two of the sides Guiseley have beaten - Blyth and Hinckley - are bottom four, and the third, Colwyn Bay, played a containing game. Vauxhall are not containers: they are a pretty gung-ho outfit that throws caution to the wind, but away from home they have been performing well - a 4-2 defeat at a confident Staly is no disgrace, and they could easily have bagged a point on another day, and they were also a touch unfortunate to lose at Worcester. The third away match in Motors' early season CV was a deserved win at Boston. Early season results suggest Guiseley are great, and Vauxhall Motors are poor - Guiseley are certainly better, but they are not anything like 6/1 better.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Sept 3 Histon v Stalybridge Celtic Histon got their first win of the season on Monday but that was against a very poor Solihull and I am not sure that says an awful lot, although that effort and the draw against Corby at the weekend were certainly an improvement. The only problem now is they have league favourites (and my ante-post tips) Stalybridge Celtic coming to visit. Celtic should really have a 100% record as Halifax only equalised with a 92nd minute penalty last Saturday but they got back to winning ways in good style against Vauxhall Motors on Monday. I would make Celtic 4/6 chances to win this game, which makes Blue Square’s 10/11 look very appealing and it is the bet of the day for me. Nuneaton v Gainsborough Trinity As I have mentioned a few times before I was amazed Brian Little wasn’t given the sack long before he was and it has had an immediate effect as Trinity have won all three games since he left. They certainly have a good side on paper and performances are now beginning to back that up. Nuneaton is a tricky game and they are certainly improving after a slow start but they still have some way to go for me before they start reaching the heights of last season and I fancy they could be vulnerable against a bang in form Trinity. An away win is as short as 13/8 which is around the price I would have it so I have to have an interest at bet 365’s 2/1. Truro v Maidenhead A couple of weeks ago Maidenhead’s victory over Bromley cost me a 100% strike rate. Since that match they have won twice and drawn once and they are actually beginning to play like their pre-season form suggested they might. Their two 4-0 defeats in the first two matches have firmly been put behind them. Their opponents on Saturday got off to a flyer, winning their first three including victories over Chelmsford and Dover. However that has been followed by three defeats which included a 4-1 drubbing by Havant & Waterlooville and the performances have taken a turn for the worst. They are still a decent side and will be winning again soon no doubt but I just think the bookies have underestimated Maidenhead’s chances of winning and I am happy to take a chance at bet 365’s 14/5.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Sept 3

Event Welling - Woking
Selection Welling
Strength 10/10
Date 03/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.63
Reasoning Welling is the leader of the league, but they are just two points up today's opponent Woking. The moment of form of the two teams is impressive, smashing their opponents at home but also away. Last day, Welling won at Turrock 1:4, and Welling won at Tonbridge 3:6. They are the two teams of the moment and this should be a great game. At home, and with a sequence of five consecutive wins, Welling is the favourite to win this game, and despite that a draw can happen, the home win odd is very good to back the home side here.

Event Worcester - Corby
Selection Worcester
Strength 10/10
Date 03/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Eurobet @ 2.38
Reasoning Worcester is looking for a revenge after the three defeats they collected last season facing Corby. One of them cost the elimination from FA Cup and two of them were on the last minute of the game. Now, at home, making a great start of season, Worcester seem to be capable of defeating this irregualr Corby who can smash opponents and also be smashed too. The hill of revenge and the home advantage, among the solidity of the team makes me believe that Worcester is very capable of winning this balanced game.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Sept 3 Hyde - Harrogate Selection Hyde(-1)AH (Asian-handicap) Strength 8/10 Date 03/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.08 Reasoning Strange or not, Hyde got absolutely perfect record so far, winning all of their 6 games from the beginning of the season. They attack seems to be quite effective and they has scored 15 goals in their games till now, and in the same time , showing clever and well packeed defence, conceding only 2 goals. They got 6-0-0 and got perfect opoortunity to impove their record at home, against comfortable opponent as Harrogate. The guests are shay team, which got up and downs all the time. They are playing offensive football, but they got quite shaky defence and they are conceding a lot of easy goals after stupid mistakes. Even in their last away game, they managed to make only 3:3 against weak Blyth, showing poor defensive performance. In this game I expect big problems for their defence and I expect hosts to score at least 2-3 goals without much problems. Clear home win here and I expect Hyde to cover the line

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Sept 3 No joy with the longshots today, and it sounds like Vauxall Motors were, if anything, several notches worse than 6/1 shots today. Good call by FCP on Welling, but pride of place to addpea for a sublime sequence of Gainsborough, Staly and Maidenhead. Superb work!

No joy with the longshots today, and it sounds like Vauxall Motors were, if anything, several notches worse than 6/1 shots today. Good call by FCP on Welling, but pride of place to addpea for a sublime sequence of Gainsborough, Staly and Maidenhead. Superb work!
Thank you.