** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Basketball European Championship 2011 - Lithuania

Re: Basketball European Championship 2011 - Lithuania Serbia - France | Serbia to win 1.7@bet365 7/10! Tony Parker and Mickael Gelabale is questionable for this game, both plaers will decide to play or not right after the warm up. Well i think this could be some off-court playts from France personal stuff, to keep Serbia slept. Serbia , France, Germany will join teams like Lithuania, Spain and Turkey or Poland , so they know that very important to go to that gourp with extra win. I think even with off-court plays France is huge enough to win over Serbia, but i think that Serbia will overcome France today, Dusko is veri smart and experianced coach has some high class experience of theese kind of games and he knows how to prepare guys for thouse games. I'll be very delightfull to see Parker off-court, but like i said it's just management plays... Anyway Serbia to win. :hope

Re: Basketball European Championship 2011 - Lithuania

After Great Britain beat Poland' date=' Turkey will be very motivated against Spain. As I Have said before Turkey is playing great defensively, Don't take Poland game in account because refs were terrible there. I don't have much time before the game so this is a short preview I'm very confident in my bet will take it with x2 my usual stake [b']Spain - Turkey : Spain under 83 points
**** me I should have bet on Turkey to win. Still Good profit the bet won by 24 points lol

Re: Basketball European Championship 2011 - Lithuania After the group stages, I'm pretty happy with the selections we have for the second group stages tomorrow. :hope to keep our good run. Germany - Spain : I think there is a good opportunity here to start second stage with nice profit. Although Germany likes to play low tempo basketball, I expect spain to score around 20 points each quarter and the German team which was rested against Latvia will be trying to find an answer offensively. Spain defence was less than impressive and I don't expect them to be too much motivated against Germany. This game can either go very tight if Nowitzki plays great or Spain simply crush Germany after half time and they will not be defending seriously in the second half. So both scenarios We're looking at a game Spain scores between 75-100 and Germany scores 65-80. So 146.5 total point limits are very low I was expecting around 153.5. This is a good opportunity to start the day. Pick : Over 146.5 points @1.91 with 8.5/10 Turkey - France : After qualifying thanks to Great Britain, Turkey has played great basketball against Spain as I predicted. In the recent years they have been very succesful against France, Turkey's main problem defensively is against teams that score a lot of 3 points and strech the game. I don't think this will be the case against France team because they aren't a team filled with great shooters, So I expect Turkey to play great defensively as they will be defending a much smaller area and they can also play zone defense which they have mastered in the recent years. I think both teams have equal chance to win this game, So +5.5 Handicap for Turkey is just a gift. And I suggest you to take it. Pick : Turkey +5.5 @1.91 with 8.5/10 Lithuania - Serbia : I think Lithuania is a very over-rated team in this tournament. Thanks to Serbia's lost against France and Lithuania's home court advantage we find good odds for Serbia here. In my opinion there should be like +4.5 handicap for Lithuania but bookies offered +2 for Serbia instead. France's very athletic players caused problem for Serbia but this will not be the case against Lithuania. Lithuania lacks tough defence and Serbia is the best passing team I watched in this tournament. They will be scoring easily against Lithuania defence. Pick : Serbia +2 @1.91 with 9/10

Re: Basketball European Championship 2011 - Lithuania I agree with you with Serbia pick, i even took Serbia ML with 2.1 as i don't believe that run&gun style of Lithuania will be effective against Serbia, who can play great defence as well as offence, so i think this is a gift from the bookies. Serbia has advantage in virtually any department from point guards to centers and a better coach in my opinion. Good luck to you

Re: Basketball European Championship 2011 - Lithuania Lithuania - Serbia Under 160.5 1.9@bet365 7/10! Crucial game for both sides. I agree with you all that Lithuania is overrated here so, but know fact that they playing at home and that could be the key to succes. Today Lithuania will play infront of 11.000 crazy fans. But of course Serbia is very experienced and talented team, no doubt about that. They have a great tradicions of basketball like Lithuania do. So today this game will show at which level Lithuania are now. First group of stage was good enough for lithuania, they won very very important game vs Turkey, that they now can only need just 1 victory enough to advance, but all that things is just a math and you have to go and play and win yourself to secure spot to the elimination round. I think that todays game will be all about the defence, to see 160.5 total line i'm very surprised, no doubt that Lithuania isn't that team which won bronze in WC last year in Turkey, they have Jasikevicius who likes to play slow, positional basketball, Kalnietis on the other hand is different player and likes to run and play very fast, that is the main thing that Lithuania can win today, if they will play deep positional basketball they probably will lose today i thnk. Serbia no doubt should be rated as a favs here, but Lithuania playing at home so this maybe influenced bookies to set up LTU as a favs. My selection is boring defencive game with an unde 160.5 gl :hope

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Basketball European Championship 2011 - Lithuania Macedonia - Russia Pick: Macedonia The battle for the third place on European Basketball championship in Lithuania. Russia is a big favorite, but I still think Macedonia can upset them. It is true Russia won in the group stage with 63:61 (12.09.2011), but it is also true Macedonia was very, very close to the victory. Just one second before the final whistle Sergey Monya scored three points and brought a victory to Russia. It is clear Macedonia could easily win that game too. Russia was lucky to win, even the coach David Blatt admitted that. Now is a new match, an interesting battle for the bronze medal. Macedonian players are very tired, but the motivation is extremely big. They are something like nation heroes, I am sure they will find a power for one more match. On other side Russian players are little disappointed, they were hoping to play in the final. The defeat from France could be an important factor. That was their first defeat on European championship. Macedonia main handicap will be the absence of Todor Gecevski. He broke the hand against Slovenia and he didn't play since then. But even without him Macedonia managed to eliminate the hosts in quarterfinal and Macedonia was competitive against Spain in the semifinal. Don't forget Macedonia won the first half against Spain. Sorry, but I don't see any team to make such result against fully motivated Spain players (I know Turkey won against Spain, that's why I wrote against "fully motivated" Spain players). Bo McCalebb and Pero Antic are the leaders, they are playing in great form and I see big problems for Russian team.

Re: Basketball European Championship 2011 - Lithuania

Sport Euro Basketball
Event FYR Macedonia - Russia
Selection FYR Macedonia
Strength 10/10
Date 18/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.88
Reasoning Today I read on newspaper that Russian player didn't took a part in practice yesterday after loss against France on Friday their coach allowed his players to go to shoping and coffee, rest day. So Russia are not so motivated to this match, while Macedonia recorded the biggest success in their history reaching the semi finals. Macedonia defeated host country Latvia in round of quarters one of the biggest surprise in the history of european championships. Macedonia also won the first half against Spain in the semi final match. In group stage Russia won with just two points but they are not so motivated today as their coach said allowing them to rest yesterday, while if Macedonia win today this will be the biggest success to this small country they will play on 150% today so why not.