** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August

Spooner

Tuesday 30 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Scunthorpe United v Hartlepool United (19:00 BST) 2.05 3.5 3.6 105.13 %
maximize.gif Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale (19:00 BST) 1.87 3.6 4.18 105.18 %
maximize.gif Burton Albion v Sheffield United (19:30 BST) 3.8 3.6 2.02 103.60 %
maximize.gif Colchester United v Barnet (19:30 BST) 1.66 3.75 5.5 104.85 %
maximize.gif Wycombe Wanderers v Bristol Rovers (19:30 BST) 1.01 1.01 1.01 297.03 %
maximize.gif AFC Bournemouth v Hereford United (19:45 BST) 1.67 3.75 5.75 103.94 %
maximize.gif Bradford City v Sheffield Wednesday (19:45 BST) 3.3 3.5 2.2 104.33 %
maximize.gif Bury v Crewe Alexandra (19:45 BST) 1.72 3.8 5.4 102.73 %
maximize.gif Cheltenham Town v Torquay United (19:45 BST) 2.37 3.4 2.91 105.88 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle (19:45 BST) 1.72 3.6 5.04 105.51 %
maximize.gif Milton Keynes Dons v Brentford (19:45 BST) 2.03 3.5 3.75 104.50 %
maximize.gif Northampton Town v Huddersfield Town (19:45 BST) 3.9 3.6 2 103.42 %
maximize.gif Southend United v Crawley Town (19:45 BST) 3.3 3.4 2.25 104.16 %
maximize.gif Walsall v Shrewsbury Town (19:45 BST) 2.05 3.55 3.6 104.73 %

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August W'sup! guys, newbie here otherwise this is what i think Winners Mk-Dons-playing well at the moment i cant see them lose this + (both teams to score) Huddersfield - a trip to the park this might as well end up 0-3 Southend - Southend last season where know to go nuts on goals i see them do that again on this match, just as Crawly were but this match goes to southend + (both teams to score) Shrewsbury - they seem to do well even away and playing good football Sheff Wed - will not have it easy here but their form favors my bet Sheff U - so improved they are still on fire ,easy win here Colchester - facing a poor team, quality and strength Barnet are not worth the money

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August The MK Dons manager was interviewed on TalkSPORT last week after the win at Norwich in the Carling Cup and intimated he would almost certainly throw the kids in for the JPT games because his squad wasn't big enough to cope with all the games.

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August

The MK Dons manager was interviewed on TalkSPORT last week after the win at Norwich in the Carling Cup and intimated he would almost certainly throw the kids in for the JPT games because his squad wasn't big enough to cope with all the games.
That sounds about right. MK's main priority this year is promotion, they have been in and around the playoff's the past couple of years, so i should think they will field a weakened side, particularly with a tough trip to carlisle coming up on saturday

The MK Dons manager was interviewed on TalkSPORT last week after the win at Norwich in the Carling Cup and intimated he would almost certainly throw the kids in for the JPT games because his squad wasn't big enough to cope with all the games.
How can he? The rules of this tournament don't permit too many changes.

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August I have read somewhere, that one team made more than 8 changes and was suspended from FA with some money, similar situation with Blackpool who made a lot of changes against Man United last season if I am not wrong, and also was suspended..... But anyway this trophy is not so tasty to the bigger clubs, is it ?

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August The tournament is a joke. There is no real financial gain for anyone taking part and gate figures are well below the average for club's attendances. As Jase82 said, each team is obliged to play with a minimum of 6 regular starters. I expect MK Dons to include the likes of Martin, Lewington, Doumbe etc so the spine of the team will have a bit of experience.

Sport Football (England - Non League)
Event milton K.D v Brentford
Selection Home win
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00
Reasoning thye home side have been perfoming very good both at home and away this season and i think they will surely win this game as they will be playing against a side i think we not find it easy defending the goals from coming in as the home side are more full of attacking and this makes them to beat and win mostly all thier games.

Tip Detail
Sport Football (England - Non League)
Event exeter v plymount
Selection away
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00
Reasoning plymount with this kind of odds is a sure bet for staker as the home side exerter are not so good like that and i can not see them winning this very game with a side like plymount and i think they will not finding it easy beating them and thye away plymount are my favourite in this game to win.

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August Should really be staying away from this one as there is not to many teams excited by this competition and you will probally see a lot of the better teams fieilding there weaker teams.. Not much reasoning for the below bet just gone with small stakes and recent form. Bournemouth Win Sheff Utd Win Colchester Win Tranmere Win Exeter Win 5 Fold with Bet365. odds 14/1 small stakes placed.:unsure

Should really be staying away from this one as there is not to many teams excited by this competition and you will probally see a lot of the better teams fieilding there weaker teams.. Not much reasoning for the below bet just gone with small stakes and recent form. Bournemouth Win Sheff Utd Win Colchester Win Tranmere Win Exeter Win 5 Fold with Bet365. odds 14/1 small stakes placed.:unsure
I did something similar, went with: Cheltenham @7/5 Colchester @4/6 Huddersfield @10/11 Exeter 8/11 odds of around 12.5/1 :hope

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August Bradford vs Sheffield Wednesday Tonights televised fixture will be the 8th game in 24 days for Sheffield Wednesday and so I expect there to be squad rotation as much as possible within the rules of the competition. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nicky Weaver, Clinton Morrison, Chris Sedgewick and James O'Connor all start tonight, so it will not have the youthful-feel that the other cup-squads have had. That said, Bradford put up a showing against Leeds on TV and nobody has hammered them so far this season. Add to this the newly installed manager and 4-2 win against Barnet on Saturday just gone and I'm expecting an animal not afraid to get at us tonight. We will be taking the fixture - if not the competition - seriously. Players who are considered 'fringe' players will have their opportunity to impress and none of them will want another Blackburn-away scenario. That said we have looked ropey and vulnerable so there should be plenty of hide-behind-the-settee moments for Mr Naps later :unsure What I will say is that with our next match also being a televised fixture away at Charlton, we absolutely do NOT want extra time tonight. That is why I expect the second half will be explosive as the game nears a finish and I can well forsee all being lost in the last 15/20 minutes. As a result I'm advising the following bets; Second Half goals over 1.5 @ 2.10 (5pts) Any Card to be shown between 76mins - full time @ 1.67 (5pts)

I did something similar, went with: Cheltenham @7/5 Colchester @4/6 Huddersfield @10/11 Exeter 8/11 odds of around 12.5/1 :hope
Took another look at the games tonight and got a 4 fold which should come in might stick £20 down as all should win comfortably. Exter Bury Colchester Tramere 4 Fold @ 7/1 Bet365. GL all hope it dont end in tears

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August Tranmere - Port Vale: Tranmere @ 1.83 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 One league separates the teams. Tranmere has started the season well in League 1 with a record of 3-1-1 and sit in 5th place. Port Vale has made a decent start in League 2 with a record of 2-2-1 and sit in 8th place. These types of cup competitions offer an opportunity for lower league clubs to shine so both will probably be motivated. However, Tranmere has the home advantage and a slightly better quality roster. The odds are acceptable and worth the risk. Burton - Sheffield United: Sheffield United @ 2.13 (Pinnacle) 10/10 There is one league difference between the teams. Burton started the season with a below average performance and sits in 16th place in League 2 with a record of 1-3-1. Sheffield Utd. has started the season, in League 1, very well with a record of 4-1-0 and sits in 3rd place. The guests will probably use some substitutes, but there is a quality difference in favour of Sheffield Utd. and the guests should have enough to win against a team that is a league lower and has weakish form. The odds are fair for the away win, I think.

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August BRADFORD @ 3.3 to beat Wednesday. Wednesday are like a fat Yank, they don't travel well at all. Bradford with a new Manager and on the back of a good win on Saturday are very good value here!

Who is the ref? The quotes for 3+ bookings and a red card are very high' date=' so I assume it's someone very lenient; making your card tip quite risky.[/quote'] Its Tony Bates tonight. Not generally one to dish Red Cards out but twice in 5 games this season he's shown 5 yellows.

Re: England > Midweek > Johnstones Paint Trophy > 30 August 17 minutes in megson has made 3 subs for uninjured players taking off weaver prutton and semedo if wednesday get injuries now no subs available sky pictures showed the ginger knob laughing about fiddling the rules

Bradford vs Sheffield Wednesday What I will say is that with our next match also being a televised fixture away at Charlton, we absolutely do NOT want extra time tonight. Second Half goals over 1.5 @ 2.10 (5pts) Any Card to be shown between 76mins - full time @ 1.67 (5pts)
There is no extra time in this competition mate, it's straight to pens as far as I'm aware. I'm on Bradford in play at 13-8, look out for Nakhi Wells late on, he was v good on Saturday, scored 1 and hit the post. :ok

There is no extra time in this competition mate' date=' it's straight to pens as far as I'm aware. I'm on Bradford in play at 13-8, look out for Nakhi Wells late on, he was v good on Saturday, scored 1 and hit the post. :ok[/quote'] Forget that about Wells, he is on international duty with Bermuda. :$