** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September

Spooner

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September

Rotherham 21/10 hills is the bet for me this weekend. Rotherham are unbeaten in 5 league games and had a very good result against previously unbeaten Gillingham last week, while the Robins have only won once and that was on the opening day against Crewe who themselves have only won once so far against bottom club Plymouth. Paulo Di Canio is a train crash waiting to happen IMHO and we have perhaps seen our first instance of thing not being quite right in the dressing room with the bust up in the tunnel in mid week.
It's a fair price I'll say that:ok

Aldershot v Cheltenham I'm a bit torn on this one:unsure Cheltenham delivered much fancied Crawley's first defeat last weekend whereas the Shots drew at Oxford and then went on to beat League 1 giants:p Carlisle in the Carling cup midweek. If you happen to read this Wiltshire what are your thoughts, did you see the match midweek by any chance? Would you be satisfied with evens for your boys? I think it might be a tad short. Any other constructive views welcome:)
I wasn't there midweek, but I did see the two games previous to that. We're beginning to put a bit of form together and looking solid, but we don't have a 15-20 goal a season striker so we have to really work for our goals. Cheltenham have started better than expected and apparently look semi-decent themselves. Overall it's a no bet for me but of course I wish you luck if you back us ;)

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Swindon Town vs Rotherham When I think how great was Swindon 1 year ago when they were playing in the Play Off from Promotion in the Championship and see now what mess and manager they have, I wonder how their fans must feel. Horrible I think... They will lose this game as they have no value in the squad, just some 4th hand Italians and a manager that maybe awaits the sacking. Rotherham allowed to his star, Le Fondre to develop further his career, but get instead another good striker, Alex Revell from Leyton Orient. away 0 AH @ 2.23 with Victor Chandler :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Gillingham vs Shrewsbury Home side has some missing players due to a virus and striker Kedwell and midfielder Lee are major doubts. Shrewsbury will miss strikers Bradshow and Collins - national duties. But their attack is good enough with Morgan and Gornell. Shrewsbury started teh season not at full speed, but I think their game play was improved game by game. They have a good sqaud and I think in this game should have the first chance. away 0 AH @ 2.31 with Pinnacle Sports :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Swindon Town to beat Rotherham 8/5 @ VC Matt Ritchie(Swindon) FGS 11/1 @ BET365 Not denying Rotherham are in very good form and Swindon are not, however think this is the perfect chance for PDC's side to kick start their campaign infront of the Sky camera's, Swindon have looked threatening going forward, but conceded sloppy goals, the fact that ALF has been sold to Reading is a bonus, his replacement Alex Revell, who had a loan spell at Town a couple of years ago, is ok at this level but i know who i'd rather face. Matt Ritchie has been in good form and looks value for fgs from the homeside's point of view.

Fella, you're talking as if this thing has just happened, in reality it's being going on for Plymouth for months. I don't think there will be any change in the emotions of the players, they have had a long time to get used to it.
Totally agree and things are not about to get better for Plymouth. There's nothing more dangerous than a packet of soup.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Crawley Town v Bristol Rovers - LAY Crawley @ 1.75 with Betfair On the face of it, it may seem like madness to oppose Crawley at home, but I think there's enough justification to take them on at this price. After a run of 34 league games without defeat, Crawley finally suffered a loss at Cheltenham last weekend and Steve Evans' response was to publicly lambast his players, calling them a "disgraceful bunch of big-time Charlies" amongst other things. Defeat in the JPT in midweek was taken a little more calmly, but still it will be interesting to see how a side so used to winning will react to 2 setbacks on the bounce. At the start of the season, I suggested that Bristol Rovers looked full of goals, and so it proved for the first few games. Things have changed lately though, with Paul Buckle challenging his side to keep more clean sheets. They duly obliged, but forgot how to score at the same time, recording back-to-back 0-0s away to Macclesfield and at home to Hereford. Good displays against Watford and Leyton Orient in the Carling Cup suggest that Rovers aren't intimidated against supposedly superior opponents, and, with their newfound defensive solidity, I think they're capable of coming back with at least a point from Crawley today.

I wasn't there midweek' date=' but I did see the two games previous to that. We're beginning to put a bit of form together and looking solid, but we don't have a 15-20 goal a season striker so we have to really work for our goals. Cheltenham have started better than expected and apparently look semi-decent themselves. Overall it's a no bet for me but of course I wish you luck if you back us ;)[/quote'] Cheers Wiltshire:ok

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Southend v Northampton - Under 2.5 goals @ 3/4 (Bet365) Southend (my team) are missing a number of players, mostly strikers in the form of Harris, Dickinson, Corr and Mohsni is also doubtful. That means that the potential front line will include Sturrock and one of either Crawford or Asante. Asante is has one goal in 9 appearances and whilst he'll want to improve on that, being frank, he isn't that great. He might score if he comes on as a late sub as he is a very pacy striker who will enjoy slow defences. Crawford has 3 goals in 30 games for Southend, although he is a more promising player and is improving. Sturrock has 6 goals in 44 games for Southend and is generally used as a holding play to help move the ball forward. I wouldn't expect much from these three, if you really wanted to you could get on Sturrock to score anytime at 11/5, but I wouldn't. Northampton are low on confidence and I reckon that whilst Southend will win, it'll be a close game, either 1-0 or 1-1.

Well' date=' I really do not like those obvious matches as this one is. And the price for AW is huge if Rotherham is favourite as many of you said. Host's in my opinion must start taking some point's, at least @ home field.[/quote'] Swindon - Rotherham 3:2 FT, red cards on both sides, entertaining match and as I said hosts will start to collect points sooner or later and this was so obvious bet with bookie trap on Rotherham....

No surprise seeing that muppet Risdale's name in this article. Accrington Draw No Bet @ 2.20 (Stan James) Match between two very up and down sides, but I like the visitors. Barnet have lost both their home games so far, whilst impressing away, which makes me wonder if there's a bit of a pattern developing. Accrington drew at Northampton and got spanked at Port Vale 4-1, but even so, I have the feeling Barnet's home form may work in their favour.
Push.

Southend v Northampton - Under 2.5 goals @ 3/4 (Bet365) Southend (my team) are missing a number of players, mostly strikers in the form of Harris, Dickinson, Corr and Mohsni is also doubtful. That means that the potential front line will include Sturrock and one of either Crawford or Asante. Asante is has one goal in 9 appearances and whilst he'll want to improve on that, being frank, he isn't that great. He might score if he comes on as a late sub as he is a very pacy striker who will enjoy slow defences. Crawford has 3 goals in 30 games for Southend, although he is a more promising player and is improving. Sturrock has 6 goals in 44 games for Southend and is generally used as a holding play to help move the ball forward. I wouldn't expect much from these three, if you really wanted to you could get on Sturrock to score anytime at 11/5, but I wouldn't. Northampton are low on confidence and I reckon that whilst Southend will win, it'll be a close game, either 1-0 or 1-1.
Finished 2-2 with Mohsni and Hall scoring for Southend. Akinfenwa and Davies for Northampton, all down to a 6 minute goal scoring frenzy.

Swindon Town to beat Rotherham 8/5 @ VC Matt Ritchie(Swindon) FGS 11/1 @ BET365 Not denying Rotherham are in very good form and Swindon are not, however think this is the perfect chance for PDC's side to kick start their campaign infront of the Sky camera's, Swindon have looked threatening going forward, but conceded sloppy goals, the fact that ALF has been sold to Reading is a bonus, his replacement Alex Revell, who had a loan spell at Town a couple of years ago, is ok at this level but i know who i'd rather face. Matt Ritchie has been in good form and looks value for fgs from the homeside's point of view.
:beer almost got Ritchie too, scored 2nd goal.:@

Swindon - Rotherham 3:2 FT' date=' red cards on both sides, entertaining match and as I said hosts will start to collect points sooner or later and this was so obvious bet with bookie trap on Rotherham....[/quote'] Big ref decision changed the match imo failure to award stonewall pen to rotherham when 2 1 up then 1 min later sends guy off ( deserved ) and they equalise having said that I did think swindon were the better team for most of the game and rotherham needed the 3 rd goal to kill them off

Burton Albion to beat Plymouth Argyle - 1.9 William Hill Getting on this one early, Plymouth are looking dire! They're bottom of the table, dont look like they're going to score many this season either. They're playing a Burton side who are scoring goals and playing attractive football. Another main reason behind my bet is this ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14749794.stm. Plymouth's first team players are considering pulling out of the match due to not being paid. This means a team of youth players will take to the pitch at The Pirelli on Saturday
Well Done to all the backers and myself:gimme

Crawley Town v Bristol Rovers - LAY Crawley @ 1.75 with Betfair
Dreadful stuff. Rovers' defensive solidity totally disappeared and they conceded 3 goals from set-pieces, virtually unheard of for a Paul Buckle team. I still think they'll be in the mix for the play-off places, but they need to get back to the fast, attacking style, using their width as they did at the start of the season. As for Crawley, they are starting to look like deserved favourites and this was a very impressive result indeed. Could have been more than 4-1 by all accounts.