** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September

Spooner

Saturday 3 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Swindon Town v Rotherham United (12:15 BST) 2.38 3.4 2.87 106.21 %
maximize.gif AFC Wimbledon v Port Vale (15:00 BST) 2.38 3.4 2.87 106.21 %
maximize.gif Aldershot Town v Cheltenham Town (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.5 3.2 107.44 %
maximize.gif Barnet v Accrington Stanley (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.5 2.88 107.74 %
maximize.gif Burton Albion v Plymouth Argyle (15:00 BST) 2 3.5 3.75 105.24 %
maximize.gif Crawley Town v Bristol Rovers (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.6 4.95 103.54 %
maximize.gif Crewe Alexandra v Oxford United (15:00 BST) 2.7 3.4 2.5 106.45 %
maximize.gif Gillingham v Shrewsbury Town (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.37 104.54 %
maximize.gif Hereford United v Dagenham & Redbridge (15:00 BST) 2.78 3.4 2.5 105.38 %
maximize.gif Morecambe v Bradford City (15:00 BST) 2 3.5 3.77 105.10 %
maximize.gif Southend United v Northampton Town (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.5 3.77 102.72 %
maximize.gif Torquay United v Macclesfield Town (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.5 3.77 107.48 %

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Burton Albion to beat Plymouth Argyle - 1.9 William Hill Getting on this one early, Plymouth are looking dire! They're bottom of the table, dont look like they're going to score many this season either. They're playing a Burton side who are scoring goals and playing attractive football. Another main reason behind my bet is this ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14749794.stm. Plymouth's first team players are considering pulling out of the match due to not being paid. This means a team of youth players will take to the pitch at The Pirelli on Saturday

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September

Burton Albion to beat Plymouth Argyle - 1.9 William Hill Getting on this one early, Plymouth are looking dire! They're bottom of the table, dont look like they're going to score many this season either. They're playing a Burton side who are scoring goals and playing attractive football. Another main reason behind my bet is this ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14749794.stm. Plymouth's first team players are considering pulling out of the match due to not being paid. This means a team of youth players will take to the pitch at The Pirelli on Saturday
There is no markets up for this game on Bet365 atm :unsure must be because of the uncertainty of plymouths team....

Burton Albion to beat Plymouth Argyle - 1.9 William Hill Getting on this one early, Plymouth are looking dire! They're bottom of the table, dont look like they're going to score many this season either. They're playing a Burton side who are scoring goals and playing attractive football. Another main reason behind my bet is this ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14749794.stm. Plymouth's first team players are considering pulling out of the match due to not being paid. This means a team of youth players will take to the pitch at The Pirelli on Saturday
Worth getting on Burton Half time and Full time and possibly Burton -1

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September No surprise seeing that muppet Risdale's name in this article. Accrington Draw No Bet @ 2.20 (Stan James) Match between two very up and down sides, but I like the visitors. Barnet have lost both their home games so far, whilst impressing away, which makes me wonder if there's a bit of a pattern developing. Accrington drew at Northampton and got spanked at Port Vale 4-1, but even so, I have the feeling Barnet's home form may work in their favour.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Rotherham 21/10 hills is the bet for me this weekend. Rotherham are unbeaten in 5 league games and had a very good result against previously unbeaten Gillingham last week, while the Robins have only won once and that was on the opening day against Crewe who themselves have only won once so far against bottom club Plymouth. Paulo Di Canio is a train crash waiting to happen IMHO and we have perhaps seen our first instance of thing not being quite right in the dressing room with the bust up in the tunnel in mid week.

Rotherham 21/10 hills is the bet for me this weekend. Rotherham are unbeaten in 5 league games and had a very good result against previously unbeaten Gillingham last week, while the Robins have only won once and that was on the opening day against Crewe who themselves have only won once so far against bottom club Plymouth. Paulo Di Canio is a train crash waiting to happen IMHO and we have perhaps seen our first instance of thing not being quite right in the dressing room with the bust up in the tunnel in mid week.
You beat me to it.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Burton - Plymouth Burton started good this season and was unbeaten till the last round where they lost from strong home side - Accrington with 2:1 away from home. Anyway Burton got 3 draws and 1 win and will be storng motivated to bounce back, especially at home. They made 2 draws 1:1 in their first 2 home matches, so they will search for the first win in front of their fans tomorrow. Burton got some injury troubles last weeks, but some of the players started training and the coach will be boosted by that fact for sure. Plymouth are on the opposite side. They got big financial problems and started the season quite bad. They got 2 draws and 5 loses in their 7 official games this season, conceding 13 goals. Away from home they got 1-3-5 in their last 9 visits. Their defence is shaky without a clean sheet in last 11 games. I expect Burton to use their home advantage and to add 3 points Burton(-1)AH 2.12 @ Pinnacle

Thanks. Seems they're likely to play, though there is a get-out clause in case they don't get paid by today afternoon. Do football league clubs have to announce a travelling squad before the game?
I doubt that, but I am sure that FA will suspend them if they play with youths and reserves in league match... so they would prefer to pay some selaries instead of get suspended by FA...

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Torquay Vs. Macclesfield 03/09/11 15:00 GMT Selection: Macclesfield @ 4.46 Pinnacle Sports Stake: 10/10 I think Macclesfield Town offer good value this weekend when they face Torquay at Plainmoor. Macclesfield are coming off a 4-0 thumping of AFC Wimbledon in their last league 2 fixture. Macclesfield also gave Bolton a stern test away from home in the Carling Cup in their previous fixture before eventually losing 2-1. Macclesfield will be feeling confident with their good run of form that sees them positioned 13th in a tight league 2 table. Torquay are positioned 12th, 1 place above Macclesfield in the league 2 table with 1 point more than their opponents. With that being said they have a goal difference that is 5 goals worse than Macclesfield. Torquay have gone 0-1-1 this season at home in league 2 so are currently not showing good home form. I think that all 3 results are possible in this match. However, at 4.46 for the Macclesfield away win I will be taken a punt as I think this price represents goodvalue. Goodluck :hope

I doubt that' date=' but I am sure that FA will suspend them if they play with youths and reserves in league match... so they would prefer to pay some selaries instead of get suspended by FA...[/quote'] They wouldn't, I don't know if the Football League has a "strongest side" law but anyway they could just say "They were striking, this was our strongest possible team."

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September I'm not touching the Plymouth game at all. There is nothing more dangerous than a fallen beast. Those players are gonna be angry, upset, and raring to go out there and get a result. It wouldn't surprise me if Plymouth win comfortably. :unsure

I'm not touching the Plymouth game at all. There is nothing more dangerous than a fallen beast. Those players are gonna be angry' date=' upset, and raring to go out there and get a result. It wouldn't surprise me if Plymouth win comfortably. :unsure[/quote'] Fella, you're talking as if this thing has just happened, in reality it's being going on for Plymouth for months. I don't think there will be any change in the emotions of the players, they have had a long time to get used to it.

Fella, you're talking as if this thing has just happened, in reality it's being going on for Plymouth for months. I don't think there will be any change in the emotions of the players, they have had a long time to get used to it.
They've bought a few players in havent they? Plus some wages getting paid may give them a lift. How many times were they written off on here last season and they went on to get some results, MK Dons and Shef Wed away are two that spring to mind.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Plymouth's players have got paid 40% of their wages for august.Therefore they will play tomorrow.But striker Feeney is on international duty as well as midfielder Hourihane.THey will be very limitated in their offense and I doubt they will cost any serious problems to the Burton defense.Burton themselves has all players available.Burton to win 2-0:ok

Plymouth's players have got paid 40% of their wages for august.Therefore they will play tomorrow.But striker Feeney is on international duty as well as midfielder Hourihane.THey will be very limitated in their offense and I doubt they will cost any serious problems to the Burton defense.Burton themselves has all players available.Burton to win 2-0:ok
Is that official now?

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Rotherham to beat Swindon 7/4 paddy power can't understand why rotherham are 7/4 here they are unbeaten in the league so far winning both away games , swindon have had a bad start only picking up 3 points in 5 games and find themselves just outside the relegation zone fancy rotherham to pick up the 3 points :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 3 September Aldershot v Cheltenham I'm a bit torn on this one:unsure Cheltenham delivered much fancied Crawley's first defeat last weekend whereas the Shots drew at Oxford and then went on to beat League 1 giants:p Carlisle in the Carling cup midweek. If you happen to read this Wiltshire what are your thoughts, did you see the match midweek by any chance? Would you be satisfied with evens for your boys? I think it might be a tad short. Any other constructive views welcome:)