** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September

Spooner

Saturday 3 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Carlisle United v Milton Keynes Dons (15:00 BST) 2.53 3.4 2.7 105.97 %
maximize.gif Chesterfield v Leyton Orient (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 4.3 97.11 %
maximize.gif Hartlepool United v Exeter City (15:00 BST) 2 3.4 3.71 106.37 %
maximize.gif Notts County v AFC Bournemouth (15:00 BST) 2 3.5 3.71 105.53 %
maximize.gif Oldham Athletic v Huddersfield Town (15:00 BST) 3.15 3.5 2.25 104.76 %
maximize.gif Scunthorpe United v Colchester United (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.17 106.41 %
maximize.gif Sheffield United v Bury (15:00 BST) 1.66 3.75 5.45 105.02 %
maximize.gif Stevenage v Rochdale (15:00 BST) 2 3.5 4.1 102.96 %
maximize.gif Tranmere Rovers v Yeovil Town (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.4 4.33 104.87 %
maximize.gif Walsall v Brentford (15:00 BST) 2.53 3.4 2.7 105.97 %
maximize.gif Wycombe Wanderers v Preston North End (15:00 BST) 2.86 3.05 1.96 118.77 %
Monday 5 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday (19:45 BST) 2.25 3.3 3.71 101.70 %

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Is there any reason why not to take Sheffield [email protected] at home ? Sheffield in good form so far - from 5 games in the league they have 4 wins and 1 draw and it looks like they are on a road to get back to the Championship. Newcomers of the league Bury on the other hand are in a little bit of a slump right now, losing last three games. Basically what we have is a championship team at home against League two side on road. The only thing what i can see as a minus is that Sheffield lost Jordan Slew and Daniel Bogdanovich in transfer window. But at the same time they have Porter and Cresswell upfront so I don't think they will miss so much Bogdanovich.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Hi there. I am new here by the way. I am backing Huddersfield this weekend away vs Oldham. Huddersfield have been playing a lot better the last two weeks after a pretty slow start to the new season, two straight wins at home vs Colchester and Wycombe and still unbeaten away in the league after two draws vs Hartepool and Rochdale. Oldham got hammered against Colchester last weekend away but are slightly better at home, 2-0 win against Rochdale last time at home. I think Huddersfield will do the job here and 2.25 is decent value.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Chesterfield v Leyton Orient - Under 2.5 Goals - 2.00 Victor Chandler Both these sides sit second bottom and bottom. Both are struggling for goals with the O's yet to score on their travels and Chesterfield only scoring 1 at home. I would say that neither have a proven goalscorer at this level in their side either reallly. With it being a bottom of the table scrap you also get the feeling that it will be a scrappy low scoring encounter and the price is too good to ignore

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September

Is there any reason why not to take Sheffield [email protected] at home ? Sheffield in good form so far - from 5 games in the league they have 4 wins and 1 draw and it looks like they are on a road to get back to the Championship. Newcomers of the league Bury on the other hand are in a little bit of a slump right now, losing last three games. Basically what we have is a championship team at home against League two side on road. The only thing what i can see as a minus is that Sheffield lost Jordan Slew and Daniel Bogdanovich in transfer window. But at the same time they have Porter and Cresswell upfront so I don't think they will miss so much Bogdanovich.
Bury sold Ryan Lowe and Mozika yesturday who between them have scored 5 out of there 6 league goals this season! Lowe was replaced with Shaun Harrod who cant even get in the Northampton side :unsure I went high stakes on Sheffield Utd Yesturday @ 5/6 with Bet365 before the price goes down, when i checked this morning its was 4/5. Good Luck :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Scunthorpe Utd V Colchester Utd Scunthorpe United -0.25 @ EVS (Betdaq) 3 Units Scunthorpe have put in some good performances so far this season but silly individual errors have let them down, mainly in defence. Tactically Knill is fairly sound and they have some talented forward players. They are much better than their 20th position suggests and I would expect them to acheive a top 10 finish for 2011/2012. They are yet to win in the league this season and I feel this is a good opportunity to take their first 3 points. I might add they beat Hartlepool 2-0 in the JP trophy on Tuesday and that should be a bit of a confidence boost with a victory and a much needed clean sheet. Knill has also just signed Damien Mozika from Bury which I think is a good acquisition in the middle of the park. He has also bought in Shane Duffy (defender) on-loan from Everton but he will not feature for this match due to international duties. Colchester on the other hand are comming off the back of a 1-3 defeat at home to Barnet in the JP trophy. I don't think we can read a massive amount into this as John Ward had rotated his team for the match but even so it's not a great result. Colchester are a fairly middle of the road League One side and acheived a 10th place finish last year which is not bad, but, I should point out they had the worst away record of teams that finished in the top half last season. A bit of value here I feel for backing Scunthorpe with some draw cover on the -0.25 AH widely available at 19/20 which I would be happy to take. Good luck to all.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Anyone have any thoughts on Brentford this weekend? I quite like 'em but aren't a League One expert, so any input would be good. Before anyone asks what my opinion is, I've looked at the stats and everything, but maybe need that little extra push, so I'm not being lazy :p

Is there any reason why not to take Sheffield [email protected] at home ? Sheffield in good form so far - from 5 games in the league they have 4 wins and 1 draw and it looks like they are on a road to get back to the Championship. Newcomers of the league Bury on the other hand are in a little bit of a slump right now, losing last three games. Basically what we have is a championship team at home against League two side on road. The only thing what i can see as a minus is that Sheffield lost Jordan Slew and Daniel Bogdanovich in transfer window. But at the same time they have Porter and Cresswell upfront so I don't think they will miss so much Bogdanovich.
I too will be on the Sheffield United wagon. Bury will strugle to replace the goals that Rowe has scored for them over past few years. Taking that into consideration plus the fact that the match is being played at United's ground I just can't see past a home win here. Goodluck All stanjames 4-6 Medium stakes :hope:hope:hope

Chesterfield v Leyton Orient - Under 2.5 Goals - 2.00 Victor Chandler Both these sides sit second bottom and bottom. Both are struggling for goals with the O's yet to score on their travels and Chesterfield only scoring 1 at home. I would say that neither have a proven goalscorer at this level in their side either reallly. With it being a bottom of the table scrap you also get the feeling that it will be a scrappy low scoring encounter and the price is too good to ignore
Tell me how many goals Jamie Cureton scored last year for Exeter......... No new signings for O's, I have a strange feeling that there will be goals in this one. Both defences do not look good.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Sheffield United to beat Bury 8/11 paddy power Sheffield united look to bounce back to the championship they so far are unbeaten and have won both games at home , bury have had a rough start collecting 7 points from 5 games , think sheffield united will have to much here and continue there unbeaten run :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Sport Football (England - L1) Event Sheff Utd vs Bury Selection Sheff Utd Strength 10/10 Date 03/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.80 Reasoning Cannot understand the odds in this fixture. Sheff Utd have won 4 and drawn 1 of their opening 5 games played so far this season. In comparison, Bury have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 2 games that they have played so far. These two teams have also met 3 times in the past in this exact fixture with all 3 of them ending with Sheff Utd winning. Bury have also looked bad in recent matches, and I think Sheff Utd should have enough in them to edge out a win.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Chesterfiled vs Leyton Orient Chesterfield won League Two and lost just 1 player in the summer: Craig Davies, best player sold to Barnsley. They are close now to have the worst start of the season since 1901 - that in case they will not win here. They got some new players inside like winger Mendy, Grounds, Johnson and Westcarr and for this match will welcome back Mattis and striker Lester. Leyton will miss defender Cuthbert and Spring. Striker Alex Revell was sold to Rotherham and they will start with Cureton and Mooney. Chesterfield should remember taht they were a real force last season at home and I expect first win here. Leyton is not the team that used to be last season. home -0.25 AH @ 1.95 with Canbet :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Notts County vs Bournemouth Bournemouth is a shadow of the team that impressed every one last year. Failing to win promotion they have been sold their best players and now they will be in relegation fights. Notts County is very dangerous at home and are hungry for points. They will welcome back the captain Bishop, midfielder Ravenhill and also striker Burgess. The absence of striker Hughes could be a problem in attack, but he is doubtful and there are some chances to play. Bournemouth got another bad news this week as striker Steve Lovell decided to retire as his injured ankle created huge problems in the near past. I do not think that Notts County will miss this chance of getting 3 points as Bournemouth is a depleted squad for the moment. home win @ 2.17 with 5dimes :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Stevenage vs Rochdale I am not one of these guys that are saying that Stevenage is the weakest in League One. They are a decent side and will stay for sure in the Legue One at the end of the season. Rochdale instead has been dissapointed ion this start of the season. They need badly here some points and I do think they have the strength of getting at least one. Both teams got improvements lately - new players. I believe that loaned midfielder from Peterborough - David Ball - and midfielder Benall from Manchester City, will boost the Rochdale squad. away +0.5 AH @ 1.91 with Instant Action Sports :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Any infos on Brentford? I've read there are plenty of injured players, striker Clayton Donaldson, winger Sam Saunders and defenders Shaleum Logan and Leon Legge, midfielder Toumani Diagouraga (knee) and winger Kirk Hudson (hip), will also be missing on-loan Celtic midfielder Niall McGinn, who is on international duty with the Northern Ireland squad. I am thinkin about Walsall HW.

Scunthorpe Utd V Colchester Utd Scunthorpe United -0.25 @ EVS (Betdaq) 3 Units Scunthorpe have put in some good performances so far this season but silly individual errors have let them down, mainly in defence. Tactically Knill is fairly sound and they have some talented forward players. They are much better than their 20th position suggests and I would expect them to acheive a top 10 finish for 2011/2012. They are yet to win in the league this season and I feel this is a good opportunity to take their first 3 points. I might add they beat Hartlepool 2-0 in the JP trophy on Tuesday and that should be a bit of a confidence boost with a victory and a much needed clean sheet. Knill has also just signed Damien Mozika from Bury which I think is a good acquisition in the middle of the park. He has also bought in Shane Duffy (defender) on-loan from Everton but he will not feature for this match due to international duties. Colchester on the other hand are comming off the back of a 1-3 defeat at home to Barnet in the JP trophy. I don't think we can read a massive amount into this as John Ward had rotated his team for the match but even so it's not a great result. Colchester are a fairly middle of the road League One side and acheived a 10th place finish last year which is not bad, but, I should point out they had the worst away record of teams that finished in the top half last season. A bit of value here I feel for backing Scunthorpe with some draw cover on the -0.25 AH widely available at 19/20 which I would be happy to take. Good luck to all.
FT 1-1, I can't legislate for a team playing half the match with 10 men, half of stake returned.

Sheffield United to beat Bury 8/11 paddy power Sheffield united look to bounce back to the championship they so far are unbeaten and have won both games at home , bury have had a rough start collecting 7 points from 5 games , think sheffield united will have to much here and continue there unbeaten run :hope
Looks like a few were on sheff utd :clap

Bury sold Ryan Lowe and Mozika yesturday who between them have scored 5 out of there 6 league goals this season! Lowe was replaced with Shaun Harrod who cant even get in the Northampton side :unsure I went high stakes on Sheffield Utd Yesturday @ 5/6 with Bet365 before the price goes down, when i checked this morning its was 4/5. Good Luck :ok
:nana

Chesterfield v Leyton Orient - Under 2.5 Goals - 2.00 Victor Chandler Both these sides sit second bottom and bottom. Both are struggling for goals with the O's yet to score on their travels and Chesterfield only scoring 1 at home. I would say that neither have a proven goalscorer at this level in their side either reallly. With it being a bottom of the table scrap you also get the feeling that it will be a scrappy low scoring encounter and the price is too good to ignore
Spot On:D

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Charlton to beat sheff wednesday 10/11 paddy power Charlton have started the season very well and another 3 points here could take them top of league 1 and on the basis of sheffield wednesdays away form so far loosing both games im going to go for charlton :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Hi , i am new here and this is my first post Charlton Athletic - Sheffield W Monday 05 Sep 20,45 Promotion candidate Charlton is on third place because both Shefield Utd and MK Dons won their games. Manager Chris Powell will be looking for victory to stay at top. Strikers duo Bradley Wright-Phillips (3g and 3as) and Payl Hayes (2g , 2as) are in good shape as well as midfielders Johnnie Jackson (3g,1as) , Scott Wagstaf (2g,1as) Danny Hollands (2as) and Dale Stephens. They play in the formation 4-4-2. 5 match - 4 win 1 draw against Scunthorpe and win against Reading in the Carling Cup. Sheffield bring striker Ryan Lowe from Bury . Lowe scored 7 times , 4 in the league and 3 in Carling cup and i expect to see him in attack together with Gary Madine (3g,3as) and Clinton Morrison. Sedgwick,Pruton,Lines, are in the midfield. Last match ends 2-2 so I expect an open game with at least 3 goals. Prediction - ower 2,5 @1,85 local odds

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September ime going for charlton at about evens with most bookies,for the simple reason sheff wed knocked me out of a good bet last week,that r/sole megson didnt tell us he was subbing two of his 1st team squad in the early part of the game,i think the j.paints rules you must play 6 first teamers.that why i hope charlton hammer them.his reason was ive a important game against charlton on monday,hope it backfires on him and thats not been nasty.:@

Hi , i am new here and this is my first post Charlton Athletic - Sheffield W Monday 05 Sep 20,45 Promotion candidate Charlton is on third place because both Shefield Utd and MK Dons won their games. Manager Chris Powell will be looking for victory to stay at top. Strikers duo Bradley Wright-Phillips (3g and 3as) and Payl Hayes (2g , 2as) are in good shape as well as midfielders Johnnie Jackson (3g,1as) , Scott Wagstaf (2g,1as) Danny Hollands (2as) and Dale Stephens. They play in the formation 4-4-2. 5 match - 4 win 1 draw against Scunthorpe and win against Reading in the Carling Cup. Sheffield bring striker Ryan Lowe from Bury . Lowe scored 7 times , 4 in the league and 3 in Carling cup and i expect to see him in attack together with Gary Madine (3g,3as) and Clinton Morrison. Sedgwick,Pruton,Lines, are in the midfield. Last match ends 2-2 so I expect an open game with at least 3 goals. Prediction - ower 2,5 @1,85 local odds
lowe will probably partner madine with ben marshall on the wing semedo and prutton centre mid with one of palmer/sedgwick/lines on the other wing

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League One > 3-5 September Sport Football (England - L1) Event Charlton vs Sheff Wed Selection Over 2.5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 05/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.91 Reasoning Both Charlton and Sheff Wed have played 5 league games so far this season. For Charlton, 4 out of 5 of those games have ended Over 2.5 Goals. For Sheff Wed, 3 out of 5 of those games have ended Over 2.5 Goals. Both sides are high scorers and also leak goals at the back, it has got to be the overs for me in this fixture.

Sport Football (England - L1) Event Charlton vs Sheff Wed Selection Over 2.5 Goals Strength 10/10 Date 05/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.91 Reasoning Both Charlton and Sheff Wed have played 5 league games so far this season. For Charlton, 4 out of 5 of those games have ended Over 2.5 Goals. For Sheff Wed, 3 out of 5 of those games have ended Over 2.5 Goals. Both sides are high scorers and also leak goals at the back, it has got to be the overs for me in this fixture.
+1 at this, 1.9 seems like excellent value for over 2.5 here.

lowe will probably partner madine with ben marshall on the wing semedo and prutton centre mid with one of palmer/sedgwick/lines on the other wing
Liam Palmer will not be available as the youngster is away on international duty with Scotland Under-21s, as they face Bulgaria in their European Championship qualifier. From Sheffield W official website