Sign in to follow this  
bastia

Greece > Super League > 2011/12

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012

AEK Athens Vs. Kerkira Pick: AEK Athens -1 @ 11/10 (William Hill) AEK: Position 3rd (22 points) Kerkira: Position 14th (6 points) Reasoning: AEK are hosting a weakened Kerkira side today. Kerkira are without 2 defenders, one of their best strikers and a goal scoring midfielder. I could not find any info for AEK team news. But I feel Kerkira are weakened enough to be no problem to AEK at home. AEK are unbeaten at home. They have conceded 2 goals in 5 home matches and scored 9. My Stats: In 5 picks: +31 units Good luck: Post some feedback! :hope:hope:hope
1-0 Final result! Slightly unfortunate. AEK were dominating the game. Also had 3 penalty shouts not given. Ah well was a close one.

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Aris vs Panathinaikos Away side has been lately in a great form and the results are proving it. Winning to PAOK, Wanthi and drawing to Panathinaikops is never easy and they have done it. In fact they are undefeated on away games, with 2 draws and 4 wins. Aris is on relegation battle, a big delusion! The games have been very tight always between these two with Pao winning 1-0 regularly. away -0.5 AH @ 2.05 with >Pinnacle Sports

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 A "somewhat early" pick on the Greek 1st division match scheduled for Wednesday, 07/12/2011: Doxa Dramas - OFI: AW @ 1.85 (Interwetten) 6/10. I will continue fading Doxa Dramas, a team that does not have the quality to be in the Greek 1st division, as explained in an earlier post. The relevant issues: - Doxa is indeed very weak, having not been reinforced since it was decided (early this fall, by the court) that it would play in the 1st division. Indeed, at the moment, it would be a good 2nd division team. - The Doxa players must also be suffering from fatigue, this being their 4th match in 15 days, a schedule to which they are not so accustomed. Add the strange end of the last season (the 2nd division playoffs took place late in July), which made a proper summer training impossible. - No home advantage for Doxa, as they play in Thessaloniki, rather than in Drama, in a big stadium (capacity of ca 30k spectators) that will be empty. - OFI made it to the 1st division last summer, via the playoff matches. Unlike Doxa, it strengthened its squad; and it is now at the 7th place, trailing teams that have played 1 or 2 more matches. This is a match that they must win, to achieve their season aims (staying away from the relegation zone, finishing high in the middle of the table). - Last year, for the 2nd division, OFI won 10 points in 4 matches with Doxa (reg season and playoffs). In the end, I expect Doxa to play ultra-defensively, as they have been doing so far (for a score of 0-9 in 4 games). But OFI appears to have enough firepower (15 goals in 10 games, 7 goals in 5 away games) to win the match. At the initial odds, of over 1.90, I would have suggested a high stakes bet. However, the odds dropped quite quickly, so, only a bet at normal stakes. GL! ;)

Doxa Dramas - OFI: AW @ 1.85 (Interwetten) 6/10.
0-1 FT :ok OFI scored a goal in the 1st half, following an error by the Doxa goalkeeper. Thereafter, it controlled the game, securing the victory rather easily. Obviously, it was not the most exciting match to watch... Some early thoughts for next weekend: I like Panathinaikos, at 1.75 (BWIN), against Panionios, a team that is getting closer and closer to bankruptcy and that will be missing one of its most important players (Riera). I also like Erotelis -1.25 AH (at 1.90, Pinnacle), against Doxa Dramas; and Olympiakos -1.25 AH (at 2.02, 188Bet), against Kerkyra. But these choices are somewhat risky, because of the handicap, which is tricky, given that the opposing teams will adopt very defensive tactics throughout the match. Some of the other matches are also interesting; but I need to think more about them. I will try to write tomorrow or on Friday. :)

0-1 FT :ok OFI scored a goal in the 1st half, following an error by the Doxa goalkeeper. Thereafter, it controlled the game, securing the victory rather easily. Obviously, it was not the most exciting match to watch... Some early thoughts for next weekend: I like Panathinaikos, at 1.75 (BWIN), against Panionios, a team that is getting closer and closer to bankruptcy and that will be missing one of its most important players (Riera). I also like Erotelis -1.25 AH (at 1.90, Pinnacle), against Doxa Dramas; and Olympiakos -1.25 AH (at 2.02, 188Bet), against Kerkyra. But these choices are somewhat risky, because of the handicap, which is tricky, given that the opposing teams will adopt very defensive tactics throughout the match. Some of the other matches are also interesting; but I need to think more about them. I will try to write tomorrow or on Friday. :)
What do you think of Erotelis to win to nil @ 1.91 w/ William Hill?

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 A quick update: Although the odds for Panathinaikos have decreased to ca. 1.65, there is still some value in them. This is not so much because of the quality of Panathinaikos, which, in my opinion, has been somewhat exaggerated by the Greek press; but rather because of the problems of Panionios, which is in the process of "downsizing", releasing expensive players (Estoyanoff, possibly Kumordji; others to follow) and its coach (Lemonis). Plus, Panionios is going to miss some important players (Riera, Omo, Jonnson). For Olympiakos, at ca. 1.40, one might think that the value is in the side of Kerkyra, because of Olympiakos' absences (primarily in the midfield) and fatigue (the CL match against Arsenal being the last of a series of consecutive games). However, Kerkyra (1-1-3, 6-11, home record) is not solid enough to take points from the championship favorite. Plus, Olympiakos has already lost a match to a low tier team (Asteras Tripolis); repetition is quite unlikely. Ergotelis, now at a. 1.40, has become somewhat tricky, as Doxa has changed its coach. The new person in charge (Katsiavakis) is more experienced than its predecessor. Even though the team material remains too poor and the fatigue from the consecutive matches accumulates, I expect some improvement. (Well, to be fair, the team cannot get worse.) But I will be very much surprised if the new coach produces results rather away. For Asteras Tripolis v Aris, I cannot say much. Aris has been quite unpredictable, since it changed its coach: a difficult victory against OFI, succeeded by a bad defeat from Panionios, before an impressive victory against Panathinaikos. The team is still in the process of being redesigned, so, I would think of this match as no bet. Finally, I was thinking about Panaitolikos +0 AH, earlier this week, when the odds were ca. 1.75. This was because OFI did not really impress against Doxa midweek. However, Panaitolikos is coming from three defeats in a row (well, all of them from teams expected to finish higher), so, I am not sure what to expect. Again, no bet, especially at the current odds. To conclude, at the moment, I would bet: Panathinaikos, at 1.65 (various books), 6/10 Parlay: Olympiakos x Ergotelis, at ca. 1.90 (various books), 4/10. (As an alternative, obviously, one can combine all these suggestions in one parlay; or just any subset of them.) Let me add that, for Olympiakos and Ergotelis, I would avoid any handicap beyond -1, as Oly is quite tired from the heavy schedule while Ergotelis is not one of the teams accustomed to pushing for a convincing victory. Finally, Ergotelis to win to nil, at 1.80 at the moment, suggested by martin239, cannot be bad. Not only has Doxa failed to score a goal so far in the championship; but even the number of chances it has missed remains very low. And a new coach is likely to strengthen the defense first, before he attempts to improve the offense. Ciao, M. :hope PS: If you bet "Ergotelis to win to nil" at WH, I think that it is better to dutch the scores 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 (at 5.50, 5.50, 8.00), with a small cover (to return the money) for 4-0 (at 15.00); the effective odds are over 1.90.

To conclude, at the moment, I would bet: Panathinaikos, at 1.65 (various books), 6/10 Parlay: Olympiakos x Ergotelis, at ca. 1.90 (various books), 4/10. (As an alternative, obviously, one can combine all these suggestions in one parlay; or just any subset of them.)
A profitable day: :cheers Panionios v Panathinaikos: 1-2 FT Kerkyra v Olympiakos: 0-4 FT Ergotelis v Doxa Dramas: 2-1 FT A summary of the action: Panathinaikos did not play so well in the 1st half, so, Panionios' lead was not a surprise. Things changed completely in the 2nd half, with Panathinaikos scoring two goals and missing chances for a third one. Overall, not as easy as I thought. As the score line suggests, Olympiakos faced no problem. Unlike what I had expected, Kerkyra was too light, not as committed to defense as (Greek) teams at this level are typically. At the moment, Kerkyra is considered the second worst team in the Greek top league. Ergotelis started with a lot of energy, scoring an early goal and missing chances for a second one. Thereafter, they were content to control the game, until Doxa scored from a direct foul kick. In the 2nd half, Ergotelis needed to sweat a bit; but it got the three points. Overall, Doxa appeared better than in previous matches; but Ergotelis won more easily than the scoreline suggests. (I am only unhappy for the goal of Doxa. But "win to nil" bets always run the danger of such goals, against the run of the play.) In the other two games: Asteras won 1-0 against Aris, quite easily. It was a good idea to avoid this game; indeed, Aris remains quite unreliable. Panaitolikos won 1-0 against OFI, with the visitors missing good chances to tie the match. Looking forward to the next week. Still waiting for the odds, I hope that there will be quite a few good bets. :ok

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Greek "Super" League bets for this weekend: - Xanthi v Panionios: Xanthi @ 1.80 w Interwetten (7/10) Panionios has been releasing players in an effort to deal with its financial problems, so, it has become very good fade material. This weekend, it will travel to Xanthi with many (and very important) absences; on the other hand, Xanthi has no problems. Add the fact that Panionios' good results away from home have been against teams in the lower half (or third) of the standings. Perhaps the bet of the weekend in Greece - I only fear that it has become a public bet. - Levadiakos v Ergotelis: Levadiakos -0.25 AH @ 1.92 w Landbrokes (5/10) Levadiakos has surprised positively, fighting in all matches it has played so far other than that against Olympiakos, last Wednesday, in which quite wisely the coach rotated the squad to rest some players. This match is like a 6-pointer, one of the "should-win" matches in Levadiakos' calculations to avoid relegation. With a complete team, they expect to fight hard in a very tight match up. Ergotelis, with important absent players (Budimir, Koutsianikoulis, Wisio, Oliseh), is very weak away from home. (For this match, one may want also to bet on under 2 goals @ 2.00 w 188Bet; or on precise scores 1-0, 2-0, 0-0, 1-1 and 0-1. Levadiakos is not exactly a team that will push to extend a lead.) - Panathinaikos v Asteras Tripolis: Panathinaikos HT/FT @ 1.73 w Paddypower (3/10) Considerable difference in quality between the two teams, Panathinaikos (which has no significant absences) should win this game. (Asteras will be missing Perrone, Bartollini and Rogerio, all regulars.) Still, I do not like the -1.75 AH at ca 2.05, so, I will risk on the HT/FT bet. The Panathinaikos' coaching team has expressed its concern about starting slowly in the last couple of matches; so, it is quite likely that the players will try to start with more energy and score a goal early. - Doxa Dramas v PAOK: PAOK only to score @ 1.70 w William Hill (3/10) I have commented on Doxa in the past, on how below par the team is. Last week, with a new coach, they appeared to be improved; they even scored their first goal in the league, albeit from a direct free kick. On Sunday, they face PAOK, in Salonika (where PAOK is based) and not in Drama, without any real home advantage. Obviously, PAOK is the big favorite, despite the fatigue (too many matches in the last three months); but I would not suggest a -1.25 AH. Even though PAOK is not as tight in the back as it used to be with its past coaches, Doxa has only one goal in 6 games, including games against much weaker teams. - Olympiakos v PAS Giannina: Olympiakos -1.75 AH @ 1.81 w Pinnacle (5/10) Olympiakos can finally concentrate on the Greek league, now that its CL matches are over. In addition, the team has had a rest, as the last two matches (against Kerkyra and Levadiakos) were really a walk in the park, with the action being over by half time. Some players are expected to return. Giannina, on the other hand, have been playing bad; last match, their new coach stated that he would have liked to change 8 players after 30 minutes. The coach change is likely to produce a shake-up; but it will take some time before it has positive effects. Overall, in the last match at home before the christmas break, I expect an enthusiastic performance from the Greek champions. - Atromitos Athens v AEK: Atromitos +0.25 AH @ 1.81 w Pinnacle (5/10) AEK has really surprised me. Despite all problems (financial problems, many injured players), they have been performing well, with the youngsters delivering, and scoring one win after another. Still, I am not that much impressed, as their opponents were either too weak (Giannina, Kerkyra) or unmotivated (Sturm, for the EL). Atromitos is definitely better than the recent Greek opponents of AEK. In addition, it faces no serious problems (only Sfakianakis is reported doubtful); and it is quite strong at home, with a 4-2-0 record (albeit against weak teams, in tightly contested matches). Finally, there may be some extra motivation for the home team, because of the cup final last season and Donis' earlier work as AEK coach. Overall, I think that the game is a 50-50% affair. So, at these odds, I will make a call for Atromitos. For this match, I also like another bet: - Atromitos Athens v AEK: Both to score @ 2.05 w William Hill (3/10) Most AEK matches have involved quite a few goals, unlike those of Atromitos. Given the defensive weaknesses of AEK (and the quality of some Atromitos attackers), I expect the home team to score at least once. In addition, Atromitos has conceded against weaker teams, like Levadiakos and Panionios. So, at these odds, this bet looks good - and in some ways, it complements nicely the main bet on this match. - Aris v Panaitolikos: No Bet Under its new coach, Aris has had both impressive (against OFI and PAO) and disappointing performances (against Panionios and Asteras). Indeed, the guy has shaken the squad, so, one does not know what to expect this Sunday. I would definitely not back Aris at such low odds; and Panaitolikos is not to be trusted either, especially away. - OFI v Kerkyra: OFI @ 1.84 w Pinnacle (4/10) AND under 0.5 @ 9.00 w Unibet (0.5/10) Of course, OFI is the favorite against one of the weakest teams in the Greek top league, in a "shoild win" match for the team from Crete. However, OFI has been on a downtrend lately; indeed, its performances against Doxa and Panaitolikos were mediocre, producing rather little in the offense. So, I am somewhat worried about OFI failing to score against a team that tends to play very defensively away (and has achieved 0-0 results against difficult opponents). Eventually, I take the HW bet at low odds along with a side bet that will return the money in case Kerkyra holds out. Notice that one player will be missing for each team, Tavlaridis for OFI and Kontodimos for Kerkyra. (Let me add that one may consider bets like OFI only to score (2.50 at William Hill), OFI to keep a clean sheet (1.75 at William Hill), under 2.25 (at 1.80, verious books). The idea is clear, Kerkyra doesn't score much, OFI doesn't concede easily at home.) Finally, a "sucker" parlay: - Panathinaikos x PAOK x Olympiakos, @ 1.97 w William Hill (3/10) As explained above, it will be a very big surprise if any of these teams fails to win. Hopefully, we will make money. GL! :hope

Event Levadiakos - Ergotelis
Selection Levadiakos
Strength 10/10
Date 17/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 2.30
Reasoning Levadiakos is in a must win situation as they only got six points so far in the season. they are in the relegation zone and they prepared this game carefully, resting some players last week against the giant Olympiakos. They have no injured or suspended players and can't loose points at home. Ergotelis is in a safer place but today they will count with several absences, some them important, like Olise, Vichy, Budimir or Koutsianikoulis. Levadiakos use to get positive results when receiving Ergotelis and they just can't miss the three points here.

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Xanthi - Panionios Xanthi are 6th placed just 2 points less than 4th placed Atromitos. Xanthi is showing nice football and is having good run of 4 straight wins, followed by draw in last round. They managed to kept 4 clean sheets in these matches and in one of them at home managed to smash with 3:0 exactly the 4th placed team Atromitos. Xanthi recorded 3-2-1 here, losing only from Panathinaikos in goal festival with 2:3. They got quality and experienced squad and I see class difference between them and their opponent today Xanthi played well against Panionios last season, making draw at home and winning with 0:2 on the road. Panionios got huge financial problems and their best players are leaving the squad, or got injuries, which will affect on their performance for sure. Panionios won only once in their last 9 league games, recording 5 loses. They missed to score in 5 of these last 9 matches and I expect problems for them against such solid defense as Xanthi got. I expect home win here Xanthi to win 1.73 @ Coral

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Xanthi vs Panionios Greece Super League, Time 19:30 Let's take a closer look this match, turn to the statistics of personal meetings. Personal meetings: 09.01.11 Panionios - Xanthi 0:2 (0:2) 12.09.10 Xanthi - Panionios 1-1 (0-1) 07.03.10 Panionios - Xanthi 3:0 (2:0) 08.11.09 Xanthi - Panionios 1:2 (0:1) 03.01.09 Xanthi - Panionios 0-0 (0-0) 31.08.08 Panionios - Xanthi 0:1 (0:1) 02.03.08 Xanthi - Panionios 1:2 (1:1) 11.11.07 Panionios - Xanthi 3:2 (0:1 ) 18.03.07 Xanthi - Panionios 1:1 (1:0) 20.12.06 Panionios - Xanthi 0:1 (0:1) ... last time Xanthi beat Panionios at home was back in 2006. Xanthi before this match occupy the 6th position with 18 points and are likely to fight for getting into the playoffs zone. Xanthi at home very difficult opponent. Of the 6 games the team won 3 of them, once they drew and lost twice, to - AEK (3:4) and Panathinaikos (2-3). Xanthi - last matches: 10.12.11 Xanthi - Levadiakos 1:1 (0:0) 04.12.11 Doxa Dramas - Xanthi 0:2 (0:1) 27.11.11 Xanthi - Atromitos 3:0 (2:0) 20.11.11 Geanina - Xanthi 0:2 (0:1) 06.11.11 Xanthi - Corfu, 1:0 (0:0) Panionis, this club is on 10th place with 13 points. Away game quite successful. In 6 games, the team scored 2 wins, 3 draws and one lost. Scored 5 goals and received only two. But here are the results have been mixed. Thus, from one of two victories over one of the outsiders Corfu (3-0), which occupies 15th place. But could not beat Doxa (0-0) 16th place, and Levadiakos (0-0) 14th place. Panionios defeated with only Asteras (1:2) Panionis - last matches: 11.12.11 Panionios - Panathinaikos 1 2 (1:0) 04.12.11 Levadiakos - Panionios 0:0 (0:0) 27.11.11 Panionios - Aris 2:1 (1:0) 20.11.11 Doxa Dramas - Panionios 0:0 (0:0) 05.11.11 Panionios - OFI 1:3 (0:2) Another interesting detail. Odds to win Xanthi last two days have fallen sharply, and on the exchange Betfair from almost 154 000 euros (to win Xanthi) were added more than 150 000 euros :lol Its choice in favor of Panionios with the asian handicap +1 Reccomended: Panionios (+1) Alternative Asian Handicap @ 1.70 Bet365 With regards, Abdelmalik Safin - Russian Football Expert tipping on the World's Best Betting Forum, The Punters Lounge Russian Football 2011/12 Thread on the PL Forum uePCg.png

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 A quick update with the three matches played today:

- Xanthi v Panionios: Xanthi @ 1.80 w Interwetten (7/10) 1-0, +5.60 :) - Levadiakos v Ergotelis: Levadiakos -0.25 AH @ 1.92 w Landbrokes (5/10) 0-1, -5.00 :sad - Panathinaikos v Asteras Tripolis: Panathinaikos HT/FT @ 1.73 w Paddypower (3/10) 3-1 (1-0 HT), +2.19 :)
Overall, a good start, with a profit of +2.79. Some remarks about the games: In the match of Xanthi, the visitors were much stronger that I had expected, despite their numerous absences. Still, Xanthi scored in the first half; and pretty much controlled the game until its end. Obviously, it was not a very exciting affair. Especially, the home team should have tried to achieve a clear score against an opponent facing so many problems. Unless Panionios is not as weak as I think. The match of Levadiakos was a very strange one. Ergotelis finished the first half leading 1-0, via a "funny" own goal, despite Levadiakos playing better. Throughout the match, there was a very strong wind. At the 55th minute, the lights went off and the match was interrupted for over half hour. After the game restarted, Levadiakos was not able to to threaten the opponents; on the contrary, Ergotelis might have scored a second goal. Finally, Panathinaikos entered the game energetically, as it was expected; and it scored a rather early goal. Thereafter, chances were missed by both sides; it was indeed surprising that no more goals were scored in the first half. The same picture describes the second half (in particular, Asteras gave a lot of trouble to the Panathinaikos defense); until Panathinaikos scored a second goal, after a corner kick. A third goal followed; and finally, Asteras scored a much deserved consolation goal. Unless Panathinaikos improves its defense, no match is likely to be easy. Looking forward to tomorrow's games! :hope

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Sport Football (Greece) Event Olympiakos - Giannina Selection Over 1.5 HT Strength 10/10 Date 18/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.50 Reasoning Olympiakos for sure can score 2 goals in first half of this match, I see huge value in this odds. Olympiakos not play in European Cups and think only about Greece league in this moment. Last two matches played on away, both won 4:0 and two times laeding 3:0 after half time. In previous season leading 2:1 after half time.

- Doxa Dramas v PAOK: PAOK only to score @ 1.70 w William Hill (3/10) 0-2 FT, +2.10 ;) - Olympiakos v PAS Giannina: Olympiakos -1.75 AH @ 1.81 w Pinnacle (5/10) 2-0 FT, +2.025 ;) - Atromitos Athens v AEK: Atromitos +0.25 AH @ 1.81 w Pinnacle (5/10) - Atromitos Athens v AEK: Both to score @ 2.05 w William Hill (3/10) 1-0 FT, +1.05 ;) - OFI v Kerkyra: OFI @ 1.84 w Pinnacle (4/10) AND under 0.5 @ 9.00 w Unibet (0.5/10) 0-0, +-0.00 :zzz - Panathinaikos x PAOK x Olympiakos, @ 1.97 w William Hill (3/10) Won, +2.91 :cigar
A very good day, with a profit of 8.085 units, for a total weekend profit of 10.875 units. :drums :cheers Quick comments about the games: PAOK scored two goals in the first half; and thereafter controlled the game easily, without facing any danger. Doxa remains very weak, it will surely relegate. A rather sad story. Olympiakos played very well in the first half, mcreating many opportunities and scoring two goals. In the second half, the team was quite mediocre, sitting back and trying to counter-attack. Nothing really happened, the first half score did not change. Allow me to say, without any intention to provoke, that AEK finally showed its lack of quality; indeed, heroics cannot work in the long run. In today's match, Atromitos was never worse; and its victory is not be a surprise. In the first half, there was nothing worth remembering. In the second half, Atromitos was denied a penalty (the referee changed his decision after first calling it); but few minutes later scored (with the referee not calling a handball by an Atromitos player). Following the goal, the match became interesting, with AEK missing a couple of chances. In the end, a fair result. Finally, in the OFI match, one might say that Kerkyra was the better team in the first half. But OFI dominated the second half pressing for a goal, which never came. Good result for the visitors. A couple of matches, involving Levadiakos and Doxa, will be played on 28/12; but the next full match day will be in 2012. In the meanwhile, most of the Greek "Super" League will have its Christmas break. Enjoy! :cigar

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Giannina - OFI Crete: Giannina @ 2.26 (Titanbet) 10/10 Giannina resumes league matches in 2012 on the back of a terrible run of 6 matches (0-1-5). This led to a coaching change and the hosts will have the experienced Angelos Anastasiadis as their new coach. Giannina has proven difficult to defeat at home (2-3-1 record). In the last three matches where Giannina has hosted OFI Crete they have kept three clean sheets with 2 wins and 1 draw (2-0, 0-0, 1-0). OFI Crete ended 2011 in a poor manner. The guests haven't won in three matches (0-1-2 record) and failed to score in those matches. Giannina finds OFI in a bad state and with the confidence of the coaching change has a good opportunity to begin 2012 with a win. The match will be probably be tight but a narrow home win is worth the bet at the given odds.

2011/2012 Greek Super League Table
Overall Home Away
POS TEAMPWDLFA WDLFA WDLFA GDPts
1 right_arrow.gifOlympiakos 14 10 3 1 35 12 5 2 0 17 5 5 1 1 18 7 23 33
2 up_arrow.gifAEK Athens 15 9 2 4 22 16 6 2 0 12 3 3 0 4 10 13 6 29
3 down_arrow.gifPanathinaikos 12 9 2 1 29 14 5 0 0 16 5 4 2 1 13 9 15 29
4 right_arrow.gifAtromitos 13 6 5 2 14 13 5 2 0 9 4 1 3 2 5 9 1 23
5 right_arrow.gifPAOK Salonika 14 6 4 4 20 13 4 2 1 11 4 2 2 3 9 9 7 22
6 right_arrow.gifFC Xanthi 14 6 3 5 20 15 4 1 2 14 9 2 2 3 6 6 5 21
7 right_arrow.gifOFI Crete 15 5 5 5 16 14 3 2 2 8 4 2 3 3 8 10 2 20
8 right_arrow.gifErgotelis 14 5 3 6 15 18 4 2 1 11 7 1 1 5 4 11 -3 18
9 right_arrow.gifPanionios 15 4 4 7 14 17 2 1 5 9 14 2 3 2 5 3 -3 16
10 right_arrow.gifPanetolikos 12 4 3 5 10 14 3 1 2 6 5 1 2 3 4 9 -4 15
11 right_arrow.gifAris Salonika 13 3 5 5 11 13 2 3 2 8 6 1 2 3 3 7 -2 14
12 right_arrow.gifAsteras Tripoli 13 3 3 7 7 17 3 3 0 5 1 0 0 7 2 16 -10 12
13 right_arrow.gifGiannina 13 2 5 6 12 18 2 4 1 7 6 0 1 5 5 12 -6 11
14 right_arrow.gifLevadiakos 8 2 3 3 5 9 1 1 2 1 5 1 2 1 4 4 -4 9
15 right_arrow.gifKerkyra 12 1 4 7 7 19 1 1 4 6 15 0 3 3 1 4 -12 7
16 right_arrow.gifDoxa Dramas 9 0 2 7 1 16 0 1 3 0 5 0 1 4 1 11 -15 2
Champions League: 1st Champions League qualifying: 2nd Europa League: 3rd , 4th Relegation: 14th , 15th , 16th Moved Down Moved Up Remained Key - POS: Position, P: Games Played, W: Wins, D: Draws, L: Losses, F: Goals Scored, A: Goals Against, GD: Goal Difference, Pts: Points

Wednesday 4 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Kerkyra v Aris Thessaloniki (13:00 GMT) 3.6 3.2 2.4 100.69 %
maximize.gif PAE Ergotelis v Skoda Xanthi (13:00 GMT) 2.5 3.15 3.5 100.32 %
maximize.gif Panetolikos v Panathinaikos (15:15 GMT) 5.4 3.55 1.84 101.04 %
maximize.gif PAOK v Levadiakos (15:15 GMT) 1.34 5.4 15 99.81 %
maximize.gif Olympiacos v Atromitos Athens (17:30 GMT) 1.25 7 17.5 100.00 %
Saturday 7 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Asteras Tripolis v Panetolikos (15:15 GMT) 2.32 2.94 3.05 109.90 %
maximize.gif PAE Ergotelis v Panionios GSS (15:15 GMT) 2.08 2.94 3.65 109.49 %
maximize.gif Levadiakos v AEK Athens (17:30 GMT) 5 3.17 1.74 109.02 %
Sunday 8 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Aris Thessaloniki v PAS Giannina (13:00 GMT) 1.64 3.23 5.52 110.05 %
maximize.gif Atromitos Athens v OFI Crete (13:00 GMT) 1.93 3.13 3.8 110.08 %
maximize.gif Skoda Xanthi v PAOK (13:00 GMT) 3.71 2.95 2.03 110.11 %
maximize.gif Panathinaikos v Kerkyra (15:15 GMT) 1.03 1.25 1.03 274.17 %
maximize.gif Doxa Dramas v Olympiacos (17:30 GMT) 13.5 5.9 1.04 120.51 %

Event Ergotelis - Skoda Xanthi
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 04/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.13
Reasoning After the Christmas pause, the escitation is back to SuperLeague. Ergotelis and Skoda Xanthi are in similar form. Both are in a climbing way. Ergotelis won three of the last four games while Skoda Xanthi is unbeaten in the last six games. The hosts will miss oine of their most experienced and creative player, the Argentinian Diego Romano, while Skoda Xanthi has a full fit squad for today's game. I think the two teams will not risk too much and looking to the two teams defensive records, it will be a closed game wuthout no clear favourite. Like this, the most expectable result to me is a draw in this game.

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Panetolikos - Panathinaikos: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.66 (Stan James) 10/10 Panetolikos was promoted to division 1 this season. The host team is in 10th place with 15 points and a below average form in the last 8 matches (2-2-4). Panathinaikos is in 2nd place with 29 points (2 games in hand) and with very good form (6-1-1). Panathinaikos is contending for the title and should be able to defeat a ream with meaningfully inferior roster that hasn't indicated any great performance thus far. However, I am concerned by the fact that Panathinaikos' main offensive threats, Letto and Quincy (16/29 team goals), will both be missing for this match. I believe Panetolikos will play very defensively against a top flight team like Panathinaikos and the guests may find it difficult to break the hosts down with the offense compromised. Hence, the under 2.5 goals is a safer bet, I believe. Ergotelis - Xanthi: Draw @ 3.10 (William Hill) 10/10 The teams are very similar in quality and performance thus far. Ergotelis is in 8th place with 18 points and Xanthi is in 6th place with 21 points. Ergotelis is difficult to defeat at home (4-2-1) while Xanthi is undefeated in the last 6 matches (5-1-0) and has kept 5 clean sheets. Ergotelis has a meaningful home advantage but this may be balanced by Xanthi's good form and solid defense. The draw is definitely worth a bet given the match dynamics. Kerkyra - Aris: Draw @ 3.12 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 Three out of the four last encounters between these teams ended in a draw. Aris hasn't lost to Kerkyra in the H2H, but the guests have a poor away record (1-2-3) and have scored only 3 goals in 6 matches. Kerkyra is in 15th place with a poor home record (1-1-4) and really needs points but I don't see them as being particularly able. In the end I can't see either team winning this match and the draw becomes the most likely result.

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Panathinaikos(PAO) is playing today without Leto.best player this seasson for PAO and top scorrer for the clup.Without him PAO is not the same team.I also see here under 2,5 goals but i also see PAO not wining today in agrinio.:hopeOlympiakos today is a good bet,not only to win but win with a handicup of 1 or 2 goals....1,72-2,95 on Bwin....my betting today....:hope l

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 ergotelis-panionios:Well....what do panionios and greece have in commen? Well..the both bankrupt....What ever the are going to do,next year there will play in the 2 division.Simpel like that.Fans know it players know it,everybody knows it.No strange fact that a lot of them already went.The fact that there won last week was a miracle,and miracles dont happen every week.....Ergotelis on the other side is a small clup in greek standars,but there are a dissent clup.Players are getting pay on time and the make a dissent living from football.If this is to continue next year,...well:drums........the must WIN.

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Asteras Tripolis - Panetolikos: Asteras Tripolis @ 2.37 (Stan James) 10/10 Asteras has collected all its points from home matches (3-3-0 record) given that they have the worst away performance (0-0-7) with no points collected. In 6 home matches Asteras has conceded only 1 goal and defeated top flight teams PAOK (4th) and Olympiacos (1st). Panetolikos has a below average away performance (1-2-3) and a negative goal differential (4:9 goals). Panetolikos will have a few meaningful missing players for this match and confidence may be a bit tarnished given that they let a 1-0 win slip in the 94' against 2nd place Panathinaikos in the last match. Asteras should win here. Ergotelis - Panionios: Ergotelis @ 2.00 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Ergotelis lost in the last match at home against Xanthi (1-2) after taking a 1-0 lead. Panionios defeated, at home, poor travellers Asteras Tripolis (2-0) in the last match. Ergotelis is a sound home team (4-2-2) record and it is difficult to see them being winless in 2 back to back matches. Panionios is without a win in its last 5 away matches (2-3-2 overall record) without scoring a goal in its last 3 away matches. Panionios has had roster issues given the team's financial and administrative problems. Ergotelis is a solid team which should win here at acceptable odd.

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Xanthi-paok: New area for paok.Without kondreas and VIEIRINHA (its like liverpool without GERRARD and caroll)and away against a verry strong team at home....Hmmmmmmmm........Players are funny persons some times. the like to proof everybody wrong.Like the can live without them and the dont need them.Is paok now a better tem?probably no.Will the win today?probably no.Will the score?YES will xanthi score?YES....my bet for today.goal/goal.

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Aris-giannena(PAS): Aris fans hate 2 things.Paok and players from paok.Well the manager from PAS Anastasiadis is a former player for paok a fan of paok and former manager for paok.Figure it out how much love will be today in the stadium.One the other side the feelings are mutual.Anastasiadis will dope his players with shit like religion-god and cuntry(yellow cards-red cards-master card)...Nobody is going home today undil we score.simpel like that.score or die.my bet?....goal/goal.....

Re: Greek 1st league 2011-2012 Excellent @Maudit got support... @doxa :welcome Panatinaikos v Kerkyra PAO have all won at home and still "must win" cause they're behind Oly and AEK, especially since played a draw in the last round. Now will be stronger for Leto (top scorer) and have no important absences, and that's a big boost for them. On other hand, Kerkyra still don't have victory away from their stadium and is unlikely to improve that today. They scored only 8 goals in 13 games and regular midfielder Kontodimos is injured. Guess this will be a convincing home win so I attempt... PAO (-2) @2.75 Paddy Power 2/10