** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The US Open 2011

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 My first picks for US Open: Kevin Anderson - Go Soeda | Anderson -5.5 1.7@orakulas 8/10! This line you probably will not find in any bookies, except the alternative bets. The main line is -6.5, but my local bookie offers -5.5 that i just can't miss. Of course the odd is 1.7, because of that i will try to bet more money on it. Well let's quickly share some thoughts about this match. Kevin is steady and very talented young tall guy from RSA, recently showed some good results, he won against the scot Andy Murray in Montreal, and then lost to Stan in 3-seter. Soeda is typical japaneese player , no serve at all and very brainless player. In my eyes Kev have a great oppoturnity to start it out very strong today. By the way the only meeting between theese was back in 2010 LA challanger where Kev won 6-3 6-3 :hope Tomas Berdych - Romain Jouan | Berdych -8.5 1.7@Orakulas 6/10! Again my local bookie did "succesfull " job here. Nothing more to add here. We all saw what Tomas is capable of, and if not that injury vs Nole, i think he could put up a clinic for No1, but it is what it is. Tomas is enormous player, very hard to break him, and especially when you have 223 ranked player on the other side, with no experience at all at ATP. I think Tomas has nasty thoughts in his mind to go deep this year, fast win and then a rest and rest to keep body fresh all week long ... i would not be surprised if Berdych will win one set 6-0, this is probably the best bet i saw in my eyes when i saw the handycaps, but i was more satisfied to see it -8.5 @ Orakulas. gl :hope Philipp Petzchner - Albert Ramos | Petzchner -7 1.9@bet365 6/10! Like we all know spaniards are not created for hard court game. While Philipp is, he has a good serve, and always keeps the oponent mentaly weak by coming it to the net. He won this year ATP title in germany. Have not played lot in US series, but should close it out here quickly as Albert is really strugling at hardcourts, and have not played there for a while. :hope gl

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011

Sport Tennis
Event Radwanska - Radwanska
Selection Over 18.5
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85
Reasoning Wow, what a low line. Radwanskas sisters on the court. Both girls in last US Open losing in second round, both have points to defend. H2H before this match is 1:1. Agnieszka is in very hot form, candidate for the big result at this tournament. Urszula won Q, all matches in straight sets. In my opinion three sets for Agnieszka!

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Hi guys, 1 pick for the US Open: K. BONDARENKO TO DEFEAT HRADECKA @ 1.5 on pinnaclesports Bondarenko is a great player when she is healthy and in-form playing both powerfully and consistently. Was a world no.1 junior and a lot of good results in the past years on WTA tour. After an injury she had a few good hard court tournaments including semifinals in Dallas last week (losing to Lisicki). Hradecka is out-of-form with 7 losses in her last 7 matches.

fishy25' date= what u think about Shtepanek and Montanes today ?
Haven't looked into either match in any detail. Atko has covered both matches so that should be where to look rather than me. I tend to stay away from Kohlschreiber matches thoug, never know what you will get with the German. If I had to call it I'd back Stepanek based on current form and the fact he dominates the head to head but as I say, I generally stay away from Kohlschreiber matches. The Monty-Kukushkin affair is another I really don't know what will happen. Montanes is the better player, but hasn't had much practice on the surface whereas Kukushkin has, albeit at challenger level. Just the perfect match to avoid in my opinion.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Nadal to win 4th Quarter. 1.66 @ Sporting Bet While he has not been in great form in the past couple of tournaments, Nadal will be delighted with his draw here. With the likes of Ferrer, Almagro, Roddick and Melzer being the seeded players in his quarter, there is nobody that Nadal should be afraid of. I expected this price to be a lot lower than the 4/6 currently being offered by Sporting Bet. Murray to progress further than Federer. 1.83 @ Bet365 Federer has not been in particularly great form recently having been blown off the court by the power play of Tsonga and Berdych. He has a few tricky matches in his quarter of the draw with potential opponents of Cilic, Tsonga or Fish awaiting him. Even if he gets through to the semis, he has the more difficult opponent in Djokovic. After a poor defeat against Anderson in Montreal, Murray improved to win in Cincinnati and looks to be peaking at the right time. He has a fairly straight-forward route to the quarter-finals, where he could face a tricky match against any of Isner, Soderling or Del Potro. However, if he is playing well, he would be strong favourite against any of them and would be fancied to progress against Nadal in the semis as well. Just feel that Murray should be a little shorter here. Berdych to progress further than Soderling. 1.81 @ Pinnacle Soderling has not played any warm-up matches on the hard court and has not played since winning in Bastad back in early July. There are still questions about his physical condition and he has not come out with the easiest draw here, with in-form John Isner a potential third round opponent and Del Potro a possible fourth round draw. On the other hand, Berdych looked impressive in Cincinnati, despite struggling a little with a shoulder problem. He blew Federer off the court with his power hitting and had Djokovic in problems before he was forced to retire. Tipsarevic is a potential third round opponent and Monfils in the fourth round and he would be confident of knocking those two off. Agnieszka Radwanska to win 3rd Quarter. 7.0 @ Bet365 Radwanska has been in sparkling form in the hard court swing so far, winning in Carlsbad and reaching the semi-finals in Toronto, despite struggling with a shoulder problem. She would not have been too disappointed to lose in the second round in New Haven, giving her some additional time to recover. She will likely have to beat Kvitova and Sharapova to win the quarter, but I personally don’t really rate Kvitova on the hard courts and although Agnieszka would be an outsider against Sharapova, I would consider her at these odds.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Haven't had a chance to look through the women's matches properly, but a couple from the men's side that have caught my eye today. Fognini -5.5 to beat Zeballos. 1.92 @ Pinnacle Two predominantly clay court players, but Fognini has shown enough on the hard courts in his past couple of matches to suggest that he has the quality to beat the likes of Zeballos with relative ease. He put up a brave performance against Tsonga in Montreal, before beating a very poor Troicki in Cincinnati. Zeballos played one hard court challenger tournament back in Brazil, losing in the second round, but beyond that has only played four matches on the hard since losing in the first round of the US Open last year. I can’t see Fognini losing more than one set, and really I expect him to come through this in straight sets and cover the handicap. Berdych -9.5 to beat Jouan. 2.05 @ Bwin Before coming through qualifying here, Jouan had only ever won one match on the hard courts and has now still only played seven matches at challenger level and above on the surface. This match has the look of a complete mismatch in quality. Berdych has been in good form recently, beating Federer in style and worrying Djokovic before retiring with a shoulder problem. It is difficult to see any way that Berdych will be broken and it would be no surprise to see at least one 6-0 or 6-1 set in this match that should set him on his way to covering the handicap. Malek Jaziri to beat Thiemo De Bakker. 2.1 @ Stan James De Bakker has been poor in recent months on his preferred clay court in the challenger level, culminating in an awful performance in his defeat to Peter Gojowczyk in straight sets in Manerbio last week. He has only won one match on hard courts in the past 12 months and is clearly not at home on the surface. Jaziri came through qualifying here and has a quarter-final and semi-final on the hard courts in challengers so far this year. He is in good form having reached the final of the challenger in Samarkand two weeks ago, and here on his preferred surface, he has an excellent opportunity to win his first ever Grand Slam match at his first attempt. Dudi Sela to beat Thomaz Bellucci. 2.75 @ Stan James Bellucci is not particularly comfortable playing on the hard courts. His wins on the surface this year have tended to come against other lower ranked clay courters, and struggling when he comes up against players that are more comfortable on the surface, as has been seen in his defeats to the likes of Bogomolov, Blake, Hernych and Baghdatis. Dudi Sela is no longer the player that used to be in the top 30 in the world, but he is happy playing on this surface. With two challenger titles on the hard to his name this year as well as a handful of other semi and quarter-final appearances, he will fancy his chances at an upset and a glamour match against Roger Federer in the second round.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Gonna play a number of bets today, some already covered by the lads so not gonna go crazy with write-ups. Monfils vs Dimitrov OVER 34.5 games @ 1.72 (Bet365) Monfils should get the job done here but he has a tendency to do things harder than expected. Dimitrov is talented but hugely inconsistent, however he has the firepower to trouble Monfils here. One sloppy set from Monfils and the bet should be won, hopefully good Dimitrov turns up today. Anderson -6.5 games vs Soeda @ 1.752 (Pinnacle) Tough match-up for Soeda, he's done well to qualify but this is another step up and he may have alot of problems getting into Anderson's service games. Kev beat him 3 and 3 in a challenger event earlier this year on hard surface, I expect him to control this match aswell and the h'cap is achievable. Berdych -9 games vs Jouan @ 1.833 (Pinnacle) Can see a good 3 set win for Berdy here and provided he's OK after that little injury in Cinci, he should dominate this match. Jouan is an average journeyman, had a kind qualification route but should be stopped here. Zvonareva vs Foretz-Gacon UNDER 17 games AH @ 1.714 (Pinnacle) Can see an easy win for Zvonareva here, should dominate this match-up, Foretz is very average and had to beat crap Naomi Broady in the final qualifying round which she did in 3. Would expect Vera to be a few levels above her opponent today. Dushevina vs Sevastova OVER 20.5 games @ 1.971 (Pinnacle) Headcase meets out of form player in this one. Dushevina probably deserves to be favourite, she can be quite good on hard court and she has got a couple of wins on hard this month over Rezai, Hercog....but she also likes a choke, not someone I'd back to win a match easily. Sevastova has been out of form since her run at the Oz Open, but got a few wins last week in Dallas beating Tanasugarn and Arvidsson, OK nothing great but a start. Overs for me. Best of luck to all.

I'll also make two early selections in R1. No handicaps as yet ... - Ivan Dodig v Nikolay Davydenko @ 2.25 with Pinnacle 4/10 Reverse the odds and I think you get a fairer reflection of what could happen. I think Davydenko is living on name only. He's lost the bite in his strokes but more importantly, his serve is a mess. He's easy pickings for even the most average returners on a hard court. Some of his losses this year have been grim, epitomised by losing to Stakhovsky only a few days ago. Dodig is a nasty R1 opponent. He's had a breakthrough year, beat Nadal on this surface and has the power to hit through the frail-looking Russian. Moreover, he has a bigger serve, and is more likely to hold with ease. The Davydenko of old would perhaps merit such favouritism, but this isn't that man. Dodig is playing well, and is more than capable of winning. I'd make him favourite so keen to strike early with the price is hot.
Couldn't agree more, one that caught my eye instantly Davydenko was walloped by Fish by memory in the last fortnight. No disgrace losing to Fish, far from it, but to lose 6-2 6-0 in what I think that was his last match before this Grand Slam was pretty pathetic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Thanks for the tips Dory! I took Dudi Sela to beat Thomaz Bellucci. & Malek Jaziri to beat Thiemo De Bakker Put them in a 5 fold with Fedeer, Nadal, Roddick with odds of 4/1. The Sela match was very close 6/4 6/2 down first two sets then won 6/4 6/2 6/0 :beer Cheers Dory.

Got a ridiculous number of bets but seeing plenty of things that I like. Keeping stakes low to begin with. - Radek Stepanek -3.5 games v Philipp Kohlschreiber @ 1.877 with Pinnacle 4/10 Generous line on the Czech. He's beaten Kohlschreiber four times to the German's one, including a 6-4 6-0 drubbing on the clay this year. When you consider Stepanek won Washington and did well in the other North American events, I feel he could be a wee bit of a player this week. His serve is operating well and his net play and general game seems to get under the skin of players. Kohlschreiber's been a wreck this year. Two coach changes and a real lack of direction. It's a shame, because he has talent, but he only brings it to the table on rare occasions. Over five sets, I really can't see him beating Stepanek unless he changes something. Small line for the Czech to cover. - Tomas Berdych -9 games AH v Romain Jouan @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 2/10 R1 matches often throw up mismatches and that's what I see here. Jouan has qualified but didn't have to beat a great deal to get here. He's predominantly a clay challenger player and I think he's going to struggle with Berdych's power game. The Czech was looking good in Cincinnati and I reckon he'll be fit and ready to go deep in this event. He went out in R1 last year so plenty chance to get some points. Jouan is a nice R1 opponent, and I think he'll do it comfortably. - Janko Tipsarevic -8 games AH v Augustin Gensse @ 1.826 with Pinnacle 2/10 Another match where I see a clear gap in quality. Tipsarevic was really playing well in Montreal and Cincinnati before he picked up a foot injury. He's a very good player on his day with lovely strokes and good variation. Gensse's been doing fine over the summer in Challengers, but the Serb is a big step up. He did well here last year, beating Roddick, and conditions definitely suit. I thought the line would be higher than eight games so happy to fire. - Albert Montanes -3 games AH v Mikhail Kukushkin @ 1.980 with Pinnacle 2/10 Montanes has got a lot to defend here, having made R4 last season. He's not a wonderful hard court player but he's got more consistency than Kukushkin, who tends to do his best work indoors. I prefer Montanes here because he's got a little more skill and nous than the Kazakh, who tends to be a ballbasher from the back of the court. Montanes has more variety, and that could win the day. He beat him back in 2008 on clay. I think he can do so again here, and three games is not a big line to cover. - Grigor Dimitrov +6.5 games v Gael Monfils @ 1.833 with Pinnacle 2/10 Nasty draw for Monfils here. Dimitrov is hugely erratic but he's also very talented and raises his game for the big players. He took Tsonga very close at Wimbledon and has all the shots, it's just a question of stringing them together. Monfils very rarely wins easily in Slams. I can remember at SW19 him being taken close by Zemlja and losing to Kubot, and in previous US Opens, he's been tested by Kendrick and Gil. He may well win but I think it'll be very close indeed. He's not the sort of man to generally pummel an opponent in best of five. - Santiago Giraldo +9 games AH v Roger Federer @ 2.15 with Pinnacle 2/10 Not for one minute suggesting the Colombian can beat Federer, but the Swiss really isn't at his best. His North American swing was very average by his standards, and I don't think he's sweeping his opponents by with the swashbuckling style that he used to display. Of course, there's a danger he could, but I think Giraldo will put up some resistance. He likes hard courts and has power locked away in his forehand - he could hit through the Swiss. Line seems a bit big to me and price even more so, considering Federer appears to be cruising through matches these days. I'll give it a go. - Dudi Sela +4.5 games v Thomaz Bellucci @ 1.943 with Pinnacle 2/10 Bellucci, in my eyes, is ripe for an upset. He really hasn't kicked on from Madrid this year and isn't totally comfortable on a hard court. He reminds me of a young Berdych in the way he doesn't construct his rallies - every shot is an individual moment, rather than a piece in the jigsaw. Sela's a nasty wee bugger because he's gutsy, he'll have a following in New York and he plays with a lot of variation. His serve can let him down but so can Bellucci's. Think he'll run the young Brazilian really close. - Ryan Harrison +4.5 games v Marin Cilic @ 1.99 with Pinnacle 2/10 I can't imagine Cilic will have been too chuffed when he saw this draw. Cilic hasn't really hit the heights we all thought he would and his year has been unspectacular at best. Crashed out of Roland Garros to Ramirez-Hidalgo in R1 and hasn't done well in the other Slams. Harrison's a big hope in America. He's got a lovely array of shots but can go missing and makes points more complicated than they should be. I think he can beat Cilic but it's more likely he'll compete well with the Croat. Nasty tie for Cilic, and Harrison's worth a shot on this line. - Juan Monaco -4.5 games v Andreas Seppi @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 2/10 I question Seppi's preparation in this one. Retired four games into his match with Del Potro and really hasn't done much since winning Eastbourne. These two players are quite similar. Neither plays with much power and both are vulnerable on serve. Monaco, for me, has more ability and doesn't tend to go mentally missing as much as Seppi does. The Italian can go for games without having a tangible impact on court. Monaco made R3 of Winston-Salem and is a battler. H2H is 1-1, and I think Monaco has enough over Seppi to cover the line. - Kevin Anderson -6.5 games v Go Soeda @ 1.877 with Pinnacle 2/10 Find it hard to see Soeda get much change out of the big South African. Anderson's been very solid this year, improving his groundies to go along with his big serve. He'll fancy his chances of taking out the Japanese, who does very little in his occasional forays on to the main tour. He's another who I can see falling apart if Anderson builds up a lead, which I expect him to. - Under 32.5 games in Philipp Petzschner v Albert Ramos @ 1.943 with Pinnacle 2/10 This will only be Ramos' second ever competitive match on a hard court, and with Hurricane Irene killing practice time, I can see Petzschner having an easy time against the Spaniard. He's good enough on clay but I don't think his movement and footwork will be conducive to a quicker court. Petzschner is also an abrasive player - loves to come in and dominate the net. His attacking play should be too much for the Spaniard. Think he'll get the job done in under 32 games. :hope
Stepanek d. Kohlschreiber 6-4 6-1 6-3 :ok Berdych d. Jouan 6-2 7-6 6-1 :ok Tipsarevic d. Gensse 6-2 7-5 6-0 :ok Kukushkin d. Montanes 7-5 6-2 3-6 7-6 :( Monfils d. Dimitrov 7-6 6-3 6-4 :ok Federer d. Giraldo 6-4 6-3 6-2 PUSH Sela d. Bellucci 4-6 2-6 6-4 6-3 6-0 :ok Cilic d. Harrison 6-2 7-5 7-6 :( Monaco d. Seppi 7-6 6-2 6-2 :ok Anderson d. Soeda 6-1 6-3 6-0 :ok Petzschner d. Ramos 7-5 6-7 6-3 6-7 6-3 :( All in all, a lovely start to the Open. Plenty of winners across the forum so well done all!

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Nice work Atko, 3/5 for me y'day and a couple of customary 1st round accumulators worked for me aswell. Monfils/Dimitrov was quite competitive but he really needed the tie-break, just fell short of the overs. Took a few last night and looking at the women now aswell.

How bad was Federer last night by the way, still won at a canter as Giraldo was brutal, but worrying display from Fed. Usually would write it off but he's been underwhelming for a good while now.
Didn't see the match mate but he's lost a bit of his aura and bite. He's got a decent route to the QFs but really can't see him winning it unless he ups his game.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Hugely frustrating day yesterday with Giraldo falling one game short on the handicap and Harrison having plenty of chances against Cilic to take at least one set. Petzschner needed 5 sets to beat Ramos incredibly and despite a tie break in the first set, Dimitrov couldn't cover the overs. However Karlovic and Fish covered their handicaps comfortably. Those results give me -11.74 for day one of the slam, when it could have been so much better. Think that was very much Atko's day with some very good calls indeed, and perhaps a tiny bit of fortune with a couple of the bets, but a winning bet is a good bet ;). Onto today then, and going to be a bit more conservative with the bets, and hopefully claw back the losses of yesterday. 5 in total, and taking my first couple of bets on the women's side of things. Donald Young vs Lukas Lacko- Young -5 game handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Lacko has only made it into the main draw as a lucky loser after Ilhan beat him easily in the final qualifying round and this season, he just hasn't been able to carry on his impressive results from the ATP events of last year. He's been playing alot of challenger events without great success it must be said and of late he has lost to some very average opponents. Young will be sky high on confidence right now after perhaps a season he could have only dreamt of. He made the semis a few weeks back in Washington and the third round of the masters in Indian Wells earlier in the year where he beat Murray. His confidence, put together with some home support should see him past an out of sorts Lacko here and win this with a bit to spare in my opinion. Nicolas Mahut vs Robert Farah- Mahut -3.5 game handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Just feel this line is half a game too short for what is on offer. Neither players have had superb seasons but Mahut has got that extra experience and quality which should be enough for him to win this one. He is better than what his ranking suggests on the quicker courts with his big serve and ability at the net and he has managed to be competitive against Mardy Fish back in Atlanta and beat Berankis before that which is a decent result. Farah seems to have his best results on the clay, and although he has qualified, a couple of the matches have been fairly lengthy 3 setters so he may not be 100% for today. When he's faced an opponent of decent quality this year he has really struggled, as we can see through Tomic, Falla and Kavcic beating him easily. The handicap is low enough that even if Mahut drops a set, he can still cover it, and he will look to pick up some point here after not making the proper draw last year. Jarkko Nieminen vs Fernando Verdasco- Tie Break in Match- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Don't see either of these players running away with the match and it should be fairly tight for the majority. Verdaco should win it in the end, but Nieminen has a decent serve and won't be easy to break with the angles he can get with his lefty serve. Verdasco has been extremely hit and miss in matches this year, and we saw against a really under par Nadal, how Verdasco couldn't close the match off. The Spaniard may suffer from a touch of rustiness at the start of the match and Nieminen should keep it close so we may well see a close set which goes to a tie break. And a couple for the women. Bojana Jovanovski vs Serena Williams- Over 16.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) They always set this line when Jovanovski plays one of the top players and I really don't understand it. I rate her quite highly and I expect to be a top 20 player at the very least in the next 12-18 months. The hard courts is where her game is the most effective as she can hit through most of the women on the tour and surprise them with her power and hit a fair share of winners. At the start of the year she got to the semis in Sydney, beating the likes of Pennetta, Rezai and Kanepi. She then took a set of Zvonareva at the Australian Open, and a few weeks back in Toronto troubled Sharapova in the second set. In Toronto Zheng and Safarova managed to take sets off the American and then Hradecka put in a good show in Cincinnati before Williams pulled out before her match against Stosur, and given her injury woes of the past couple of years I'm doubtful if she'll be at her best straight away this week. The line is just too low for me, and if Jovanovski doesn't win at least 5 games, I'd be surprised. Anna Tatishvilli vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova- Pavlyuchenkova- 5.5 game handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Pav hasn't been at her best in recent weeks but she managed to win a couple in New Haven which should give her a bit of confidence for Flushing Meadows. She didn't go into last year's slam in great form but she eased her way to the fourth round and Im backing her to do something similiar this year. The hard courts are very much her preferred surface and she already has a semi appearence and a tournament win in Monterrey to her name this season. Tatishvilli does well against players of similiar quality but she will have to play extremely well to cope with Pav on a hard court. This is the first time she's qualified for the first round at Flushing Meadows so she'll pick up some points no matter what the result but Pav will want to play well to gain form for the next couple of weeks and I see her winning comfortably here like she did in their previous meeting where the Russian won 6-1 6-2.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 G'day guys, I'm far from a tennis expert, but I keep a lazy eye on the sport and have a vague idea of who is in form, etc. Despite this I'm still looking to have a few cheeky punts on tonights action. The following markets have caught my eye. Let me know what you think? I can't really provide a detailed reason for backing these markets, since I'm no expert, but they are choices based on gut feel, and I suppose the reputation of each individual player over the past few years? J-W Tsonga v Y-H Lu - J-W Tsonga (-8.5) @ 1.70 Davydenko v I Dodig - N Davydenko @ 1.83 M Youzhny v E Gulbis - M Youzhny @ 1.72 N Djokovic v C - Under (26.5) Match Games @ 1.70 All bets with Sportsbet. :ok

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Kavcic to bt Ljubicic @2.73 Pinnacle The odds are dropping on Kavcic. The main reason for this bet is the fact that Ljubicic has problems with back since week 31, has not played much on hard this year, and in this couple of matches he did he has awful record. Blaz is finalist from Karshi challenger (hard) two weeks ago and his game is more suited to hard than Ivan's. He did beat Kevin Anderson in AO this year, so he should be able to take care of tired Ljubicic. Gulbis to bt Youzhnyi @2.12 Pinnacle Hard to tell why Youzhnyi is favourite in this match. Actually, H2H is 2-1 for Ernest, both wins coming from 2010. Well, Youzhnyi is semifinalist from last year, but Youzhnyi's game dropped alot since then, while Ernest finally started to get good result (won Los Angeles one month ago beating Fish in the final). So the only thing that could worry me is how Gulbis will perform in the Grand Slam format. Last time he won Grand Slam match was in 2009. But I trust him that his new coach (Guillermo Canas since July 2011) prepared him well for this US Open.

Stepanek d. Kohlschreiber 6-4 6-1 6-3 :ok Berdych d. Jouan 6-2 7-6 6-1 :ok Tipsarevic d. Gensse 6-2 7-5 6-0 :ok Kukushkin d. Montanes 7-5 6-2 3-6 7-6 :( Monfils d. Dimitrov 7-6 6-3 6-4 :ok Federer d. Giraldo 6-4 6-3 6-2 PUSH Sela d. Bellucci 4-6 2-6 6-4 6-3 6-0 :ok Cilic d. Harrison 6-2 7-5 7-6 :( Monaco d. Seppi 7-6 6-2 6-2 :ok Anderson d. Soeda 6-1 6-3 6-0 :ok Petzschner d. Ramos 7-5 6-7 6-3 6-7 6-3 :( All in all, a lovely start to the Open. Plenty of winners across the forum so well done all!
Super stuff buddy, keep them coming

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 David Ferrer - Igor Andreev | Andreev +7.5 1.8@bet365 6/10! The line is just to high i think. Despite Ferrer named clear fav here Igor can give him a hard time for sure. Ferrer rested himself all Jully, have not played till very late tournament in Cincy. Where he lost to Simon in 3-seter. This isn't the best spaniard surface, and because of he played just in one tournament after the Wimbledon, i will pick the russian. Interesting fact that thouse two have met 8 times with , and the scroreline is 4:4. Igor proved that he can play in high level, that last tournament @ Wake Forest showed that he can beat Melzer, where he served pretty well. The hard is that surface where Igor could cause some problems to David, and with line like +7.5 i'm picking it for sure. Edouard Roger-Vasselin - Gilles Muler | Muler -3 1.9@bet365 6/10! Strange thing -3.5 and -3 is the same 1.9 odd. Like bet365 is countinuing their weird things in seting the handycaps. Gilles had a good start of US open series where he won against Kevin Anderson, alex the Jr, Ginepri, of course this list doesn't tells anything at all, but the fact that he came with Fish and ISner and managed to pull it in a tie-breaker tells that Muler is in some good shape, he has that lefty serve power, and creating angles everytime. The only thing that vories that he's a bit mentally poor. I can't forget last time i bet him vs Nishikori, he had served for the match 30-0 up and lost that game to let Kei come into the game with 5-5 and then lost it. But looking at this objective, Gilles should be very hard guy to break, and -3 game handy is just eratic, he could still win it with droping a set. :hope gl

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 :welcome:welcome:welcome Sport Tennis Event Soler Espinosa - Date Krumm Selection Soler Espinosa Strength 10/10 Date 30/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.75 Reasoning Silvia Soler Espinosa is my bet. I put money on this girl in Ladbrokes, because this is book where play retiretment is not void, this is win bet. Espinosa play in first grand slam main draw in career, big moment for him. Espinosa play very good three matches in Q. Very good from the baseline and stable on the serve. Kimiko Date Krumm not played in last time and have injury problems, this is old women - over 40 years.. Espinosa in three sets. Sport Tennis Event Marino - Dulko Selection Marino Strength 10/10 Date 30/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.40 Reasoning Rebecca Marino is my favourite in this match. Rebecca is gifted girl, in this season, broken TOP40 ranking and have potential to be TOP20. Dulko in this moment is out of TOP50 and never been in TOP25. In last year at US Open Rebecca show very good tennis, won Q, go to the second round where out against Williams after two close sets. The biggest weapons is serve. In this pair Marino is favourite, not Dulko. :drums

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Sport Tennis Event Wozniacki - Vives Selection Wozniacki -8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 30/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.75 Reasoning Caroline Wozniacki can not lose more than 3 games in this game. Wozniacki is in good shape, won tournament in New Heaven in last weekend. Wozniacki want make first grand slam title in US Open. I see similar result like Zvonareva-Foretz yesterday(6:3, 6:0). Vives is girl who feel good on clay only, not have too much experience on hard courts. Serve is poor. Any chances against Caroline. 6-1, 6-1. Risky bet, but very value. Sport Tennis Event Youzhny - Gulbis Selection Youzhny -1.5(SETS) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 30/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.30 Reasoning Mikhail Youzhny win this match 3-0 or 3-1. Youzhny defending many points from last year, in last US Open grand slam go to the QF. If not beat Gulbis today out from TOP30. I can't image Youzhny lose in first round. This player have very good record at New York courts, every year making nice results. Gulbis have problems at grand slams, who remember Gulbis win at Grand Slam? I no.. Youzhny go to the next round. Sport Tennis Event Lacko - Ypung Selection Lacko +5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 30/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.20 Reasoning Lukas Lacko can be very hard opponent to beat for Donald Young. Slovakian player played in Q here, won first two matches with very good style. In third match tanked against Ilhan because know about LuckyLoser chance.. Young for me is MUG. Too much hype for this 'skills'. Only one advantage before this game is home soil. Lacko is big server and take set or more here minimum. Sport Tennis Event Muller - Vasselin Selection Muller -2.5(SETS) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 30/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.05 Reasoning Gilles Muller is be able to win this match in three sets. I don't know why but I feel straight sets win for this player. Muller is big server, left hander. In 2008 played in QF at US Open. In last months showing good form and unbreakable serve. Vasselin is nothing special, out of TOP100. Muller can not give a single break points for Vasselin... Muller 7-6, 6-3, 6-3. Big value in Pinnacle odds. Sport Tennis Event Dancevic - Ilhan Selection Dancevic Strength 10/10 Date 30/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.35 Reasoning Frank Dancevic is very good player, with good skills for the TOP75. Canadian player have more experience on hard courts than Marsel Ilhan. Players more matches in career on this surface. Both players won Q before this main draw match, but Ilhan been lucky, Lacko tanked against him in last match. Dancevic serving very well in every game and looked strong. Odds are too high on Dancevic win, I see more close chance to win for this player. :cheers

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Yesterday Fognini -5.5 to beat Zeballos :( Berdych -9.5 to beat Jouan :) Malek Jaziri to beat Thiemo De Bakker :) Dudi Sela to beat Thomaz Bellucci :) Decent start yesterday with three out of the four coming in. Fognini won in four, but failed to cover the handicap, which was a shame, but hopefully can find a few more winners today: Marsel Ilhan to beat Frank Dancevic. 1.75 @ Sporting Bet Marsel Ilhan came through qualifying in impressive style, winning all three in straight sets and not even facing a break point against either Vincent Millot or Lukas Lacko. He has had a good year on the hard courts, reaching the main draw at Miami, Indian Wells and Cincinnati and will be looking to continue his good form by reaching the second round of the US Open as he did back in 2009. He has good memories of that day, becoming the first Turkish player to win a match at a Grand Slam tournament. Frank Dancevic also came through qualifying, but needed three sets against both Fritz Wolmarans and Bradley Klahn. Despite this, he did only drop 13 points on serve, suggesting that the serve is working well. However, it is his lack of matches in the past few months that is the worry. This is his first tournament since Wimbledon after being refused a wildcard for his home tournament in Montreal and deciding not to play in the challenger in Binghamton. Three of the last four tournaments he has played have been the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open, leading to questions as to how seriously he is taking his tennis at the moment. Muller v Roger-Vasselin Over 40.5 games. 1.94 @ Pinnacle Normally I would be loath to take a line this high, but I can see this being a long and tough match with at least one tiebreak. Gilles Muller is a big server, who is difficult to break. He memorably took Rafa Nadal to two tiebreaks at Wimbledon, and has actually played at least one tiebreak in 12 of his past 14 completed matches. He has good memories of the US Open after his run to the quarter-finals in 2008 and this will be his first return since then. Edouard Roger-Vasselin is a decent enough server and has played a number of tiebreaks in his matches this year. Not as big a server as Muller, but he will fancy his chances to hold serve relatively regularly and although I don’t see him winning the match, he could easily take at least a set of his opponent. If there are a couple of tiebreaks, this line could even be covered in four sets. Gisela Dulko -2.5 to beat Rebecca Marino. 1.83 @ Bet365 Gisela Dulko is still returning from the injury that kept her out through the summer, but is beginning to show signs that she is getting back to her previous level. She lost a tight match to Hantuchova in Toronto and took a set of the in-form Shuai Peng in Cincinnati, but the most encouraging signs came when she hammered Jovanovski in Dallas for the loss of only three games. Her serve was almost unreturnable and she was hitting the ball beautifully. Rebecca Marino has been in pretty dire form recently. Straight sets losses in recent weeks to Scheepers, Makarova and Kirilenko will hardly have boosted her confidence. She is a player that relies a lot on her serve, but when that has been letting her down, she is struggling badly. She has won only two matches on hard court on the WTA circuit this year and I would be relatively surprised if she made it three today. Marinko Matosevic +3.5 to beat Juan Ignacio Chela. 2.04 @ Pinnacle These two played at Wimbledon, where Chela won in four sets. However, on the hard courts, Chela has been pretty poor in recent times. He has only two wins this year and has lost to Ryan Harrison and Vasek Pospisil in the current American hard court swing. He is very much a clay court player and his ranking is reliant on good results on the dirt making up for his lack of results on the hard courts. When Matosevic lost at Wimbledon, he admitted that he couldn’t have played much worse, having hit 83 unforced errors in the four sets they played. Despite that, he did take a set off Chela and his recent victory over the returning Berankis and good performance against Bogomolov will have boosted his confidence. Whether he can go on and win this match remains to be seen, but he will fancy his chances of winning at least a set and I think he can cover this small handicap. Reka-Luka Jani to beat Sloane Stephens. 3.3 @ Victor Chandler Small stakes on this one, but Jani has surprised me so far in this tournament. Having expected her to lose in qualifying, she has battled her way through to the main draw, beating some decent opponents to get here. She does not have any great weapons, but will make her opponent play a lot of shots to win each point and can frustrate them if their temperament is questionable. Sloane Stephens is one of the hopes of American tennis and has had a couple of decent results lately. However, her standout victory over Julia Goerges is overestimate somewhat as I don’t particularly rate the German on the hard court and against Petkovic, despite a decent first couple of games, she was very poor and her body language and temperament was very disappointing. There will be plenty of pressure on her and she will have to hit a lot of shots and there is a chance that she could lose her cool a little if things stop going her way.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Very good round yesterday, but fear today may be trickier. Anyway, here goes ... - Carlos Berlocq -4.5 games v Pere Riba @ 1.84 with Pinnacle 2/10 Very winnable match for Berlocq and I think the line is just about right too. Berlocq's actually had a very good year and was decent in America during the spring Masters. He's got a nice game, solid off all wings, and is a battler. Riba, for me, prefers clay. He's not been in the States over the summer, focussing on European clay challengers. Doesn't have a great pedigree on this surface. He's no mug, but I expect Berlocq to have a bit more on the evidence of this year's performances. - Frank Dancevic +2.5 games v Marsel Ilhan @ 2.08 with Pinnacle 2/10 This ought to be a close affair. Dancevic is at home on North American courts and has the game to do some damage against Ilhan. He's a big server and is a very aggresive player, and certainly could be higher in the rankings if he played more regularly. Ilhan's threatened to break into the top 100 regularly but hasn't done so. He's inconsistent, especially on serve. Both men came through qualifiers and this should be a very close match. Happy to side with the Canadian, who I priced as slight favourite, on a plus. - Mikhail Youzhny v Ernests Gulbis @ 1.813 with Pinnacle 2/10 Hummed and hawed over the overs but in the end, I fancy Youzhny to win this. Could be a really good match but only if Gulbis turns up. His problems of playing early in the day have been well-documented - he doesn't sleep until 3/4am (he's admitted this) and prefers playing at night time. This match is scheduled for 11.30am. Youzhny has semi-final points to defend so I expect him to be highly motivated. He normally does well at Flushing Meadows and has the experience to see his through this match. Could be a rollercoaster as Gulbis has been playing better, but the Latvian often flatters to deceive. The Russian for me. - Gilles Muller -3 games AH v Edouard Roger-Vasselin @ 1.877 with Pinnacle 2/10 The Frenchman actually leads the H2H 2-1 but I fancy Muller here. He's a former quarter-finalist and enjoys the conditions. Against weaker returners, and I'd class Roger-Vasselin as one, he very rarely gets broken with his big lefty serve. Roger-Vasselin is just that little bit too inconsistent for me and often goes wanting when the pressure is on. I don't see him getting a look-in on Muller's serve and that could be the difference here. The handicap isn't big and allows for a dropped set. - Nicolas Mahut -4 games AH v Robert Farah @ 1.99 with Pinnacle 2/10 On the same songsheet as fishy here. Farah's done well to make the main draw but he's not a dangerous player for me. He's a big guy but doesn't play with a great deal of power and his game isn't at the same level as Mahut. The Frenchman has just become a father - not sure if that'll take his eye off the ball but I think he's got a better serve than Farah and will adopt a net-charging style that the Colombian won't be used to. Thought we'd see a higher line on Mahut so happy to strike. - Rafael Nadal -9 games AH v Andrey Golubev @ 2.06 with Pinnacle 2/10 Expecting the defending champion to come out of the blocks fighting and dispose of Golubev serenly in the night match. Golubev went on a 17-match losing streak at one point this year and although he snapped out of it a few weeks back, I think he's not got the game to trouble the Spaniard. Too flaccid on serve and makes too many errors, which I expect Nadal to force. A better opponent might make him work harder in R1 but reckon Nadal will get this done with minimum fuss. :hope

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Djokovic vs Niland UNDER 27.5 games @ 4/6 (Skybet) Price not huge but most books are doing 25 or 26 games which seems fairer. I think a 6-3 6-3 6-3 max is a good result for Niland here, Djokovic is a few levels above his opponent today. Niland doesnt really have a whole lot to hurt him, not a particularly big serve, no weapons, Djokovic should grind him down and dominate here, can see a few easy sets in this one. Just hope he's fully recovered from that injury vs Murray, he says he's fine anyway. Verdasco Nieminen OVER 3.5 sets @ 5/6 (PPower) Verdasco tends to bring his better game at slams but still, hard to ignore how idiotic he is at times, the loss to Nadal in Cinci was ridiculous, should have won that comfortably. He dips in most matches I see him, very flaky player. Nieminen is not the player he once was but I can see him troubling Verdasco here and the price looks fine here. Think the bookies have overrated Verdasco looking at prices of 1.2ish. Voskoboeva +4.5 games vs Schiavone @ 1.909 (Pinnacle) Took this earlier,so price may have moved. Voskoboeva playing well, tough player, quarters in Toronto beating the likes of Sharapova, Pennetta, Bartoli, and qualified here fairly comfortably. Schiavone not playing as well this year but still a mentally tough player who never gives up, reached semi's in New Haven and has 1/4 final pts to defend here so should be a tough one. But Voskoboeva h'cap looks the way to go for me.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Dellacqua +3 games AH vs Cornet @ 1.971 (Pinnacle) This should be a mess really. Dellacqua not been too great since returning to the tour this year, Cornet stinks the place out right now, constant defeats. I'm struggling to see why Cornet is a significant favourite really, it should be rated closer in my view. So a +3 h'cap looks like value to me. Petkovic vs Bychkova OVER 17.5 games @ 1.84 (Bwin) Petkovic has picked up a bit in recent weeks, good runs on Toronto and Cinci but this is still a low line, she has the ability to cover it but I'm still sceptical about her. Bychkova has qualified, beating Shvedova on the way which is a good win even though she has struggled with injuries. Doesn't take much to go over this line so I'm willing to play. Martinez-Sanchez to bt Barthel @ 1.513 (Pinnacle) MJMS not been great in recent weeks and prefers the clay but I'd still favour her in this one, far more experienced player and very crafty type of player. Dont trust hcaps or lines though.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 In two minds about Youzhny/Gulbis, but I'm thinking similar to Atko. Youzhny hasnt been great recently, but he loves these courts, and I rate him higher than Gulbis. Gulbis has hit some form but I cannot trust him in a slam, the guy is a nut job. However, when I have to think so long about this one, it might be best left alone.