** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The US Open 2011

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Literally cannot wait for the draw later and the slam as a whole. Had a weird summer personally so hope this will be a pleasant distraction. Also it's the last main event sportwise before uni starts again so will be looking to fill my boots to try and pay for the nights out in the first week or so. Quite a few regulars in the tennis threads now which is good to see, with most posting really in depth write ups which is a bonus. GL to everyone in the next couple of weeks. :ok

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Three antepost selections for me ... - Novak Djokovic to win the US Open @ 2.55 with Pinnacle 3/10 Not the most original selection but he's got to be one of the leading contenders. Certainly, I feel he'll make the final. There's a doubt over his shoulder but I believe him when he says he's fine. He's the form player this year, with only two losses to his name. He's serving much better, he's in peak shape and he has a vast array of shots to choose from. His route to the final, for me, looks comfortable: qualifer-Berlocq-Dodig-Gasquet-Berdych-Fish. I don't thin Federer's going to be up to much, he's lost a lot of his aura and seems a bit lost on court. He may be out before he's due to meet the Serb in my book. Qualifier and Berlocq give him nice matches to feel his way into the event. I just can't see him not giving his all and being on the premises come finals day. - Andy Murray to win the US Open @ 6.20 with Pinnacle 2/10 I always think Murray has a marvellous chance at Flushing Meadows. Everything about America suits his game. He comes here in the best possible shape after winning Cincinnati and the conditions will be to his liking. He actually has a challenging draw but that, for me, suits him: we're looking at something like Devvarman-Haase-Lopez-Wawrinka-Del Potro-Nadal. The harder it is, the better for Murray. He needs something to keep him focussed. Even Haase in R2 won't be easy considering the Dutchman's form. Even still, he's beaten Lopez recently, he won't take Wawrinka lightly after last year and has a good record against Nadal and Del Potro on this surface. He has a real live chance in this event, and I think he's good value at over 6.00. - Tomas Berdych to last longer than Robin Soderling @ 2.03 with Pinnacle 3/10 Both men have question marks over their fitness, so smallish stakes are required, but I don't see Soderling making the quarters like he did last year. He's barely played since Wimbledon and isn't nearly as close to last year's and the year before's. I don't like the Swede's draw either. Bogomolov may have a chance against him in R2 but after that, it's probably Isner in R3 and Del Potro in R4. I don't think he can beat Isner at the moment, so R3 seems a plausible departure point. I have Berdych to make the quarters. Certainly, I expect him to beat a qualifier, Fognini and Petzschner, although they can be tricky. He's got more game time on American hard courts this season, and was playing well ahead of his injury. Soderling has had bad results in hard court slams before. He lost to Granollers in Australia and almost lost here to Haider-Maurer last year. He's susceptible, and has the harder draw for me. Worth a play. :hope

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 I'll also make two early selections in R1. No handicaps as yet ... - Ivan Dodig v Nikolay Davydenko @ 2.25 with Pinnacle 4/10 Reverse the odds and I think you get a fairer reflection of what could happen. I think Davydenko is living on name only. He's lost the bite in his strokes but more importantly, his serve is a mess. He's easy pickings for even the most average returners on a hard court. Some of his losses this year have been grim, epitomised by losing to Stakhovsky only a few days ago. Dodig is a nasty R1 opponent. He's had a breakthrough year, beat Nadal on this surface and has the power to hit through the frail-looking Russian. Moreover, he has a bigger serve, and is more likely to hold with ease. The Davydenko of old would perhaps merit such favouritism, but this isn't that man. Dodig is playing well, and is more than capable of winning. I'd make him favourite so keen to strike early with the price is hot. - Ryan Sweeting v Denis Istomin @ 2.30 with Pinnacle 3/10 Not sure of Istomin at the moment. Did well to win a few Asian challengers but is liable to go totally missing at times. He did make R3 last year but in all honesty, he's failed to build on his potential from last season. He can be awfully loose with his shots off the deck and loses interest very quickly if things don't go his way. Not Sweeting's biggest fan and very rarely back him, but he's got a game capable of doing some damage. His serve, when it works, is big, but he can be quietly effective off the deck too. He's the home player in this one, and the support might get to Istomin, who can be a tortured soul at times. There is a risk in backing the American but odds are higher than what I envisaged. Tentative stakes, but worth the play. :hope

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 I'll have 3 antepost bets like Atko as well. With regards to the outrights, believe Ladbrokes are offering refunds to any outright bet if Murray wins the slam. Andy Murray to reach the semis- Evens Sportingbet- (5/10) Rafael Nadal to reach the semis- 4/6 Sportingbet- (5/10) Unbelievably the prices of these two were up at 11/8 and 5/6 yesterday but I've missed out on that but the prices are still way too high in my opinion for two guys who I expect to meet eachother in the semis. First off I'm not as brave as Atko to back the Scot on the outright although I really hope he does make the final but I don't see how he won't make at least the semis given how he played in Cincinnati and how he loves the conditions at Flushing Meadows. He played better in every match he played when he won the tournament a couple of weeks back and he should be full on confidence, with no injury scares to hamper him this year. His route to final isn't perhaps the easiest but as Atko says, that may not be such a bad thing and might be what he needs to win this thing this year. I have his potential opponents identical to Atko, and he shouldn't have too many problems until Del Porto perhaps, as I don't see Wawrinka beating him again this year, but watching Del Porto, I'd fancy Murray to win that given his return game and I fully expect Murray to reach the semis this year, at least. Where this price has come from on Nadal I have no idea. He is the defending champion at Flushing Meadows this year and has got to at least the semis in the past 3 years. Granted his form coming into the slam isn't perfect, with losses to Fish and Dodig, but how often do we see Rafa up his game for the big ocassions. At the start of the French Open he wasn't playing his best stuff in the first couple of rounds but started to pick up and eventually made the final there. His draw isn't as bad as Murray's with his route to the semis something like Golubev-Mahut-Ljubicic/Nalbandian-Youzhny/Melzer?-Roddick. Fair to say there's a few matches I can't really call due there due to so many players not having played much and being terribly out of form. That will help Nadal as you need to be confident going in to playing him otherwise you are essentially beaten before a point is played. I don't see that draw too taxing for the Spaniard and I don't see any of those players beating the defending champ so Rafa to meet Murray in the semis for me. Stan Wawrinka to reach the last 16- 11/10 Sportingbet- (4/10) I'm backing Wawrinka to be Murray's opponent in the fourth round which is where I see the Scot gaining his revenge for last year's defeat. He reached the quarters last year, and has made the fourth round in 3 of the past 4 years. His preparation wasn't ideal for Flushing Meadows as he lost to Golubev in Cincinnati which was a poor result given how Golubev has performed this year but at least it will mean Wawrinka is fresh for this week. He performed well in Montreal the week before so that poor showing in Cincinnati doesn't bother me that much. His 3 opponents to beat I have as Gonzalez-Young-Chela which isn't bad at all for the Swiss no.2. Gonzalez hasn't won a match for months as he still has a whole load of injury and fitness concerns, Young has had some decent results this year, making the semis in Washington a few weeks back but I'm doubtful whether he could pull of that kind of form against a top player in a slam. And then potentially Chela in the third round who he leads the H2H 4-2 including a straight sets win last year in the US open. Chela just hasn't done much on the quicker courts this year and has only won 2 matches on the hard courts all year. Stan seems to like the US conditions and he's my pick for Murray's opponent in round 4.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Got a ridiculous number of bets but seeing plenty of things that I like. Keeping stakes low to begin with. - Radek Stepanek -3.5 games v Philipp Kohlschreiber @ 1.877 with Pinnacle 4/10 Generous line on the Czech. He's beaten Kohlschreiber four times to the German's one, including a 6-4 6-0 drubbing on the clay this year. When you consider Stepanek won Washington and did well in the other North American events, I feel he could be a wee bit of a player this week. His serve is operating well and his net play and general game seems to get under the skin of players. Kohlschreiber's been a wreck this year. Two coach changes and a real lack of direction. It's a shame, because he has talent, but he only brings it to the table on rare occasions. Over five sets, I really can't see him beating Stepanek unless he changes something. Small line for the Czech to cover. - Tomas Berdych -9 games AH v Romain Jouan @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 2/10 R1 matches often throw up mismatches and that's what I see here. Jouan has qualified but didn't have to beat a great deal to get here. He's predominantly a clay challenger player and I think he's going to struggle with Berdych's power game. The Czech was looking good in Cincinnati and I reckon he'll be fit and ready to go deep in this event. He went out in R1 last year so plenty chance to get some points. Jouan is a nice R1 opponent, and I think he'll do it comfortably. - Janko Tipsarevic -8 games AH v Augustin Gensse @ 1.826 with Pinnacle 2/10 Another match where I see a clear gap in quality. Tipsarevic was really playing well in Montreal and Cincinnati before he picked up a foot injury. He's a very good player on his day with lovely strokes and good variation. Gensse's been doing fine over the summer in Challengers, but the Serb is a big step up. He did well here last year, beating Roddick, and conditions definitely suit. I thought the line would be higher than eight games so happy to fire. - Albert Montanes -3 games AH v Mikhail Kukushkin @ 1.980 with Pinnacle 2/10 Montanes has got a lot to defend here, having made R4 last season. He's not a wonderful hard court player but he's got more consistency than Kukushkin, who tends to do his best work indoors. I prefer Montanes here because he's got a little more skill and nous than the Kazakh, who tends to be a ballbasher from the back of the court. Montanes has more variety, and that could win the day. He beat him back in 2008 on clay. I think he can do so again here, and three games is not a big line to cover. - Grigor Dimitrov +6.5 games v Gael Monfils @ 1.833 with Pinnacle 2/10 Nasty draw for Monfils here. Dimitrov is hugely erratic but he's also very talented and raises his game for the big players. He took Tsonga very close at Wimbledon and has all the shots, it's just a question of stringing them together. Monfils very rarely wins easily in Slams. I can remember at SW19 him being taken close by Zemlja and losing to Kubot, and in previous US Opens, he's been tested by Kendrick and Gil. He may well win but I think it'll be very close indeed. He's not the sort of man to generally pummel an opponent in best of five. - Santiago Giraldo +9 games AH v Roger Federer @ 2.15 with Pinnacle 2/10 Not for one minute suggesting the Colombian can beat Federer, but the Swiss really isn't at his best. His North American swing was very average by his standards, and I don't think he's sweeping his opponents by with the swashbuckling style that he used to display. Of course, there's a danger he could, but I think Giraldo will put up some resistance. He likes hard courts and has power locked away in his forehand - he could hit through the Swiss. Line seems a bit big to me and price even more so, considering Federer appears to be cruising through matches these days. I'll give it a go. - Dudi Sela +4.5 games v Thomaz Bellucci @ 1.943 with Pinnacle 2/10 Bellucci, in my eyes, is ripe for an upset. He really hasn't kicked on from Madrid this year and isn't totally comfortable on a hard court. He reminds me of a young Berdych in the way he doesn't construct his rallies - every shot is an individual moment, rather than a piece in the jigsaw. Sela's a nasty wee bugger because he's gutsy, he'll have a following in New York and he plays with a lot of variation. His serve can let him down but so can Bellucci's. Think he'll run the young Brazilian really close. - Ryan Harrison +4.5 games v Marin Cilic @ 1.99 with Pinnacle 2/10 I can't imagine Cilic will have been too chuffed when he saw this draw. Cilic hasn't really hit the heights we all thought he would and his year has been unspectacular at best. Crashed out of Roland Garros to Ramirez-Hidalgo in R1 and hasn't done well in the other Slams. Harrison's a big hope in America. He's got a lovely array of shots but can go missing and makes points more complicated than they should be. I think he can beat Cilic but it's more likely he'll compete well with the Croat. Nasty tie for Cilic, and Harrison's worth a shot on this line. - Juan Monaco -4.5 games v Andreas Seppi @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 2/10 I question Seppi's preparation in this one. Retired four games into his match with Del Potro and really hasn't done much since winning Eastbourne. These two players are quite similar. Neither plays with much power and both are vulnerable on serve. Monaco, for me, has more ability and doesn't tend to go mentally missing as much as Seppi does. The Italian can go for games without having a tangible impact on court. Monaco made R3 of Winston-Salem and is a battler. H2H is 1-1, and I think Monaco has enough over Seppi to cover the line. - Kevin Anderson -6.5 games v Go Soeda @ 1.877 with Pinnacle 2/10 Find it hard to see Soeda get much change out of the big South African. Anderson's been very solid this year, improving his groundies to go along with his big serve. He'll fancy his chances of taking out the Japanese, who does very little in his occasional forays on to the main tour. He's another who I can see falling apart if Anderson builds up a lead, which I expect him to. - Under 32.5 games in Philipp Petzschner v Albert Ramos @ 1.943 with Pinnacle 2/10 This will only be Ramos' second ever competitive match on a hard court, and with Hurricane Irene killing practice time, I can see Petzschner having an easy time against the Spaniard. He's good enough on clay but I don't think his movement and footwork will be conducive to a quicker court. Petzschner is also an abrasive player - loves to come in and dominate the net. His attacking play should be too much for the Spaniard. Think he'll get the job done in under 32 games. :hope

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011

I've not seen much of the news today, how badly did hurricane Irene hit? Will the tennis schedule be affected? (noy wanting to sound too callous here, hoping noone lost their lives or livelyhoods)
I think New York didn't get hit quite as bad as they were expecting. Organisers are hopeful they can begin on Monday but will make a final call on it later today.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Good news is Irene got downgraded to a Tropical Storm so not as bad as expected hopefully things will start out smoothly. Not sure how badly the subways have been affected though even if they start it might be too really low crowd numbers since the subway is the main transportation to reach Flushing Meadows.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Dudi Sela to beat (Thomaz Bellucci) x Adrian Mannarino to beat (Florian Mayer) @ 7/1 BET 365 Strength 5/10 Worth a dabble I think. Sela put in a good performance in the first round here last year and I think his crafty game can wear Bellucci down over the long haul. Will most likely go five sets as Bellucci will never put any decent player away easily on hard courts and Sela is liable to be overpowered at times and look powder-puff, but Bellucci should show his erratic nature and this will result in Sela's steadyness holding sway. Mayer has been awful recently and his record at Flushing Meadows is equally bad, losing in the first round for the last four years in a row or something. He got trounced by the Mediocre Serra in the first round last year and I can see Mannarino, like Sela, holding it together for longer periods and taking advantage of Mayer's malaise.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Don't think I'll take anymore than I have now after being frustrated by Bet365 for their ongoing laziness to put up the handicaps. Taken 6 in total, was going to be more but been outpriced. Let's hope for a good first day in the thread. Philipp Petzschner vs Albert Ramos- Petzschner -7 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (6/10) My biggest bet of R1 here and I can't really add too much to what's already been said by others. The Spaniard hasn't played on the hard courts at all this season and has never made the proper draw of the US or Australian Open. He is very much a clay courter which is where he is at home but on the quicker surfaces, there's nothing to suggest that he should trouble the Petzschner today. The German has had some decent results this year and beaten some good players on the surface, but most of all is comfortable on the hard courts and had some practice on them. Ramos hasn't and I'd be surprised if this is anything other than an easy Petzschner win. Mardy Fish vs Tobias Kamke- Fish -8.5 handicap- 8/11 Coral- (5/10) If Fish carries his form from the couple of previous master events into today and the next couple of weeks, he should be comfortable until the quarters at least. It's usually at this time of the year Mardy seems to peak and really play his best stuff and after making 3 finals and a semi in his last 4 tournaments, his confidence should be sky high and with the crowd behind him, he should be comfortable against Kamke today, who if he falls behind, can sometimes go missing as we saw against Monaco last week and I don't see him coping with an in form Mardy today. Grigor Dimitrov vs Gael Monfils- Over 36.5 games- 4/5 Coral- (5/10) Monfils and straight forward grand slam wins aren't two things which are usually associated with eachother. He is very good to watch but not easy on the nerves if you have a handicap on him as he seems to do everything the hard way. This was always going to be the handicap on Dimitrov or the overs but I've gone for the overs in case Monfils rallies towards the end of the match and Dimitrov given his inexperience goes missing. Whatever happens, I don't see Monfils winning this is 3 sets, and a couple of tight sets should see the overs through. Ryan Harrison vs Marin Cilic- Harrison +4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Atko actually made me aware of this one so thanks to him for that as I completely bypassed it when I looked at the matches. Like Atko has said, Harrison is a really tricky first round opponent for Cilic and the handicap looks at least a game or so high to me. Harrison plays most of his tennis all year round on the hard courts over in the US so this is the time of year, like Mardy Fish if you like where he really seems to blossom. He has made it to a couple of semis recently in Atlanta and Los Angeles, and we saw earlier on in the year what he's capable of on these courts where he pushed Federer in round 4 in Indian Wells. Harrison beat Ljubicic last year in round 1 in Flushing Meadows, and there are similiarities between Ljubicic and Cilic's game. Marin hasn't done too much on the hard courts this year, failing to get past the fourth round in any tournaments and given the home support, I'll back the young American who can really spring a surprise to run Cilic close here. Ivo Karlovic vs Fernando Gonzalez- Karlovic -4.5 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Narrowly missed out on the evens price on this one but the price is still high enough to back the big Croat here. You know what you'll get with Karlovic, big serve and not much else and a seemingly guaranteed tie break in every match. However, Gonzalez has only played the one match on the hard courts this season as he still has fitness worries and doesn't play a great deal. That single hard court match was a defeat to Igor Kunitsyn about a month back and he hasn't played since and that would worry me if i were a fan of the Chilian. He won't get many, if any chances to break Karlovic, and given his lack of court time, will struggle to cope with the power of the Croatian. A couple of breaks should see the handicap through, and although it may be fairly tight for a while, I still see Karlovic winning this with a bit so spare come the end of the match. Roger Federer vs Santiago Giraldo- Giraldo +8.5 handicap- 5/4 Coral- (4/10) Was initially going to take the overs in this one, but must admit I've been tempted by the price here more than anything. Atko has already mentioned that Federer in recent weeks hasn't been the Federer of old and looked extremely average by his own high standards. Barring the win against Blake, it's been a while since he blew his opponent off court and won easily like he used to do for fun. Giraldo is no mug on the surface and had some decent runs on the hard courts at the start of the season. He has the power to hit some winners and should keep it fairly tight for the majority, could perhaps even pinch a set. The line looks to high though and I'll back him to give Federer a match today.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Serena Williams to win US Open @2.75 5Dimes Strenght : 10/10 I don't see any player who can beat Serena at WTA tour except Clijsters and Venus. But Clijsters is out of tournament and Venus did not play a match for a long time. Kvitova is very slow compared to Serena. Azarenka is not in-form at the moment.Sharapova's serve is inconsistent.She need to serve consistent to beat Serena but i don't think she can solve her serve problem in a very short time.Wozniacki can never win Grand Slam. Stosur has chance to beat Serena but her backhand is terrible.With a terrible backhand you can not win big matches at Grand Slams.Zvonareva advanced to final last year , however as everybody knows she is always playing very bad at the finals. No one can beat Serena at US Open in my opinion.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Going to have six long-term bets as well. Good luck guys :hope (3/10) T.Berdych to bt. R.Soderling (Best Finishing Position) @ 1.84 with Pinnacle The better price is gone now, but this still offers some value imo. Soderling had a lot of trouble with his injury and he has not play too much lately, which might be a problem. Tough draw as well, having Isner and Del Potro quite early. Berdych was impressive in Cincinnati and his draw is much easier, so he should get quite far. Would have this around 1.70 at max. (3/10) A.Murray to bt. R.Federer (Best Finishing Position) @ 1.84 with Pinnacle Federer is not playing well at the moment, while Murray is. Simple as that. Also, if both make it to the semi-finals (which is quite possible), Murray has the (relatively speaking) easier opponent. But Federer might lose before the semis quite easily with his current form, while I simply cannot see Murray losing early. (3/10) D.Ferrer to bt. F.Verdasco (Best Finishing Position) @ 1.80 with Pinnacle There is a simple reason for this - the draw. David Ferrer has a stupidly easy draw in my opinion, while Verdasco has some tricky opponents early on. Also, Ferrer is the more consistent of the two, while Verdasco has been quite hit or miss lately. For all I know, he might even lose to Nieminen in the first round. (6/10) R.Nadal to win the 4th Quarter @ 1.54 with Pinnacle Price might be short, but it is hard to see any other outcome here. There are not many great players in his quarter and to see Roddick as the second favourite here is ridiculous. Just look at his form. Nadal has not been great lately, but I am sure that he will be on the top of his game during the Grand Slam (as always). Just cannot see anyone beating him early on. (3/10) V.Zvonareva to win the 4th Quarter @ 2.75 with Pinnacle This looks like a decent price. Zvonareva is the world's number two at the moment and she had a decent run in Cincinnati, pushing Sharapova to the limit. Who are the tough opponents here actually? Stosur is not going to beat here, so its probably down to Lisicki and Bartoli. I definitely fancy her chances against that field and at 2.75, this is value to me. (3/10) S.Williams to bt. M.Sharapova (Best Finishing Position) @ 1.57 with Bet365 These two are pretty evenly matched, but Williams is the more consistent of the two and that is why I am going to side with her here. Actually, I feel that Williams also has the easier draw and it is hard to see her losing before the semi-finals. Meanwhile, Sharapova can self-destruct at any time.

Going to have six long-term bets as well. Good luck guys :hope (3/10) T.Berdych to bt. R.Soderling (Best Finishing Position) @ 1.84 with Pinnacle The better price is gone now, but this still offers some value imo. Soderling had a lot of trouble with his injury and he has not play too much lately, which might be a problem. Tough draw as well, having Isner and Del Potro quite early. Berdych was impressive in Cincinnati and his draw is much easier, so he should get quite far. Would have this around 1.70 at max. (3/10) A.Murray to bt. R.Federer (Best Finishing Position) @ 1.84 with Pinnacle Federer is not playing well at the moment, while Murray is. Simple as that. Also, if both make it to the semi-finals (which is quite possible), Murray has the (relatively speaking) easier opponent. But Federer might lose before the semis quite easily with his current form, while I simply cannot see Murray losing early. (3/10) D.Ferrer to bt. F.Verdasco (Best Finishing Position) @ 1.80 with Pinnacle There is a simple reason for this - the draw. David Ferrer has a stupidly easy draw in my opinion, while Verdasco has some tricky opponents early on. Also, Ferrer is the more consistent of the two, while Verdasco has been quite hit or miss lately. For all I know, he might even lose to Nieminen in the first round. (6/10) R.Nadal to win the 4th Quarter @ 1.54 with Pinnacle Price might be short, but it is hard to see any other outcome here. There are not many great players in his quarter and to see Roddick as the second favourite here is ridiculous. Just look at his form. Nadal has not been great lately, but I am sure that he will be on the top of his game during the Grand Slam (as always). Just cannot see anyone beating him early on. (3/10) V.Zvonareva to win the 4th Quarter @ 2.75 with Pinnacle This looks like a decent price. Zvonareva is the world's number two at the moment and she had a decent run in Cincinnati, pushing Sharapova to the limit. Who are the tough opponents here actually? Stosur is not going to beat here, so its probably down to Lisicki and Bartoli. I definitely fancy her chances against that field and at 2.75, this is value to me. (3/10) S.Williams to bt. M.Sharapova (Best Finishing Position) @ 1.57 with Bet365 These two are pretty evenly matched, but Williams is the more consistent of the two and that is why I am going to side with her here. Actually, I feel that Williams also has the easier draw and it is hard to see her losing before the semi-finals. Meanwhile, Sharapova can self-destruct at any time.
Good too see you back posting Czech, like the look of a lot of those bets.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 I'd be worried if the 4th quarter came down to between Stosur and Zvonareva. Stosur will clean her up in that case. She's playing well atm, she was a quarter finalist here last year narrowly losing to Clijsters and her H2H record against Zvonareva is quite amazing. Also Lisicki's back in form, playing very well and backing it up by winning Dallas (against muppets though). When Lisicki last played Zvonareva in San Diego, anybody could have won that. She was up 5-2 in the third set against Zvonareva at the French Open so its not gonna be easy. Just my 2 cents as i think there's value in other players for the 4th quarter. Good luck to the rest of your bets though.

Sport Tennis
Event Zeballos - Fognini
Selection Zeballos +5.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.10
Reasoning I see more chances for Zeballos than Pinnacle oddsmaker. Fognini born on clay court, feel very bad on hard surface - 1/9 balance from last 10 matches(win against tired Troicki). Career balance is 28/44. Never go to the second round here. Zeballos is left hander with very strong serve. 52/34 career balance on hard courts. In US Open in 2009 been in second round where lost after very close match against Berdych. I see close match.

Sport Tennis
Event Cilic - Harrison
Selection Over 38.5
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.96
Reasoning I see more than 3 sets in this match. Cilic of course is favourite because have more experience and better ranking. Seed nr 27. In last year Cilic lost in second round against Nishikori after 5 hours.. Harrison have very good summer, TOP70 in this moment. Wild card, home player. In last year go to the second round and lost after 5 sets against Stakhovsky. I see big fight. Cilic in 5?

Sport Tennis
Event Istomin - Sweeting
Selection Istomin -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.10
Reasoning I see Istomin win 3-0 or 3-1 here. Istomin in last two years played very good in US Open -third round in 2009 and second in 2010, where lost after good match against Nadal. Sweeting played 5 times in USO and one time win in first round, but after retired. Istomin is in better form, Sweeting since Wimbledon played poor, bad serve, poor movement. Only two wins..

Sport Tennis
Event Monfils - Dimitrov
Selection Over 35.5
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.85
Reasoning In my opinion this match end after 4 or 5 sets. Monfils is favourite of this match, very good form in last weeks - Final in Washington, QF in Canada and Cinci, but this is not easy match up for him. Dimitrov is good player from the baseline, very inteligent and want show the best skills in this game. Dimitrov serve is good and not easy to break. Monfils sometimes have problems with concentration and this is chance for Dimitrov. 3-1

Sport Tennis
Event Stepanek - Kohlschreiber
Selection Stepanek -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.20
Reasoning In my opinion Stepanek is clear favourite of this match. Stepanek leads 5-1 in h2h against Kohlschreiber. In this season give only 4 games for this player at Munich clay court. In last season at US Open Radek won 3-1. Stepanek is in v ery good form, won tournament in Washington. Kohlschreiber don't show nothing special in last weekends. Stepanek is too good player in this moment, Kohli don 't have game plan to beat him.

Sport Tennis
Event Zvonareva - Foretz
Selection Zvonareva -7.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.20
Reasoning In my opinion Vera can make double bagel onGacon in this match. Zvonareva is one of the title candidate and don't want waste energy in first round match. Want beat French girl in two fast, clear sets. Zvonareva is very good returner. I see big troubles for Foretz in serv e games. Many break points. Foretz can feel tired, three long matches in Q, where have big lucky and serving very bad. Vera 6-0, 6-1

Sport Tennis
Event Safarova - Rybarikova
Selection Over 19.5
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90
Reasoning I see three sets in this match for Safarova. In h2h Rybarikova leadgin 1:0. Beat Safarova on Prague clay cpurt after three very close sets. Rybarikova in last weekend at Dallas court lost against Rezai after three sets. In last year at US Open lost in first round after two tie-breaks. Safarova lost in first round at US Open in last three years in a row. All matches end after three sets

Sport Tennis
Event Cibulkova - Zhang
Selection Under 19.5
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85
Reasoning In my opinion Cibulkova take straight sets win in this match. Cibulkova played against Zhang in last season, won 6:4, 6:1. Cibulkova in last weekend take practice in Dallas, won one match and in second tanked aainst Bondarenko. Cibulkova must be very motivated here, defending QF from last year. Zhang in main draws is too bad in this moment, always play good only in Q, but against good players from TOP50 don't have too much chances.

Sport Tennis
Event Kirilenko - Makarova
Selection Over 20
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85
Reasoning I see three sets in this game. Two Russian girls, two TOP50 players. Kirilenko have very good serve. Makarova is left hander and if is in good form, is very consistent from the baeline. Makarova is underdog here, but don't have nothing to lose, in last year lost in first round against Ivanovic. Kirilenko defending third round from last year and is very motivated to play good tennis. 2-1 for Maria here

Sport Tennis
Event Hradecka - Bondarenko
Selection Over 20.5
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85
Reasoning I see three sets here. I don't understand why Bondarenko is that big favourite in this game. Ok, take SF in last weekend in Dallas, but top players not played/ or tanked at this tournament. Hradecka is big server, played very good match against Williams two weeks ago and can hold many serve games. At US Open have bad balance, but in this moment play the best tennis of career. I see three sets here, maybe for Bondarenko, but three sets.

Sport Tennis
Event Sharapova - Watson
Selection Over 16.5
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.75
Reasoning Maria propably win this match in two sets, but can be close match than this line want show for bettors. Sharapova is title candidate. No doubts, who is favourite and who go to the next round. You can put house on Maria. Watson is former US Open junior champion. Watson skills are very good for the New York courts. Both players with similar style of play, both from Bolliettieri tennis academy.

Sport Tennis
Event Falconi - Zakopalova
Selection Falconi
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.40
Reasoning I see Irina win here, very good odds. Irina made big progress in this season, in this moment is the best ranked in career - 77 position. Take SF in WTA tournament few weeks ago, on hard courts. Lost against Petrova 1-2. Zakopalova is totally out of from in last time and don't feel good on hard courts. In US Open played 8 times and never go to the second round. Zakopalova can't be favourite in this match..

Sport Tennis
Event Rodionova - Kudryavtseva
Selection Rodionova -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.40
Reasoning In my opinion Anastasia win this match in two sets. Rodionova have better career balance on hard courts and is in better form in this moment than Kudryavtseva, who won one game in last match against Scheepers. Kudryavtseva have awful record at US Open - 5 starts and 5 losts. Rodionova in 2009 go to the third round, in last season go to the second round, where lost against Stosur. Rodionova take this match in two sets in my opinion.