** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 26-27

Friday 26 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Fleetwood Town v York City (19:45 BST) 19/20 12/5 12/5 110.05 %
maximize.gif Lincoln City v Stockport County (19:45 BST) 8/5 12/5 7/5 109.54 %
Saturday 27 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Telford United v Newport County (15:00 BST) 13/8 12/5 11/8 109.61 %
maximize.gif Alfreton Town v Wrexham (15:00 BST) 13/8 12/5 11/8 109.61 %
maximize.gif Barrow v Gateshead (15:00 BST) 11/8 12/5 13/8 109.61 %
maximize.gif Bath City v Tamworth (15:00 BST) 6/5 12/5 15/8 109.65 %
maximize.gif Cambridge United v Hayes & Yeading (15:00 BST) 7/10 13/5 10/3 109.68 %
maximize.gif Ebbsfleet United v Forest Green Rovers (15:00 BST) 13/8 5/2 13/10 110.14 %
maximize.gif Grimsby Town v Darlington (15:00 BST) 6/4 9/4 7/4 107.13 %
maximize.gif Kidderminster Harriers v Southport (15:00 BST) 8/13 11/4 10/3 111.30 %
maximize.gif Luton Town v Braintree Town (15:00 BST) 2/5 10/3 5 110.82 %
maximize.gif Mansfield Town v Kettering Town (15:00 BST) 19/20 12/5 12/5 110.05 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 26-27 A few here that take the eye: 1. Wrexham to beat Alfreton @ 11/8 (Victor C's) I think, the way we are playing so far this season, that any odds of evens or above is a decent price. Last night we had a team who came to us who did try and score but also parked the bus on the edge of the area whenever they had to. Last season we would have tried to lump it forward; this season we play keep ball and draw the opposition out. The player pulling all the strings is Lee Fowler, who I mentioned before the season started as our "new" signing if he had sorted his demons out. He has and I doubt there are any midfielder in this league close to him at the moment. Alfreton got a good point at Darlo last night but they know that they will have to win their home games to try and stay up so cannot afford to sit back. Chuck into the mix that the players and fans seem to have developed a close relationship as a result of the efforts we made to pay their wages and we look better than last season. 2. York to beat Fleetwood @ 12/5 (VC again) There were plenty of us who doubted that Fleetwood could keep all their strikers happy but their real problem is their defence. Chuck into the mix that the one player who makes them tick, Anthony Barry from midfield, is out for 3 months. When he was injured last season they also fell apart. York, on the other hand, are purring along quite nicely and had an excellent win at Rushering or whatever they should be called. that 12/5 is a silly price and should be taken. 3. Tamworth to beat Bath (19/10 with bwin) Tamworth are a tidy team who should be comfortably safe in the BSP this year. I am not sure I can say the same for Bath, who are pretty toothless at home whereas Tamworth were quite happy to give it a go angainst us and did cause us some problems. Odds of almost 2/1 are perfectly acceptable. GL:ok

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 26-27 Alfreton v Wrexham Things improved slightly for Alfreton on Tuesday night and they managed to get a draw against Darlington, however they lost another key player, Nathan Arnold, to injury. They did show a bit more promise during the game than they had previously but in Wrexham they face a side who have really hit the ground running. The visitors are slightly unlucky not to have won all four outings so far and were impressive on Tuesday when they beat Tamworth 3-0. I was also impressed with the football they played against Lincoln in the live game last Friday and if they can continue in that sort of form it will be disappointing if they can’t make it four wins on the bounce. Coral are standout on the away win at 7/5. Bath v Tamworth Although it’s still the early stages, it is beginning to look very much a case of second season syndrome for Bath as they have really struggled so far this term. They were very lucky to get a point on Tuesday night against Hayes & Yeading and by all accounts Hayes were much the better side. Their home form was their strength last year but they have lost both road games so far and were disappointing against Barrow on Saturday. Tamworth meanwhile can be pretty pleased with the start they have made and although they lost 3-0 to Wrexham on Tuesday it seems like it was more a case of Wrexham being solid than Tamworth being especially poor. This is certainly a much easier test and I think the bookies have priced it up as if it was last season and not actually how the teams have been playing so far this time around. Blue Square are biggest on a Tamworth win at a worthwhile 9/4. Ebbsfleet v Forest Green Rovers I went to watch the home side in action against Newport on Tuesday night and from that performance the Kent side won’t have any problems staying in the Blue Square Premier. I thought for a fair bit of the game they actually outplayed Newport and it was amazing they hadn’t managed to score before they did in the 93rd minute. They played some nice football as well and I think they can gain their first win of the season against Forest Green Rovers. It was a disappointing result for Forest Green on Tuesday as they lost to Braintree. Perhaps after they put six past Alfreton it was a case of the players thinking it would be an easy match, but I think it’s fair to say they will be lucky to be gifted goals like that again. I expect a better performance but having seen both sides in action, if Ebbsfleet can perform like they did on Tuesday they have the beating of Forest Green and bwin’s 17/11 is worth taking. Without wanting to seem like Im copying barton after writing the above I then also decided to back York. I hadnt realised how bad Fleetwood had been until looking into it last night and it seems the manger is to blame more than anything. I think whatever happens in the game tonight York should not be 12/5.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 26-27 I haven't had much time for the spreads this Saturday but there are a couple I've decided to take. The Mansfield/Kettering game looks to be swinging in the home side's direction, given that Kettering have lost Jon Challinor and go into the game missing a real backbone. They might well score as Mansfield aren't the tightest ship in the section, but that's not where I want to trade: Mansfield have been creating chances and it's only a matter of time until they put a team away. I'm tempted by a buy of the supremancy - Mansfield 0.6 over - but have instead sold the time of the 2nd Mansfield goal, at 72 with Sporting. I've also bought Matt Green's goal minutes at 22: he's the kind of player who nets regularly when he's on a streak, and given the decent positions he has been taking up I think he could be on the cusp of one. There's few better ways of kick-starting a run than facing a shell-shocked and slightly makeshift Kettering defence. I take the points that bartonbank and addpea make about the Bath/Tamworth game, and I'm content to sell Bath's mini-performance at 22 with Spreadex, a trade that leaves the 0-0 and the 1-1 on the right side of the bet. Finally, against the stats, I've bought total goals in the Grimsby/Darlington game at 2.6. Strictly speaking, this game of two misfiring sides looks to have 0-0 written all over it, even if they played until Monday. Darlo have been pack-shuffling without much success but I suspect they'll see this as an opportunity to get more than the statutary point, and with James Walshaw starting to look like a more complete BlueSQ Prem forward they've every chance of scoring against a still-nervous Grimsby defence. The home side can take something from beating ten-man Cambridge and I fancy them to score against a Darlo defence that is hard to overcome, but that hasn't been under huge pressure as yet. I be the first to hold up my hand to the fact that this is a risky trade.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Aug 26-27 Made the journey to Fleetwood on friday night to watch York.Pleased with a point cos we were hanging on a little at the end without Fleetwood creating many scoring chances.Vardy was lively on his debut and got mom.Brodie should have been booked,typical Brodie,always niggling and arms n elbows flying everywhere,a nuisance without really threating to score.Best business we ever did with Crawley getting 150K for him.After their 4-0 reverse at Barrow,Fleetwood were never going to lose this game and both teams did seem to settle for stalemate.York seem to have a solid defense this season and Walker works his socks off upfront to allow us either 2 wingers or an extra man in midfield.We need to win at home against Alfreton on monday to keep the momentum going.They will probley do a Telford and park the bus and hope to do a smash n grab buts its up to us to break teams like that down.No Crawley in this league now so many teams will feel they can win it.I would think York and Fleetwood will both be in the top 5 but I feel we are still lacking a classy midfielder to give us that bit extra.