** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August

I might put money on chelsea to win by 1 goal instead of Norwich +2. I was going to put money on Chelsea a week ago when the odds were at 3/10 but at 1/5 its shortning its just too low this early in the season. However if i put on chelsea to win by 1 and Norwich manages to get a draw ill kick myself.
I'm not sure if any value exists in any of the bets available on this game. Norwich made 11 changes midweek in the carling cup game, which we lost 4-0 in an utterly dismal display against MK Dons. While we have never really cared about the Carling Cup in recent years, a loss at home to a lower league team is not going to help the mood going to Stamford Bridge. I was surprised at Paul Lambert (aka the Messiah) in his rotations in the game at home to Stoke, especially benching Hoolahan, and part of me worries that he feels he needs to change Norwich's approach from the succesful attacking play we've used in the last two seasons now we're in the Premier League. However, his approach was nearly vindicated in that we very nearly held out for the win when down to 10 men. I feel, therefore, that we are a complete unknown quantity going into the weekend match. Either Lambert's going to give relative free reign to attack, which could be difficult seeing as how Hoolahan is a doubt, or he's going to try and get us to defend. Before the Stoke game I would have said the former approach was more likely, but now I'm not so sure. Given all the above, if I knew that Lambert were going relatively relaxed in to the match, hoping to nick a few goals and maybe get a draw, I'd be on the higher end goals market, over 3.5 and even over 4.5. As it is, i'm going for NO BET* Gl all * As previous posts have said, this of course means I'm betting on Norwich, but not for value reasons.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if any value exists in any of the bets available on this game. Norwich made 11 changes midweek in the carling cup game, which we lost 4-0 in an utterly dismal display against MK Dons. While we have never really cared about the Carling Cup in recent years, a loss at home to a lower league team is not going to help the mood going to Stamford Bridge. I was surprised at Paul Lambert (aka the Messiah) in his rotations in the game at home to Stoke, especially benching Hoolahan, and part of me worries that he feels he needs to change Norwich's approach from the succesful attacking play we've used in the last two seasons now we're in the Premier League. However, his approach was nearly vindicated in that we very nearly held out for the win when down to 10 men. Edit: Also, I'm just wondering how likely a successive laboured win will be for the Blues. Things obviously improved when Villas-Boas made changes, which I'm sure he's learnt from. Either way, real excited about tomorrow; great to be back involved in games like this I feel, therefore, that we are a complete unknown quantity going into the weekend match. Either Lambert's going to give relative free reign to attack, which could be difficult seeing as how Hoolahan is a doubt, or he's going to try and get us to defend. Before the Stoke game I would have said the former approach was more likely, but now I'm not so sure. Given all the above, if I knew that Lambert were going relatively relaxed in to the match, hoping to nick a few goals and maybe get a draw, I'd be on the higher end goals market, over 3.5 and even over 4.5. As it is, i'm going for NO BET* Gl all * As previous posts have said, this of course means I'm betting on Norwich, but not for value reasons.
Don't know if you've been welcomed yet, but as you're a fellow Canary :welcome I don't know if dropping Wes last week was a defensive move; we set up with two wingers, and The Messiah :notworthyperhaps wanted more play going through the channels, as opposed to through the middle. Obviously the team he picks will tell us how he's gonna apporach it, but being ultra-defensive seems a bit unlikely to me. As well, as much as I hate to say it, it may not make a difference. Edit: Also, not sure how likely a successive laboured win for the home team is. Chelsea improved when they made changes last week, and Villas-Boas will likely of learnt his lesson. Either way, real excited about tomorrow. Great to see us back involved in games like these

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Well, well, i used to live in Norwich too. I used to get annoyed on saturdays when i go shopping at morrisions and woolworths(idk if they are still there, was at least 5 years ago) next to carrow road that its full of cheeky football fans that have parked there with no spaces avaliable. And yes i do agree with you, its just too difficult to predict. Better stick to games where you can see value than punt on marginal games and just pass on those and be a interested spectator. (and hopefully take notes for later in the season)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Swansea v Sunderland - Under 2.5 goals @ 1.79 (Pinnacle) Probably my only PL bet of the weekend, Sunderland usually keep it tight away from home and have also been struggling when it comes to scoring goals. Plus the fact I don't see many goals in the Swansea team at present. Think this will be a low-scoring game, could see this going 1-0 either way or maybe a goalless draw. The under 2.5 goals gives me some cover and is a decent enough price in my view. I'd have if closer to 1.66 mark here.

Swansea v Sunderland - Under 2.5 goals @ 1.79 (Pinnacle) Probably my only PL bet of the weekend, Sunderland usually keep it tight away from home and have also been struggling when it comes to scoring goals. Plus the fact I don't see many goals in the Swansea team at present. Think this will be a low-scoring game, could see this going 1-0 either way or maybe a goalless draw. The under 2.5 goals gives me some cover and is a decent enough price in my view. I'd have if closer to 1.66 mark here.
I've actually gone for the over on this one. Swansea create tons and have good forwards who can score. Like the guys said earlier in this thread, they really should of scored 3 in the first half alone last week vs Wigan. Also their defence is a bit shakey and Sunderland have good forwards too. Sessegnon and Gyan always look dangerous as does Richardson. Also Larsson is useful from set pieces in both scoring and providing balls for Sunderland's big defenders. They haven't got it going in terms of goals yet but i think they'll open up Swansea's defence and maybe concede one themselves. Just gotta hope Vorm doesn't play out of his skin again!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Ok, I've not written any match previews and betting tips for a while now, so here goes for this weekend's DJ Previews: Aston Villa v Wolves Aston Villa and Wolves meet in the first kick off on Saturday, both sides have started the season well; Wolves with two wins out of two and Aston Villa having picked up a win and a draw from their opening two fixtures. As a result, both teams will be fired up and full of confidence ahead of what, we would hope, would be an exciting game. So what does the form book tell us? Who are the key players? What is likely to happen? Aston Villa have won three of their last five home games, in the Premiership, four of which have gone under 2.5 goals. The form does stretch back to the tail end of last season but as it's early days, there is little else from which to deduce form. Alex Mcleish likely expected a hostile welcome when he took over the reigns as Aston Villa manager, instead he received a fairly warm welcome, in his first home Premiership fixture in charge of Villa, in a game against Blackburn Rovers who they despatched 3-1. Aston Villa looked good, from the highlights that I saw and played with a lot of attacking invention and have dangerous strikers in Agbonlahor and Bent who will be there to take the chances that are presented. I do worry about whether the absence of Downing and Young might reduce the number of goals they do score but with the addition of N'Zogbia again it's early days and time will tell. I can't believe that I've just talked up the fact that they looked good at scoring goals when previous form had been to suggest that the game could go under 2.5 goals. Villa though are a different side now and I guess I make the point to try to encourage people away from thinking that what has happened will be what will happen. Villa appear to have no injury worries going in to the game at the weekend. A full selection of players which will make Mcleish's job that much easier. So, now to the opponents; Wolves. Wolves attracted a lot of fans last season with their plucky displays, the side were seen to be punching above their weight as they picked up points against most of the top 4, bar I think Arsenal. Wolves beat Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea, I know that much from my memory. Wolves did also beat Liverpool twice last season and so have proved that they are very capable on their day. The biggest factors about their strength comes, I believe from their team spirit, their never say die and their leadership by Mick McCarthy. Wolves have frequently gone over 2.5 goals in their last 5 Premiership games; having conceded 10 and scored 7 in those games. Only one of those fixtures ended in an under 2.5 goals count, which was a 1-1 draw away to midlands rivals Birmingham City. Wolves again impress me with their attacking prowess, Doyle has looked good this season, as has Steven Fletcher and I believe that Wolves motive at the moment appears to play with energy and to score the goals. In terms of head to heads, out of the last ten fixtures between the two sides, there has been one Wolves victory, six Aston Villa victories and three draws. The over 2.5 goals numbers have seen only three under 2.5 goals and seven over 2.5 goals. I do think that it's likely that the game will go over 2.5 goals tomorrow as I feel that both teams have shown strong attacking prowess lately. I think that the game will be edgy but a good game to watch as both sides give their all. Over 2.5 goals is available with Betfair @ 2 and I will go 8/10 on it.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Wigan v. QPR The second kick-off of the day, a match which starts just twenty-five minutes later, is Wigan v QPR. A match which, on the face of it, looks like a bore fest between two sides that are thought by many to be likely to be spending their seasons fighting against relegation. Joey Barton did sign for QPR earlier today, which would add brief excitement were it not for the fact that he is unable to play due to not having been registered within sufficient time. Last time out, QPR surprised most by taking three points away from Goodison Park. Wigan meanwhile had a highly 'entertaining' 0-0 draw against Swansea, a game which they could have won had it not been for Vorm, the Swansea goalkeeper, saving Ben Watson's weakly hit penalty. So what will happen tomorrow? Well, you know my hunch but let's try to look at the facts of the two sides. QPR are a newly promoted side and so have little Premiership form behind them but are likely to be playing with a feel good factor after their victory against Everton and the recent takeover of the club. The fans will likely be of good voice, many of the fans are season ticket holders who have had the price of their season tickets refunded by the new owners. QPR have not lost in their last three visits away to Wigan, having drawn two and won one of their three meetings. Wigan have only kept one clean sheet in their last twelve home Premiership fixtures, quite an awful rate which, given their inability to often find the net, they will have to step up if they are to survive this season. QPR meanwhile have managed to record an impressive eight clean sheets in their last twelve fixtures away from home, doesn't bode well for Wigan scoring a bucket load tomorrow, does it? Under 2.5 goals is available @ 1.73 and seems the bet to take given the recent record. I have a hunch that one of the sides will win and that the game will not finish as a draw. Wigan have drawn both their opening fixtures in the Premiership and I cannot believe that there will be three draws in a row. I think that it's more likely that Wigan will win as QPR have struggled to find the target so far this season, according to Betfair, QPR have only hit the target three times. I will stick my neck out and say that Wigan will win 2-0 but, bet wise and for my tip here, I will stay with the under 2.5 goals and give it a 9/10 - bet with Betfair

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Oh and for the talk that says how superbly Manchester United played on Monday. I would have to say that yes, they did play well in second half but that Spurs played tactical suicide by as good as removing their central midfield. Spurs took off Livermore and Kranjcar for Pavyluchenko, a striker and Huddlestone, an unfit midfielder. Consequently, the second half was spent with Van Der Vaart, who rarely chases back as he prefers playing off the striker, not chasing back often enough and Huddlestone showing his lack of pace, and lack of match sharpness, as he struggled to run back to cover. Spurs were creators of their own downfall as much as Manchester United were victors because of their improved play in the second half. I would say that ahead of Manchester United's fixture against Arsenal, I think that Manchester United will win as they have a higher quality of available players and Arsenal barely have a midfield. I think that Manchester United will overrun Arsenal and win by at least a couple of goals but I will post my full match preview here nearer the time.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Aston Villa - Wolves: Draw @ 3.40 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Both teams have made a good start to the season. Villa drew 0-0 at Fulham and convincingly defeated Blackburn, 3-1, at home. Wolves won at Blackburn (1-2) and defeated Fulham, 2-0, at home (the teams have played the same opposition in the first 2 matches). Last season Wolves won at Villa (0-1) and Villa won at Wolves (1-2). The teams appear evenly matched at the moment. Villa has a bit of an edge given the home field advantage but this is countered by the extra confidence that Wolves is riding given the two consecutive wins. At this stage of the season and with both teams in sound condition, the draw will leave both satisfied. Swansea - Sunderland: Draw @ 3.34 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Both teams started the season with a 0-1-1 record and both haven't been particularly good in scoring (Swansea: 0:4 goals; Sunderland: 1:2 goals). Swansea's loss at Manchester City (4-0) was expected. Against Wigan's (0-0 result) weaker opposition they weren't able to do anything despite having control of the match at least in the first half. Swansea was a bit lucky since Wigan missed a penalty and 2 shots hit the woodwork. Sunderland got a good 1-1 draw at Liverpool and then lost to a weak Newcastle team at home (0-1). Sunderland is the more experienced side and may have a bit more quality, but they don't appear ready, at the moment, to get the goals needed for a win. Swansea is still trying to find its footing in the Premier League and it also appears unable, at the moment, to get the goal/s needed to win a match. We just may get a 0-0 or 1-1 stalemate here and the draw is a good bet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Aston Villa - Wolves draw @ 3.38 pinnacle Should be a very good tussle between these midlands rivals as both find themselves in good early form. Villa beat Blackburn 3-1 at home while Wolves won 2-1 on the road against them, while Wolves beat Fulham 2-0 at home and Villa drew 0-0 at Fulham, so not much between them on the basis of these results. Defensively both look good as they have good centrebacks with Dunne and Collins for Villa and Berra and Johnson for Wolves. In midfield both sides have honest and whole-hearted workers with N'Zgobia and Jarvis down their respectinve left flanks the only ones who look more than likely to create something. Up front, Bent and Doyle are two good strikers with an eye for goal, so when you compare both sides, there is not much that separates them. They have drawn 2 of their last 4 meetings, with the awy side winning the other 2, but Villa is a tough place to pick up 3 points, so like each of them to share the points here. (Score: 1-1). Wigan - QPR draw @ 3.37 pinnacle Wigan started their season with 1-1 draw with Norwich and then drew 0-0 with Swansea at home, as they are creating some chances but a lack of cutting edge up front means they are wasteful with the few chances they do create. QPR are similar in that they too do not have too much upfront though they did beat Everton 1-0 on the road, that was a subpar home performance. QPR were beaten 4-0 at home by Bolton which was another surprising result given that they had their best defence last year in the Championship. Their second game they rode their luck but managed to do enough to beat the Toffees as their defence maanged to keep a clean sheet. Both teams are similar in ability and will find themselves looking to avoid the relegation zone, and it is a game that looks like the defences will come out on top. (Score: 0-0) Everton @ 2.30 Everton were somewhat lethargic in their first game of the season, where they lacked their usual intensity that they are known for. Maybe it was not playing the week before or the problems off the pitch, but get the feeling the players will bounce back here as they will not be wanting to lose 2 games straight, as only more pressure will build up on the side. They get Arteta and Fellaini back in their starting side which should give them much more in the midfield. Defensively they are pretty good as Jagielka and Distin are tough to get through, while up front, Beckford is lively while Cahill always makes his presence felt in the box. Blackburn already look like they will be fighting stay out of relegation this early in the season as they do lack quality all over the park. While Samba's return should help their defence, hard to see thembreaking down a more determined Everton side, and expect the Toffees to put alot of pressure on them. Everton have won 3 of their last 4 meetings, scoring 8 goals and conceding just 3, and given that Blackburn seem to have more problems than Everton has, on the pitch, like Everton to win, while Blackburn loses their 3 rd straight game. (Score: 1-0) Chelsea - Norwich under 2.5 @ 2.87 pinnacle Chelsea have started the season with a 0-0 draw at Stoke and then a 2-1 home win over West Brom where they had to come back from conceding early and then left it late to win the game. They will face another side that will look to park the bus, as they know if they are too open, then they will get smashed. Norwich have drawn 1-1 away to Norwich and then 1-1 at home to Stoke, so they will keep it tight, and doubt that they wil offer much going forward. Chelsea have not shown so far their attacking capabilities, as they have looked rusty and in some cases, lacked creativity and imagination in the middle of the park. They will find it harder to breach (probably a 5 man) midfield here and though expect their class to tell in the end, doubt that it will be a comprehensive victory that is expected. (Score 2-0, with a late goal to ensure their win) Swansea - Sunderland draw @ 3.34 pinnacleSwansea are yet to open their account this season as they were well beaten 4-0 at Man City and then they held out Wigan for a 0-0 draw. They look like they will be scraping for every point this season, and now face a Sunderland side that has already shown will give you one good game followed by a poor one. They did well to come back and draw at Liverpool on opening day, and then did not offer much in the north east derby, as they lost to Newcastle. Defensively they look much better than last year with Brown partnering Ferdinand, and O'Shea also looking to come in, while their midfield work and toil to win the ball. Up front, Gyan and Sessegnon have shown that they can do things with the right service, but their midfield does not consistently give them the ball that they need. Both sides have problems scoring already this early in the season and can see these two teams getting a point each from this game. Liverpool - Bolton under 2.5 @ 2.22 pinnacle Liverpool will be looking to move on from their win over Arsenal and record their first home win for the season, whih they should have done against Sudnerland, but were lacklustre in the second half and dropped two points. Against Arsenal they showed that they were more like what is expected of them. The defence loked much more solid with Kelly on the right, and Enrique, with a game under his belt, looked composed, so the defence looks much more solid than at his in the past. Up front, Suarez is looking in great form and he will be a menace for this Bolton defence which allowed Man City to score 3 times in their 3-2 home loss to them last week. They did score 4 goals against QPR the week before, but with this good solid Liverpool defence, and also playing at Anfield where they have scored just 3 goals in their last 10 games there (but conceded 22 goals) as well as just 1 goal in their last 6 games all up against Liverpool, then this is one side they have problems with. Their own defence is good with Cahill and Knight there, while in front of them, Muamba and Re-Coker provide a good a screen. The odds on a Liverpool win are not that great, but the under is good value as both have the defences to keep this low scoring, but Liverpool may edge this mainly due to some class from Suarez. (Score: 1-0) August picks: 8-10 (+3.98)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August MAN U ARSENAL I watched the Arsenal Livo game last week and would like to address ppl here saying that arsenal held their own vs liverpool last week (and would've been 0-0 if not for red card). The only reason for this was because Dalglish played henderson, downing, carroll, adam and lucas from the start and didn't introduce Suarez and Meireles until the 70th minute !!! These new English players are good players but when played altogether at the same time they lack movement, penetration, craft etc etc. The difference was clear to see when the uruguayan and portreguese came on and just brought it all together and were giving arsene heart attacks. Anyway this is what awaits them at Old Traf only (arguably) to a greater extent. There won't be any hopeful balls to a clueless Carroll in this one I assure you that.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Possible starting XI's: Chelsea: Hilario, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Torres. Norwich: Ruddy, Naughton, Barnett, De Laet, Tierney, Bennett, Crofts, Johnson, Pilkington, Holt, C. Martin. Injuries: Chelsea: Cech, Luiz, Essien Norwich: Ayala, Ward, Vaughan Suspensions: Chelsea: Sturridge Chelsea had won their last 3 meetings here against Norwich with 4:0 all of them. Juan Mata will be on the bench, and I expect Chelsea to be strong motivated to produce much better football than last week against WBA. They will search for early goals, to avoid such situation and I expect Chelsea to lead at the half time, odds are 1.67 @ Paddy

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August West Brom v Stoke: West Brom to win 23/20 with Paddypower Considered leaving the Prem alone this weekend but I can just see me kicking myself tomorrow if I don't back this. Main reasons for this pick: * West Brom have been unfortunate to face both Man U and Chelsea in their first 2 games and weren't disgraced in either * Hodgson's teams tend to play well at home * Stoke tend to play poorly away (3 points from their last 11 Premier League away games) * Stoke played Thursday night and game might come a little too soon against fired-up opposition The more I think about it the more I like this bet. Good luck everyone (apart from those backing Stoke, obviously ;))

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August English Soccer 2011-2012 1W-4L-1P -4.22 units (20.00%) This is what you call "a tough start" to the EPL season... Swansea pick -138 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Swansea is looking for there first goal in the EPL and this would be a great game to do it with Sunderland yet to keep a clean sheet. This is probably a shit game to bet on considering neither of these teams could get it done against lesser sides in the League cup. But Swansea has been disciplined so far this campaign, with no cards. Yellow or Red that is. I look for them to keep it up and hopefully win this game 1-0 or so. At worst a 0-0 draw.

Everton @ 2.30 Everton were somewhat lethargic in their first game of the season, where they lacked their usual intensity that they are known for. Maybe it was not playing the week before or the problems off the pitch, but get the feeling the players will bounce back here as they will not be wanting to lose 2 games straight, as only more pressure will build up on the side. They get Arteta and Fellaini back in their starting side which should give them much more in the midfield. Defensively they are pretty good as Jagielka and Distin are tough to get through, while up front, Beckford is lively while Cahill always makes his presence felt in the box. Blackburn already look like they will be fighting stay out of relegation this early in the season as they do lack quality all over the park. While Samba's return should help their defence, hard to see thembreaking down a more determined Everton side, and expect the Toffees to put alot of pressure on them. Everton have won 3 of their last 4 meetings, scoring 8 goals and conceding just 3, and given that Blackburn seem to have more problems than Everton has, on the pitch, like Everton to win, while Blackburn loses their 3 rd straight game. (Score: 1-0)
Not sure I could trust Everton to win away from home but may take a win or draw bet at 1.30 with bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Hi all, been a while, but here's my picks for the weekend; Villa/Wolves over 2.5 goals. both teams are playing good attacking football so would expect this is a decent shout at around 1.9 on betfair QPR/Wigan under 2.5 goals. Neither team has really excited yet and can see this one being a bit cagey at around 1.7 on betfair. Chelsea HT/FT, no real value in the match win. HT/FT offers a good bit of value in a game chelsea should win. decided on this rather than the overs as can see a chelsea 1/2-0. Treble on the 3 offers a decent priced 5.4.

Swansea v Sunderland - Under 2.5 goals @ 1.79 (Pinnacle) Probably my only PL bet of the weekend, Sunderland usually keep it tight away from home and have also been struggling when it comes to scoring goals. Plus the fact I don't see many goals in the Swansea team at present. Think this will be a low-scoring game, could see this going 1-0 either way or maybe a goalless draw. The under 2.5 goals gives me some cover and is a decent enough price in my view. I'd have if closer to 1.66 mark here.
was looking at this myself too. Swansea's top scorer this year plays for Shrewsbury and Sunderland have spent money predominantly to solidify their defence. Under 1.5 goals may also be worth a look but this week's card is a bookie's dream

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Aston Villa v Wolves Both teams have got off to a great start, more notably Wolves. Villa introduce Stephen Ireland to the set-up, a talent that just needs his head to be settled. Wolves have looked very solid thus far and will be tough to break down, can see them maybe nicking a goal too but McLeish i feel will have a good home record with Villa this season. Very close match and i think the best value lies within the draw. Draw @ 12/5 Paddypower

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Wigan v QPR QPR got a fantastic win at Everton last time out and have now signed Joey Barton but i wont get too carried away with the win against Everton as Everton always start slow. Wigan have not set the world alight but they are undefeated thus far and have home advantage today, i find it hard to envisage QPR winning 2 on the trot away from home so i am backing a home win. WIGAN WIN @ 5/4 Paddypower

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Blackburn v Everton No matter how bad Everton were last weekend, i think Blackburn are just terrible. They dont have the players or the management to go far in this league this year, they are heavily reliant on Pederson and Hoilett and if Everton show up at all today they have too much quality i feel and i can see an away win here. EVERTON WIN @ 7/5 Paddypower

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Chelsea v Norwich I have not liked the way Chelsea have started the season one bit. They were fortunate to beat West Brom, they were very poor, completely outplayed at times at home to what we would call a poor enough side on the road and the manager at Chelsea has his work cut out i think. Norwich will come to Stamford Bridge with no fear whatsoever and with Chelsea not firing on all cylinders, i think the value bet must be a draw at good odds. DRAW @ 6/1 Bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Swansea v Sunderland Tough match to call this.. Swansea create a lot of chances and have lots of possession but they failed to use them opportunites thus far and they will continue to be punished if this persists. Swansea if taking their chances have a big chance today but i am going to side with the premier league experience of sunderland to come through. SUNDERLAND WIN @ 85/40 (VC)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Liverpool v Bolton I think the bookies are writing off Bolton... Dont know why as they hammered QPR 4-0 and scored 2 goals at home to City, even though they lost City are a far superior team to Liverpool. If Sunderland can go to Anfield and get a draw handily enough then there is no reason why Bolton cant do the same, they will make it tough for Liverpool to break them down and the Carroll threat they will be well aware of os Bolton are very physical. Can see the draw here being a bit overpriced. DRAW @ 15/4 (VC)

Aston Villa v Wolves Both teams have got off to a great start, more notably Wolves. Villa introduce Stephen Ireland to the set-up, a talent that just needs his head to be settled. Wolves have looked very solid thus far and will be tough to break down, can see them maybe nicking a goal too but McLeish i feel will have a good home record with Villa this season. Very close match and i think the best value lies within the draw. Draw @ 12/5 Paddypower
Great start to the weekend!! :ok

Wigan v QPR QPR got a fantastic win at Everton last time out and have now signed Joey Barton but i wont get too carried away with the win against Everton as Everton always start slow. Wigan have not set the world alight but they are undefeated thus far and have home advantage today, i find it hard to envisage QPR winning 2 on the trot away from home so i am backing a home win. WIGAN WIN @ 5/4 Paddypower
2/2... Wigan played well, QPR should have scored only for the woodwork 3 times but Wigan win 2-0, happy days! :ok

Wigan v. QPR The second kick-off of the day, a match which starts just twenty-five minutes later, is Wigan v QPR. A match which, on the face of it, looks like a bore fest between two sides that are thought by many to be likely to be spending their seasons fighting against relegation. Joey Barton did sign for QPR earlier today, which would add brief excitement were it not for the fact that he is unable to play due to not having been registered within sufficient time. Last time out, QPR surprised most by taking three points away from Goodison Park. Wigan meanwhile had a highly 'entertaining' 0-0 draw against Swansea, a game which they could have won had it not been for Vorm, the Swansea goalkeeper, saving Ben Watson's weakly hit penalty. So what will happen tomorrow? Well, you know my hunch but let's try to look at the facts of the two sides. QPR are a newly promoted side and so have little Premiership form behind them but are likely to be playing with a feel good factor after their victory against Everton and the recent takeover of the club. The fans will likely be of good voice, many of the fans are season ticket holders who have had the price of their season tickets refunded by the new owners. QPR have not lost in their last three visits away to Wigan, having drawn two and won one of their three meetings. Wigan have only kept one clean sheet in their last twelve home Premiership fixtures, quite an awful rate which, given their inability to often find the net, they will have to step up if they are to survive this season. QPR meanwhile have managed to record an impressive eight clean sheets in their last twelve fixtures away from home, doesn't bode well for Wigan scoring a bucket load tomorrow, does it? Under 2.5 goals is available @ 1.73 and seems the bet to take given the recent record. I have a hunch that one of the sides will win and that the game will not finish as a draw. Wigan have drawn both their opening fixtures in the Premiership and I cannot believe that there will be three draws in a row. I think that it's more likely that Wigan will win as QPR have struggled to find the target so far this season, according to Betfair, QPR have only hit the target three times. I will stick my neck out and say that Wigan will win 2-0 but, bet wise and for my tip here, I will stay with the under 2.5 goals and give it a 9/10 - bet with Betfair
Can't get more correct than that, can I? :cigar:nana Too bad about the Villa one, the game was very attacking, at least from Villa. I lost my bet but I don't regret my pick as I think I made the right choice based on the recent form and past history.

2/2... Wigan played well' date=' QPR should have scored only for the woodwork 3 times but Wigan win 2-0, happy days! :ok[/quote'] Good start to the weekend for you! :clap

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 27-28 August Why in gods name is Anelka not starting today??? I think it is absolutely bonkers!!! He is nearly always good value for a goal at home to the lesser sides, Torres is a waste of money and Drogba is out of sorts... Pfffffffttt cant get my head round it, Anelka was excellent in the last game..