** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > League 1 > 27 August

Saturday 27 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Yeovil Town v Sheffield United (13:00 BST) 3.4 3.5 2.25 102.43 %
maximize.gif AFC Bournemouth v Walsall (15:00 BST) 1.91 3.5 4.5 103.15 %
maximize.gif Brentford v Tranmere Rovers (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.5 4.33 104.03 %
maximize.gif Bury v Charlton Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.87 3.4 2.4 105.86 %
maximize.gif Colchester United v Oldham Athletic (15:00 BST) 2 3.45 4 103.99 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Chesterfield (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.45 3.3 103.73 %
maximize.gif Huddersfield Town v Wycombe Wanderers (15:00 BST) 1.62 3.75 6.5 103.78 %
maximize.gif Leyton Orient v Carlisle United (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.4 2.84 104.62 %
maximize.gif Milton Keynes Dons v Stevenage (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.5 4.33 104.03 %
maximize.gif Preston North End v Notts County (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.55 4.24 104.39 %
maximize.gif Rochdale v Hartlepool United (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.35 3.25 105.06 %
maximize.gif Sheffield Wednesday v Scunthorpe United (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.4 3.8 103.35 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 27 August MK Dons have gotta be worth a punt @ 5/6 against Stevenage havent they? Won 3/4 of their opening league games and off the back of thrashing Norwich they should be more than confident! They have 3 in-form forwards in Baldock, Bowditch and Ibehre and are generally hard to beat at home, as many of the top sides found last season. Stevenage have had a reasonable start and are still unbeaten but i think the Dons offer good value this weekend :hope

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 27 August Sheffield Wednesday v Scunthorpe Backing Wednesday here at a good price. The owls are undefeated at home in 7 games, playing well atm under Megson who also keeps it tight at the back. Scunthorpe have just endured an extra time defeat to Newcastle under 48 hours before this game so there should be some tired legs out there certainly. Sheffield Wednesday - William Hill 2.15

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 27 August Gonna lay Orient - contingent on team news. We have been poor since the season started. New keeper David Button will start but the problems lie elsewhere in the team. If we are going to start 4-4-2, then I can't see us scoring. We're playing more or less the same system as last season but not with the same players able to play it.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 27 August

Sheffield Wednesday v Scunthorpe Backing Wednesday here at a good price. The owls are undefeated at home in 7 games, playing well atm under Megson who also keeps it tight at the back. Scunthorpe have just endured an extra time defeat to Newcastle under 48 hours before this game so there should be some tired legs out there certainly. Sheffield Wednesday - William Hill 2.15
Agree with this. Not much more I can add. Wednesday have had a solid start at home with 2 wins and some reasonable performances by all accounts. Scunny are still winless this season and have drawn their two away games this far. The 120 minutes they played against Newcastle is sure to take it's toll.

MK Dons have gotta be worth a punt @ 5/6 against Stevenage havent they? Won 3/4 of their opening league games and off the back of thrashing Norwich they should be more than confident! They have 3 in-form forwards in Baldock, Bowditch and Ibehre and are generally hard to beat at home, as many of the top sides found last season. Stevenage have had a reasonable start and are still unbeaten but i think the Dons offer good value this weekend :hope
Any fans looking to back MK Dons, beware that Sam Baldock, one of MK Dons star players, has left for West Ham.

Any fans looking to back MK Dons' date=' beware that Sam Baldock, one of MK Dons star players, has left for West Ham.[/quote'] But they have added Charlie McDonald from Brentford a proven scorer in League 1 (Brentford's leading scorer in the last 2 or 3 seasons off the top of my head).

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 27 August Can't argue with what has already been written about Wednesday; we look a different team at home, and while Scunthorpe may provide the first real test, I think at anything around evens we are a value bet. After my success with my first goal scorer bet for the first game against Rochdale, I'm backing a similar bet today for identical reasons. First Goalscorer - Reda Johnson 28/1 @ Coral - 0.5pt Anytime Goalscorer - Reda Johnson 9/1 @ Coral - 1pt Simply, I feel this price for a man who is very dangerous from set pieces (something Megson is building our team around). Julian Bennett is providing long throws, so this is another area for Johnson to attack in as well as corners. Johnson had a perfectly legitimate goal at Bury ruled out for going within 10 yards of the keeper, and is looking menacing when given the chance to attack the ball in the air. The odds suggest it won't happen, but 9/1 anytime is simply too high to turn down, and other bookies agree with him being as low as 5/1 in places. Sorry for the short explanation, just didn't want to repeat my post from the first game of the season and bore you all, as it is essentially the same reasoning! Good luck all.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 27 August Sheffield Wednesday vs Scunthorpe Apologies in advance but this boy went out and got blasted last night so I'm writing this whilst still drunk :nana As previously reported Scunny had a game on Thursday night which went to Extra time, I expect that Sheff Wed will be sharper as the team we played against Blackburn was a semi-reserve XI and there will be around 8 or 9 changes today. Sheff Wed are 2 from 2 at home in the league and have only conceeded 1 goal in 3 matches (0-0 draw with Blackpool in cup too) and I expect us to go out and look to get the first goal and dominate the play. As a result I'm putting all 10pts on Sheff Wed to win @ 1.91 with William Hills - I think we should be more around the 1.80 or even 1.73 mark. GL all

Sheffield Wednesday vs Scunthorpe Apologies in advance but this boy went out and got blasted last night so I'm writing this whilst still drunk :nana As previously reported Scunny had a game on Thursday night which went to Extra time, I expect that Sheff Wed will be sharper as the team we played against Blackburn was a semi-reserve XI and there will be around 8 or 9 changes today. Sheff Wed are 2 from 2 at home in the league and have only conceeded 1 goal in 3 matches (0-0 draw with Blackpool in cup too) and I expect us to go out and look to get the first goal and dominate the play. As a result I'm putting all 10pts on Sheff Wed to win @ 1.91 with William Hills - I think we should be more around the 1.80 or even 1.73 mark. GL all
Although Scunthrope may not have won a game this season and do look in bad form but I watched the game against newcastle and must say that they preformed pretty well and also they took the lead in the match with a well taken goal and created another bunch of chances that could of secured the game, it was a quality freekick that levelled the tie for Newcastle in the 80th minute which must have took it out of Scunthorpe after playing well up until then. I would say that some of their players may get tired towards the end of the game but it still will not be a roll over for Wednesday. for my reasons above I would bet on the following: Under 2.5 Shefflied Wednesday - AH :hope