** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > League 2 > 27 August

Saturday 27 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Accrington Stanley v Burton Albion (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.2 105.11 %
maximize.gif Bradford City v Barnet (15:00 BST) 2.4 3.4 3.1 103.34 %
maximize.gif Bristol Rovers v Hereford United (15:00 BST) 1.61 3.7 6 105.60 %
maximize.gif Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town (15:00 BST) 4.5 3.6 1.91 102.36 %
maximize.gif Dagenham & Redbridge v Torquay United (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.25 104.63 %
maximize.gif Macclesfield Town v AFC Wimbledon (15:00 BST) 2.77 3.4 2.62 103.61 %
maximize.gif Northampton Town v Morecambe (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.55 3.5 104.36 %
maximize.gif Oxford United v Aldershot Town (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.55 4.2 104.36 %
maximize.gif Plymouth Argyle v Crewe Alexandra (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.45 2.9 103.47 %
maximize.gif Port Vale v Southend United (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.4 104.28 %
maximize.gif Rotherham United v Gillingham (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.25 104.63 %
maximize.gif Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.4 103.27 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 27 August

Sport Football (England - L2)
Event Bristol Rovers - Hereford
Selection Bristol Rovers
Strength 10/10
Date 27/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.65
Reasoning Generous home odds here in a game feturing a home team, led by Paul Buckle who almost guided Torquay up last year. He has more resources this season and should be picking up 3 points at home to a team likely to be facing relegation come May. Early games have seen good performances, although they have been unable to pick up as many points as they would have liked. One goal in 4 games for Hereford and that does not include 4 of the better teams either. Rovers should be aiming for nothing less than 3 points here and Hereford will be lucky to come away with just one. Prices are already as low as 1.53 and I would be surprised to see bookies offering over 1.60 by Saturday.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 27 August Bit of info for the Bradford V Barnet game. Our manager Peter Jackson was trying to bring in 2 players on loan from Huddersfield. He took training as normal, no issues. A board meeting took place earlier and he has supposedly resigned. No one is buying this bullshit at all, the club is in turmoil. Archie Christie has been brought in to look after a development team and it seems like Christie and one of the chairmen (Mark Lawn) have been meddling in team affairs so Jacko has quit. We face Barnet on Saturday and they have to be worth backing, they came to Valley Parade last season and played us off the park, beating us 3-1 yet many League 2 fans said Barnet were the worst team they had seen in the league and they only just stayed up. Barnet have experience up front and expect to see Izale McLeod on the scoresheet, he will run our defence ragged. Sad times at Bradford. :(

Bit of info for the Bradford V Barnet game. Our manager Peter Jackson was trying to bring in 2 players on loan from Huddersfield. He took training as normal' date=' no issues. A board meeting took place earlier and he has supposedly resigned. No one is buying this bullshit at all, the club is in turmoil. Archie Christie has been brought in to look after a development team and it seems like Christie and one of the chairmen (Mark Lawn) have been meddling in team affairs so Jacko has quit. We face Barnet on Saturday and they have to be worth backing, they came to Valley Parade last season and played us off the park, beating us 3-1 yet many League 2 fans said Barnet were the worst team they had seen in the league and they only just stayed up. Barnet have experience up front and expect to see Izale McLeod on the scoresheet, he will run our defence ragged. Sad times at Bradford. :([/quote'] Yea, I have recently started latching on to Barnet. Normally playing DNB on them when away from home with the bookies offering very good prices basing the fact on that they're a "small" team who are always expected to struggle, seem a really tough side to beat on your own park and are definately an improving side. I add Macclesfield to this also!

Event Bristol Rovers - Hereford
Selection Bristol Rovers
Strength 10/10
Date 27/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.65
Reasoning Generous home odds here in a game feturing a home team, led by Paul Buckle who almost guided Torquay up last year. He has more resources this season and should be picking up 3 points at home to a team likely to be facing relegation come May. Early games have seen good performances, although they have been unable to pick up as many points as they would have liked. One goal in 4 games for Hereford and that does not include 4 of the better teams either. Rovers should be aiming for nothing less than 3 points here and Hereford will be lucky to come away with just one. Prices are already as low as 1.53 and I would be surprised to see bookies offering over 1.60 by Saturday.
I've been looking at this from a different angle. Granted Hereford have made a dismal start but at least they appear to have steadied the ship to some degree, against Wimbledon last week and Villa midweek. In addition they had a pretty decent away record last year which was in total contrast to their home form. I know I can't exactly stand here shouting Hereford to win from the roof tops but at odds of 5/1 I don't think they can be written off so easily. In addition Rovers played an extra 30 minutes against Watford which isn't the best prep. I'll be with Hereford in some shape or form as I feel the odds are too big.

Yea' date=' I have recently started latching on to Barnet. Normally playing DNB on them when away from home with the bookies offering very good prices basing the fact on that they're a "small" team who are always expected to struggle, seem a really tough side to beat on your own park and are definately an improving side. I add Macclesfield to this also![/quote'] I must admit this one caught my eye. Well the odds on Barnet did anyway. The bookies tend to give a bit too much respect to Bradford in this division which up until now is totally undeserved. Sleeping giant in the division I know but that doesn't guarantee points. Jackson's dismissal has thrown a bit of a spanner into the works :unsure I'm still very tempted with Barnet though at odds of 11/5 with Stan James.

I must admit this one caught my eye. Well the odds on Barnet did anyway. The bookies tend to give a bit too much respect to Bradford in this division which up until now is totally undeserved. Sleeping giant in the division I know but that doesn't guarantee points. Jackson's dismissal has thrown a bit of a spanner into the works :unsure I'm still very tempted with Barnet though at odds of 11/5 with Stan James.
May get a positive reaction from Bradford, when a manager goes there are always a few players that are happy to see him go and a few other players who see this as an opportunity to impress, so think I will stay away from this one, but good luck if you take Barnet

Event Accrington - Burton
Selection Both teams to score
Strength 10/10
Date 27/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.72
Reasoning both teams are attack minded and, between them have scored in all their opening games, bar one. accrington have dominated the stats in their 2 home games but have conceded 2 goals from just 2 shots on targets by their opposition. Accrington only failed to score at home twice last year, scoring 53 goals. Burton have scored in all 4 games but it should be noted that they have played 4 teams who would consider themselves promotion candidates.

Event Macclesfield - AFC Dons
Selection AFC Dons, Double Chance
Strength 10/10
Date 27/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.53
Reasoning Remarkable price here, considering the options from other companies. Macclesfield have scored just once this season so far, against relegation battling Hereford and last year they won just 6 home games in total. The dons are in their first season at this level and after a disappointing opening defeat to Bristol Rovers, they have taken 7 points from 3 games, including games at previously relegated teams Plymouth and Dagenham. I fancy the dons to be taking at least a point here. Other bookies have between 1.40-1.42 for the same bet and 10bet even go as low as 1.33!

May get a positive reaction from Bradford' date=' when a manager goes there are always a few players that are happy to see him go and a few other players who see this as an opportunity to impress, so think I will stay away from this one, but good luck if you take Barnet[/quote'] Yes it sometimes works like that. However I've decided to be a bit more adventurous and risk Barnet on the handicap in the hope that if they happen to nick the first goal the pressure might become unbearable in an already tension laden atmosphere. I read Jackson's post match after the Dagger's defeat where he described his team as young and energetic but this encounter would probably benefit a more experienced side. Also Barnet do have the potential upfront to do damage as Mowgli77 stated earlier. Barnet -1 @ 13/2 Stan James