** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August

Friday 26 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hertha BSC v VfB Stuttgart (19:30 BST) 2.74 3.6 2.77 100.38 %
Saturday 27 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif 1. FC Kaiserslautern v FC Bayern München (14:30 BST) 6.61 4.6 1.56 100.97 %
maximize.gif 1. FC Nürnberg v FC Augsburg (14:30 BST) 1.85 3.76 5.1 100.26 %
maximize.gif 1899 Hoffenheim v Werder Bremen (14:30 BST) 2.44 3.61 3.1 100.94 %
maximize.gif Hamburger SV v 1. FC Köln (14:30 BST) 1.95 3.79 4.43 100.18 %
maximize.gif SC Freiburg v VfL Wolfsburg (14:30 BST) 2.9 3.62 2.56 101.17 %
maximize.gif Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Borussia Dortmund (17:30 BST) 2.82 3.5 2.7 101.07 %
Sunday 28 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hannover 96 v 1. FSV Mainz 05 (14:30 BST) 2.32 3.6 3.5 99.45 %
maximize.gif FC Schalke 04 v Borussia Mönchengladbach (16:30 BST) 1.81 3.96 5 100.50 %

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August i would not trust hoffenheim here. they have been lucky to get wins so far and that was mainly due to sejad salihovic scoring in all three games but their real strikers haven't kicked off yet. i don't see left winger sejad saving them again especially as bremen have improved. my tip is draw

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Hertha - Stuttgart: Stuttgart @ 3.10 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 I don't think that it is justified for Hertha to be favourites. The hosts have a 0-2-1 record which reflects a bit of luck, I think. Hertha has 2 draws in the 2 most recent matches. At Hamburg they scored in the 88' to draw 2-2 and at Hannover they scored in the 83' to draw 1-1. Hertha was promoted back to the Budesliga 1 and is still trying to find its footing. Stuttgart started off the season with a 1-1-1 record. After an impressive 3-0 win at home against Schalke, Stuttgart drew at Gladbach (1-1) and lost at home, 0-1, to Leverkusen. In both of the latter matches, Stuttgart held its ground and indicated that it can play it tight as an away team and against top competition. Stuttgart has a more experienced and better quality roster at this level. The odds for the away win are attractive and are worth the risk. Freiburg - Wolfsburg: Wolfsburg @ 2.60 (Betfred) 10/10 Wolfsburg's odds are very generous for this match, I think. The hosts started the season with a 0-1-2 record (6:9 goals) including a home loss against Mainz (1-2) and away loss against Werder (5-3). The draw came at Augsburg (2-2). It is clear that Freiburg has some issues in defense and will find it difficult to cope with a team that scored 3 goals in its first away match. Wolfsburg started the season with a 1-0-2 record (4:5 goals) but the results don't necessarily reflect the team's ability. In the first week, the guests convincingly won at Cologne 0-3. Wolfsburg lost, at home, to Bayern (0-1) in what was generally seen as an unlucky result. The 4-1 loss at Gladbach was a match that started well (0-1 in the 13') but then went terribly wrong and doesn't really reflect Wolfsburg's ability. The guests have a superior roster and should be able to defeat a defensively weak Freiburg team. The odds are very attractive for Wolfsburg's win. Good Luck...:hope

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August German Soccer 2011-2012 0W-2L-0P -2.11 units (0.00%) Hertha pick -130 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Hertha has shown good progress in the last couple of weeks with 2 draws. Bulahrouz is suspended and that should help Hertha's attack for sure.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August

German Soccer 2011-2012 0W-2L-0P -2.11 units (0.00%) Hertha pick -130 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Hertha has shown good progress in the last couple of weeks with 2 draws. Bulahrouz is suspended and that should help Hertha's attack for sure.
Last two performances by Hertha were very poor. First against Hamburge SV which is playing without idea , second against Hannover where they should lose. Today , Hertha will play against strong Stuttgart. Away has few misses in defence but coach will concentrate on offensive game. Stuttgarte has one of best offensive in Bundesliga but the have weak efficiency. Today clear win by Stuttgart for me. Big Value here. Stuttgart @ 3,10 Stuttgart (AH-1) @ 5,20

Last two performances by Hertha were very poor. First against Hamburge SV which is playing without idea , second against Hannover where they should lose. Today , Hertha will play against strong Stuttgart. Away has few misses in defence but coach will concentrate on offensive game. Stuttgarte has one of best offensive in Bundesliga but the have weak efficiency. Today clear win by Stuttgart for me. Big Value here. Stuttgart @ 3,10 Stuttgart (AH-1) @ 5,20
I watched the highlights of that one, as I had Hertha Double Chance, and Hertha absolutely humped Hamburg. Draw was the very least they deserved. That was a good bet, so I felt I needed to defend Hertha :lol

You have actually now idea:rollin Berlin was much better than Hamburg.They drew 2-2 but they deserved to win 4-2 against Hamburg.Against Hannover they weren't that bad.I think you are just telling something to supports your pick but without any knowledge.

You have actually now idea:rollin Berlin was much better than Hamburg.They drew 2-2 but they deserved to win 4-2 against Hamburg.Against Hannover they weren't that bad.I think you are just telling something to supports your pick but without any knowledge.
Of course brother you are 100% right in this post :clap Trust me , I spend a lot of time with Bundesliga and know something about this league but I do not like write here long analysis. With Hamburg it was "mistake game". In your opinion Hertha , yes but there is not quality. At the moment they are to weak to fight with strong team as Stuttgart. Hannover showed nothing special , they did not play on 100 %. If we compare Hertha and Stuttgart , away side is much stronger in all aspects. Good Luck with Hertha , Master :p

Of course brother you are 100% right in this post :clap Trust me , I spend a lot of time with Bundesliga and know something about this league but I do not like write here long analysis. With Hamburg it was "mistake game". In your opinion Hertha , yes but there is not quality. At the moment they are to weak to fight with strong team as Stuttgart. Hannover showed nothing special , they did not play on 100 %. If we compare Hertha and Stuttgart , away side is much stronger in all aspects. Good Luck with Hertha , Master :p
I just wanted to explain that they have been much better than Hamburg.I didn't say something else regarding their match against Stuttgart.You may watch the Bundesliga but I am from Germany and therfore I follow this league very much.

I just wanted to explain that they have been much better than Hamburg.I didn't say something else regarding their match against Stuttgart.You may watch the Bundesliga but I am from Germany and therfore I follow this league very much.
Ok, man :cheers Hertha bought lucky on lottery :$. They didn't deserve to take 3 points. Stuttgart showed better performance with many chance to score. Lucky for Hertha ( first half and clear penalty for Stuttgart )

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August How do we feel about Bayren Munich 'to keep a clean sheet' @ 2.40 or 'to win to nil @2.80 on paddypower? Bayren have only allowed 1 goal in 5 games including Champions League.. I read that they have been focused on improving their defense this season and it seems to be paying off..What is Kaiserslautern's attack like? they've taken 2 points from 3 games, scored 2 and allowed 4, also they havent won a game just 2draw's and a lose. is their value here, are Bayren over priced?

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August First of all, a big hello to everyone! :) I have to admit that I didn't follow Bayern's recent matches very closely, but with Robben missing out on Saturday I couldn't back them with confidence at such low prices. Yes, they recorded quite easy wins against Hamburg and Zurich in the Champions League play-offs, but Hamburg were in complete turmoil while the Swiss side failed to really trouble the Bayern backline. Of course Bayern possess a lot of quality and must be expected to beat Kaiserslautern, yet today's match is likely to be largely different. Last season, on 27 August (!) 2010, Kaiserslautern put up a stunning performance and ran out deserved 2-0 winners, and although a repeat of that feat cannot be expected, the atmosphere within the stadium will be terrific, as is always the case when Bayern visit the "Betzenberg". The question is whether Kaiserslautern will be able to rise to the occasion once again. So far, they haven't been too convincing, losing away to Bremen and getting two draws against Augsburg and away to Cologne. After the departure of Lakic, his replacement, Shechter, still has to adapt to Bundesliga football, and it remains to be seen where their goals will come from in the next few weeks. Bayern should edge this one, but I get the feeling that the difference in class is not as big as the odds might suggest. Why not a player getting sent off? I'm leaning towards the Bayern player Rafinha who tends to overdo things at times... ;) In any case, good luck!

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Starting line-up FC Kaiserslautern K. Trapp F. Dick M. Amedick Rodnei L. Jessen C. Tiffert T. Petsos O. Kirch R. Sukuta-Pasu I. Ilicevic I. Shechter Starting line-up Bayern Munich M. Neuer J. Boateng D. van Buyten H. Badstuber P. Lahm Luiz Gustavo B. Schweinsteiger T. Müller F. Ribéry M.Gomez

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Starting line-up Bayer Leverkusen B. Leno G. Castro Ö. Toprak S. Reinartz M. Kadlec R. Augusto L. Bender S. Rolfes S. Sam A. Schürrle S. Kießling Starting line-up Borussia Dortmund R. Weidenfeller L. Piszczek N. Subotic M. Hummels M. Schmelzer S. Bender I. Gündogan M. Götze S. Kagawa K. Großkreutz Lewandowski

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Starting line-up Hoffenheim T. Starke A. Beck I. Vorsah M. Compper E. Braafheid S. Salihovic R. Firmino S. Rudy F. Johnson C. Obasi R. Babel Starting line-up Werder Bremen T. Wiese S. Papastathopoulos P. Mertesacker A. Wolf L. Schmitz P. Bargfrede C. Fritz A. Hunt M. Marin C. Pizarro M. Rosenberg

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Starting line-up SC Freiburg O. Baumann D. Williams O. Barth P. Krmas F. Bastians J. Flum C. Makiadi D. Caligiuri J. Schuster A. Putsila P. Cissé Starting line-up VfL Wolfsburg D. Benaglio P. Ochs S. Kyrgiakos M. Russ M. Schäfer C. Träsch Josué M. Hasebe T. Hitzlsperger M. Mandžukic P. Helmes

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Starting line-up Hamburger SV J. Drobný D. Diekmeier J. Bruma H. Westermann D. Aogo D. Jarolim T. Rincón H. Son P. Guerrero M. Jansen M. Petric Starting line-up FC Köln M. Varvodic M. Brecko Sereno P. Geromel C. Eichner M. Lanig S. Riether S. Peszko M. Jajalo L. Podolski M. Novakovic

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Starting line-up FC Nürnberg P. Rakovsky T. Chandler P. Wollscheid T. Klose H. Pínola A. Cohen M. Feulner J. Hegeler T. Simons A. Esswein T. Pekhart Starting line-up FC Augsburg S. Jentzsch M. Ndjeng G. Sankoh J. De Roeck D. Reinhardt H. Hosogai J. Callsen-Bracker A. Gogia D. Baier T. Werner Molders

First of all, a big hello to everyone! :) I have to admit that I didn't follow Bayern's recent matches very closely, but with Robben missing out on Saturday I couldn't back them with confidence at such low prices. Yes, they recorded quite easy wins against Hamburg and Zurich in the Champions League play-offs, but Hamburg were in complete turmoil while the Swiss side failed to really trouble the Bayern backline. Of course Bayern possess a lot of quality and must be expected to beat Kaiserslautern, yet today's match is likely to be largely different. Last season, on 27 August (!) 2010, Kaiserslautern put up a stunning performance and ran out deserved 2-0 winners, and although a repeat of that feat cannot be expected, the atmosphere within the stadium will be terrific, as is always the case when Bayern visit the "Betzenberg". The question is whether Kaiserslautern will be able to rise to the occasion once again. So far, they haven't been too convincing, losing away to Bremen and getting two draws against Augsburg and away to Cologne. After the departure of Lakic, his replacement, Shechter, still has to adapt to Bundesliga football, and it remains to be seen where their goals will come from in the next few weeks. Bayern should edge this one, but I get the feeling that the difference in class is not as big as the odds might suggest. Why not a player getting sent off? I'm leaning towards the Bayern player Rafinha who tends to overdo things at times... ;) In any case, good luck!
:welcome Chris. Super first post.

How do we feel about Bayren Munich 'to keep a clean sheet' @ 2.40 or 'to win to nil @2.80 on paddypower? Bayren have only allowed 1 goal in 5 games including Champions League.. I read that they have been focused on improving their defense this season and it seems to be paying off..What is Kaiserslautern's attack like? they've taken 2 points from 3 games, scored 2 and allowed 4, also they havent won a game just 2draw's and a lose. is their value here, are Bayren over priced?
3-0 Bayren :beer

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Starting line-up Hannover 96 R. Zieler S. Cherundolo K. Haggui E. Pogatetz C. Schulz M. Schmiedebach S. Pinto L. Stindl K. Rausch J. Schlaudraff M. Abdellaoue Starting line-up FSV Mainz 05 H. Müller Z. Pospech B. Svensson N. Noveski M. Caligiuri E. Polanski E. Soto M. Risse A. Ivanschitz E. Choupo-Moting S. Allagui

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 26-28 August Starting line-up Schalke 04 R. Fährmann M. Höger B. Höwedes J. Matip C. Fuchs K. Papadopoulos L. Holtby J. Morávek Raúl J. Draxler K. Huntelaar Starting line-up Borussia Mönchengladbach M. ter Stegen T. Jantschke R. Brouwers Bonfim Dante F. Daems H. Nordtveit R. Neustädter M. Reus J. Arango R. Bobadilla M. Hanke