** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23

BlueSQ North Monday 22 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hyde FC v Hinckley United (19:45 BST) 8/13 3 5 103.57 %
Tuesday 23 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bishop's Stortford v Solihull Moors (19:45 BST) 6/5 5/2 13/8 112.12 %
maximize.gif Eastwood Town v Gloucester City (19:45 BST) 11/10 13/5 7/4 111.76 %
maximize.gif FC Halifax Town v Colwyn Bay (19:45 BST) 4/9 3 9/2 112.41 %
maximize.gif Gainsborough Trinity v Corby Town (19:45 BST) 11/8 13/5 11/8 111.99 %
maximize.gif Guiseley v Blyth Spartans (19:45 BST) 4/5 13/5 5/2 111.90 %
maximize.gif Harrogate Town v Droylsden (19:45 BST) 5/4 13/5 6/4 112.22 %
maximize.gif Histon v Worcester City (19:45 BST) 6/5 5/2 13/8 112.12 %
maximize.gif Nuneaton Town v Boston United (19:45 BST) 5/4 13/5 6/4 112.22 %
maximize.gif Vauxhall Motors v Altrincham FC (19:45 BST) 13/8 5/2 6/5 112.12 %
maximize.gif Workington v Stalybridge Celtic (19:45 BST) 5/2 13/5 4/5 111.90 %
BlueSQ Bet South Monday 22 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Boreham Wood v Basingstoke Town (19:45 BST) 6/5 14/5 2 105.10 %
maximize.gif Chelmsford City v Farnborough (19:45 BST) 17/20 14/5 10/3 103.10 %
Tuesday 23 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Dover Athletic v Dartford (19:45 BST) 4/5 13/5 5/2 111.90 %
maximize.gif Eastbourne Borough v Bromley (19:45 BST) 4/5 13/5 5/2 111.90 %
maximize.gif Eastleigh v Woking (19:45 BST) 3 11/4 4/6 111.67 %
maximize.gif Hampton & Richmond v Dorchester Town (19:45 BST) 5/4 13/5 6/4 112.22 %
maximize.gif Maidenhead United v Thurrock (19:45 BST) 11/10 13/5 7/4 111.76 %
maximize.gif Salisbury City v Truro City (19:45 BST) 6/5 5/2 13/8 112.12 %
maximize.gif Sutton United v Staines Town (19:45 BST) 4/5 13/5 5/2 111.90 %
maximize.gif Welling United v Tonbridge Angels (19:45 BST) 4/5 13/5 5/2 111.90 %
maximize.gif Weston-super-Mare v Havant & Waterlooville (19:45 BST) 11/8 13/5 11/8 111.99 %

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 Skybet's list for Tuesday is rich enough but I'll refrain from commenting for now. On Monday there are a decent set of numbers and I'm surprised to see Farnborough coming in a few places. They are still a young side and, though clearly spirited, they are capable of lapses in concentration. They will pick up results against weaker sides, but in Chelmsford they face a side much further into their development cycle. I'll continue to monitor the drift but 17/20 Chelmsford City at Betinternet is worth taking.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 Altrincham away at Vauxhall Motors (5/4 VC Bet) I'm happy to follow Alty again this week, although it has to be said that Vauxhall Motors are a decent side who have been playing some good stuff and deserved to win at Boston (a side that will be closer to the bottom than the top this season, I feel). But Altrincham are the most experienced and capable side that VM have faced this season, and I can't see the home side keeping them out. The performance against Histon was an improvement on what had gone before and they look like they are finding their feet at the right time.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 Elsewhere, I have my eye on some of the home prices in the South, all of which are on the drift in places. Eastbourne Borough got back to something like form at Dorchester, and can continue that improvement at home to a Bromley side who were second best to Maidenhead United on Saturday. Eastbourne at 19/20 with Titanbet is higher than I can make it. Sutton United have too much in the locker for me against a Staines Town side that are not creating enough. A best of Evs at Sportingbet. There are some signs that Welling United have added a clinical edge to their excellent approach play and I think they'll have too much for a Tonbridge Angels side who had it quite easy on Saturday. 5/6 at BlueSQ and PaddyPower is okay.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 Chelmsford are usually so solid at home and yet thats two games they have failed to win now. What about Hyde as well another big victory although Hinckley did go down to ten-men but it sounds like they werent even in the game.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 Eastwood v Gloucester City Gloucester have had a fantastic start to the season and remain unbeaten, having not conceded in their first three games. The side are playing some good football and as I have said before they are looking like they could potentially be one of the strongest in the league. I opposed Eastwood on the first day of the season and they were lucky to gain a point as Droylsden had gone down to ten-men. They then beat Solihull but in my view that form isn’t worth an awful lot as they have struggled and on Saturday lost to a Colwyn Bay who certainly aren’t anything special from what I saw of them against Bishops Stortford. For me the bookies have priced this game up on last season and not what has been happening this term and Victor Chandler’s 2/1 looks a cracking price. Gainsborough Trinity v Corby Just as I was about to start writing this preview it was announced that Brian Little had finally left Trinity. It seems as if he has been sacked and if that is the case it’s amazing that it hasn’t happened sooner. Last Monday I tipped them because I thought things had changed, but as I have mentioned above, beating Solihull clearly didn’t take much and they were then pretty poor against Hinckley and Stalybridge, conceding seven goals in those two games. My feeling is that although Little has gone not much will change until a new man is brought in. Corby may have lost 4-0 to surprise package Hyde on Saturday but going down to ten-men may have meant the scoreline was bigger than it should have been. I’m prepared to let them off Saturday’s blip as their other two wins have been impressive. Corby should be favourites here and I’m taking Victor Chandler’s 13/8 about an away victory. Histon v Worcester When Worcester lost 2-1 at Hyde on the first day of the season it looked a disappointing result, but given how well Hyde have performed since, in hindsight it was a decent effort. They then beat Vauxhall Motors 2-0 and performed well against pre-season favourites Halifax when gaining a 1-1 draw on Saturday. Those performances suggest that they have more than enough to beat a very young Histon side. Boss David Livermore said that the average age of his squad is just above 19 and that Altrincham’s winning margin could easily have been five or six instead of the three that it was. The fact that experienced captain Omer Riza is out injured will hinder them for all the games he misses. Worcester have plenty of experience in their side and should have too much for a youthful Histon. Blue Square’s 2/1 looks a pretty juicy price in my opinion. Nuneaton v Boston Two play-off teams from last season face each other and neither had a particularly great start to the season. Boston have at least won a game but have failed to convince in any of their three matches and have a fairly big injury crisis. They really struggled against Vauxhall on Saturday and this is a tough game. Nuneaton may only have one point on the board but they have shown more promise than Boston and probably had their best half of the season against Droylsden on Saturday. If they can recreate their first half performance over 90 minutes against Boston I think they will get that first win and I’m happy to take Bwin’s 13/10. Hampton & Richmond v Dorchester Finally in the Blue Square South I was tempted to tip Eastbourne, Woking and Sutton but in the end I have decided to plump for the bigger priced Hampton to gain their first win of the season. Hampton have had a tricky start to the season. The ref seemed to have a nightmare when they lost to Bromley on the opening day. I then watched their defeat at Woking last Tuesday and although Woking outclassed them in the end they battled hard, scored a well worked goal and generally put up a decent effort. It seems like they offered a similar performance against early table toppers Dartford on Saturday. They certainly seem like a team who will cause the top clubs problems and one who can pick up victories against the lesser teams in the league, of which Dorchester are certainly one. They have had a very strange start to the season, having lost 4-0 to Dover and 3-0 to Eastbourne, whilst in between that beating Maidenhead 4-0. After two tough away games I feel Hampton can get a deserved first win and the 11/8 on offer with Victor Chandler and bet365 is big enough for me.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 Poor start to the session for me, with Chelmsford failing. They were bosses for spells by Farnborough in midfield, which is where I'd expect Chelmsford to be stronger - indeed, one of the strongest performers in the section. Addpea's tip on Hampton looks particularly interesting. They are operating with a big squad these days, and Mark Harper is determined that football is the way forward.The midfield is starting to look competitive, although they are still missing James Simmonds. Up front, the signing of Jacob Erskine is something of a coup and he should do very well in this team. David Tarpey has been on the bench of late, which perhaps indicates that he is useful in a number of roles depending on how the match is going, although I'd like to see him starting. The giant Leon Simpson also looks an interesting capture. At the back they look a touch vulnerable - they have abandoned the siege-like formation (which Alan Devonshire is currently successfully exporting to Braintree) and until that's sorted they will always be in danger of conceding, but with Dean Inman potentially back tonight there should in theory be stability sooner than later. Dorchester are less well equipped than most visiting sides to tackle these deficiencies. Titanbet are going 2.42, which looks perfectly acceptable.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 Can someone tell me why Halifax are such big favourites against Colwyn Bay? Is there team news that backs this up? Colwyn have had a decent start to the season and I dont see them as 9/2 away from home. Maybe there are more regular followers of the lower leagues who can shed more light on this game. I am new to the lower leagues but this game stood out due to the odds. Look forward to hearing more about these teams. Thanks

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23

Can someone tell me why Halifax are such big favourites against Colwyn Bay? Is there team news that backs this up? Colwyn have had a decent start to the season and I dont see them as 9/2 away from home. Maybe there are more regular followers of the lower leagues who can shed more light on this game. I am new to the lower leagues but this game stood out due to the odds. Look forward to hearing more about these teams. Thanks
I'm sure it's just weight of money, Fino. Halifax are still getting up to speed and it's a good time for Bay to be meeting them. (They took four points off them last season.) Man for man, there's clear blue water between the sides, but Bay gave Hyde a good game and are adjusting well. Although it's not one for me, if there is a betting case to be made on this match it's to back Colwyn Bay at a big price.

Can someone tell me why Halifax are such big favourites against Colwyn Bay? Is there team news that backs this up? Colwyn have had a decent start to the season and I dont see them as 9/2 away from home. Maybe there are more regular followers of the lower leagues who can shed more light on this game. I am new to the lower leagues but this game stood out due to the odds. Look forward to hearing more about these teams. Thanks
Halifax are favourites for the league and Bay one of the outsiders so that is why. Halifax havent had a great start to the season but have scope for improvement. I watched Bay in their first game of the season and they beat a poor Bishops Stortford side fairly comfortably but they didnt look any great shakes themselves. Im also not sure of the worth of beating Eastwood but only losing 1-0 to Hyde is looking good given what they are doing to others. This could be the right time to be playing Halifax though and perhaps Bay could get something out of the game. Like Ships its not a bet for me but it could be worth chancing at 9/2.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 I think the 15/8 Blue Square are offering about Solihull Moors away at Bishop's Stortford is far too big. I've opposed Stortford in all three games so far (as have a lot of you, I see) and it's returned each time. Some of the players in Stortford's squad are definitely not Conference North standard players (I went to school with a few players in their team and last season a few of them were plying their trade at the likes of Hertford Town, Ware etc), although the likes of Junior Dadson and Michael Bakare do have the ability to cause opposition defences' problems. Solihull Moors themselves are on a dire run; I admittedly know very little about their side - although they seem to have retained a decent number of the squad that went on that fantastic run (and then tailed off) during the 2010-11 season. I also know that they are under new management in the form of Marcus Bignot, and he will be desperate to get the first win of his managerial career - and tonight offers a great opportunity for Solihull to post the first three points of the campaign. Neither team will be up to much this season, in fact I think they'll both struggle to stay in the division. My judgement is that Solihull are better than Bishop's Stortford, and the main emphasis on the bet is on how bad Stortford are, making 15/8 decent offerings. I'm on Solihull, but it'll be very interesting to see how this game pans out.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 I thought tonight was the time to stay away from opposing Stortford as Solihull have been shocking themselves and that for me makes it a hard game to call but to be fair the prices should probably be a fair bit closer together. Hampton v Dorchester has been called off due to rain.

I thought tonight was the time to stay away from opposing Stortford as Solihull have been shocking themselves and that for me makes it a hard game to call but to be fair the prices should probably be a fair bit closer together. Hampton v Dorchester has been called off due to rain.
I can understand that, and I said to a few people that this maybe pushing it one game too far, but at 15/8 I'm more than willing to oppose Stortford one more time. The Solihull match reports of their first three games, although very unprofessional, really get stuck into their own team - saying they have been dragging the opposition side down with their negative play and that they do not look like a Conference North outfit. That said, I think they have some very dangerous players at their disposal, and if the likes of Junior English et. al can put in a decent shift tonight, they can really damage a vulnerable looking Stortford.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 Mixed session night for me with Alty failing tonight and Chelmsford last night, but wins for Eastbourne Borough, Sutton United and Welling brought a touch more back. Excellent calls by addpea on Nuneaton and Worcester tonight - some very healthy numbers landed.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet North & South Aug 22-23 At least some former Gloucester City players helped out with my other bets. Apparently the ref stopped the ball going out for a throw in and two passes later Eastwood have scored their winner. Darren Edwards had already been sent off though and we will miss him, apparently it was deserved though. Clearly getting rid of Little had the desired effect for Trinity.