Backing odds on shots long term - the quick way to the poor house?

The following few posts are taken from Wizzkid Walters thread, I've moved them in here so we can actually continue the debate in a sensible manner. No more abuse and bitching, debate the topic by all means, I will add my thoughts shortly.
At what point will you begin to start thiking this has not been the success you had hoped for? Surely after a couple of months of backing every short priced horse in the land with wildly variable staking tactics it's clear that this is not the correct path to tread when your lookin for keeping a sustained, clear, reliable profit line? To be polite this method you've chosen has been hit and miss. A profit of 1pt in 2 months for backing 8/11 shots and 5/6's etc can not be deemed a success can it when in truth people who are making selections based on each races merits are managing to turn profits way in excess of yours. To me, all your demonstrating is what anyone with more than a couple of brain cells already knew. Odds on backing is ok on occassions but it is by no way meant to be the long term route to successful punting you have tried to demonstrate it can be. But carry on with the selections, it gives me a laugh if nothing else.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wizzkid's 'Short Priced Favourites' Thread

At what point will you begin to start thiking this has not been the success you had hoped for? Surely after a couple of months of backing every short priced horse in the land with wildly variable staking tactics it's clear that this is not the correct path to tread when your lookin for keeping a sustained, clear, reliable profit line? To be polite this method you've chosen has been hit and miss. A profit of 1pt in 2 months for backing 8/11 shots and 5/6's etc can not be deemed a success can it when in truth people who are making selections based on each races merits are managing to turn profits way in excess of yours. To me, all your demonstrating is what anyone with more than a couple of brain cells already knew. Odds on backing is ok on occassions but it is by no way meant to be the long term route to successful punting you have tried to demonstrate it can be. But carry on with the selections, it gives me a laugh if nothing else.
What a tosser!! Cant stand internet-hardmen!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.