** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Manchester Utd. - Tottenham: Both Teams to Score: Yes @ 1.72 (Bet365) 10/10 This is a fair price for both teams to score. Man U's first official matches, including the wild super match encounter with Man City where Man U came back from a 0-2 deficit to win 3-2, indicates that it can score but also that it is uncertain in defense. Tottenham goes into this match with injury and roster issues. But it did clobber Hearts in a recent Europa Cup encounter (0-5) and indicated that it can score. The last 2/3 encounters at Manchester have been GG contests. Both teams should score at least a goal here and the odds are okay. Good Luck...:hope

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August

I will take a large bet on manu/tot over 3.5 goals' date=' but also will add an exact score 2-0 bet to make it as safe as possible, I was wondering maybe I should add some other scores too like 3-0 or 2-1?[/quote'] always a mistake to be in too many markets just an opinion my bet is over 1,5 @ 1,26 -one third of my bank i take all the reasons blackcrow and dak mentioned but i ll more aggresively

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Found a bet I like the look of, United to win both halves is 4.4 @ Betfair which is very good in my opinion. We all know how strong United are at home and with the likes of Nani, Young, Rooney up front i think United will win this by 2 or 3, especially with the injuries Spurs have in defence and Modric isn't playing.:hope Also like the look of Rooney to be booked @ 5/1 He has a temper and if things aren't going his way he can lash out.:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August First of all i would like to congratulate everyone involved in this great forum, big help for all betters especially foreigners like myself most of you guys have great knowledge of the game and solid reasoning behind your bets.... As for tonight game : Ferguson's team is starting once again another campaign making it clear to everybody that they are the ones to beat...they will be too strong for Tottenham tonight. My personal bet will be on both team to score, Man Utd had a shaky start in defense and Tottenham attack is full of options....im going to watch the game so i hope for fireworks ;) MAN UTD - TOTTENHAM GOAL MAN UTD - TOTTENHAM OVER 2.5 as part of a double Cheers guys :beer

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August One thing Tottenham and Man United share is great width. Lennon and Bale. Young and Valencia. These four will surely rack up the corners. Manchester united got 5 against West Brom and got 6 against them against a team with less width than Tottenham, and so... Corners - Over 11 @ 2.10 and some nice value (especially if Man U score first, which i anticipate) Most corners - Tottenham @ 4.00

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Interesting second round of fixtures so far, but not sure Spurs can pull off a shock tonight. Man Utd have won the first half in 17/20 home matches, while Spurs have lost the first half in 7/11 away matches against top-six teams. Got this off SPAM = BAN. Should be a good game anyway

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Man U-Spurs
Selection Man Utd -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 2.06
Reasoning Man Utd have a cracking record against Spurs and they look set to continue this tonight. The last time Spurs won at OT, they were playing 1st division football! In that time, they have managed just 4 draws in 21 games. They have Modric out tonight following the ongoing injury/transfer saga but otherwise look to be the team that played last season. Their opening day fixture was called off because of the riots and they have gone on to win 5-0 at Hearts. It seems an inspiring start but Fergie will use this to motivate his own players and United will surely put up a much sterner test than Hearts. Utd have Evra back but miss the centre backs Ferdinand and Vidic. However, if any club has strength in depth, its united and their tactics are fluid enough to cope with injuries. Both teams look set to score tonight but I fancy United to bag a few goals at least. Odds on the straight win are predicably skinny, so I'm going with the AH - money back for a one goal margin and over evens for at least a 2 goal clear win (which would have won in the past 3 encounters where Spurs looked stronger than they do currently, imo.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Just a quick shout for bookings. I think Smalling to get booked could be a good shout, playing at right back most probably, he is unfamiliar with the position even though he has played 2 games there so far this season, however he is coming up against arguably the best LW in the premier league in Gareth Bale so he could be caught out by his pace and trickery. Odds are 5.4 @ Betfair, iv'e backed small stakes along with United to win both halves! Good luck with your bets on the game :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August United - Spurs I'll be backing Man Utd here, although I think Tottenham will give them some sort of a test. There are a few things I need to mention: - goalkeepers. Both De Gea and Gomes showed that they are capable of letting silly goals in, the Man Utd man definitely needs more time to settle, while Gomes sometimes plays otustanding games and then, out of nowwhere, concedes howlers, like many times last season - back lines. United will miss both Vidic and Ferdinand, and although Evans and Smalling are very able players, they are still not at the same level. Harry can not use neither Gallas nor King, which is also a kind of blow for his team. Both teams have big potential in attack, so I think we'll see a lot of goals today - h2h record. United have a fantastic record against Spurs at Old Trafford (17 wins in last 19 games), which suggests they should overcome them today. My selections for the game: Man Utd & >2.5 goals @2.30 7/10pts Man Utd team goals >2.5 @3 7/10 pts Man Utd team goals >3.5 @6 1/10 pts 3-2 cs @23 0.3/10 pts all bet 365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Man Utd v Tottenham +1 (AH) 1.90 @ Bet365 Well it looks like I'm on my own with this one but there's no way that I could be taking a -1 handicap on Utd against a good side like Spurs. Of course Utd have a fantastic home record and can win this match but Spurs are no push overs and with the +1 handicap I think there is plenty in favour with this bet. With injury doubts at the back and a shaky start by De Gea, Spurs could get on the score sheet tonight. I didn't think Utd were overly imprerssive in the opening game at West Brom although they did get the job done. Spurs have only played Hearts in the Europa so far but they couldn't have done much better than a 5-0 win. It should be a good game and Utd are rightly favourites but I think the odds on them of winning this by more than 1 are just too skiny against a top 6 side like Spurs who are well capable on their day.

United - Spurs I'll be backing Man Utd here, although I think Tottenham will give them some sort of a test. There are a few things I need to mention: - goalkeepers. Both De Gea and Gomes showed that they are capable of letting silly goals in, the Man Utd man definitely needs more time to settle, while Gomes sometimes plays otustanding games and then, out of nowwhere, concedes howlers, like many times last season - back lines. United will miss both Vidic and Ferdinand, and although Evans and Smalling are very able players, they are still not at the same level. Harry can not use neither Gallas nor King, which is also a kind of blow for his team. Both teams have big potential in attack, so I think we'll see a lot of goals today - h2h record. United have a fantastic record against Spurs at Old Trafford (17 wins in last 19 games), which suggests they should overcome them today. My selections for the game: Man Utd & >2.5 goals @2.30 7/10pts Man Utd team goals >2.5 @3 7/10 pts Man Utd team goals >3.5 @6 1/10 pts 3-2 cs @23 0.3/10 pts all bet 365
lol I see Friedel starts for Spurs, so the goalkeeper point doesn't apply:spank

One thing Tottenham and Man United share is great width. Lennon and Bale. Young and Valencia. These four will surely rack up the corners. Manchester united got 5 against West Brom and got 6 against them against a team with less width than Tottenham, and so... Corners - Over 11 @ 2.10 :ok and some nice value (especially if Man U score first, which i anticipate) Most corners - Tottenham @ 4.00 :sad
Win on the corners.Tottenham never really in it to provide (for the corners) profit on the night.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Too many people thinking about Man Utd's so-called defensive frailties tonight and forgetting about their attacking abilities.... Sublime performance, and a great defensive display from the young men!! :clap United mean business again this year

United - Spurs I'll be backing Man Utd here, although I think Tottenham will give them some sort of a test. There are a few things I need to mention: - goalkeepers. Both De Gea and Gomes showed that they are capable of letting silly goals in, the Man Utd man definitely needs more time to settle, while Gomes sometimes plays otustanding games and then, out of nowwhere, concedes howlers, like many times last season - back lines. United will miss both Vidic and Ferdinand, and although Evans and Smalling are very able players, they are still not at the same level. Harry can not use neither Gallas nor King, which is also a kind of blow for his team. Both teams have big potential in attack, so I think we'll see a lot of goals today - h2h record. United have a fantastic record against Spurs at Old Trafford (17 wins in last 19 games), which suggests they should overcome them today. My selections for the game: Man Utd & >2.5 goals @2.30 7/10pts Man Utd team goals >2.5 @3 7/10 pts Man Utd team goals >3.5 @6 1/10 pts 3-2 cs @23 0.3/10 pts all bet 365
well, it didn't look as overs until 60th minute, but then a goal and perfect assist from Wellbeck killed Spurs Really pleased Rooney added one in he closing minutes :beer a nice profit today for me

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August Man Utd - Tottenham over 3.5 @ 2.75 :sad Game opened up in the second half and both teams had their chances to score more goals.Lennon's poor cut back would have changed the complexion of the game if he had found a team mate and they score from it, while Defoe hitting the post with a good view of the goal meant that 4 goals was hard to come by. Man Utd look ominous this early in the season, especially with the depth they have. As for Spurs they looked flat, much like Everton did - maybe missing out on the first game of the season saw them not gain any sharpness that they needed. August picks: 8-10 (+3.98)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 20-22 August United looked very strong yesterday, especially in second half. They play much faster than last year, when they were pretty boring at times, but still they got results. Looks like they've got huge potential in the squad at the moment and at the moment i just don't see any other team competing with them for the title, even if it is still very early days. Other teams still have some time till the end of transfer window, but Fergie beat all of them in the beginning when he get his squad together for the whole preparation period, while others are still in the market searching for solutions and try to strengthen their squads.

Arsenal v Liverpool I think both teams to score has to be the play here. I am not convinced with either teams defence with Arsenal having injury problems and Liverpool conceding for fun during pre-season. While Arsenal are without Nasri and Fabregas I am always very confident of them scoring at the Emirates and with Liverpools huge array of attacking talent I am also confident of them getting on the scoresheet too. Also worth noting that in the last 12 fixtures between these two sides, BTTS has came up 11 times. Selection: Both teams to score @ 1.80 with Bet365 - 3 units:eyes
Chelsea v West Brom Another early one for me here as I feel the price may drop closer to Saturday. I thought Chelsea played well on Sunday against a tough tackling Stoke team and were unfortunate not to win the game. West Brom on the other hand were looking like they were going to be onto a hiding at the hands of United until De Gea threw them a lifeline but they could not see it out for a draw. Chelsea were the 2nd strongest team at home in the EPL last year and Villas Boas will be looking to kick off his home Chelsea career in style I think and I fancy them to cover a -1.5 goal handicap. Also worth noting Chelsea have beat West Brom in the last 10 meetings between the sides, covering this handicap an impressive 8 times. Selection: Chelsea -1.5 AH @ evens with >Bet365 - 2 units:eyes
Crap.