** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August

Saturday 20 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif AFC Wimbledon v Hereford United (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.6 4.33 103.24 %
maximize.gif Bradford City v Dagenham & Redbridge (15:00 BST) 2.24 3.45 3.2 104.88 %
maximize.gif Gillingham v Plymouth Argyle (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.65 4.75 104.01 %
maximize.gif Macclesfield Town v Bristol Rovers (15:00 BST) 2.9 3.6 2.37 104.37 %
maximize.gif Morecambe v Aldershot Town (15:00 BST) 2.42 3.4 2.94 104.75 %
maximize.gif Northampton Town v Cheltenham Town (15:00 BST) 1.82 3.7 4.33 105.07 %
maximize.gif Port Vale v Accrington Stanley (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.6 4 105.16 %
maximize.gif Rotherham United v Barnet (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.75 4.5 104.44 %
maximize.gif Shrewsbury Town v Crewe Alexandra (15:00 BST) 2 3.4 4 104.41 %
maximize.gif Southend United v Burton Albion (15:00 BST) 1.9 3.6 4 105.16 %
maximize.gif Torquay United v Crawley Town (15:00 BST) 2.98 3.4 2.35 105.52 %
Sunday 21 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Swindon Town v Oxford United (13:00 BST) 2.2 3.45 3.52 102.85 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August Rotherham v Barnet Going to take small stakes on Barnet DNB 3.5 Victor Chandler Barnet normally play better away from home, proven by their impressive away wins at Portsmouth and Morecambe so far this season. Sanchez sets them up to play the counter attack and I think it could be efficient against the Millers. Barnet frustrated Rotherham last season at the Don Valley to a 0-0 draw, I think this could be possible again. Yes, Rotherham have a 100% start so are looking sharp, but that win record has cannot continue all the time and has to stop at one point, they will probably also go into this brimming with confidence however with a little bit of complaincency.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August

Rotherham v Barnet Going to take small stakes on Barnet DNB 3.5 Victor Chandler Barnet normally play better away from home, proven by their impressive away wins at Portsmouth and Morecambe so far this season. Sanchez sets them up to play the counter attack and I think it could be efficient against the Millers. Barnet frustrated Rotherham last season at the Don Valley to a 0-0 draw, I think this could be possible again. Yes, Rotherham have a 100% start so are looking sharp, but that win record has cannot continue all the time and has to stop at one point, they will probably also go into this brimming with confidence however with a little bit of complaincency.
Yep, good bet. We played them on Tuesday and they are vastly improved, pretty certain they won't be in the relegation mix-up this season should be looking nearer mid-table. Izale Mcleod has now scored 5 against us in 2 games, and he missed a penalty! :lol He has pace to burn and they could well have beaten us on Tues, real end to end stuff anyway..the defence is where the problems lie for me but if they could get Dennerhy fit that would certainly help, great value at 3.5 for me with draw cover.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August WIMBLEDON v Hereford Liking the look of the 4/5 on offer @ bet365 for Wimbledon to turn over a poor looking Hereford side. Hereford took a hiding midweek at home to Macc, and have failed to find the net in there 3games so far this term which has them bottom of the league with 3 defeats in 3 games. Wimbledon had a tough baptism in league 2 with there first 3 games against 3 of the 4 sides who come down last season. Despite the tough start they have come through them with plenty of credit, the loss against Bristol was no disgrace after coming from 2-0 down to lose it late on, and the two 2-0 away wins on the bounce are cracking results. Wimbledon should have far too much for hereford here and I can see a similar score to Herefords midweek defeat.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August

WIMBLEDON v Hereford Liking the look of the 4/5 on offer @ bet365 for Wimbledon to turn over a poor looking Hereford side. Hereford took a hiding midweek at home to Macc, and have failed to find the net in there 3games so far this term which has them bottom of the league with 3 defeats in 3 games. Wimbledon had a tough baptism in league 2 with there first 3 games against 3 of the 4 sides who come down last season. Despite the tough start they have come through them with plenty of credit, the loss against Bristol was no disgrace after coming from 2-0 down to lose it late on, and the two 2-0 away wins on the bounce are cracking results. Wimbledon should have far too much for hereford here and I can see a similar score to Herefords midweek defeat.
I think Hereford wil earn at least one point here. Might be weak, but will never relegate, they are the type of team that can snatch a win even at the leaders home ground. Definitely a bet for me on AH for Hereford.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August Hi all, just want to get stuck into this AFC Wimbledon debate. When looking through the weekend fixtures on Tuesday this match jumped out at me straight away. AFC have took to the football league really well and without repeating 1882's thoughts, think they look great value at 5-6 on offer in the highstreet at coral. When pricing this game up I would have been closer to 4-6 or perhaps even 8-13 as we see a team in confidence at home against a team without a point from 3 games. The way that Hereford collapsed at home to an average Macclesfield in midweek suggests a fragility in the mindset of the Hereford team. If AFC get the first goal inside the opening half hour it could be a long game for Hereford as the start of the season suggests it could be a tough season. Good Luck all :cheers

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August Macclesfield v Bristol Rovers I think this is a good price on the Gas. Their squad is far better than Macclesfields and 1 of the best in the league. Gas have dominated every game they have played this season, though they did lose to Torquay. They have been impressive so far and I can see them putting a few past macc here. The Silkmen seem to be better away from home, their long ball tactics seem not as effective at home when their expected to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Judging by looking at the stats at their game at Hereford midweek, the scoreline flattered them as Hereford seemed to dominate the game in big spells. They were poor at Crawley, and were lucky to defeat Hull. Bristol Rovers have too much for them here and Macc's luck should be running out. Selection: Bristol Rovers - 2.37 Ladbrokes

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August MACCLESFIELD vs ROVERS over 2.5.....@ 10/11...willy hilly...stakes...2/10.The pirates 5 games this season including pre season have all gone over.In their 3 games so far they have had plenty of attempts on goal.In Zebroski,Harrold,McGleish and Kuffour they are more than capable of scoring.I also think that Macclesfield who put 4 past the bulls midweek are capable of scoring at least once at home and this could be an open game.I picked rovers to win this league e/w at 10's but they'll have to start keeping clean sheets.Not sure if they'll be able to start today but I'll settle for a 1-2away win...

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 20-21 August Swindon - Oxford: Draw @ 3.50 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 I don't think that Swindon should be favoured here by as much as it is (odds of 2.00-2.20). Swindon was relegated last season from League 1. At home, last season, they had a weak record with a lot of draws (5-9-9). The hosts have started the season with a 1-0-2 record. In 2/3 matches they have failed to score. The guests have a 1-1-1 start to the season. Oxford appears to play it tight (results: 1-0 loss; 1-1 draw; 2-0 win). The guests had a good amount of draws last season (record: 6-8-9) and seems they will approach matches in a similar fashion this year. In the end, I don't think there is a great deal of difference between the teams and Swindon's home advantage isn't enough to make it favourites here. At this stage of the season, the draw is a good percentage bet between similar quality teams and the odds are good. Good Luck...:hope